Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,127 comments
View attachment 1173856View attachment 1173869View attachment 1173870
Hi! Wonder if someone can help me with my personal car. Tried to change the metarial on the hood to same as "body" to be able to paint it but that screwed up some of the textures on the interior and wheels as seen in the second picture. And if I change back the textures it changes something else? Just wanted to paint some "Smokey Yunick" inspired skins to see how I want to do it on the real car :D thx in advance

HI Try to detach the hood an make a new livery for the hood .

New Track by CrisT86 & @pugsang

Levels Raceway - Timaru (New Zealand)

!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!:
- Requires CSP 1.77 or higher in order to have all the features working properly

Changelog v1.0:

DOWNLOAD: https://sharemods.com/v7v888t16pw3/...C_by_CrisT86___Pugsang_for_AC_1.16.4.rar.html
Are those red lines supposed to be looking like that (or did I miss an update)? It sure makes for an interesting game mode though...

1658170287264.png1658170355402.png

Edit: recording some quick sidelines did the trick. It'll work for me but maybe somebody more experienced can provide some proper sidelines to replace the ones in the mod...

Last edited:
MONZA 1988 update v2.0
v2.0
rework with updates made by DaBaeda, slider666 and racingjoe013:
  • GrassFX, removed old 3D grass
  • RainFX
  • night lights
  • new trees
  • new loading screens
  • shader adjustments
  • new cameras from GregzVR_88 and DaBaeda

bgr00.jpg
bgr02.jpg

genuine question: which race was the 42? also to save you time i've linked the skins i ported over from project cars 2 of the 935/80s aka the customer porsches. i've also ported over the 50 from DRM which was in project cars 2 aswell.

Here is Porsche 935/77 005 at the Brands Hatch 6 hours. It was driven by Jochen Mass and Jacky Ickx. I have put Jacky in this one, Jochen will go in the Watkins Glen and Silverstone cars. Jacky will reappear at the Ring and in the Baby. Thanks for the wipers and lights fix guys! I won't put loads of screenshots up every time, just one and one photo of the car it is based on. You will notice the gapless screen banner is true to life. Zip file under the pics.

EDIT: just noticed the proportions and placement of the front figure 1 were wrong. Now corrected, please redownload.

EDIT 2: see next post for improved download.

View attachment 1174008View attachment 1174029
your skins are always beautiful it was my dream to have this car, now the n50 is missing ♥♥♥

MONTREAL 1988 update v2.0​

v2.0
rework with updates made by DaBaeda:
  • GrassFX
  • RainFX
  • new trees and road textures
  • new loading screens
  • shader adjustments
  • new cameras

bgr01.jpg
bgr00.jpg

I thought the Dome was converted from GTR2 so the skins from that game may swap over but it seems like a different model so your best bet is probably trying to recreate it yourself
Ohhh crap. That was the answer I was dreading to hear. Unfortunately making skins is not a job for me (try it and I suck).

I'm just the man of ideas 😕

Thxs anyway

Last edited:
Took a break from track stuff. Threw together a couple of cams for Lilski's Road America. I'd call them spectator cams because most are pretty wide angled. If you already have additional cams beyond what Lilski included with the track (camera and camera_1), you may need to rename these. I did not, so I named them camera_2 and camera_3. They are for the regular layout only.

Attachments

• lilski_road_america.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 106
Are those red lines supposed to be looking like that (or did I miss an update)? It sure makes for an interesting game mode though...

View attachment 1174134View attachment 1174135

Edit: recording some quick sidelines did the trick. It'll work for me but maybe somebody more experienced can provide some proper sidelines to replace the ones in the mod...
To be honest i don't remember to have seen in this way, but in months that i make extensions, is not the first time i saw lines put randomly by CSP (only a visual problem, not real lines), maybe @pugsang knows more about it and he already know if what you see is right or not ;)

Anyway:

Track UPDATE WIP BAKU 2019/2022
(i'm working on it since weeks, so it will be probably the biggest ever update i did since i started). It will work in perfect combinations with @Pyyer extension, so i will put together my work with his one in order to have something definitive (maybe i can send it to him for a proper full release if he want?)

I don't know when it will be ready yet

Some teaser images (FAR from being ready the other parts of the config for know)

BAKU (1).jpg
BAKU (2).jpg
BAKU (3).jpg
BAKU (4).jpg
BAKU (5).jpg

Last edited:
To be honest i don't remember to have seen in this way, but in months that i make extensions, is not the first time i saw lines put randomly by CSP (only a visual problem, not real lines), maybe @pugsang knows more about it and he already know if what you see is right or not ;)
Without having checked the coordinates inside the files, I do notice that after recording new sidelines, the files got 50% smaller.
1658177090805.png

This is how the track looks with the new sidelines, and there's no more carnage on the back straight.

1658177295458.png

Attachments

• timaru_sidelines.zip
    79.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Hattrick! 3 in a row...

RUAPUNA PARK 2012 update v2.0

v2.0
community update rework from DaBaeda and CrisT86:
  • 2 new layouts, reworked AI now it´s faster and cleaner
  • GrassFX
  • RainFX
  • night lights
  • new loading screens
  • shader adjustments
  • new cameras by DaBaeda

bgr00.jpg
bgr01.jpg

Without having checked the coordinates inside the files, I do notice that after recording new sidelines, the files got 50% smaller.
View attachment 1174202
This is how the track looks with the new sidelines, and there's no more carnage on the back straight.

View attachment 1174209
Let's see what @pugsang says about it, meanwhile, thanks for the files (if we have skipped that for mistake we will use yours for a future one), Thanks for the check and for reporting it ;)

I've fixed a couple of materials i've missed (sometimes it can happen) and fixed the skidmarks too. If you want, send me your part so i'll add it to the config if i skipped anything else i didn't already fixed ;)
Did I miss the recent California Speedway update? Or are you working on it still? If yes, take your time, but this thread is becoming more and more crazy here (in a positive way).

