Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,713 comments
I would like to ask if it would be possible to increase the number of pit boxes by at least 6, thank you.
many times pits/starts are limited by the capacity of the track to support that many (AI) as Zwickau for example has a reduced set. compared to Gilles75 efforts.

Have you run with a full AI grid? Or is your need for actual multiplayer?

Hi guys!

Porsche 991 GTE RSR 2015 v1.0

__custom_showroom_1626459051.jpg

Credits

Assetto Garage and FaB

Although this is not as good model as the last Gallardo GT3 I updated, it is still very nice to have and I think only 2015 model GTE RSR available?

1.0 by FaB

. added gulf skin by kamizuru
. added AO to all skins
. porsche crew to all skins
. created custom body map
. added AO to wheels and improved shaders
. removed distortion from digital rear view display
. better aligned digital display
. enabled high internal rear mirror
. animated wipers
. updated body shaders to Kunos standard
. created LODs
. some CSP features enabled, a little exhaust smoke, digital rear view mirror, brake disc fx
. various other optimisation and tweaks that I can't now remember

Download - Porsche 991 GTE RSR 2015 v1.0

Please enjoy and if you find any problems please let me know thank you. Have a great weekend!
-FaB

Hi guys!

Porsche 991 GTE RSR 2015 v1.0

View attachment 1067954

Credits

Assetto Garage and FaB

Although this is not as good model as the last Gallardo GT3 I updated, it is still very nice to have and I think only 2015 model GTE RSR available?

1.0 by FaB

. added gulf skin by kamizuru
. added AO to all skins
. porsche crew to all skins
. created custom body map
. added AO to wheels and improved shaders
. removed distortion from digital rear view display
. better aligned digital display
. enabled high internal rear mirror
. animated wipers
. updated body shaders to Kunos standard
. created LODs
. some CSP features enabled, a little exhaust smoke, digital rear view mirror, brake disc fx
. various other optimisation and tweaks that I can't now remember

Download - Porsche 991 GTE RSR 2015 v1.0

Please enjoy and if you find any problems please let me know thank you. Have a great weekend!
-FaB
I got that one from URD, fixed by rshumi in my collection, is it a evolution of that car?
1626462958893.png

I just found out that theres fictional tracks from SEGA World Drivers Championship [Another arcade racing game that was somewhat forgotten because Japan-only]. They managed to get the files for the tracks but wasn't shared in public yet.

If i could try to get my hands on the files, then i can share it to you via PM or here & try to port it to AC.
About this game...there are some nice models which I've never seen before in sim racing:

Toyota 86 MC GT300
Toyota Prius apr GT
Toyota Mark X MC
Subaru BRZ GT300
Lotus Evora MC GT300

All the cars and liveries from the 2017 and 2018 Super GT Series are there except for:

2017 Ferrari 488 GT3 #50
Both the 2017 and 2018 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 #87 and #88
2018 Bentley Continental GT3 #32 (This was a one-off. The other Bentley teams are available.)

The only downside is that the interiors are very basic since the game itself had no cockpit view available. Overall the models and textures are well done. The models from the tracks are available as well but of course everything is separated. This game has three real world tracks: Fuji, Okayama and Sugo.

Screenshots below of various GT500 and GT300 cars. The wheel models are in separate files. Windshield banners are also there but just not shown as the windows are opaque in the preview. Will look into converting some of these models soon as I am currently making progress on a Super Formula project.

Attachments

• 1626461566549.png
    1626461566549.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 1626461585449.png
    1626461585449.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 1626461600376.png
    1626461600376.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 1626461610367.png
    1626461610367.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 1626462065590.png
    1626462065590.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 1626462143810.png
    1626462143810.png
    29 KB · Views: 85
  • 1626462156343.png
    1626462156343.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 1626462168497.png
    1626462168497.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 1626462186876.png
    1626462186876.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 1626462215985.png
    1626462215985.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1626462242224.png
    1626462242224.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 98
About this game...there are some nice models which I've never seen before in sim racing:

Toyota 86 MC GT300
Toyota Prius apr GT
Toyota Mark X MC
Subaru BRZ GT300
Lotus Evora MC GT300

All the cars and liveries from the 2017 and 2018 Super GT Series are there except for:

2017 Ferrari 488 GT3 #50
Both the 2017 and 2018 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 #87 and #88
2018 Bentley Continental GT3 #32 (This was a one-off. The other Bentley teams are available.)

