Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,184 comments
Smallblock Hero and Bazza proudly present the historic revival of classic GT racing for Assetto Corsa

19149008_312595325863289_3537135167789194041_n.jpg

Carlist:
1975 BMW CSL 3.5 IMSA
1967 Chevrolet Corvette DX Sunray
1969 Chevrolet Corvette
1972 De Tomaso Pantera
1973 Ferrari 365GTB/4 Daytona
1974 Ford Capri RS3100
1970 Nissan Skyline GTR
1966 Porsche 906
1974 Porsche 911 RSR
1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe
Mod Link

Have you tried any of these yet, @Cote Dazur? I've driven four of them so far and I've been very impressed. The sounds are awesome, in my opinion. I think they did a really good job at balancing the cars with each other. It won't surprise me if there is one or two that are a couple of seconds faster per lap, but with Ballast or Restrictors settings that point will be moot.

Have you tried any of these yet, @Cote Dazur? I've driven four of them so far and I've been very impressed. The sounds are awesome, in my opinion. I think they did a really good job at balancing the cars with each other. It won't surprise me if there is one or two that are a couple of seconds faster per lap, but with Ballast or Restrictors settings that point will be moot.

Yes I have, they drive well, they are much improved both graphically and physically over the original ac legend mod, I usually drive with a big delta for the AI in CM, so I don't know how well they are balanced or not. Neither is it important to me, I prefer a field with different performance like it is online. If I want a balance field, I drive a one make car series, like Porsche cup or the like.
To be honest I mostly drove the Beemer, and totally enjoyed it.

Yes I have, they drive well, they are much improved both graphically and physically over the original ac legend mod, I usually drive with a big delta for the AI in CM, so I don't know how well they are balanced or not. Neither is it important to me, I prefer a field with different performance like it is online. If I want a balance field, I drive a one make car series, like Porsche cup or the like.
To be honest I mostly drove the Beemer, and totally enjoyed it.
The BMW has probably been my favorite so far.

Just downloaded Car Tuner or Racedept and WOW I am in love. I had no idea this existed, it really adds another level to this great game. Imho, Content Manager and Car Tuner are two must haves if you are on PC.

Side note, the Tatuus with 75% more torque sure is a LOT more fun!

Just downloaded Car Tuner or Racedept and WOW I am in love. I had no idea this existed, it really adds another level to this great game. Imho, Content Manager and Car Tuner are two must haves if you are on PC.

Side note, the Tatuus with 75% more torque sure is a LOT more fun!
I'm such a wuss. I'll drive the little boy's Tatuus from time to time, but I keep his big scary brother locked up in the garage. :nervous:

Yeah, the Car Tuner program must be very nice for people who don't care about learning how to unpack the data file - I'm sure it's a much quicker process with Car Tuner. It won't be a problem for you when you're always racing offline against the AI or practicing on your own, but it will prevent you from being able to go online. :cheers:

I'm such a wuss. I'll drive the little boy's Tatuus from time to time, but I keep his big scary brother locked up in the garage. :nervous:

Yeah, the Car Tuner program must be very nice for people who don't care about learning how to unpack the data file - I'm sure it's a much quicker process with Car Tuner. It won't be a problem for you when you're always racing offline against the AI or practicing on your own, but it will prevent you from being able to go online. :cheers:

Lol, yeah I am a wuss when it comes to the computer black magic! I afraid to make a mess of things.

The Tatuus is fun as is but I always felt it could use a bit more power. When I tried the ASR3 mod engine in it, it had a ton more grip. Does this program effect the tires too?

Go drive that Ferrari F1 car!

Does this program effect the tires too?

Go drive that Ferrari F1 car!
I've never used that program. I do all my editing manually, so I can't give you an answer on that. It shouldn't touch the tires...that would be so stupid if it does. Are you putting a more powerful engine into the car? moar speed = moar downforce? :confused: I wish I could be a bigger help. Sorry.

