Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,088 comments
@BrandonW77 when I tried it, the only difference I noticed was that either all the cars started from the same spot, I had cars in front and behind me or when using the alternate I had no car behind me and incoming traffic started faster.

Ok. That's very different from what I experienced on the non-alternative layout last night. I'll have to do some more investigating with the other layouts to see how they behave.

About that facebook mod page...
I get some cars from time to time getting just the good looking racing ones with sounds working (1.10 or higher compliant) to fill the rooster of AI cars or i get the ones from RD that are not updated (so they have broken sound) that in this facebook page are updated to 1.10 or higher and have then working sound...

Most of the cars/tracks i get are from RD or AssettoClub though cause they are the two sites that have the best mods...

About pay mods i think the best ones are the URD ones... I own both the EGT and the PX mods are they area blast! On RD you can find correct brand naked and liveries so you can have the best out of these mods... Iam planning tp get the CART and the DTM mods Too cause they both look amazing...

There is another site i go... It's a german site that doesn't have mods (it links to RD usually) but has a good archive of skins organised by car model... The best to find quickly a skin for the car you like...

Did anyone see this? Better yet, has anyone tried it yet? It might make it easier for people who don't want to manually pop open data.acd and adjust things in Notepad++ like I do. :boggled: It uses quickbms to auto-extract the data files and it will even recreate a data.acd file if you wish.

Not a bad idea! I thought of asking @x4fab about the possibility to do something like this inside of Content Manager. Maybe he will in the future...That would be perfect.

Assetto Corsa Car Tuner
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/

mEIgqAy.png

Excited! But bollocks to press releases and marketing speech. :P Are there any "vs 7700K" benchmarks?
Or hasn't the NDA been lifted yet maybe?

Ugh...I don't know WTF is going on with this dude and his links. This one currently works:

https://mega.nz/#!p1FzHS7S!_b0pPnTHg0nijyEhdRJIA0H8i89wO5RVVZ9tUr7hUhk

If that stops working, go here:
That's the author's personal YouTube page and that's where I keep getting the updated links from. Sorry for all the craziness.

I just did a quick AI benchmark test with the fastest of the cars in this pack at Road America v3.4

058 - 02:04.611 … __:__.___ … 181 ……… __.___ … ___ … BFR Focus RS MK2 Time Attack Evolution

061 - 02:04.743 … __:__.___ … 180 ……… __.___ … ___ … Porsche 911 GT1-98

Yes, it ran faster than the 911 GT-1-98.....👍

n2qq0bH.jpg

Mazda RX-3 GT
https://mega.nz/#!X4FSkDBR!p21R1KhDpA6Py14gPRAgJcE2ypqJmOZTOzcgiOzsuqk

I've been driving & racing this car for hours. It's not the fastest car, obviously, but it's got meaty modern tires (TM10). The Street tires are only Front: 215's Rear: 225's but they're great for this car. It does come with Semislicks Front: 235's Rear: 255's but I haven't even tried them yet. The car even comes with skinning templates, so making personal skins isn't too hard.

There's something about these types of cars that I just love. Not too powerful, but capable of providing good, fun racing! Sure, it's fun flying around the Nordschleife in that Ferrari F50, but this badboy ain't too shabby either. :D
This is a little gem! But that reverb coming through my speakers/woofer when the car is idle... :boggled::yuck:. Not good; I had to decrease the volume.

@OooAhh Cantona 👍; Specs and year of that Mazda RX-3 GT:bowdown:. These cars are just great. I watch them every year at the Copenhagen Historic Race, in Aarhus, Jylland, and in Bellahøj, Copenhagen.
Unfortunately, the builder of this mod got a wee bit lazy when it came time to documenting his vehicle properly. But, have no fear...ALB is here! :P
The modder must have built this car with the 12A single distributor engine in mind based on the data included with this car. So, I'm guessing it would be based on a 1974 -- 130hp & 115 lb·ft (156 Nm) Torque. I'm suspect of the dyno curves, unfortunately, I don't have one to compare to this car. I think our car in AC boogie-woogies a little too fast compared to the real deal, but maybe I'm wrong.

I can't remember...Are you on PC version of Assetto Corsa @gt6champnk69 or console version?

