Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,208 comments
Ok, so after several weeks of pain & troubleshooting, I've finally finished the first version of my first mod. Introducing:

The Elizalde Halcón Gran Sport!
Screenshot_arkgrid_halcon_gs_ks_barcelona_2-4-122-1-9-40.jpg

Looking good!

See, I play Arknights, & one day I asked myself: "What would motorsport look like in the Arknights world?". So after several iterations, I arrived at the GRID GT Series (yes, that's in reference to GRID by Codies). And this is the first car for it: a luxury coupe turned GT3- sorry, GGT race car, powered by a 4.5l NA V8 producing 585 bhp & 538 Nm of torque. I'll be doing one car for each Arknights country, with this one representing Iberia (because I'm a self-indulgent Spaniard).

Now for some details about the car's data:

• Model: Self-made & my first model in Blender.
  • Engine: Built it using Automation & translated that to AC.
  • EVERYTHING ELSE: Taken from either the Formula K (some car used as a base for mods, apparently) or the Bentley Continental GT3 '18 with some minor modifications.

I've already got some things to do for the next version of the Elizalde:
  • Make the wheels not look like cheese wheels.
  • Car needs more rear grip.
  • Get some actual materials on this car (help me, Blenderkit).

Tell me what you think!

Screenshot_mclaren_720_gt3_acc_ks_barcelona_2-4-122-13-45-52.jpg

Last edited:
'Car Folder'/extension/ext_config.ini

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
ENGINE_EXT = 1.0
ENGINE_INT = 1.0
GEAR_EXT = 1.0
GEAR_INT = 1.0
BODYWORK = 1.0
WIND = 1.0
DIRT = 1.0
DOWN_SHIFT = 1.0
HORN = 1.0
GEAR_GRIND = 1.0
BACKFIRE_EXT = 1.0
BACKFIRE_INT = 1.0
TRACTION_CONTROL_EXT = 1.0
TRACTION_CONTROL_INT = 1.0
TRANSMISSION = 1.0
LIMITER = 1.0
TURBO = 1.0

---------------------------------------------------

Adjust to suit.

Apologies for posting a reply to a post from over two years ago, but this quoted post is actually one of the only places I've been able to find with this very valuable suggestion. To add to it, while it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere and wasn't obvious to me at first, the AUDIO_VOLUME section actually supports all of the car-specific sound events from GUIDS.txt, not just those above as used in example configs. I had a mod with extremely quiet tyre sounds that made threshold braking difficult, and boosting SKID_INT and SKID_EXT through the config sorted it out with virtually no effort. Very handy considering how difficult it is to edit sounds otherwise.

Apologies for posting a reply to a post from over two years ago, but this quoted post is actually one of the only places I've been able to find with this very valuable suggestion. To add to it, while it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere and wasn't obvious to me at first, the AUDIO_VOLUME section actually supports all of the car-specific sound events from GUIDS.txt, not just those above as used in example configs. I had a mod with extremely quiet tyre sounds that made threshold braking difficult, and boosting SKID_INT and SKID_EXT through the config sorted it out with virtually no effort. Very handy considering how difficult it is to edit sounds otherwise.
And if you use [AUDIO_PITCH] at the top you can make a baritone or a chipmunk car.

View attachment 1145578

Added chrome in the main text decals (as it should be, I thought the chrome texts were only in museum version, but it's in all versions :ouch:). Let me know if it looks good in game or not, is my first time playing with chrome effects. Also I kept the previous version, with the main texts in blue, in case someone prefers it.
looks great. thanks to all the skinners for all the effort.

Y6QvxJ8.jpg

Last edited:
Free Release

View attachment 1144925View attachment 1144924

Ultima GTR GT2 Sports
8 Real Liveries
2nd car from the add-on pack for the RSS GT Cars
Will need a wiper config which I will get around to doing.
Enjoy!
I'm really enjoying this mod. Good work... and it makes me want to buy and build my own Ultima even more.

In addition to fixing the wipers, windshield, and lights, the shifting animation settings need to be adjusted. The driver is "anticipating" the shift way too early, causing him to move his hand on the shifter and keep it there well before the shift. @Masscot is pretty good at making those adjustments, as he has fixed a few mods with this issue.

Overall, these updates should make it just about perfect, as it's just about there already.

I look forward to the next update!

Last edited:
View attachment 1145578

Added chrome in the main text decals (as it should be, I thought the chrome texts were only in museum version, but it's in all versions :ouch:). Let me know if it looks good in game or not, is my first time playing with chrome effects. Also I kept the previous version, with the main texts in blue, in case someone prefers it.
Screenshot_vrc_pt_1999_beamer_thomson_3-4-122-10-19-20.jpg

Looks amazing! Did the piece justice!

Hi! I have a problem with Jerez94 upd by ACTK (but same with original one).
AI does not leave the pits at the start of qualifying.
Depends by pit_lane.ai inside the ai folder?
Any suggestion? Thanks.

EDIT: ok. The problem is pit_lane.ai. Using the same file from jerez_2010 (base of the track is the same) now all works good.

Screenshot_acfl_1994_simtek_jerez94_3-4-122-9-42-28.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that whenever you drive a car with that daft Android implementation, your PC takes longer to shut down while 'Steam Screenshot Uploader' closes?
Needs deactivating in Steam settings, apparently.

Anyone else notice that whenever you drive a car with that daft Android implementation, your PC takes longer to shut down while 'Steam Screenshot Uploader' closes?
Needs deactivating in Steam settings, apparently.
Which/what "android implementation" are you talkin about? I'm missing something?

Ok thanks, nothing that i will ever had in my cars, so no problem for me then :D
Do you ever drive mod cars? It's the latest thing to shoehorn in for a more awesome experience.
I guess it can probably (hopefully) be deactivated at source in CSP settings like that pointless frame-eating satnav display.

any clue on why it does this after exporting the track from kseditor?
View attachment 1145868View attachment 1145869
These objects can be simple CUBES, with a random (preferably from the scene) material assigned to them. You can also use dummies (3dsmax) or empties (blender) and in that case you no longer need to worry about material.
Place them 1 or 2 meters above track surface. Three conditions to make sure everything will work as expected:
1. respect the naming scheme
2. make then invisible
3. make sure to respect the axis orientation (pivot point Y up, Z forward)

any clue on why it does this after exporting the track from kseditor?
Cannot see any problem there..

Probably you have made edits with the AC_PIT and AC_START left on track so when exported these nodes lost their origins and axis rotation.

Remove all AC_? nodes from this save and use the ones from the original track if there were any

Edit: ninja'd by @El Locho :)

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying this mod. Good work... and it makes me want to buy and build my own Ultima even more.

In addition to fixing the wipers, windshield, and lights, the shifting animation settings need to be adjusted. The driver is "anticipating" the shift way too early, causing him to move his hand on the shifter and keep it there well before the shift. @Masscot is pretty good at making those adjustments, as he has fixed a few mods with this issue.

Overall, these updates should make it just about perfect, as it's just about there already.

I look forward to the next update!
Thank you. Would be an interesting build for sure, a car I've never seen on the roads here.

I should be able to fix the shift animation issue, the only one I think ill need to look into is the lights as they worked fine before and are still working in the showroom.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back