You know, that could be it too.

Yes, it allows to swap engines and has a turbo option too. It's great for a guy like me with little knowledge of how to tweak this stuff.

I hope one day there is a program that will help set up the car, like a race engineer.

I hear that Ferrari calling you...

I hear that Ferrari calling you...
I'll be the guy puttering around the track, riding the white line in 4th gear with my warning/brake light flashing. As every other Ferrari zips past me I'll be shaking like a leaf praying for a blown engine so I can get out of that death machine. :D

I'll be the guy puttering around the track, riding the white line in 4th gear with my warning/brake light flashing. As every other Ferrari zips past me I'll be shaking like a leaf praying for a blown engine so I can get out of that death machine. :D

Lol! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's so funny because I try to drive non-open wheelers now and within a lap ot two I am like "Gahh, too slow!" and rage quit :scared:

Lol! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's so funny because I try to drive non-open wheelers now and within a lap ot two I am like "Gahh, too slow!" and rage quit :scared:
Oh, I bet!! I'll drive some of the older open-wheel cars. Pretty much anything before 1980 I'm cool with. After an hour or two of driving the Ferrari F312T, Lotus 72D or McLaren M25 (mod) if I jump into a relative quick sports car it feels like slow motion. :lol: :cheers:

Guys... omg you guys. You NEED to download this BMW E36 320 JUDD V8 hillclimb car as raced by Georg Plasa. This is the first time a mod car instantly brought a smile to my face the second I took it out of the pits and started going through the first couple of gears. They've gotten that glorious JUDD sound perfect here and it's just a blast to drive. This is the first modded car I'm donating to, if that makes any difference. Have you downloaded it yet? WHY HAVE YOU NOT DOWNLOADED IT YET?

Screenshot_bmw_e36_judd_paul_ricard_24-6-117-23-10-18.jpg
Screenshot_bmw_e36_judd_paul_ricard_24-6-117-23-9-28.jpg

Guys... omg you guys. You NEED to download this BMW E36 320 JUDD V8 hillclimb car as raced by Georg Plasa. This is the first time a mod car instantly brought a smile to my face the second I took it out of the pits and started going through the first couple of gears. They've gotten that glorious JUDD sound perfect here and it's just a blast to drive. This is the first modded car I'm donating to, if that makes any difference. Have you downloaded it yet? WHY HAVE YOU NOT DOWNLOADED IT YET?

View attachment 656155 View attachment 656156
Thy wish is my command. Downloaded and will try later today. Always in for some extra smiles :)

Hi
After experiencing a total failure of my computer, i had to reinstall everything and Steam aswell.
Problem, for AssettoCorsa, none of my mods have been detected since, they are in the /content folder (cars or tracks) like before but they're not in the game...
I have deleted those mods and do a "clear the car cache" in the generals options, trying to reinstall but same problem...

What can i do?

Thanks in advance...

View attachment 656155 View attachment 656156

I probably spend too much time judging cars by how real they look visually and less how they perform. :dunce:.....This one looks a bit "fakey" and "cartoonish" and the interior color is so bright it makes my eyes tired. :eek:....but its driveability does seem to suit my style...👍

I probably spend too much time judging cars by how real they look visually and less how they perform. :dunce:.....This one looks a bit "fakey" and "cartoonish" and the interior color is so bright it makes my eyes tired. :eek:....but its driveability does seem to suit my style...👍

LOL I know what you mean, but I can assure you it was a real car ;)

Here's a video of the real thing in action. It's set up as a hill climb car, so the big wings and stuff completely fit in. However for the sound, it seems they went with the BMW 134 Judd that succeeded this E36, which has more or less the exact same engine but maybe a different exhaust setup. They're bonkers, but fast 👍

Have you guys picked up on the new Race Department browser extension? It is so freakin' cool. :eek: 1-click to download and install new mods & updates. No more downloading to your HDD or SSD, unpacking and then copying over to the proper folders. This is going to be such a time saver. I love it already. :cheers: (It will also work with other places, like assetto-db.com)

Have you guys picked up on the new Race Department browser extension? It is so freakin' cool. :eek: 1-click to download and install new mods & updates. No more downloading to your HDD or SSD, unpacking and then copying over to the proper folders. This is going to be such a time saver. I love it already. :cheers: (It will also work with other places, like assetto-db.com)

Could you clarify on how this works and where to find it?

