Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,061 comments
I downloaded the fonsecker sound mod but a couple of the Porsche sounds don't work. If I delete the broken sound files and use the steam cache integrity thingy will it get rid of the other sound mods too?

Wiz
Yes it would.

That's what I figured. However, if I have a car with 3 available tire selections and I placed modded tires into tire selection #3 only, then will I still get banned if I go online using tires for #1 and #2 only?.....................:confused:

That's what I figured. However, if I have a car with 3 available tire selections and I placed modded tires into tire selection #3 only, then will I still get banned if I go online using tires for #1 and #2 only?.....................:confused:

I'm pretty sure that yes, this would also get you banned. RSR has a pretty robust anti-cheat system. It compares your files to default files and if it finds any discrepancies, you'll be banned.

All 3 tire compounds are packed into the data .acd file (the most important file that RSR looks at). So even if you only changed one compound, the .acd file would be different from default.

If you want to do these things, I'd suggest turning off RSR while you're doing them.

It's here :cool:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ford-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca.14885/

daniel-russo-screenshot-a3dr-boss302-laguna-seca-riverside-1-4-117-10-53-3.jpg

Hey there ALB! Do you know if changing out tires will get you banned from RSR Live Timing? I haven't really been paying attention to which files get overwritten.......:guilty:. On another note, I have been testing tire replacement of GT3 AI cars with various tires in order to achieve a Balance of Power for each car such that all GT3's (kunos and mods) run almost identical laptimes at Road Amarica (my favorite track...:lol:). This makes for the tighest fields and closest AI racing by far compared to running assigned and default AI tire compounds. This includes putting various Ferrari F138 tires on the AI GT3's which makes for higher AI corner speeds and less abrupt braking ........both characteristics which have plagued the quality of offline AC racing IMO . Again, thanks for all of your help, cheers!
Wiz is correct. It's similar to a checksum on the file and if one byte is different you're busted. The sim racing police come and arrest you. Don't worry, it's just virtual jail. :D

No, seriously...what you can do is this... Go into your car folder, find the car you want to "mod", right-click copy & right-click paste (on the entire main folder). you'll now have two exact copies of that car, but with slightly different folder names. Go make your changes and have fun... but, when you need to do RSR events or online against people you'll have to go rename the folder you modded and put the COPY folder back to its original name. Or, if you're comfortable, you just have to do this with the data.acd file in your cars folder. As Wiz pointed out...that's the only thing that matters really. Everything else is pretty much visual stuff.

Mmm can't wait to try that 'Stang. 👍

Jesus Christ! Look at this new tool x4fab is working on for us... It's a tire creator tool, if you need unique size tires. This early, alpha build, so only adjust the WIDTH, RADIUS, PROFILE -- then hit calculate and watch the tyres.ini be created right before your eyes.

http://acstuff.ru/u/neural-tyres/

In our PM x4fab told me of a few goodies coming down the road for CM....should be really, really, really nice. :D Oh yeah, and you can render 15360×8640 screenshots from CM Showroom now. :eek: He said that the new version should be pushed to us tomorrow, unless you are already enabled to run beta/untested versions that is.

https://yadi.sk/i/EGQ7K3173GocaT

Wiz
I'm pretty sure that yes, this would also get you banned. RSR has a pretty robust anti-cheat system. It compares your files to default files and if it finds any discrepancies, you'll be banned.

All 3 tire compounds are packed into the data .acd file (the most important file that RSR looks at). So even if you only changed one compound, the .acd file would be different from default.

If you want to do these things, I'd suggest turning off RSR while you're doing them.

Thanks, looks like managing (2) data.acd files might be the most efficient way to execute this ........:cheers:

So, for tomorrows video review I decided to get my first bit of actual payware for AC. The RSS Formula Hybrid 2017. It's... pretty amazing actually. What I had to do though was take an F2002 out immediately afterwards to compare the laptimes one after another. 12 Laps in the 2017 car got me a 1:33.5xx. Three in the F2002 and I was at a 1:32.9xx

Not too bad I will admit, and I was not taking either car to absolute 100%, but what I liked is how both cars handled differently but I could get a similar laptime on both. For reference, the 2016 F1 car and 2015 F1 cars I was WAY behind those times. Well, around 4s...

Review coming tomorrow!

So, for tomorrows video review I decided to get my first bit of actual payware for AC. The RSS Formula Hybrid 2017. It's... pretty amazing actually. What I had to do though was take an F2002 out immediately afterwards to compare the laptimes one after another. 12 Laps in the 2017 car got me a 1:33.5xx. Three in the F2002 and I was at a 1:32.9xx

Not too bad I will admit, and I was not taking either car to absolute 100%, but what I liked is how both cars handled differently but I could get a similar laptime on both. For reference, the 2016 F1 car and 2015 F1 cars I was WAY behind those times. Well, around 4s...

Review coming tomorrow!