After the latest updates to the console version of Assetto Corsa, I'm actually very impressed:P. All those Porsche's are just awesome, and they are very accurate even in stock. But I hope that in a future update, that we who are on the console version, eventually can enjoy these mod tracks as well. Overall I rate Assetto Corsa much better than PCars 1 when we talk cars physics, how they behave on the track, and how they are setup:). By the way, I use a DS4 controller. I still play GT6, enjoying created tracks, and I'm spending a lot time making real life replica tunes in GT6:D:tup:

I saw your post about a decent Daytona 24H track. Have you tried this one by Terra21?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/du6ocx59gs78eyj/daytona_roadcourse.rar

It's not perfect. Example: tyre walls don't have collision. (Concrete walls behind tyre wall do have collision.) But the track is good enough for me to keep in my AC tracks.
I recently acquired one through our private gentlemens conversation that's pretty swell. Might be this one, does it have a day and night version? Then it's the one I have.

I recently acquired one through our private gentlemens conversation that's pretty swell. Might be this one, does it have a day and night version? Then it's the one I have.
Private gentlemen's club? We're still talking about sim racing, right? :P

The version (linked above) does not have night. I'm not particularly interested in night racing, but if there is a better version of Daytona, I'll take it!

After the latest updates to the console version of Assetto Corsa, I'm actually very impressed:P. All those Porsche's are just awesome, and they are very accurate even in stock. But I hope that in a future update, that we who are on the console version, eventually can enjoy these mod tracks as well. Overall I rate Assetto Corsa much better than PCars 1 when we talk cars physics, how they behave on the track, and how they are setup:). By the way, I use a DS4 controller. I still play GT6, enjoying created tracks, and I'm spending a lot time making real life replica tunes in GT6:D:tup:
Oh, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. Sadly, I don't believe console players will ever be able to install 3rd party mods. That's what I've heard from the developers. Maybe some day...like, Assetto Corsa II - if they decide to make a second Assetto Corsa. However, the mods would have to go through such a strict certification process, I doubt any modders would even bother. I know, that really stinks. I wish you guys could use the mods too. There are a lot of junky mods, but there are a lot of top quality mods too. When I bought AC I was so impressed with the way driving felt - the force feedback felt awesome through my wheel - and even more impressed by the physics of the game, I never loaded GT6 again. I have played it 2 or 3 times on my friends PS3 though. I'm much happier with AC. I think I made a good choice for what I'm personally looking for. :cheers:

In other modding news -- I just lost about a week of progress on my Diablo SV. :banghead: It's my fault for not establishing a foolproof system here. I have a folder with the car let's say from 2 days ago. If I want to do more work on it today, I make a copy of that folder and work on the car in the new copy, that way if I totally mess up or whatever, I can go back to the other folder and start over.

Obviously, I have to test these changes in Assetto Corsa so I'll copy the new folder I'm working on into AC and go drive the car for a while. So, I usually delete the folder that is in my AC > Cars folder and then copy the new working folder into AC > Cars and go drive. If I'm happy, that folder I was working on becomes my new "safe backup folder". Yup, I copied the wrong folder into AC, deleted the freakin' folder I was working on and made a new backup of the folder from a week ago. :grumpy:

I should be documenting my changes too -- I usually try to leave comments in the files explaining why I changed something...I can always go back and delete those comments to clean it all up once I consider the car finished. Ugh...I am so stupid. :banghead:

Just a word of caution for people who aren't exactly familiar with how tires work in Assetto Corsa...

Tire width, tire radius & rim radius are all defined in the tyres.ini file. If you wanted to try these on your Ferrari F40, for instance, they'll work just fine...however, you'll be driving on tires severely smaller than the tires that come with the F40. The tire width of the 90s Street Tires, for example, are Front: 195mm Rear: 195mm and the tires that actually come on a Ferrari F40 are Front: 245mm Rear: 335mm. As you can see, there will be considerably less rubber on the pavement in this case. There are many different tires to choose from in this Tire Pack, but there are several different sizes hard coded like in the example I just listed.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from trying these tires if they so wish, just be aware that the odds of the tires being the correct size for the vehicle you are putting them on is extremely slim. You won't be able to tell graphically because cars are only modelled with tires matching their real life sizes.

Just so you know @ALB123, tire width in .ini is only for visual tire streaks on the pavement. It actually has nothing to do with how the tire works. AC uses other parameters in the file to compute a tire patch width. Only difference would be ride heights and speeds because of different diameters.

