Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,071 comments
And btw:
Could there anyone fix the problem with this Ferrari 250 LM from AssettoPedia?
Looks like there's the "Wonder Woman - Mode" active:lol: and I can't enter this data file to fix the problem:banghead:

Last edited:
Are the cars on Assettoland free to update/tweak? Meaning to not need permission?

I adore the Alfa Romeo Montreal. To me it's one of most beautiful ever cars created, but the one on Assettoland has so many problems. Lack of animations, cracked glass, wonky physics, etc.

Are the cars on Assettoland free to update/tweak? Meaning to not need permission?

I adore the Alfa Romeo Montreal. To me it's one of most beautiful ever cars created, but the one on Assettoland has so many problems. Lack of animations, cracked glass, wonky physics, etc.
You don't need permission to update/tweak ANY car. That's the beauty of modding.
Releasing that tweaked car as your own work is when modders start getting pissy.

You don't need permission to update/tweak ANY car. That's the beauty of modding.
Releasing that tweaked car as your own work is when modders start getting pissy.
Which I find funny because more than half the time the car was converted from Forza or a different sim. I could understand the getting pissy if it was your own mesh you had made from scratch, but when someone converts a mesh from a different game and not only does a poor job of it but then forgets about updating it? Kind of becomes free domain in my eyes. And I'm %100 certain the Montreal is a Forza conversion.

It's a very unfriendly and anti-community habit to get pissy over content one doesn't even have the rights to and to prevent others from releasing an improved version which would only benefit the community. Honestly the sim racing community baffles me over all the petty squabbles about rights. One of the only modding communities I've been around that gets pissy over otherwise trivial and irrelevant stuff.

EDIT: Anyway, I'm gonna focus on tweaking the physics and tyre data. So that's where my next few hundred AC sessions will go toward. If anyone wants to help improve the quality by adding the missing anims that'd be cool. If not, oh well.

Last edited:
Which I find funny because more than half the time the car was converted from Forza or a different sim. I could understand the getting pissy if it was your own mesh you had made from scratch, but when someone converts a mesh from a different game and not only does a poor job of it but then forgets about updating it? Kind of becomes free domain in my eyes. And I'm %100 certain the Montreal is a Forza conversion.

It's a very unfriendly and anti-community habit to get pissy over content one doesn't even have the rights to and to prevent others from releasing an improved version which would only benefit the community. Honestly the sim racing community baffles me over all the petty squabbles about rights. One of the only modding communities I've been around that gets pissy over otherwise trivial and irrelevant stuff.
The Facebook feuds are hilarious. Some modders act like wounded divas, getting all protective about half-stolen crappy hack jobs like it's high art being discussed.

The talented modders just quietly go about their business.

The Facebook feuds are hilarious. Some modders act like wounded divas, getting all protective about half-stolen crappy hack jobs like it's high art being discussed.
I've seen some of those communities before and it honestly baffles me how there is no quality control within them. Most of the cars are abysmal quality with just enough effort to get them functional, but hardly enough to make them spectacular must-haves. Plus--and this is just a personal gripe--they tend to focus on a lot of tuner cars with ugly bodykits. I'm more into historic race cars and non-tuned/stock road cars both modern and classic. I could care less about some tofu tosser unless it rivals Kunos quality and is non-tuned.

I got enough of Japanese cars from playing Gran Turismo all these years and that's one thing that I really like about AC--The European focus. Europe makes and has made some of the most beautiful cars on the planet. That's partially why I bought a BMW IRL. It's a really nice change of pace.

Has anyone managed to get a link to this Aston Martin ONE-77 mod?
Screenshot_ad_am_one77_shuto_revival_project_beta_20-4-119-18-28-59.png
I got the AssettoDrive version.
This version has working "INTERNAL glass" for raindrops and "DAMAGE glass".
I wonder if the real Aston has wipers... I can't find pictures of them.

custom-showroom-1556065134.jpg

Last edited:
whoever converts a car or a track has no rights over it ... only the original creator of the model does. (and if you want to go down the branding road, well... you know where the story ends)
- physics are, on the other side propriety of the developer of the game engine, no matter how much you tweak it or build a new one for a new 3D model.

Porting models from other games to (in our case) AC is not aloud (be it a track or a car) , but is seems to be tolerated for reasons beyond my comprehension; of course, I am happy that it is that way, so everyone can choose the sim that he likes to drive the cars on the tracks that he likes.

- Not to mention selling mods / conversions ... that is completely out of question.

Out of respect, common sense and courtesy, modders contact the original creator of a mod before changing anything on it, to ask for permission, and permmission is in 99% of the cases guaranteed, with the only request to include the original release notes and fill up a kind of a changelog if any improvements have been done or something has been added or removed. ...simple as that.
(somehow like the recently released 911 rwb... a nice pdf with all the credits, all the changes, all the work done... great job! this is the way it should be done)

Modding is a very nice hobby if you keep it clean, but if you play unfair... well, no joy and no friends down that road.

Last edited:
Not sure, if it's that, what you're looking for but: https://mega.nz/#!kChmkKAC!_gF61JWo3zHmXARDi6sqdJGs_OFx8avGQi2z4gVe7IA
Here a link to Assettoland/Alfa Romeo (Maybe you'll find some more stuff to use on your track;)):
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/cars-1

Thanks for the help. The GTV6 is available on several sites and theones I have downloaded are quite iffy but usable as a base to build physics and fill a grid.
I am actually looking for the Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Zagato with the original round tail that can be seen in the video - THAT car I have never seen in a mod so far on any platform (it is a LOVELY car). The 3D model in the video also looks much better than coming from a low poly GTR2 mod. My first reaction was that this may be a model from GT6 perhaps? Is the SZ available in Gran Turismo?