I got to try v1.0 with no commitment earlier in the month (internet :sly:), and since then I've gone and acquired v2.0 properly for myself, I don't regret it either, each generation of F1 has their merits.
I do find it interesting that you're finding similarites with laptimes though, I'll have to give that a look myself, though I wouldn't be surprised to find the drag of the new, higher downforce cars, along with larger contact patches being a big influence in laptimes.

What track did you test at?, also, RD has some fantastic skins that might interest you.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jaguar-f1-team-r17-formula-hybrid.14816/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/aston-martin-f1-formula-hybrid-sean-bull-design.14798/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sean-bull-design-peugeot-sport-concept-formula-hybrid.14769/

I got to try v1.0 with no commitment earlier in the month (internet :sly:), and since then I've gone and acquired v2.0 properly for myself, I don't regret it either, each generation of F1 has their merits.
I do find it interesting that you're finding similarites with laptimes though, I'll have to give that a look myself, though I wouldn't be surprised to find the drag of the new, higher downforce cars, along with larger contact patches being a big influence in laptimes.

What track did you test at?, also, RD has some fantastic skins that might interest you.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jaguar-f1-team-r17-formula-hybrid.14816/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/aston-martin-f1-formula-hybrid-sean-bull-design.14798/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sean-bull-design-peugeot-sport-concept-formula-hybrid.14769/

Already got them! But to review fairly I have not used them to judge the mod with what it has available.

And well the 2002 Ferrari was meant to be pretty much the fastest F1 car ever, so I needed to really give that test. I did it at Silverstone (all my F1 tests are at Silverstone). I think if I gave it one full qualifying lap, I would have the 2017 car down to a 1:32 flat I think. But I think the 2002 car would be a little quicker still. Faster than the 2016, 2015, 2014 cars. And even the 2009 car (last I tested that I set a 1:34 with that)

Already got them! But to review fairly I have not used them to judge the mod with what it has available.

And well the 2002 Ferrari was meant to be pretty much the fastest F1 car ever, so I needed to really give that test. I did it at Silverstone (all my F1 tests are at Silverstone). I think if I gave it one full qualifying lap, I would have the 2017 car down to a 1:32 flat I think. But I think the 2002 car would be a little quicker still. Faster than the 2016, 2015, 2014 cars. And even the 2009 car (last I tested that I set a 1:34 with that)

Interesting, I checked out the SF-15T and FW37 at Spa earlier, then went back with the 2017 Hybrid and found it notably 4-5 seconds faster than the 2015 cars available (both being 'in my hands' laptimes), which falls in-line with the projected estimates they were making late last year.
It's been awhile since I've driven the F2002, I'll have to give that a go and see where it falls in the bunch.

Interesting, I checked out the SF-15T and FW37 at Spa earlier, then went back with the 2017 Hybrid and found it notably 4-5 seconds faster than the 2015 cars available (both being 'in my hands' laptimes), which falls in-line with the projected estimates they were making late last year.
It's been awhile since I've driven the F2002, I'll have to give that a go and see where it falls in the bunch.

Similar findings here. You should find the F2002 the quickest of the lot

Review coming tomorrow!

Ah yes, the RSS is a beautiful car!

Is there a good dash mod app, like a motec style? Found one on RD but it doesn't seem to be supported anymore:(

Thanks

I've been using Sidekick lately and it's fantastic. It's not a motec style dash but it's slim, sleek, and has all the important information including ideal tire pressures (which is very nice). Here's what it looks like, and you can scale it to whatever size you want and each box has a few options of what it can display.

Animation.gif

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sidekick.11007/

I've been using Sidekick lately and it's fantastic. It's not a motec style dash but it's slim, sleek, and has all the important information including ideal tire pressures (which is very nice). Here's what it looks like, and you can scale it to whatever size you want and each box has a few options of what it can display.

Animation.gif

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sidekick.11007/

Looks pretty good, I will give that a shot my friend.

Bit of a side note, do/can apps affect your fps?

Looks pretty good, I will give that a shot my friend.

Bit of a side note, do/can apps affect your fps?

I think some can have a slight affect but if you have a fairly decent system it's usually not an issue. That's one of the great things about Sidekick, it pretty much replaces all the other essential apps so you don't need as many on your screen.

I remember reading helicorsa is CPU intensive when you're near other cars which could impact your fps.

I've never noticed any drops with it (probably wouldn't on my system), but as long as it didn't drop below 60 it's worth it to have Helicorsa IMO.

I bet that given the choice, Fernando Alonso would take that over his current car :lol::lol:

Just gave it a go and it's all over the place, pretty much to the point where it's undriveable and downright infuriating on bigger tracks. All it wants to do is swap ends at the hint of a turn and it's hard to catch. So yeah, it's a huge upgrade from the McLaren/Honda cars :)

Just gave it a go and it's all over the place, pretty much to the point where it's undriveable and downright infuriating on bigger tracks. All it wants to do is swap ends at the hint of a turn and it's hard to catch. So yeah, it's a huge upgrade from the McLaren/Honda cars :)

Well, it probably has a reliable GP2 engine in it :lol:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back