Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Would anyone know of any Vision Gran Turismo cats to add to my collection?

So far I’ve got the Bugatti, Fittipaldi, Mazda, McLaren, Mercedes and Nissan, along with the Toyota and Volkswagen Gr.3

Theres a SRT Tomahawk VGT for AC, but its private only.

If only someone out there can convert the car themselves & release it to the public, then the riots will stop.

Eagle front suspension done, it sucks we dont have the ability to add in the push rod, but atleast the wishbones are there. it might get some further tweaking but its atleast in a spot where it resembles it. just without the pushrod that runs diagonally up the center, no way to add it in. even RSS cars dont have pushrods arms so its just not possible. what we are looking at are the light blue line and the red top wishbone on the right side photo. and ignore the red coil spring you see in my photo, it doesnt exist on the real car, and it wont effect the physics. its just a lame fake spring

upload_2020-1-26_3-9-29.png upload_2020-1-26_3-22-36.png the bottom wishbones are hidden under the bodywork in irl photo
upload_2020-1-26_3-28-39.png upload_2020-1-26_3-29-57.png

Eagle front suspension done, it sucks we dont have the ability to add in the push rod, but atleast the wishbones are there. it might get some further tweaking but its atleast in a spot where it resembles it. just without the pushrod that runs diagonally up the center, no way to add it in. even RSS cars dont have pushrods arms so its just not possible. what we are looking at are the light blue line and the red top wishbone on the right side photo. and ignore the red coil spring you see in my photo, it doesnt exist on the real car, and it wont effect the physics. its just a lame fake spring

View attachment 884866 View attachment 884868 the bottom wishbones are hidden under the bodywork in irl photo
View attachment 884876 View attachment 884877
just Ran a test with suspension only, i turned off the aero completely so it made 0 downforce. and suspension alone its feeling really good. Very bouncy though hahaha with the settings it has its used to having 1000's of pounds more force pressing down on it with that aero. so without it those springs just dont budge. but overall it feels really nice. i was super surprised that it worked as well as it did. it had alot of detail feeling. not just a heavy wheel or anything like that. very subtle details could be felt.

i didn't think you guys cared that much about the eagle mk3 until seeing the reaction to that post. now im over here like sweating bullets under pressure. i even grabbed my Graphing calculator just incase haha i'll make sure this thing is heavily beta tested until it gets the thumbs up. we have a direct drive wheel tester fanapryde on the job with keen senses, and Mascott (when he gets home) with the CSW wheel and high standards and Mrboo for the controller guys. so i trust its done right if they collectively approve.

Also since its more than just me working on the cars now, the cars will no longer say "reworked by mike.y" on them anymore. Gt planet as a whole has helped on many many cars over the months and a few guys i even consider team members because they are always there for me as beta testers, or do all the visual stuff and religiously help out and work just as hard as i do. So thanks to Mr Boo we have a little logo and name now. reworked by "ACPR" will be the author now, and depending on the car that could mean, literally anyone who helped directly hands on or indirectly with feedback.
View attachment 884801
(and just to be clear i still plan on only doing cars we get permission for or rly old forgotten cars. the logo is only because saying reworked by mike.y is selfish at this point with all the help i receive. i respect all the FB groups and consider all their cars off limits. If i ever make a mistake let me know and i will take a flamethrower to the link instantly and apologise)
:cheers:
Hello megolito, i have an other logo with the same colors if you want :)

ACPR.png

I stand corrected, I said earlier there is no pushrod suspension in assetto corsa. i only looked at the suspension visually of the RSS formula cars in custom showroom and chose F1 since every single F1 car runs pushrod suspensions. and when i saw no pushrod lever arm in showroom i closed it all out and said welp, it doesn't exist. so i go drive the eagle on nurburg, and its bottoming out under the massive downforce loads 100% of the ride (and i mean 100% of the time sparking) . so i stiffen that thing up beyond any car ive seen and still it just drags the body along the ground like there isn't even wheels on it... the downforce is less than an F1 car so what is going on?! well i decided to open the Data of an RSS formula car and look in the suspension myself.

