Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,022 comments
I am familiar with creating AI line, yes it would take the time to do a long track like Isle of Man, but the real issue I see is that you do not have 2 define lanes, like they have done in SP 237. Just having one lane with AI driving in both direction on it will not allow for the cars to stick to proper side of the road, potentially creating a lot heads on collision. That is why SP 237 is so brilliant.
When you drive on the wrong (Incoming) lane on SP 237, you get the wrong way sign, because you are suddenly driving the wrong way. Without that, I do not see it working. the track has to be adapted that way.
Thinking about it, Iles of man, could work, but you would only be able to race half of the AI field, a point to point is maybe better as you need to be able to go up and down, with a buckle at both ends to make it work.

Yes, in that case that track would probably need to be created with that in mind, with some kind of invisible boundary between the two lanes. My thinking was if you made an AI line of them sticking in one lane then the other lane would be free for on-coming traffic, but chances are the fast_lane isn't hard and fast so some AI will drift towards the center which could cause some collisions.

The Autobahn track has a great AI system that allows cars to be like traffic cars. They also only stay in the right lane and pass on the left.

The Autobahn track has a great AI system that allows cars to be like traffic cars. They also only stay in the right lane and pass on the left.

That track looks incredibly boring though, very little steering input needed and no scenery. (Not that I could do any better).

@ALB123 - here you go.

https://mega.nz/#!8klkSIIR!XpShmHlI-zYhzduP5cDtTlyCaBwwuOZet--SeTd3LyA

Ferrari F40 Competizione.jpg

@OooAhh Cantona Thanks for the link. That's actually the same one that I have been using. It is the ONLY F40 Competizione out there that won't make you slit your wrists. Drives very nicely.

@Cote Dazur Thank you for reminding me to go drive SP237 Coste with the AI turned on. I've been reading several different people who've commented on how fun it is, but then I always forget to go do it. I have faith that someone is going to figure out how to make it a near flawless experience. The modding community never ceases to amaze me.

I would think that as long as the track has a turn around spot, like at the top of The Tajo Hillclimb, it should be fine for the AI cars and by extension us, to drive back down the track. As long as there are two turn around spots - one at each end - theoretically this should be able to go on forever and ever, right? Just because we are making the AI lines very close together is technically no different than any other track. It's a long skinny loop in the case of making two way traffic.

@OooAhh Cantona Thanks for the link. That's actually the same one that I have been using. It is the ONLY F40 Competizione out there that won't make you slit your wrists. Drives very nicely.

@Cote Dazur Thank you for reminding me to go drive SP237 Coste with the AI turned on. I've been reading several different people who've commented on how fun it is, but then I always forget to go do it. I have faith that someone is going to figure out how to make it a near flawless experience. The modding community never ceases to amaze me.

I would think that as long as the track has a turn around spot, like at the top of The Tajo Hillclimb, it should be fine for the AI cars and by extension us, to drive back down the track. As long as there are two turn around spots - one at each end - theoretically this should be able to go on forever and ever, right? Just because we are making the AI lines very close together is technically no different than any other track. It's a long skinny loop in the case of making two way traffic.

I believe the difference is that with SP 237, the AI knows to stay in their respective lane. I have created a lot of AI.lane in the past, they still are available on racedepartment, I cannot see it working without having each lane as a different track.
I hope someone will prove me wrong, plus on SP 237 half of the AI starts from the other end of the track, something different is going on there and I would love to have it on other road, Tajo hill climb would be one of them, I love that particular one.

Last edited:
Sorry guys...It looks like there were some issues with the Ford Focus RS Superpack.

The author jumped right on it and provided fixes.
-A 3d issue in stock and S1 versions.
-A Texture issue on stock and S1 versions.
-The digital dashboard is 100% funtional now, with rpm leds and rpm indicator in lcd. Flashlight in dash when car is in the pit line.
-Added advanced setup for suspensions in TA versions.
-Small details in all cars.

New Link:
https://mega.nz/#!dpERlbpb!em7bx4Xd9iQ0-ygQUgGAxWb3-4LSjWTHUHhDEGRGsxc
The link no longer works.

This link for the most recent Ford Focus RS Superpack was updated 3 hours ago by Beto Fernandez. The original author.

https://mega.nz/#!skclDS6a!KaSnPxQabOuiRWfMqvGgvdDOnBfQTIdzLNNLCdulIkU

I should try this out.. Hm.
YES! Yes you should. 👍 I can't remember if it was this one or one of the many other F40 Competizone's I've tried before...but if the car feels like a dog when you first start off, just hit 0 (zero) to put Turbo to 100%. For some reason, one of the F40 Competizione cars I tried defaulted to 10%. :confused: :banghead:

Ugh...I finally got around to trying the Alternative layout for SP237 Coste. I picked a Lotus Exige S for myself. I added 14 AI drivers. I put in BMW 1M, Toyota GT86, Honda Integra, Honda S2000, BMW M30, Abarth 500 AC and so on...cars around those performance levels.