Smallblock Hero and Bazza proudly present the historic revival of classic GT racing for Assetto Corsa

19149008_312595325863289_3537135167789194041_n.jpg

Carlist:
1975 BMW CSL 3.5 IMSA
1967 Chevrolet Corvette DX Sunray
1969 Chevrolet Corvette
1972 De Tomaso Pantera
1973 Ferrari 365GTB/4 Daytona
1974 Ford Capri RS3100
1970 Nissan Skyline GTR
1966 Porsche 906
1974 Porsche 911 RSR
1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe
Mod Link

Ooooh that's exciting, I assume all the sounds now work with the more recent FMod or whatever it was that needed the old version for the earlier AC Legends sound to work?

These have been some of the most fun cars to drive for me, really enjoy them

No I have not, how does it work?

Oh man...Prepare to have your minds EXPLODED!!!!11!1! :D

1) Open Content Manager and go to Content > Content Manager > Content and fill in the section called "Downloading Content" - You'll need to provide your Race Department username & password.

2) Go install that Chrome Extension from the link Wiz provided.

3) Go to Race Department on your web browser like you usually do and click on a recent piece of Assetto Corsa content in the downloads section.

4) Do you see the new "Install Using Content Manager"? Its right underneath the box "Download This Mod".

naatYpm.png

5) Click that beyotch!

6) Watch the magic happen.

No more "downloading", if you don't want. No more un-raring or unzipping. No more copy/pasting or cut/pasting the mod into the Content > Cars folder. This does it all for you!

It's still a beta feature. I had trouble with Skins uploading but my car updates and track installations worked perfectly. I highly recommend putting a check box into the "Update to Non-Tested versions" in Content Manager > Settings > Content Manager > General. It should be the very last option. You can always disable it if you want. I've never had an issue running these new CM updates, plus I get to see some features before he puts them into the public version.

Tell me what you think about this sorcery. :lol:

Last edited:
Oh man...Prepare to have your minds EXPLODED!!!!11!1! :D

1) Open Content Manager and go to Content > Content Manager > Content and fill in the section called "Downloading Content" - You'll need to provide your Race Department username & password.

2) Go install that Chrome Extension from the link Wiz provided.

3) Go to Race Department on your web browser like you usually do and click on a recent piece of Assetto Corsa content in the downloads section.

4) Do you see the new "Install Using Content Manager"? Its right underneath the box "Download This Mod".

naatYpm.png

5) Click that beyotch!

6) Watch the magic happen.

No more "downloading", if you don't want. No more un-raring or unzipping. No more copy/pasting or cut/pasting the mod into the Content > Cars folder. This does it all for you!

It's still a beta feature. I had trouble with Skins uploading but my car updates and track installations worked perfectly. I highly recommend putting a check box into the "Update to Non-Tested versions" in Content Manager > Settings > Content Manager > General. It should be the very last option. You can always disable it if you want. I've never had an issue running these new CM updates, plus I get to see some features before he puts them into the public version.

Tell me what you think about this sorcery. :lol:

My main question is where does it house the files? Does it stick them in your AC->Contents folder like normal? As I mentioned, when I download a mod I always copy it to my external drive after installing it into the game so I have an easy access backup of everything in case of catastrophe. I suppose I could just go into the Contents folder and copy it from there, but knowing me I'd say "ah, I'll do that later" and then forget to do it and not have a backup saved.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back