Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,061 comments
I'm on a single screen and only get about half the cars to load, black screen on others. I briefly looked at the folders and noticed some of the skins were huge file sizes, I think 1 skin .dds was a couple hundred mb. Not at pc so don't know exact just going off memory. Haven't investigated further yet

Hi @FireBall_959 I havent gotten that far with the mods- I have no skins added to any of the cars. I just have only the cars loaded without the added skins and get the black screens only when trying to do RACE mode with 2 or more AI cars and my car.

Yes the skins are quite large. There are 3 I havent loaded yet - the largest ones. One is around 3.5 GB. I am saving that one for my last download. Speeds are kind of slow on Mega but I have the smaller ones downloaded.

I see there is a new version v.52. I will try one of these cars to see how it goes also.

I am still trying different things tonight.

Dave

Last edited:
Hey guys, many years ago @dathyr built a track called Meadowdale for NASCAR Racing 2003, a really cool road course with banked turns and huge elevation changes, and eventually a modder known as philrob converted it to rFactor. Well, I wanted it in AC so I went ahead and converted it and did a bunch of rework to it. I got permission from @dathyr and philrob to release it, so you can grab it here:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/meadowdale-raceways.35502/

Thanks to @dathyr, philrob, and @Teddie!

Enjoy!

View attachment 951107

View attachment 951108

View attachment 951109

Just to add some notes on the AI and Driving the Meadowdale track. As some of you may have noticed with the modern fast cars if you go full speed down the straight and down the big hill, some cars will pull a wheelie as you crest over the hill. What I normally do is lift up a little bit just before the hill and then back on the gas pedal again. That way the car stays on the ground better or just lifts up a little bit.

Note: Designing this track in NR2003 with Sandbox, the SIM cars didnt go quite as fast as they do in Assetto Corsa. I live only a few miles from where the real track used to be. There are still bits of the track still there.

With my AI hints - the first MASPEED in the file- I added a slight slow down point just before the hill so the AI cars also dont go wild. Feel free to adjust any of the AI hinits.

I tested with many of the Kunos GT cars, Lotus 88 F1, RSS F1, VRC F1, Radical SR3, one shifter Kart, and some of the Retro cars at 90-95% and all did pretty good.

take care,
Dave

Just to add some notes on the AI and Driving the Meadowdale track. As some of you may have noticed with the modern fast cars if you go full speed down the straight and down the big hill, some cars will pull a wheelie as you crest over the hill. What I normally do is lift up a little bit just before the hill and then back on the gas pedal again. That way the car stays on the ground better or just lifts up a little bit.

Note: Designing this track in NR2003 with Sandbox, the SIM cars didnt go quite as fast as they do in Assetto Corsa I live only a few miles from where the real track used to be. There are still bits of the track still there.

With my AI hints - the first MASPEED in the file- I added a slight slow down point just before the hill so the AI cars also dont go wild. Feel free to adjust any of the AI hinits.

I tested with many of the Kunos GT cars, Lotus 88 F1, RSS F1, VRC F1, Radical SR3, one shifter Kart, and some of the Retro cars at 90-95% and all did pretty good.

take care,
Dave

I took a road course equipped 2020 Indycar down that big hill and the downforce kept the car down, it was great. The banked corners tried to shred the car of course, because that's how it was there in real life too (bumpy on the banked corners).

...this thread though.. dang.. choices time..
upload_2020-8-22_9-5-43.png

I took a road course equipped 2020 Indycar down that big hill and the downforce kept the car down, it was great. The banked corners tried to shred the car of course, because that's how it was there in real life too (bumpy on the banked corners).
Speaking of the corners, is it possible to smooth the stepping a little? Being a conversion of an old track, I know this is possibly a function of how track meshes used to be constructed in other older sims, but in stiffly-sprung cars the 'washboard effect' when cornering can be quite pronounced (though nowhere near as noticable as in Gilles's five-minute specials).
If you can, great - if not, it's still a great track. Thanks.

Thank you for your information @Ken134
Believe it or not, I have a 2nd Rift S I can try, the original Rift CV1, and an Odyssey + I can try. LOL
Havent switched to them yet.

What is weird now with the GT4 cars with current Rift S, by switching to another filter in CM settings, I got each car to come up in PRACTICE mode with no problems now. When I go to RACE mode, I can bring up 1 AI car and mine, Soon as I go to 2 AI cars or higher and mine I get the black screen. Weird isnt it.