The only downside is that the interiors are very basic since the game itself had no cockpit view available. Overall the models and textures are well done. The models from the tracks are available as well but of course everything is separated. This game has three real world tracks: Fuji, Okayama and Sugo.

Screenshots below of various GT500 and GT300 cars. The wheel models are in separate files. Windshield banners are also there but just not shown as the windows are opaque in the preview. Will look into converting some of these models soon as I am currently making progress on a Super Formula project.
Oh nice. You sure you have the track models?

1626473429017.png

Any idea why I'm getting this weird blur on the passenger side windows?? Right side works fine

No wipers? Seems odd to get a car update from you without them.
😉
Whoever converted/made the 3D model didn't make/convert that part.

Last edited:
Well Shaun did have a group of people who were trying to tarnish his reputation, many were allowed to spread loads of rubbish about him on RD to the point where he removed himself from RD..

Now i am not saying never criticize people because one day they might die (we all will...sorry.), that isn't feasible, but I for one find it a bit hypocritical the out pouring on RD...
Well I'm not on RD so I don't know about all that drama. At least none of that ever gets big enough to reach here, unlike issues with certain modders with selling ripped works, stealing and encrypting mods as their own, etc.

I'm not saying you shouldn't criticize either, but there is a difference between constructive criticism, and internet style saying "this mod is ****" without then giving any reasons and suggestions for improvement. And it can go the other way too, some people just give mods likes and 5 star ratings without testing them first (even though there are clear problems), just because they worship the author.

I feel like the 5600X is great.

Just wasn't sure if adding twice the cores, as well as twice L2 and L3 cache would make a difference?

As mentioned before, it's mixed results with different Mods. But typically I can run 24 Kunos cars on a Kunos track with decent settings in the 60-70 fps range @ 4k.

It's when I get into the 25-50 car grids it starts to slow down. Not that you need grids that size all the time, but it's cool to do multiclass races.
I doubt doubling the cores will make a big difference in general gaming right now, especially at 4K where the gpu becomes the bottleneck rather than the cpu. In very demanding games like Cyberpunk, tests I've seen on youtube show there's virtually no difference between the 5600x and the 5900/50x at 4K.

These days all I care about in gaming terms is simracing and playing at a low resolution/high framerate, Im worried about upgrading to something like the 5600x for AC but not seeing a significant boost in performance/smoothness because AC is so old and is more single threaded.

@GzeroD Awesome release of the Light Car Company Rocket. Really enjoying it. You even added the low and high-speed gear feature of the real car.

I think it could use a little tweaking, as it feels light at high speed, but suddenly heavy during braking and turning (if that makes sense). It'd also be great if it had the six-speed option, and to really polish it off, figure out a way to swing up the spring-loaded headlights (maybe a setup option).

Just some feedback and ideas. Still enjoying it!

1626476316449.png

Last edited:
A bit of a question can you guys bake Ambient Occullision? because i'm not sure if this is a problem With CM or with my hardware for some odd reason whenever i now bake a AO it just comes out as black. Tried this on multiple cars even Kunos ones but still the same. Doing the AO for the gemera.
2021.07.17-01.00.png

Edit i think this might fixed it Instead of normally mapping the AO i have to go to the texture and from there Calculate AO weird....

Last edited:
I just found out that theres fictional tracks from SEGA World Drivers Championship [Another arcade racing game that was somewhat forgotten because Japan-only]. They managed to get the files for the tracks but wasn't shared in public yet.

If i could try to get my hands on the files, then i can share it to you via PM or here & try to port it to AC.
yoooo id love to see the tracks from that get ported. mainly lakeside ring and northern riverside park

Driving PhyMeshes:

Seem to be doing a lot of these lately, so sharing the process to enable others to handle themselves where they want more control over the outcome.

PROBLEM: Subdividing mesh edges in Blender only subdivides the problem more, it does not remove the existing creases, and using the Subdivision Modifier to create a new subD mesh damages the edges and rounds then in bad ways.. and I have not found an easy way to overcome this.. enter Rhino QuadRemesh Tool. It lays out a predetermined number of quads over the old topology on a "as close as I can get basis" which has a nice side effect of eliminating jaggy corners on low poly mesh even if you only used that by itself and went no further.

