Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
  • 1,089,494 views
As much as I want that to be true, are you sure its not simply a journalist wishful thinking?

Hmm ok I dont know, I just translated the link. I thought it is a good source?!

Because in the article it says that there was an AC presentation today at Vallelunga where they revealed infos for the coming release.
 
So it was probably true, this friday could be the big patch day (pure speculation!):

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2htll3/assetto_corsa_major_update_this_friday_official/

This Friday or not, 3GB reads great. But when I look at the changelist that I have seen so far, there are no huge changes that can turn this game into something real playable for hours. There is still soo much missing. New sounds and visuals is great. But the core game is missing a lot.

Just 10 laps against AI or in Multiplayer gets very boring after time. I hope they upgrade the core of the game.

EDIT: After reading a bit more on the racedepartment forum I think there will be no patch this friday.
 
Last edited:
Quote from C3PO, who was at the event....

Release Candidate version due mid October, hopefully. Final version due by end of October. Source: Marco to me.

Also,

lQYNjBS.gif
 
Last edited:
Wiz
Quote from C3PO, who was at the event....



Also,

lQYNjBS.gif


End of October, good timing to bring it 1 month before Pcars 👍

In the video of @DarthMosco we can see the new graphics I guess. Looks great!
 
Now this is becoming a dream of what gran turismo should have been. :) Imagine kunos getting the same man power and budget as PD, I wonder what they can make on a sim racing. Those guys at kunos are quite talented, I must say. I just hope AC won't flop on sales.

Also on the video, it's nice to see the gran turismo logo from the 24 hr nurburgring skin stamped on the SLS windshield.
 
After a short flirt with Raceroom I am back to AC. It is the best Sim for me at the moment (no PCars I have). I really love the open wheelers.
 
I don't always watch videos in Italian, but when I do... I wish spoken Italian was as easy to understand as when it is written. :(

The same goes for all romance languages. These guys confirmed 1.0RC will be out sometime in October like someone else mentioned. 👍
 
The LaFerrari looks fantastic.

It is possibly the main reason why I bought Assetto Corsa that car, I'll be driving that a ton when it gets released!
 

When I read this correctly, they only reveal 1.0 infos next week. They also say this on FB. Because my first read was, 1.0 update will come next week. And I am not the only one :D
 
Yeah. I'm not expecting any updates next week. Considering we have people quoting them as saying they're aiming for mid month for the release candidate and end of month for final version, I'm guessing the 17th for RC and 31st for final version. Obviously these dates can be torpedoed by something going wrong.
 
From the Ferrari footage, the global lighting/reflections, shadows and shine are really improved and very close to pCars now... Awesome!
 
Yeah. I'm not expecting any updates next week. Considering we have people quoting them as saying they're aiming for mid month for the release candidate and end of month for final version, I'm guessing the 17th for RC and 31st for final version. Obviously these dates can be torpedoed by something going wrong.
I'll take November for the win.:lol:
 
I'll take November for the win.:lol:

They really should release it earlier because of the release of Pcars. I know, hardcore fans will ignore Pcars. But if they want some mainstream sales on Steam they should bring this game out 1 month earlier.
 
They really should release it earlier because of the release of Pcars. I know, hardcore fans will ignore Pcars. But if they want some mainstream sales on Steam they should bring this game out 1 month earlier.
I have always had the impression that Kunos isn't experienced with or interested in a real mainstream splash launch. I think they are content to have the game showing up in Steam and for word of mouth awareness.

Besides, I think Early Access sales far exceeded Kunos' expectations already (heck, at one point AC was a top seller on Steam!). And that was probably partially the reason for the feature creep we've seen this year, using the extra budget to spend more development time and get some more extensive licenses.
 
They really should release it earlier because of the release of Pcars. I know, hardcore fans will ignore Pcars. But if they want some mainstream sales on Steam they should bring this game out 1 month earlier.
Why would hardcore fans ignore PCars?
 
Why would hardcore fans ignore PCars?

Modding or lack of? How many sims does one need? Personally I decided to go with AC many months ago now and am happy with my choice. If I would get a second sim ( not likely though) it would probably be Rfactor2, pcars a distant third choice.
 
Modding or lack of? How many sims does one need? Personally I decided to go with AC many months ago now and am happy with my choice. If I would get a second sim ( not likely though) it would probably be Rfactor2, pcars a distant third choice.
Thing is... the pCARS track list is awesome. They have pretty much every track I care about except a couple of minor ones (e.g. Zandvoort and VIR).
I guess some car mods would be reasonable, but the pCARS car list isn't shabby when it comes to race cars anyway.

Besides, the lack of easy moddability never stopped people from doing interesting things to Shift 1/2 on the PC..... :)
 
Why would hardcore fans ignore PCars?

Because when I would have written (god I hope this is right, my english :crazy::D) that people would ignore AC when Pcars is out (what I wrote in the past already here) then I get bashed that they don´t care about PCars and AC is god and Pcars is for kids and Arcade and bla. So I have to carefully write my posts these days.

I am very excited for Pcars and I guess (if AC does not deliver an solid career mode) I will stop playing AC for a long time (if Pcars delivers what they promise). I am a one Sim guy because when I get used to a game and it´s physics, I dont like to switch between different games. At least not on a short time period.
 
Because when I would have written (god I hope this is right, my english :crazy::D) that people would ignore AC when Pcars is out (what I wrote in the past already here) then I get bashed that they don´t care about PCars and AC is god and Pcars is for kids and Arcade and bla. So I have to carefully write my posts these days.

I am very excited for Pcars and I guess (if AC does not deliver an solid career mode) I will stop playing AC for a long time (if Pcars delivers what they promise). I am a one Sim guy because when I get used to a game and it´s physics, I dont like to switch between different games. At least not on a short time period.
Makes perfect sense. You realize though that what you read on these boards and other fansites is just a tiny minority of people that actually play any game. The whole "dis game sux, [insert game] is da gr8tst eva!!" is kind of a Youtube/fansite thing that most gamers could care less about.
I've always been a one game kind of guy myself for reasons similar to yours plus I really like to explore everything in a game and really get a feel for it. AC and PCars and maybe iRacing might just break me out of that mode all I need to do is find the time!

One thing is for sure though. We are in a very exciting time for racing sims. You can't lose no matter which way you turn:)
 
Back