Still trying things. take care.
I just installed the new GT4 update. First car I tried (The Cayman) - black screen.
OR CV1, 10890ti, 7700k.
CSP v0.1.61
*sigh*

Edit: that was in a spec race.
Just tried hot lap mode and everything seems fine.

Do just a little research Random.
That's the thing, I did already. For years I've known about Mansory, hence the question.

They change some things on a 'hiper' cars, turning them as an unique specimen.
Yup, they are certainly unique alright. Uniquely awful! :yuck:

Paulo, I think what he was trying to say was, Mansory = vomit. Personally, I can only agree with that. Their styling tends to make me feel a little sick in the stomach. :scared:
Exactly, thank you!

---
Of course, with all of the various drift, tuner, and other custom car mods out there; I probably shouldn't be surprised that someone would have an "interesting" enough of a taste that they would want to drive a Mansory.

I just installed the new GT4 update. First car I tried (The Cayman) - black screen.
OR CV1, 10890ti, 7700k.
CSP v0.1.61
*sigh*

mine loads fine in race as well , same car, but using csp1.63 rain version. (disabled the rainfx part though)

EDIT: Tried with rainfx on at the green hell, works as well, but, disaster to try drive though, permanent yellow flags ;)
(fwiw 1.61 nearly all my mods were black screen had to drop it to 1.60 to get them working again until 1.62 came out and they were working again.)

upload_2020-8-22_10-24-58.png

ends up like this on each corner ;), so we at least know the cars are wet physics ready even if the AI line is not, guess CM/CSP will need to adapt cars to wet tyres automatically at some point.

upload_2020-8-22_10-31-11.png

Last edited:
Is anyone noticing the grass in game is now looking like reflective waterFx?

EDIT: nevermind. Found it was a bad config auto downloaded from CM. @norms I think it might have been a config from you. Could you check your config for reboot.team's daytona if you were the author? Thanks bruddah.
Had this problem with LA Canyon.

OR CV1, 10890ti, 7700k.
CSP v0.1.61
*sigh*

Hi @Masscot First thank you for the C distribution installs. I think that helped me big time with the GT4 cars. I can do Races now with 11 AI cars.

Note: There might be something is wrong with one of the cars that causes the others not to work and get the black screen. So I stated over and just have the first 5 cars installed and they work. Why one affects the others I have no idea. But it works by just having the 5 cars below.

Auston car.
Audi car.
BMW car.
Camaro car.
Ford Mustang.

For now i am just running these cars.
Reading messages from others - I am running CSP 1.6.2

It may be the Mclearn car that is giving me fits. Not sure thoough.
Let you know what I find, if anything.

Take care,
Dave

Last edited:
Guys im having a problem when trying to play my careers time attacks, is there any solution? ty for now
upload_2020-8-22_0-26-46.png

edit: ok nevermind i just fixed it by disabling penalties??? for some reason time attacks arent working with penalties for me, i will not even try to understand:lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, the one from Gilles is really bad. I binned it a few months back after trying to fix it. Just not worth the time for that one.
Well.. The internet being what the internet is, I finally laid my hands on the Mt Panorama historic... I installed it, went half way arounf the track and uninstalled it, probably with ease the worst track I have ever seen.. no wonder you binned it..

edit: In fact its so bad, I may just format that drive and burn it..

Screenshot_rr_phantom_man_highforce_8-5-120-20-55-7.png

Rolls-Royce Phantom (2019) & MANSORY Phantom VIII (2019) v1.0
by ELEMENT1999

Requires Custom Shaders Patch above v0.1.60!

Credits
Model: HKV STUDIO, angel-wt(MANSORY)
Conversion: Element1999
Textures: Element1999, Whistleblower39, Audi, XY
Materials: Element1999, Whistleblower39
Skins: Kaiser , it'sDarik
Refinement: Element1999, Whistleblower39, XY
Animations: Element1999
Sound: tripled sevens
Data: Element1999
Guidance: Whistleblower39, XY其它帮助过我的人

Source
https://discord.gg/K8btnfS

Download
https://mega.nz/file/lfoglCBI#l_3T7ruRwpoBC2m2jH-Qvz2yDdLdvLVq0ESqRMnorD4
https://sharemods.com/wabc90lkrawh/Rolls-Royce_Phantom_MANSORY_v1.0.7z.html

Great find. Thank you.

This is another car(s), where the AI is not able/willing to drive as fast as possible. Can please some expert check, what is wrong in the settings. Thank you very much.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back