Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,092 comments
The Honda S800 RSC is a joy to drive, it's a shame that the steering is too light. Any way to fix that?
If you know how to crack open the data file to the car you can go into car.ini and edit this section:
Code:
[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.625
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=630
STEER_RATIO=17.5
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00186
In this case I would recommend increasing the FFMULT to 2.000 and see how that feels.

tried the Reboot Sebring found elsewhere, wow that is one bumpy track....
YES!!! :grumpy:

I emailed the dude in charge of the project about that very track & issue. Actually, it was Sebring & Monaco. I was using the 911 GT3 R on both tracks. His response was something along the line as: Thanks...We're still working on Sebring and all the tracks, but Monaco 1966 is only bumpy because I'm driving a modern, stiff car. There is no need to adjust.

To each their own. In all fairness, I took an older car out for a run on Monaco 1966 and I'll admit it felt better than the Porsche 911 GT3 R. A lot better. There is also a Sebring project going on over at Race Department if you'd like to compare quality. I find Sebring to be one of the most difficult tracks to drive solely because I can't tell what's track, where are the white lines, etc. half the time I'm running laps.

I tried it with the Toyota LMP car, and it was borderline undriveable with my setup. I lifted the car a lot and soften the spring and damper a lot and it is sorta driveable. I mean I know the real track is bumpy but it feels insane right now...

If you know how to crack open the data file to the car you can go into car.ini and edit this section:
Code:
[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.625
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=630
STEER_RATIO=17.5
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00186
In this case I would recommend increasing the FFMULT to 2.000 and see how that feels.

Don't do this if you ever plan to drive the car online though. Doing so will cause a mismatch.

Wiz
I haven't driven on this one yet. Do you think it's good enough for FNF?

Um, probably. I think there are some visual inaccuracies, to the point I kinda forgot where I was on the track a couple times because it didn't look familiar, but the track surface is the best feeling of any of the Sebring mods (still not perfect, but all the others are pretty bad). It just got an update last week, I haven't tried it out yet.

The last week update on Sebring brings a big improvement, from not so good to much better, still a lot of work to do.:sly:
The best way to adjust car FFB individually is using the Kunos app, to access it, click on the wheel icon on the ingame menu that appear to the right when we hoover the mouse.

Wiz
You can set the FFB strength for cars individually. Just hit the + or - button on your keyboard (the ones by the number pad)

Uh, I didn't know that, thanks for the help, much appreciated!

@ALB123 and @Wiz, I don't plan to race online on the near future, so that's not a big concern.

The best way to adjust car FFB individually is using the Kunos app, to access it, click on the wheel icon on the ingame menu that appear to the right when we hoover the mouse.

I'l try that. Thanks for the hint.

I just use the + and - keys on the keypad, does the same thing but I can easily reach over and adjust it while driving. I sometimes turn it up a few clicks during a race to counteract the lightness that comes from fuel depletion.

There's also the FFB Clip app which will set each car automatically. It works well but I don't use it because on the CSW V2 it's usually too heavy even on the Light setting.

There's also the FFB Clip app which will set each car automatically. It works well but I don't use it because on the CSW V2 it's usually too heavy even on the Light setting.
This is probably the absolute worst thing to do, but I've been running with the FFB Clip app running on AUTO all the time. Even if I ran 20 laps and left the track. When I come back it will re-load the last FFB settings, but I'll let it recalculate the same car/track combo over and over and over again.

Aristotelis recently said something like, "Go run some laps with a car and adjust the FFB until you're happy with it. Then leave the FFB setting alone, for that car/track combo." I am totally doing the opposite. No wonder I can't drive worth a damn. :boggled:

I just use the + and - keys on the keypad, does the same thing but I can easily reach over and adjust it while driving. I sometimes turn it up a few clicks during a race to counteract the lightness that comes from fuel depletion.

Thank you for this, I did not realized that the + and - on the numeric keypad was doing the same. Very nice feature.

I mean I have no real idea how to setup a car for that, just seems like on the reboot version the car basically had very little chance of staying planted anywhere....
I'd have to try the Reboot Sebring again, but I 100% can say that I absolutely, positively can not drive on the Reboot Monaco. That's not much a problem...I don't like Monaco at all.

d'oh! I forgot to try out that new Laguna Seca track. If I'm not mistaken, someone took over the source from aspec787's version.

The bumps are pretty much gone on the frnt stretch..........:eek:
I drove it this morning with a Ferrari Testarossa and I was so pleased with how it felt. I still need to take a stiff race car there, but I have a feeling it's going to be much, much better than before.

I haven't tried the update to Laguna Seca yet. Anyone? Comments?

There is some company AC Modded who is working on the Williams FW21. It's going to be a pay mod, but I got the most recent Beta version from them. You can check it out here: http://www.acmodded.com/williams_fw21/

You can download it here: Google Drive

qvuRahM.png

Random question, anyway you can make the AI cars run with the headlights on? Running the night courses that got loaded on RD and seeing all the AI cars running without lights(even if it doesn't really do anything) just looks weird...

Random question, anyway you can make the AI cars run with the headlights on? Running the night courses that got loaded on RD and seeing all the AI cars running without lights(even if it doesn't really do anything) just looks weird...

I know that I can make the AI headlights turn on with the standard weathers........... if I run with "heavy clouds" and at 18:00 hours. The AI lights show up as on........... 👍

Unfortunately, I can't help you. Sorry. Perhaps there is a setup file with a setting somewhere, but I'm unaware of it. Let me know if you come across an answer.

:eek: WOW :eek:....have any of you been using the "Real Head Motion 1.0.2" APP found over in the Offical AC Forums? I learned about it through the provided links within the Content Manager APP. Holy Crap, I feel like a kid at the candy store........👍. I think I'll name the RHM 1.0.2 the "Poor Mans VR" solution.............:cheers:

:eek: WOW :eek:....have any of you been using the "Real Head Motion 1.0.2" APP found over in the Offical AC Forums? I learned about it through the provided links within the Content Manager APP. Holy Crap, I feel like a kid at the candy store........👍. I think I'll name the RHM 1.0.2 the "Poor Mans VR" solution.............:cheers:

I tried it once and uninstalled it not long after. Couldn't get all my wheel buttons to work and had to remap them every time I turned on the PC, and IIRC it's not possible to map buttons for look back/left/right which is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

I tried it once and uninstalled it not long after. Couldn't get all my wheel buttons to work and had to remap them every time I turned on the PC, and IIRC it's not possible to map buttons for look back/left/right which is pretty much a deal breaker for me.
Yes, saw that the "look views" are goofed up, but sounds like there's a work around :confused:.....I rarely use look views (which maybe explains my failures on iRacing :dunce:) but damn.......it really works for the way I have been driving to this point. 👍

I know that I can make the AI headlights turn on with the standard weathers........... if I run with "heavy clouds" and at 18:00 hours. The AI lights show up as on........... 👍

Interesting, let me play with time of day....for those night tracks though I have to set the weather to night I think?

Poor man VR? RHM is nothing like VR! You got to try VR, it will rock your world.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back