and by god, pushrods exist! they are just put in there as Heave_Front and Heave_Rear with a bunch of data below that's adjustable. so i throw those new heave files into the eagle (and that is realistic, the eagle has pushrods front and back) and go out for another lap. now its just another car entirely. the wheel is super light at low speeds and it gets heavy as downforce builds up, the thing can take bumps under max aero load and just eat it. it will spark at foxhole but that's normal.
The aero is now way way more advanced and it makes exactly 5217 lbs (2366.3 Kg) @ 150 mph of downforce, with 1180 lbs. of drag (535.2 Kg). and i mean EXACTLY. ive been working 9 hours straight. and we now have an engine that can run 9.67 bar of boost quali trim. here's some photos!
upload_2020-1-26_8-52-23.png The blue line is turbo lag portion.
upload_2020-1-26_8-55-4.png

And with the Aero, i tried my best to simulate the Really advanced diffuser underbody tunnel and front wheel diffusers the car has. and then dial it all in to match those aero figures from the the DATA sheet.
so im going to bed now at 8:57am ide say the eagle is in 0.7 state now. everything is in a decent spot. now it needs refinement, and beta testing from here.

To my knowledge, some others Honda NSX SGT GT500 exist around us... but I still on the Chiva's work since he released it.;)
Good spirit, good and kind guy, (really) interested in mechanics and history, really involved in his work. :)

By the way, the picture is great (I don't write about the skin) ! 👍

EDIT
The skin is for the Chivas Art version, thanks to @PROJECTNR56 for his link. :bowdown::cheers:

Last edited:
..rcf gt3 acc, anyone tried to remove windshield lumirank through extconfig.ini? I tried hide=name of the mesh under replace model string, but it never disappears.

never mind, updated daytona skin and there's also the right name for hidden lumirank

Last edited:
Your dedication and obssession with details, and then the results, are astonishing. Congratulations for the great work!
Just hope you take some breaks during those really long modding stints.

I stand corrected, I said earlier there is no pushrod suspension in assetto corsa. i only looked at the suspension visually of the RSS formula cars in custom showroom and chose F1 since every single F1 car runs pushrod suspensions. and when i saw no pushrod lever arm in showroom i closed it all out and said welp, it doesn't exist. so i go drive the eagle on nurburg, and its bottoming out under the massive downforce loads 100% of the ride (and i mean 100% of the time sparking) . so i stiffen that thing up beyond any car ive seen and still it just drags the body along the ground like there isn't even wheels on it... the downforce is less than an F1 car so what is going on?! well i decided to open the Data of an RSS formula car and look in the suspension myself.

and by god, pushrods exist! they are just put in there as Heave_Front and Heave_Rear with a bunch of data below that's adjustable. so i throw those new heave files into the eagle (and that is realistic, the eagle has pushrods front and back) and go out for another lap. now its just another car entirely. the wheel is super light at low speeds and it gets heavy as downforce builds up, the thing can take bumps under max aero load and just eat it. it will spark at foxhole but that's normal.
The aero is now way way more advanced and it makes exactly 5217 lbs (2366.3 Kg) @ 150 mph of downforce, with 1180 lbs. of drag (535.2 Kg). and i mean EXACTLY. ive been working 9 hours straight. and we now have an engine that can run 9.67 bar of boost quali trim. here's some photos!
View attachment 884942 The blue line is turbo lag portion.
View attachment 884943
And with the Aero, i tried my best to simulate the Really advanced diffuser underbody tunnel and front wheel diffusers the car has. and then dial it all in to match those aero figures from the the DATA sheet.
so im going to bed now at 8:57am ide say the eagle is in 0.7 state now. everything is in a decent spot. now it needs refinement, and beta testing from here.

Last edited:
Go to CM and open the showroom and look for the material you want to edit (in this case "chrome"); then go to "change values"

View attachment 884742

and set ksSpecularXP to lower than 300; most of the case a value of 50 works good. Click on save and you´re fine.
View attachment 884743

Many thanks! That indeed fixed the issue. Took me a couple of trys to actually pick the correct object but now I'm able to achieve a brushed aluminum finish which is what I was looking for in addition to eliminating those distracting reflections :cheers:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back