OPTIONAL and SUBJECTIVE steps.
In the clip we introduce even further subdivision of the road surface once back from Rhino, so that we can first smooth a bit, then add some road noise back into it, then use blender to split the road into bite size chunks kseditor can handle.
This part of the process is painful because when its driven road noise is subjective and it goes from "try more" to "try less" etc... Id suggest outputting a few variants , if you see in clip very tiny numbers can amke a big difference.

May not be the best way, but for my own tracks I do a heap of these, and increasignly for other peoples and this process seems to output "ok" roads where the input might have been quite bad. beware over smoothing though.

Process in Video:
3dsimed:

find the road and if its in multile sectiosn use 3dsimed "object filter" tool to grab them all.
export to FBX.
(while you are in here, if the road mesh is named 1ROADxxx rename it to something else VisibleRoadxxx for example.)

Rhino.
if the road came in as multiple meshes, use the rhino tool "join" to join them, otherwise jsut jump directly to the QUADREMESH tool
enable preview if you like, and increase or decrease the number of quads you are after.
Export to OBJ (rhino FBX screws with blender)

Blender
import the original fbx as a reference
Import the rhino OBJ, and scale it smaller to 0.001
it will also need to be rotated over X by 90
CTRL+A and apply transform.
optional subdivide again before smoothing
optional use mesh>>randomize to add back road noise
as this mesh is now much to large to come into kseditor as one mesh,
rename the mesh to 1ROAD_anythingyoulike
in Blender edit mode, select sections at a time, hit "P" and select "seperate by selection"
When you export be sure to tick the "apply transform" on the fbx exporter or you will get a "error scaling detected on root node" error in kseditor.

KSEditor
Import the fbx
expand all the nodes and set the road sections RENDERABLE property to false
compile KN5.

TRACK FOLDER
Add a models.ini file if you dont already have one, and add the new phymesh.kn5 to it.
Example
Code:
[MODEL_0]
FILE=myawesometrack.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_1]
FILE=phymesh.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

If you test drive and your car falls through the track, go back to the blender step, and flip the track normals, its rare but does happen.

HTH.

Last edited:
Hi folks, has anyone ever thought of this mod better, to make it identical to the original car? It is beautiful, but it is not like the original 😭😭

Attachments

• maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 47
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 48
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 43
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 41
Oi

I can ask if you have any other mod from Gallardo GT3, similar to ACC, for example... and thank you for the Assetto Garage mod itself, with the help of this community, I was able to use lambo with cleaners very gratefully.

Yes, I think is this one.

Oh, and remember of speaking english here. Your post can get in trouble because is not in english. Maybe you can translate your post and edit it to prevent any problem.
Taking advantage of this post, does anyone know how to solve the excessive slippage of the Porsche 991.2 GT3 ACC mod, from the dear crash in TopRace discord, who got really upset lately and vetoed the link to their mods because of haters, anyway, it's a challenge and so much to set up that 911, but I think he jumps a lot on the track. If anyone knows, my eternal gratitude. Hugs

Driving PhyMeshes:

Seem to be doing a lot of these lately, so sharing the process to enable others to handle themselves where they want more control over the outcome.

PROBLEM: Subdividing mesh edges in Blender only subdivides the problem more, it does not remove the existing creases, and using the Subdivision Modifier to create a new subD mesh damages the edges and rounds then in bad ways.. and I have not found an easy way to overcome this.. enter Rhino QuadRemesh Tool. It lays out a predetermined number of quads over the old topology on a "as close as I can get basis" which has a nice side effect of eliminating jaggy corners on low poly mesh even if you only used that by itself and went no further.

nice track (*snicker)

Oi

I can ask if you have any other mod from Gallardo GT3, similar to ACC, for example... and thank you for the Assetto Garage mod itself, with the help of this community, I was able to use lambo with cleaners very gratefully.
You should check out Race Sim Studio's GTM pack for AC. You get the BMW M6 GT3 and the Lamborghini Huracan Evo GT3.
It's a paid mod, but I'm sure that everyone here would recommend it.

10% off at the moment too.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back