Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,195 comments
enough for today, have a good night
gp6621.jpg

Well, this is going to be a drive-by begging letter. Actually, been following this thread for about a year now and I have to say, picked up a lot of great cars and tracks. Took me a while to figure out how to properly incorporate everything into the folders as this is my first computer sim after years of playing Forza. Filing everything away properly from this thread and Race Department created a false sense of security in my ability to make changes to the game via the file system and I have messed up my AI list. I overwrote the "NationalitiesAndNames" .json file in the "\Data\Miscellaneous" folder. Is there any easy way to recover from this? I thought I had the format down and I was adding some names but I get a list of "AI1" "AI2", etc. from Content Manager when I go into "Quick Race". Any suggestions are helpful as I haven't found anything searching the web.

I've got the Rift back working again (some dll files somehow got removed from the Sys 32 folder) but my performance has tanked by approximately a third and tracks/cars now take eons to load. All this coincided with the new CM update, Oculus update and Win 10 update so it's hard to tell what's causing it.
Anyone else?
Performance in other apps is fine, can play games at 4k/60 with settings maxed in 2D. So it's either Oculus or AC/MS/CM/CSP/Sol.
Haven't tried other VR apps yet, I'll try that to eliminate Oculus from the equation.

I haven't noticed any performance decrease with the latest CM/CSP/SOL(still on 1.5beta versions) or as a result of Windows 10 updates. There has been an endless amount of other buggy issues with crashes at the end of sessions and/or after altering settings via python apps during sessions. I really wish that Ilja would sort these types of issues before moving on to any further new features... but that ain't likely to happen.

On the strength of that, your issues may well be with the Oculus update. Good luck! After my recent interminable 'bug hunting season', I can relate to your pain.

EDIT: I just saw Xedrox's post about reinstalling CSP/SOL after I wrote my reply, so who knows? Seems different systems produce vastly different outcomes and issues.

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with the latest version of CM, version 0.8.2123.36398 (x86). Specifically, I can no longer drag a compressed file to the upper right corner to install it. As soon as I drag the file onto the CM screen the file symbol changes to a circle with a line through it and it will not drop in the install icon. Any one else having this problem?

Well, this is going to be a drive-by begging letter. Actually, been following this thread for about a year now and I have to say, picked up a lot of great cars and tracks. Took me a while to figure out how to properly incorporate everything into the folders as this is my first computer sim after years of playing Forza. Filing everything away properly from this thread and Race Department created a false sense of security in my ability to make changes to the game via the file system and I have messed up my AI list. I overwrote the "NationalitiesAndNames" .json file in the "\Data\Miscellaneous" folder. Is there any easy way to recover from this? I thought I had the format down and I was adding some names but I get a list of "AI1" "AI2", etc. from Content Manager when I go into "Quick Race". Any suggestions are helpful as I haven't found anything searching the web.
I did the same thing. Added names, took away names and I also still get AI 1, AI 2...so on.
After looking for the missing comma here and there, I couldn't figure out why after finding no delinquencies in format. Haven't touched that in a while and still need to figure that out because I want the names I want in there and to work.
Thanks @Fanapryde for the orig so I don't have to unpack a MASSIVE rar file incase I can;t get it to work. :)

EDIT: Whoever put the new json on here a short while back, does yours work? Been meaning to ask that.

It was about the 2 week time for someone to ask about the red pavement on Macau too. lol
Use the wet version.

What does it mean? What we suppose to expect?

Yeh I can't understand the algebra either. On the CSP discord mclarenf1papa seems to be saying the aim is "separate treatment of water film and depth effects, probably can do racing line." Lots of discussion about how to generate usable wet tyres for already existing content and how to make the best wet tyres for new cars that can use the physics extension features.

Ilja's patreon page also has more early infos. I've not been super impressed with rain implementation in any sim so far, but cautiously optimistic based on his latest video.

Thanks a million! Formatting issue. I thought that could be it but I didn't have a good copy of the list anymore. I'll work on getting my list corrected later. Is there a limit for the number of people listed?

I did the same thing. Added names, took away names and I also still get AI 1, AI 2...so on.
After looking for the missing comma here and there, I couldn't figure out why after finding no delinquencies in format. Haven't touched that in a while and still need to figure that out because I want the names I want in there and to work.
Thanks @Fanapryde for the orig so I don't have to unpack a MASSIVE rar file incase I can;t get it to work. :)

EDIT: Whoever put the new json on here a short while back, does yours work? Been meaning to ask that.

