Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
Hi track modelers,

Would any of you be interested to convert this local hometown track in SA? My dad used to race touring saloons here. It’s a Rfactor 2 track linked here.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2090300773

Regards,

I used to live in PE for about a decade and took my bikes out on this, and enjoyed watching them testing out the Noble's on it.
I might take a look at it for a sat image texture replacement and fixup. Assuming I get any time off this year, not not promising so far ;)

Just sent Ilja an email with an idea I have: local weathers.
Now that we can set the weather to full random, we often find circuits having unrealistic geographical weathers, like snow in tropical countries. We can use the actual local weather, that's genius. But I wonder if we could order CM to exclude unexpected weathers from specific circuits. We could have individual configurations for this like we have with rainfx, or have them merged. It could also be called "realistic random", lol.

@damone13x I noticed that in your Nashville Superspeedway Oval track there are still the cones that lay out the Roval in the road. Could you, as I know pretty much nothing about modding, remove them? they're quite annoying to bump into :D
Lol I uploaded the wrong folder, sorry I will update the link thanks

I used to live in PE for about a decade and took my bikes out on this, and enjoyed watching them testing out the Noble's on it.
I might take a look at it for a sat image texture replacement and fixup. Assuming I get any time off this year, not not promising so far ;)
Awesome. I lived in PE up to ‘98. My boet and mom are still there. He race there. Would be awesome. Small world. Thanks for looking at it.

Dover International Speedway

This track is from Nascar Heat and is amazing as I spent almost a year converting it and learning things in the process. There's a thing i couldn't prevent, due to the high banked surface of this track on both stretches starting positions makes cars bounce when appearing and believe me I tried everything I know, so instead of keeping this I prefer to share it As Is, so keep in mind this when you race it, cheers!
Thanks to
Coby Hill for AI !

ZIgovqN.jpg

https://sharemods.com/aaavyhga1g9w/aa_dover_speedway-nh.rar.html

Haven't see any Lister LMP / Riley for AC, sadly.

They aren't too bad - certainly not top AC quality, but if you're playing a racing game for the graphics only... What can I say ?

dM9UJvr.png

BI0j30R.png

They even have a proper Peugeot 908 2011 and a Toyota TS030 2012.

I'm sorry, but when I can see, and count the polygons in the roll hoop (and various other areas), I lose all immersion and interest :) These just made the requirements in the F1 Challenge 99 - 02 and GTR2-days... Not anymore...

Last edited:
Now that we can set the weather to full random, we often find circuits having unrealistic geographical weathers, like snow in tropical countries. We can use the actual local weather, that's genius. But I wonder if we could order CM to exclude unexpected weathers from specific circuits. We could have individual configurations for this like we have with rainfx, or have them merged. It could also be called "realistic random", lol.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but I´m sure you can save a number of sol weather "playlists" with whatever conditions you like set to shuffle

Last edited:
Correct me if I´m wrong, but I´m sure you can save a number of sol weather "playlists" with whatever conditions you like set to shuffle

I believe you're making reference to this screen:

upload_2020-12-13_2-33-16.png

From there, you can disable the weather you don't want.
Suppouse you ran a F1 season. Imagine setting weather to random, and having each venue with their distinctive weather patterns. That's what I mean.

This may already be supported if I understand you correctly.

Attachments

• 23FCC006-7B4E-4082-9DEB-CEE34626F9B9.png
    23FCC006-7B4E-4082-9DEB-CEE34626F9B9.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 54
This may already be supported if I understand you correctly.

Not quite. That applies the CURRENT weather.
Say, I want to race in Interlagos, Brazil. I want to set the weather to random and deal with whatever I get.
Problem is I might get one of the many rain weathers, or a hurricane. I can always restart, or change it ingame, but it wouldn't be random anymore, would it? I just wish "random" to offer me the weather range from the local track.

it’s good to see @Shokeus has put a proper G50 gearbox into the RSS. I have been doing the same for the 964 Cup.

I have driven 964s and 993s on track more than any other cars, amounting to hundreds of laps at Goodwood and dozens at Castle Combe and Thruxton. The Cup car really does feel very Porsche-like, although I acknowledge the gap between a sim and real life which @TheRealCeeBee and @Cote Dazur have mentioned. It does need a bit of tweaking though.

I have put G50/3 ratios in the car, with a choice of two ratios for each gear, with the higher ratios being the equivalent of a G50/10 which I have seen occasionally fitted to a 964 Carrera cup. The G50/3 feels really good and true to life. All non-turbo 964s I have ever driven or seen have a 3.444 final ratio. It is possible to put other ratios in but I’ve never seen it.