Just so you know @ALB123, tire width in .ini is only for visual tire streaks on the pavement. It actually has nothing to do with how the tire works. AC uses other parameters in the file to compute a tire patch width. Only difference would be ride heights and speeds because of different diameters.
Seriously? I was told by two different modders that the WIDTH= parameter was used for the width of the contact patch with the ground at rest...because in motion you've got that flex and stuff that influences calculations. What the heck parameter deals with the physical width of the tires then? I'm shocked. Thanks for letting me know...

Oh yeah...I was told to always keep the WIDTH=, RADIUS= & RIM_RADIUS= the same if changing tire types too... I need to go back and check my e-mail. Maybe I misinterpreted what they said...

@Brindle Ugh...It seems that I somehow lost track of what I was told. In my correspondence it does mention what you said to me about visual tire width as far as skid marks & burnouts, etc...

Perhaps you can share your opinion on what I've told others to do. #1 Get a Kunos car that matches as closely as possible the car you're "modding" in terms of size, weight, load & tire size. #2 Copy that tire info completely -- #3 any further editing you best know what you're editing, like load sensitivity, FZ0, Flex Gain, etc...

Can anyone help me with the RSRlive timer mod?

I installed it. It shows up under my UI/profile options in the main menu, I ticked the box, went to race and it doesnt show up when i go to the right hand side to choose which app to show up?

Same as Helio mod...

every other mod shows up perfectly...help?

Can anyone help me with the RSRlive timer mod?

I installed it. It shows up under my UI/profile options in the main menu, I ticked the box, went to race and it doesnt show up when i go to the right hand side to choose which app to show up?

Same as Helio mod...

every other mod shows up perfectly...help?
In the options menu on the main page there is a place you need to check off for it to appear in the in game menu.

@Brindle Ugh...It seems that I somehow lost track of what I was told. In my correspondence it does mention what you said to me about visual tire width as far as skid marks & burnouts, etc...

Perhaps you can share your opinion on what I've told others to do. #1 Get a Kunos car that matches as closely as possible the car you're "modding" in terms of size, weight, load & tire size. #2 Copy that tire info completely -- #3 any further editing you best know what you're editing, like load sensitivity, FZ0, Flex Gain, etc...

I'm not 100% positive I'm correct either, but I have seen it said by a few of the brilliant physics modders. I found a post last night on the official forums by lord kunos explaining semislicks and mention using all tire dimension properly. To me looking at the .ini it seems that grip and tire movement (flex/deformations) are determined by primarily other parameters other than actual size. For example, A street tire has an average dx/dy reference of about 1.1. A slick tire averages closer to 1.8. If you took a street tire and changed only the dx/dy reference to 1.8ish, I'm sure the tire would feel fine, not perfect but fine on another race car with different tire dimensions.

In short, I don't get too hung up on exact tire dimensions. I concentrate on the other parameters, specifically load related with the v10 model.

I'm not 100% positive I'm correct either, but I have seen it said by a few of the brilliant physics modders. I found a post last night on the official forums by lord kunos explaining semislicks and mention using all tire dimension properly. To me looking at the .ini it seems that grip and tire movement (flex/deformations) are determined by primarily other parameters other than actual size. For example, A street tire has an average dx/dy reference of about 1.1. A slick tire averages closer to 1.8. If you took a street tire and changed only the dx/dy reference to 1.8ish, I'm sure the tire would feel fine, not perfect but fine on another race car with different tire dimensions.

In short, I don't get too hung up on exact tire dimensions. I concentrate on the other parameters, specifically load related with the v10 model.
No no no...You were 100% correct. WIDTH= is specifically for the markings on pavement or wherever else tire marks can be left in AC. For some reason, when trying to learn how these blasted things work I allowed the words "WIDTH= is a visual value of the markings width" to become "WIDTH= is data matching the visual tires of the car used for calculating tire properties..." A very foolish mistake to make and I can only attribute it to my head absolutely spinning when trying to learn how these darn things work! Well, that or undiagnosed brain damage. Nonetheless, I appreciate you correcting me - otherwise I'd still be thinking WIDTH= is something it's not and more importantly, I just told another Assetto Corsa user the wrong definition of WIDTH= so I'm glad I was able to correct the issue with him before it became burned in his mind incorrectly the way it did mine. 👍

I spent a lot of time today going over the descriptions for the other parameters and I guess I can see how it (Tire Width in millimeters) doesn't necessarily need to be defined in order to calculate the overall behavior of the tire. Unfortunately, some of those equations are enough to make my head explode. :boggled: I've been out of school for so long, math doesn't come as easy as it once did when I was in college.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back