It was about the 2 week time for someone to ask about the red pavement on Macau too. lol
Use the wet version.

I couldn't get that list to work. That was the basis for the one I put together. I need to reformat my list but I had to put everything into alphabetical order (country first, and then driver) because I'm a little "particular" about such things.

@Fanapryde, really like the logos you've been putting up on RD for the tracks. How do you properly size those? Just curious as that's something I may attempt to find some obscure tracks.

Last edited:
Welcome to GTP. Nice to have a first post actually contributing something instead of the usual drive-by begging letters. ;)
I think Assettoland monitor this thread quite closely - a lot of our mods end up there pretty quickly, lol.
Isn't there a 'contact us' on the site too?

Just checked the front page and there's a "CONTACT" tab above the thumbnail slideshow of recently added/updated mods.

Such a good job done on this march update to Maple Valley. I'm having two issues I'm trying to track down right now and maybe other people have run into it too. All of the track layouts work for me except for Short Reverse. The game crashes when loading that track variant. Is anyone else experiencing that? When I have Sol and CSP activated I just get a generic "game crashed maybe reinstalling CSP would help" (it didn't)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-981#post-13063952

I'm having a problem with the latest version of CM, version 0.8.2123.36398 (x86). Specifically, I can no longer drag a compressed file to the upper right corner to install it. As soon as I drag the file onto the CM screen the file symbol changes to a circle with a line through it and it will not drop in the install icon. Any one else having this problem?

Here is normal, also with this version of CM

This is why I have trust issues with mod tracks in Assetto :ill:

Glad my VR headset doesn't come till tomorrow.

NCM beta

Sooooo.... Trying to cheat, cutting the corner by the grass. That is the very new penalty system for cutting, no more warnings or drive through.
New rules are launching cars, all over the air. :dopey::lol::crazy:

That did the trick, thank you!

I have made a couple tracks for Assetto Corsa, they aren't much, in fact they kind of suck, but if anyone wants a couple of tracks made by a guy that doesn't really know what he's doing, here they are.

Streets of Denver from the 1990/1991 Grand Prix of Denver - 326.8 MB

Denver Pepsi Center from the 2002-2006 Grand Prix of Denver - 225.9 MB

I've done as much as I can do with these. I built them in Race Track Builder and got the buildings and stuff from various sketchup models. There is AI but it's not very good (indycars can't make it through a lap on the street circuit but slower cars can). I originally made these tracks for myself since I grew up in Denver and really just wanted to drive on these tracks but I just figured I'd share something since I visit this thread daily and grab tons of fun stuff and got help today.

That did the trick, thank you!

I have made a couple tracks for Assetto Corsa, they aren't much, in fact they kind of suck, but if anyone wants a couple of tracks made by a guy that doesn't really know what he's doing, here they are.

Streets of Denver from the 1990/1991 Grand Prix of Denver - 326.8 MB

Denver Pepsi Center from the 2002-2006 Grand Prix of Denver - 225.9 MB

I've done as much as I can do with these. I built them in Race Track Builder and got the buildings and stuff from various sketchup models. There is AI but it's not very good (indycars can't make it through a lap on the street circuit but slower cars can). I originally made these tracks for myself since I grew up in Denver and really just wanted to drive on these tracks but I just figured I'd share something since I visit this thread daily and grab tons of fun stuff and got help today.

Thanks for sharing! I tried them out, and while they can definitely use some more work, I think they're a decent base for further improvements. Don't give up just yet. Perhaps some of the kind talented folks here could lend a helping hand

Cheers! :cheers:

.../...
@Fanapryde, really like the logos you've been putting up on RD for the tracks. How do you properly size those? Just curious as that's something I may attempt to find some obscure tracks.
Thanks.
Proper sizing ? I made them 250 x 250 pixels to get the best mix of readability and format. My first ones were 500 x 500 but that was not necessary.
Or isn't that what you meant to ask ?

I like this a lot!
Thanks mate, your shader work has come on leaps and bounds. This is unrecognisable compared to the previous version.

Thank you very much!
Always a pleasure to know that something in which we are spending so much time is appreciated out there. :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back