I am trying to ‘BOP” the Carrera Cup to my own best lap times, sector times and corner entry and exit speeds in a C2. My best lap is around 1m35, as my insurance doesn’t cover track day damage! I’ve seen good driver friends manage 1m32.xx and I think a professional driver could do 1m30 without too much drama.

it’s worth reducing the CD by 10% or so and I’m working on the power.lut- real values don’t really work and actually most 964s measure quite a bit more power/torque than spec, even as measured on a chassis dyno. They also tend to rev freely up to 7000rpm, usually because the rev limit is the first thing that gets removed. It’s a bit of trial and error, but if people are interested I can post my drivetrain and power files in a few days.

Thanks for your proposal but for the moment I would like to keep the maximum real data of the Porsche 964 Carrera Cup version irl .
Can be just added to it 15bhp as currently it has 250bhp instead of 265 bhp but we still have to find the powercurve in question (265bhp)

Thanks

Last edited:
I believe you're making reference to this screen

no, I´m talking about the sol plan selector or whatever its called:
sol.PNG

You can add a ton of weathers to a list and save the plan to use it on any track, but I can´t see a way to "shuffle" the order of the list

Do you have the email address please for Ilya? There is one small addition I would like to ask.

Hey can anyone please tell me where can I get the "big_shop2" showroom for AC? I searched the internet but didn't find it. Please if anyone has it, then help me.

You MUST enable this here:
View attachment 977899

MacPherson strut FFB adjustment is mandatory.

Below is what I posted in the comments of the video. This should actually be included in the video's description, as I usually never install the latest "buggy" or "untested" version of CSP. I might install one or two of the versions after the recommended version if I hear among the community that it's stable, or doesn't have strange issues like opaque windshields, black skies, flickering trees, etc.

My comment on the Youtube video for the mod...

WARNING! FORCE FEEDBACK IS INVERTED on version 1.0 if using CSP v1.61 or older! You must upgrade to v1.62 and turn on FFB Tweaks. If you drive this mod with the FFB inverted, the wheel could unexpectedly violently snap to full lock when you first turn the wheel while driving. Depending on the wheel you're using, this could cause injury, or at least very sore fingers if they get caught by the wheel (I'm serious, the snap is that severe).

Last edited by a moderator:
RainFX, GrassFX and a few tweaks for Salvador.

View attachment 977766

Great track, thank you so much.

Screenshot_marcas_chevrolet_cruze_salvador_13-11-120-12-9-13.png Screenshot_marcas_chevrolet_cruze_salvador_13-11-120-12-8-26.png Screenshot_marcas_chevrolet_cruze_salvador_13-11-120-12-7-26.png Screenshot_marcas_chevrolet_cruze_salvador_13-11-120-12-6-39.png Screenshot_marcas_chevrolet_cruze_salvador_13-11-120-12-6-15.png Screenshot_marcas_chevrolet_cruze_salvador_13-11-120-12-2-8.png

Lights for Salvador (add this code to @TheRealCeeBee's ext_config)

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=floodlight
MATERIALS= floodlight_lamp
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=0
COLOR=255,133,66,0.02
SPOT=180
RANGE=200
FADE_AT=500
FADE_SMOOTH=25
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.3
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
DIRECTION=NORMAL
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=floodlight glow
MATERIALS= floodlight_lamp
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=255,133,66,0.5
OFF_VALUE_0=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0
OFF_VALUE_1=0.5
KEY_2=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_2=-193
OFF_VALUE_2=-193
KEY_3=ksAmbient
VALUE_3=1
OFF_VALUE_3=0.3
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=building windows
MATERIALS= glass, whitearches_windows, vizinho_windows, assembleia_windows, sbuildingb_window2, sbuilding2_windows, sbuilding2_topwindow, sbuilding3_window, sbuilding3_upperwindow
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=16
COLOR=10,10,10,0.1
SPOT=120
RANGE=100
FADE_AT=500
FADE_SMOOTH=25
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.3
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
DIRECTION=NORMAL
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=building windows glow
MATERIALS= glass, whitearches_windows, vizinho_windows, assembleia_windows, sbuildingb_window2, sbuilding2_windows, sbuilding2_topwindow, sbuilding3_window, sbuilding3_upperwindow
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=10,10,10,0.04
OFF_VALUE_0=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0
OFF_VALUE_1=0.5
KEY_2=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_2=-193
OFF_VALUE_2=-193
KEY_3=ksAmbient
VALUE_3=1
OFF_VALUE_3=0.3
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

Dover International Speedway

This track is from Nascar Heat and is amazing as I spent almost a year converting it and learning things in the process. There's a thing i couldn't prevent, due to the high banked surface of this track on both stretches starting positions makes cars bounce when appearing and believe me I tried everything I know, so instead of keeping this I prefer to share it As Is, so keep in mind this when you race it, cheers!
Thanks to
Coby Hill for AI !

ZIgovqN.jpg

https://sharemods.com/aaavyhga1g9w/aa_dover_speedway-nh.rar.html

Wow thank you very much for this Christmas gift! I know you´ve been working on this track for so long, so thank you for sharing it with us. Which tracks do you still have in the works? Are there any plans to convert more tracks from Heat? I think about the road courses?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back