Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
  • 1,088,705 views
Oh wow. So they added Friends based leaderboards? Gonna have to go add my Steam ID to the master thread. I can compete with the other backmarkers.
 
I'm not trying to shove anything. I see you, however are trying to tell me what to do with my life.

P.S. Not once have I said I liked forza. Please try to read the posts before raging.
 
I'm not trying to shove anything. I see you, however are trying to tell me what to do with my life.

P.S. Not once have I said I liked forza. Please try to read the posts before raging.

No one is telling you to do anything. Simply that quantity does not always equal price.

Bear in mind that AC is made by a team of less than 10 people somewhere in Italy. The tracks are laser scanned and everything is being done in great detail.
 
The new 12C GT3 is amazing! By far my favorite car in the game so far. I can't wait for the SLS GT3!
 
Yeah, it's amazing, although I don't like the standard setup.
Too much camber and toe, makes the car uneasy in weight transitions and highspeed corners.
It drives like on rails in the slower sections and has crazy traction.
 
No one is telling you to do anything. Simply that quantity does not always equal price.

Bear in mind that AC is made by a team of less than 10 people somewhere in Italy. The tracks are laser scanned and everything is being done in great detail.
Actually it sounded like @Jav was telling @snoopybg what to do.
 
I think I prefer the Iracing version just a little more than the AC version. Kinda surprised me a bit.
Same here, even with all its handling "issues" feels more alive, more natural. AC's version just feels dull, I have extremely limited time on that car with only the base set, so that might have a lot to do.
 
Yeah that is exactly how I feel. I have very little experience with either version. The most Ive driven the Iracing version was comparing the 2. I also think this showed me that Iracing does a better job of giving a sense of speed, but that might just be me.
 
For me it's the ammount of detail that goes into the physics, aero and tire model on iRacing. You can just see it on this car.
 
I normally drive with hard slicks on these type of cars, but because I was psyched out about the new leaderboards, went with the default softs to "get an edge". Man, I was about to write this car off with prejudice until I went to a harder tire. Made a huge improvement in my impressions.
 
I normally drive with hard slicks on these type of cars, but because I was psyched out about the new leaderboards, went with the default softs to "get an edge". Man, I was about to write this car off with prejudice until I went to a harder tire. Made a huge improvement in my impressions.
I am definitely trying that then Paul, thank you for mentioning it!
 
Is that an alternate livery? Mine doesn't look like that!
 
WIP
showroommclarenmp412ceikvo.png

The numbers are from the Loeb Racing car, I'll change them in the future.
 
WIP
showroommclarenmp412ceikvo.png

The numbers are from the Loeb Racing car, I'll change them in the future.
Looking pretty good Ace! Wish I could deal with the AC templates, I've tried but fail to understand how to make them work...
I'd really like to do a replica of my iRacing skin for the Macca.
 
Just click on the paint icon and there's like six different models you can choose from.
Thanks Paul! I learn something new about AC every time I play it!
 
Thanks. Yeah the templates are a bit of a mess sometimes.
Do you have your iRacing skin as a single file? If yes, pm it to me, maybe I'll be able to recreate it for AC.
 
So how to check the leaderboards and for what events are they available? I looked around a little in the sim and couldn't find anything in the result summary sections.
 
showroommclarenmp412c97jm0.png
Some progress, still a lot to do.
Awesome looking car Ace! Loving it!
Can we use chrome textures in the sim??
 
Thanks!

So far I haven't seen a way for anything else than the normal paint.
The templates and whole skinning process is a PITA in this game.
Although the showroom feature, which doesn't even need the game itself, is handy (as is the folder structure).
 
Back