MONTREAL 1988 update v2.0​

v2.0
rework with updates made by DaBaeda:
  • GrassFX
  • RainFX
  • new trees and road textures
  • new loading screens
  • shader adjustments
  • new cameras

View attachment 1174179View attachment 1174178
Don't want to sound rude but.. You will update all of the 88 tracks right? Right!? 😉

Something must have been messed up during the folder compilation. My version is perfect. No worries @CrisT86 will issue an update to fix any problems. Thanks for reporting

PS Judging from the outlines what you see is from my Zwartkops Raceway :boggled:

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_timaru_19-6-122-0-21-40.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_timaru_19-6-122-0-21-40.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hattrick! 3 in a row...

RUAPUNA PARK 2012 update v2.0

v2.0
community update rework from DaBaeda and CrisT86:
  • 2 new layouts, reworked AI now it´s faster and cleaner
  • GrassFX
  • RainFX
  • night lights
  • new loading screens
  • shader adjustments
  • new cameras by DaBaeda

Rainmaker87 - did you add anything after DaBaeda and CrisT86? Or is this a consolidation of their previous work? I'm asking because I already have Ruapuna Park updated by DaBaeda (v1.1) and CrisT86 extension from 06 March, 2021. I'll skip this download if there is nothing new.

No, I wondered if the reason you hadn't included a LOD_D was because it comes out black... but the fix is easy:

Oh~thank you.
I made the lods by myself. There were no reason.
And i make new lod b & c, also d.
Now FPS in vr mode can get 85~90 at sx lemans with 7 ai.
Thank you!

Have a try, it works perfectly, No ppfilter can match the realism you can achieve with reshade, the downside of reshade is the hit of performance but obviously this suite I created is meant for replays and video/photo shooting of races not gameplay, reshade can be easily swithed on and off with my hotkeys so you can turn off in gameplay sessions and on in replays
Hi There, I would love to give this a go. I dont have the most powerful machine and get about 40FPS in VR.

I have a few questions if you could please give me some advice:

1) If I install reshade, but turn it off for racing with hotkey, with it being 'live' ,but off in the background, would it take away any FPS?
2) With you having it installed, do you turn it on with the hotkey for replays with CSP and a ppfilter enabled?

Don't want to sound rude but.. You will update all of the 88 tracks right? Right!? 😉
This is depending on the updates DaBaeda, CrisT86 and the others do. I´just bringing it together and fix some things.
Rainmaker87 - did you add anything after DaBaeda and CrisT86? Or is this a consolidation of their previous work? I'm asking because I already have Ruapuna Park updated by DaBaeda (v1.1) and CrisT86 extension from 06 March, 2021. I'll skip this download if there is nothing new.
It´s the official track consolidation if you want it so. It has a slightly new file structure and a better AI for the 2 new layouts, loading screens and some new ui.

Last edited:
This is depending on the updates DaBaeda, CrisT86 and the others do. I´just bringing it together and fix some things.

It´s the official track consolidation if you want it so. It has a slightly new file structure and a better AI for the 2 new layouts.
@OooAhh Cantona @Rainmaker87 i will take a look at my update next weekend (or before if i ever find time) and see if something needs to be updated for the newer version, in that case i will send the files to Rain for a proper full update ;)

Glowing exhaust header ext-config for: https://www.patreon.com/m/7798903/posts?filters[tag]=Ariel

Sadly the ai does not work.And the link for the fix is down:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ds-general-discussion.307899/post-13654427.If some one have it and cares to share it.

also,a better than nothing exhaust fix for safi hellie corolla sr5,https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-3468#post-13790271

since it doesnt have a exhaust pipe mesh its flows from under the drivers side of the cars,just under the door.

cars.zip for the Ariel Atom,content.zip for the sr5.
Nicer flames textures for the sr5

Attachments

• cars.zip
    390.8 KB · Views: 14
Can anyone let me know what I need to do to get AC saving my screen setups after each race? Ever since I reinstalled AC on my pc, none of my hud changed (AC hud items and python apps alike) are saving whenever I place them on the screen. My view also resets to bonnet view after each race!

It´s the official track consolidation if you want it so. It has a slightly new file structure and a better AI for the 2 new layouts, loading screens and some new ui.
Is it just me ?
Those stripes on the background mountains ... and the tree line looks strange too.
It was already like that in the 1.1 DaBaeda version too.

ruapuna.png

I have broadcast TV cameras for most of the 1988 tracks and faster ai lines for both Estoril 88 and Jerez 88, available. Feel free to use them all if you wish. :D

Latest CSP are broken, till Ilja want to fix it, you can only disable the seasonal adj for the winter in the ext_config.
(don't ask me which patch are broken and which ones not because i don't know to be honest, i'm stick with a older version)

Which CSP are you running just to know? Thanks
I thought they were turned off but it seems they are set on by default again.

Last edited:
Hi There, I would love to give this a go. I dont have the most powerful machine and get about 40FPS in VR.

I have a few questions if you could please give me some advice:

1) If I install reshade, but turn it off for racing with hotkey, with it being 'live' ,but off in the background, would it take away any FPS?
2) With you having it installed, do you turn it on with the hotkey for replays with CSP and a ppfilter enabled?
Hi there I am glad you would like to try my suite, it is very simple and straight forward

1. When disabled, even if in background,there no fps loss whatsoever, can't be 100% sure on less powerful pc but on mine I have 0 loss

2. Yes indeed, CSP and ppfilter are always on for me, this goes on top. Check my overview post for recommended ppfilter and settings( also included in my package)

For any further questions, happy to help

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back