Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,061 comments
thank you, how does it drive?
It drives easy here (only tested at Silverstone for the moment), the downforce and the tyres sticks the car on the road and as @digitizerus wrote, Yeah It seems a good car for a league. ;-)

The sounds are taken from the Ferrari 2004 from Kunos... if my ears didn't fool me ! ^^

Enjoy ! ;-)

Last edited:
Why in some cars the RPM needle moves like once per second? Is it supposed to or did I mess something up in my game?
It's a feature of the shader patch to simulate how tachos actually worked on classic race cars. You can disable it in:
Settings/Custom Shader Patch/Car Instruments/Use Accurate Tachometers (untick)

upload_2019-2-15_22-24-54.png

I must have a dozen different R8s but the Audi R8 V10+ LMS Kit newish to Assettoland is new to me too, and it's a doozy. Really nicely detailed inside and out and feels good to drive. It's a mean-looking mofo.

[Edit: D'oh, just realised the body is directly from the Kunos R8 LMS Ultra and the interior is from the Kunos R8 V10 Plus. Thought both looked too good to be rips from elsewhere...]

Lots of different body/wheel/interior colour combos too, which is always nice.

https://mega.nz/#!QSpjySoa!MsbJ9-jf0YrEVCyed9EgQNyCNhBBrYFhuLc6JIohsKo

Audi%20R8%20V10%20PLUS%20LMSKit%20by%20CutataWerkz%20f.jpg

Last edited:
Hello friends, sorry to bother .. A friend bought the mod 1996 F1 simdreams, however the cars do not load, they only appear in the menu .. I can not find out what is missing, did anyone have the same problem? Thank you very much in advance..

Solved the problem in mod F1 1996 ... the problem was in the driver3d file in the DATA folder of each car ... a command line, was different from the one found in the file: content \ driver ...

Been trying to find this car for months. I tried contacting the youtuber etc. I am willing to pay for it. In my country this car is legendary. Can anyone help

tried asking assetto-garage on facebook? it is "their" mod

@delpinsky I see Assetto Corsa Car Mods FB page has just uploaded the LaFerrari Aperta. I wonder if it contains your recent edits to the instruments and glass?
I was completely forgetting about the LaFerrari aperta with missing dashboard font :P

Their version is the default one, with broken mirrors and working dashboard :D

It's a feature of the shader patch to simulate how tachos actually worked on classic race cars. You can disable it in:
Settings/Custom Shader Patch/Car Instruments/Use Accurate Tachometers (untick)

View attachment 799758
is this from the new build? Mine says 'No custom shaders patch found'. Don't know what I did wrong

is this from the new build? Mine says 'No custom shaders patch found'. Don't know what I did wrong
Never mind, I found out

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone help me with textures not mapping to rim blur in kseditor, please? The problem is, as soon as I import the model into kseditor it loses the rim blur texture so that I get an invisible rim effect and I can't find a way to re-assign it.

I've checked the object and material settings in the editor and everything looks correct (active, transparency set, alpha and textures set correctly) but I cannot get the rim blur texture to show up on the car?

Here's an attachment showing where I'm up to, the rim blur object in 3dsmax, the blurred objects.ini in the data folder and the texture (which remains blank no matter what I try) in kseditor.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• rim blur5.jpg
    rim blur5.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi fellas: If I want to change shader-type from lets say ksperpixel to ksperpixelreflection on a material. What is the way to do this? I have 3DSMAx and kseditor ofc :) Also have 3dSimed3 :)

So, do I need to "isolate" the rim then change shader type, then copy over to the original? I would like to have more info than just a picture :) But thanks for helping me out :) Updated: nvm, I got it to work :) Thanks delpinsky ;)

@delpinsky I see Assetto Corsa Car Mods FB page has just uploaded the LaFerrari Aperta. I wonder if it contains your recent edits to the instruments and glass?
Ahahahahahah I can't believe it!
I did it! :D
upload_2019-2-16_19-54-1.png

upload_2019-2-16_19-54-18.png

upload_2019-2-16_20-23-13.png

— Added missing LODs
— Glass visible on the rear window
— Working mirrors
— Dashboard turning on/off with front lights and remaining visible at night.

Add in lights.ini:

[LIGHT_7]
NAME=GEO_Details
COLOR=5,5,5

to have some extra dashboard illumination when you turn on the lights.

Download

Last edited:
View attachment 799912
View attachment 799913
View attachment 799920

— Added missing LODs
— Working mirrors
— Dashboard turning on/off with front lights
Added in lights.ini:
[LIGHT_7]
NAME=GEO_Details
COLOR=5,5,5

Download
Nice one mate, buuuuut… ;)
The detailed dash disappears at night if you DON'T turn your headlights on, eg if doing a transition from day to night, the dashboard detail (that's there in daylight) will disappear when track lights come on UNTIL you turn your own headlights on. Can't really understand why?
Also it'd be cool if you could copy the internal windscreen glass settings to the side windows, as these reflect the road quite vividly in the cockpit (drive over kerbs or grass and the reflection goes wild).
:)

@Masscot
Also I've noticed the rev counter doesn't work as it should.

Update... now I'll check the glass as well, once everything's OK, I'm going to reup the download link

Funny thing is, why when I change external glass values, the dashboard disappear?
And why the Pro Tyre app is broken while before it showed the tires green?
Let me use the Content Manager editor, to change values, instead...

Last edited:
View attachment 799912
View attachment 799913
View attachment 799920

— Added missing LODs
— Working mirrors
— Dashboard turning on/off with front lights

Add in lights.ini:

[LIGHT_7]
NAME=GEO_Details
COLOR=5,5,5

to have some extra dashboard illumination when you turn on the lights.

Download
Update V1.1b
(turned off extra dashboard illumination, turning on the lights, as the other Ferraris by Kunos don't have it. If you like it, you can always add it by following my hint)
Please tell me if now is better...:D

p.s.
Can you tell me why, if I REPACK the "data" folder into "data.acd", then the Pro Tyre app stops working, showing red tires, while leaving "data" folder active, instead of "data.acd", the Pro Tyre app works, showing green tires?

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone can help me solve a problem I have with one circuit in my collection.

At Suzuka and this only happens when I run a server for online racing, just at the end of 130R the lollipop man is levitating approx. off the ground (headless torso by the way) on the racing line. I believe I have the reboot version (3 layouts)
001-rogue-lollipop-man-online.jpg

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone can help me solve a problem I have with one circuit in my collection.

At Suzuka and this only happens when I run a server for online racing, just at the end of 130R the lollipop man is levitating approx. off the ground (headless torso by the way) on the racing line. I believe I have the reboot version (3 layouts)View attachment 800095
thats a funny bug :D
try this Suzuka
https://www9.zippyshare.com/v/Dr6jBOw8/file.html

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back