I chose the Race tab in Content Manager... In the Go! button there was a orange triangle and ! warning me "Most likely, track won't work with selected mode". I hit Go! anyway and I was able to start my race just fine. I was all alone at the bottom of the hill and I expected my artificial friends to be at the top of the hill heading my way. I passed by a couple of cars and then I saw a driver's name appear "Retired". 10 more seconds and another driver "retired". This went on and on - I had only completed one lap, and you know how you turn around where the Pits are. Every AI driver except 3 or 4 from the original 14 had retired by that point. I started driving back up the hill and then I saw another driver retire, so I just hit "Back To the Pits" and figured I'd ask you guys about this...

First, did you guys @Cote Dazur or @BrandonW77 or anyone else who has run this route with AI traffic - did you have the warning symbol in the GO! button in Content Manager? How many laps were you able to do? Surely more than one! If you could, load up your settings as if you were about to go out on the track...Then hit the Share button (next to Go!) follow the next 2 screens and it will upload that preset to @x4fab's server. It will then put a URL in your clipboard. If you paste it here I can download your preset and try it with your settings..see if I have better luck.

BTW, how cool is that share feature? 🤬 x4fab thinks of everything!

Ugh...I finally got around to trying the Alternative layout for SP237 Coste. I picked a Lotus Exige S for myself. I added 14 AI drivers. I put in BMW 1M, Toyota GT86, Honda Integra, Honda S2000, BMW M30, Abarth 500 AC and so on...cars around those performance levels.

I chose the Race tab in Content Manager... In the Go! button there was a orange triangle and ! warning me "Most likely, track won't work with selected mode". I hit Go! anyway and I was able to start my race just fine. I was all alone at the bottom of the hill and I expected my artificial friends to be at the top of the hill heading my way. I passed by a couple of cars and then I saw a driver's name appear "Retired". 10 more seconds and another driver "retired". This went on and on - I had only completed one lap, and you know how you turn around where the Pits are. Every AI driver except 3 or 4 from the original 14 had retired by that point. I started driving back up the hill and then I saw another driver retire, so I just hit "Back To the Pits" and figured I'd ask you guys about this...

First, did you guys @Cote Dazur or @BrandonW77 or anyone else who has run this route with AI traffic - did you have the warning symbol in the GO! button in Content Manager? How many laps were you able to do? Surely more than one! If you could, load up your settings as if you were about to go out on the track...Then hit the Share button (next to Go!) follow the next 2 screens and it will upload that preset to @x4fab's server. It will then put a URL in your clipboard. If you paste it here I can download your preset and try it with your settings..see if I have better luck.

BTW, how cool is that share feature? 🤬 x4fab thinks of everything!

Yes, I had the warning too but it loaded up fine. I also saw some cars retiring but I only did two "laps" and didn't pay attention to how many retired. If most/all of them retire after a couple laps that would kind of defeat the experience. I would think this would be more a problem with the track than with Content Manager though.

@ALB123 from what I read in your post, all you need to do is to put yourself in the middle of the grid. The cars before you will start at the same place than you and the other will start from somewhere else on the road. Set a gap of 10% for AI strength and start with lower value AI strength.
I have been able to do more than 10 laps rotation.

@ALB123 from what I read in your post, all you need to do is to put yourself in the middle of the grid. The cars before you will start at the same place than you and the other will start from somewhere else on the road. Set a gap of 10% for AI strength and start with lower value AI strength.
I have been able to do more than 10 laps rotation.

And that prevents all the AI cars from retiring? I think that's the main issue he was raising, not that he was starting alone at the bottom of the hill.

And that prevents all the AI cars from retiring? I think that's the main issue he was raising, not that he was starting alone at the bottom of the hill.

Yes, there is only so many AI that can start from the different starting line that are scattered along the raad, if you do not use the alternate version and have all AI start from the beginning of the track you will not have the excessive retirement issue.

Yes, there is only so many AI that can start from the different starting line that are scattered along the raad, if you do not use the alternate version and have all AI start from the beginning of the track you will not have the excessive retirement issue.

I tried one of the non-alternative layouts last night and the cars would not stay in their lane, came around a bend and they were three-wide coming right at me at full racing speed which resulted in a fiery crash with many deaths. How do we get them to stay in their lane on the non-alternative layouts?

I tried one of the non-alternative layouts last night and the cars would not stay in their lane, came around a bend and they were three-wide coming right at me at full racing speed which resulted in a fiery crash with many deaths. How do we get them to stay in their lane on the non-alternative layouts?

I don't know that there is a difference between the 2 beside the scattered starting line. What kind of car and what is the AI settings? Or is it that the AI.lane need to be redonne because off the update. I have not downloaded the update yet, I am travelling.

I don't know that there is a difference between the 2 beside the scattered starting line. What kind of car and what is the AI settings? Or is it that the AI.lane need to be redonne because off the update. I have not downloaded the update yet, I am travelling.

I drove an Aventador and a MP4dash12c, the AI were driving a mix of slowish street cars and I had them set to a range of 70-80%, full grid. I forget which layout I tried that had the AI racing each other, it was one of the first two options, had to quite after a minute or two because I was crashing into oncoming AI every other corner. Then I tried the layout that had "Alternative AI" at the end of the name and that's the one where they would stay in their lane and drive slowly so I just kinda presumed that was the only layout that had traffic AI.

@BrandonW77 when I tried it, the only difference I noticed was that either all the cars started from the same spot, I had cars in front and behind me or when using the alternate I had no car behind me and incoming traffic started faster.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back