Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,455 comments
Hello, I'm currently looking for the 1971 AMC Javelin in the pic below? I just downloaded the 1970 AMC Javelin released on race department and it's a blast!!! But unfortunately all links I find for this one are dead now :( Thanks!!!
th

Last edited by a moderator:
Got bored tonight and decided to play around with making a track vao patch just to see how it worked. I kind of have an understanding of what impacts what except for one thing. The trees and grass objects get really bright compared to the downloaded vao from CM. Which option impacts grass and tree object brightness because I tried them all and none of them seemed to make the trees\grass any darker?

away for the last week...

Condolences

Car used to create AI lines does not matter.
idealline.ai has ZERO effect on AI (it only creates the visual helper line)
The cars/mod used to drive in a race does matter.
Some tracks are narrow and side-by-side AI can often not handle placement especially in the first lap(s).
Pro tip: do not "hit the apex" with your AI line in nearly all situations
ai_hints.ini can help both speed-up and slow-down, but is quite imprecise in actual implementation.
Creating AI/road sides with the tool on RD can help

export to .fbx
load .fbx in ksEditor
save as .kn5

thanks, but I am not the author of the tool...
I only compiled the kn5conv_x64.exe version from the original/latest source code.
Pardon. My mistake.

Hockenheim Ring, National Layout.

I have a few modern Hockenheim Ring gp layout, a few classic Hockenheim Ring, but, to my surprise, I just realized this morning, that I have no Hockenheim Ring National layout.
Can you recommend a version and share a link?

Last edited:
In case anyone's interested, the flying stuff I added to the old ACF R246 transfers to the new track with a few positional tweaks in the models.ini

View attachment 1090865
Sorry, meant to post this a few weeks ago but forgot. It'll add the R246 balloons, blimp, helis and airliners from the old track into the new ДЯДЯ ДИМА version, with asset positions/paths adjusted to better fit the new track scale, orientation and building locations etc.
It's a bit of a compromise without completely redoing the animation paths from scratch (the two tracks have completely different datums and orientation), and the helis/balloons/blimp are all slightly older versions. The tree canopy in the new track is much denser and closer than in the old track so line-of-sight is quite different, but if you want some active airspace stuff up there then this should do the job.
Backup your existing track first, it'll be easier to revert if you don't like it, then unzip the folder to your ...assettocorsa/content/tracks folder and overwrite when asked. Or unzip and drop everything in the folder into your ddm_gt6_r246 track folder, overwriting when asked.
Anything you want to remove can be done by simply renaming the relevant kn5 in the track folder, and individual starting positions can be adjusted in the models.ini

It'd be great if someone could add the reverse route... @alfa_r4 might you be interested following your work on Castle Hill layouts??

Last edited:
Autódromo Internacional de Cascavel - Version 2.1

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

View attachment 983917

CHANGELOG 2.1
  • Update of textures and materials
  • Update of extension file
  • Update the VAO file
  • New Tents
  • Dynamic Object
  • AI correction by @KevinK2

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lyxohdi1lf3cax9/vhe_cascavel.rar/file
Hi @VheEth, thanks for all your works: beautiful!
Link is no longer available for Cascavel, every version.
Thanks.

Last edited:
copy and paste this in the ext_config

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = roadnew?, road_patch?, new_tarmac, VIS_WAL?, ROAD, kerb, mosport_roadgreen, roadlines, pit_concrete, MOSPORT_DMG_GRASS, mosport_drain
PUDDLES_MESHES = rdedges, TRANSITION?, VIS_ALL_PATCH_BORDER, t1_waterchannel.002
LINES_MATERIALS = roadlines
SOAKING_MATERIALS = new_tarmac, ROAD, kerb, mosport_roadgreen, roadlines, pit_concrete, MOSPORT_DMG_GRASS
SOAKING_MESHES = rdedges, TRANSITION?, VIS_ALL_PATCH_BORDER, t1_waterchannel.002
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = guardrail, mosport_vehicles?, SEMI
ROUGH_MATERIALS = GRASS_CLOSE, Background, gravel_dirt
ROUGH_MESHES = grs_in_out_blend.001, SDTRAP_EDGE
thank you, works great now!

Last edited:

These are NOT my mods.

See if you can drive this around the Nordschleife.

Benz Patent-Motorwagen (1886) Beta v. 0.5 on RaceDepartment

__custom_showroom_1636804005-jpg.517126

From FB. This is not my mod. Support the creators and FB group if you can. Patreon membership isn't required to download.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adriaan Suy MNBA Assetto Modding Group

BMW M4 Competition G82 M-Performance

CONVERTED BY ADRIAAN SUY​

PHYSICS BY STEVE STIRPE AND VRDRIVING​

Main features:
Extra button A: switch cluster/turn off hud
Extra button B: switch gps/radio
Extra button C: open/close doors
Extra button D: open hood
Basic features:
-AO inside/out
-Blinkers
-Wipers
-Selflighting
-PBR shaders and texture overhaul
-CM paintshop config, Paintable rims,leather,stitching etc
-Animations (doors,hood)
-Lods
-Regular cluster based on RTM M8
As usual BIG thanks for help and support from my mates at MNBA, also thanks to all testers.
*DOWNLOAD *
https://www.patreon.com/posts/58573172

257357813_4671067952984503_5541962257636376438_n.jpg

I'm getting a lot of glare off the road surface, it turns almost white at times. Anybody else? My settings are pretty standard.
Also getting a weird shimmering/holographic effect from these flags, similar to when glass is set up badly... maybe a transparency issue?

View attachment 1093563
the flag textures are really low quality I think that's where the problem comes from

for me the road is good even with the sun in my face
1636819389678.jpeg

It says "No File" when I try to download it.
tested, link work

Last edited:
the flag textures are really low quality I think that's where the problem comes from
Take a closer look at the pic I posted, it seems like there's some double imaging/overlapping textures. Might be z-fighting causing the issue?
Or maybe it's only obvious in VR?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back