I would love to get my hands on that mod to build myself proper physics for the car but I am very reluctant to pay any money to Sim Dream as of their history with stealing mods, repackaging and selling them as their own. I would love to learn where the model is coming from to rather get it from teh source as I have to build physics anyway.

I have downloaded several versions of the Alfa Romeo Montreal mod in the past with the intention of building proper physics but I gave up on it a long time ago as all mods of the car available that I got were all over the place in scaling so realistic wheelbase, track and actually used wheel and tire sizes of the real car would simply not fit and I am a stickler for realism.

I also have not seen a single one of the Montreal conversions with halfway decent physics so you would have to build your own if you download the car.
The model (apart from wrong size issues) is rather nice though. I have not seen a single one though with proper working headlight cover animations, so those would have to be built as well?

Maybe @delpinsky does have some Alfa Romeo blood and may be interested to fix size issues with the Alfa Romeo Montreal and create head light cover and wiper animations? I have a half finished physics project on that car, I'd be happy to finalize on a realistic base car ;-)

FIAT/POLSKI 126 UPDATE 1.1 BY UNCLE M

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sf1su...VdtzOOWbgBjPvF7iIVQrE7jiAtnM_hnRuZEP8bchXkagQ

57882529_10157309812597509_7499810783480512512_o.jpg

CHANGELOG:

Cup Version:

- Reduced engine power and remapped torque curve.
- The new engine specs are: 94 whp / 134 Nm
- Remapped and reshaded body objects.
- Revized physics

Sport Version:

- Remapped engine curve
- The new engine specs are: 206 whp / 273 Nm
- New 7 speed sequential gearbox
- Renewed tyre specs and wheel sizes.
- Whole physics update
- Body modified, remapped and reshaded
- All clusters (light & gauges) renewed
- Side mirrors renewed

And btw:
Could there anyone fix the problem with this Ferrari 250 LM from AssettoPedia?
Looks like there's the "Wonder Woman - Mode" active:lol: and I can't enter this data file to fix the problem:banghead:

Here are the fixed data files and the original ones to. For both cars, the Ferrari 250 LM and Ferrari 250 LM Race. As performance compromise, I put 1.000 Meters as distance. But I think thats more than enough. I can only see some pixels zooming out a large range. :D
New LOD´s couldn´t be generated, because some texture errors, sorry.

https://we.tl/t-jVXejtcoD3

AssettoPedia-Forum:https://assettopedia.forumfree.it/?t=76454296

Not sure, if it's this one, but let's give it a try:)
Nope, that is not the one ;-)

It looks like this one though also is included in the converted pack Sim Dream sells (may or may not be the same super low poly 3D model).

The one I am interested in is the Zagato bodied "Sprint Zagato", built on the Giulietta Sprint chassis with a lightweight aluminum body and a very hot racing engine to boot ;-)

Isn't she GLORIOUS looking!

1961_Alfa_Romeo_Giulietta_Sprint_Zagato_Coda_Ronda%2C_2017_Tour_Auto.jpg

whoever converts a car or a track has no rights over it ... only the original creator of the model does. (and if you want to go down the branding road, well... you know where the story ends)
- physics are, on the other side propriety of the developer of the game engine, no matter how much you tweak it or build a new one for a new 3D model.

Porting models from other games to (in our case) AC is not aloud (be it a track or a car) , but is seems to be tolerated for reasons beyond my comprehension; of course, I am happy that it is that way, so everyone can choose the sim that he likes to drive the cars on the tracks that he likes.

- Not to mention selling mods / conversions ... that is completely out of question.

Out of respect, common sense and courtesy, modders contact the original creator of a mod before changing anything on it, to ask for permission, and permmission is in 99% of the cases guaranteed, with the only request to include the original release notes and fill up a kind of a changelog if any improvements have been done or something has been added or removed. ...simple as that.
(somehow like the recently released 911 rwb... a nice pdf with all the credits, all the changes, all the work done... great job! this is the way it should be done)

Modding is a very nice hobby if you keep it clean, but if you play unfair... well, no joy and no friends down that road.

Intellectual property rights is a fascinating subject! The current widespread modding activity of AC and CM (Content Manager) is VERY similar to MFS (Microsoft Flight Simulator) and FSM (Flight Sim Manager) that occurred 40 years ago. A HUGE Flight Sim modding community grew and eventually the website AVSIM and AVSIM LIBRARY by Tom Allensworth became the single GO TO resource for Mods. I'm not sure how Tom was able work thru the Intellectual Property Rights issues, and the site was victim of hacker take-downs, but even today they still maintain hundreds of thousands of FS9/FSX Flight Sim Mods, Modding Tools, etc . If we are lucky, the SAME evolution will occur with AC, and another visionary like Tom (x4fab?) will create a dedicated Library Site for exchanging, collaborating with our AC Mod Files..........:bowdown:.

@Showmebest66
Nope. This version is what I've found online. Don't know if there're updates available, but I don't think so.

By the way I've found some wipers on another model of Aston Martin One-77
upload_2019-4-24_20-5-32.png

I can't find online picture of the AM One in the rain or just showing the wipers...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back