Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,031 comments
Looks great!

Would you consider making your changes public?

BTW: Is there a "final" version of the improvements for Gilles' track "Carrieres de Beez"? I found several variations but I'm not sure if they are still up to date.

Regards, B.B.
Sure, but as mentioned before, it would be even better if you could do more advanced configurations than just grass and rain FX. :D:lol:

And again, I knew better, but I always fall into the same trap. The horror has a name: Gilles75... :irked:
"His" tracks are always a source of massive head-shaking. My God, how bad can someone be. :odd::eek:

It's just no fun trying to improve them, and yet I've done it again and again, as I'm doing again now. It would be better to re-convert the tracks, which would look safer, faster and better.
But well, now I've started stupidly, so here, the current state.
There are still a lot of errors, wrong vertex normals, strange shaders etc..

But, imo, the worst is gone. Many, many one-sided textures are now double-sided. Trees, grasses, bushes, the spectators, flags, bridge etc. straightened.
I tried to create a more coherent overall picture.
There is also some light. Where there are street lamps only, of course. :)
Working warning lights, too :)
The logo was distorted, I have corrected that too. Changed some tags in ui.json too, as for example there are now some night lights... :D

I used a completely new config. I have included the old one as *_orig. But, to be on the safe side, please make a backup first, in case you want to go back to the previous state for whatever reason.
I hope, I didn´t messed something. :scared:

About "Carrieres de Beez"... I think I threw it in the corner at some point. I'd have to see if I still have it on my HDD at all.
I think the last time I screwed with it, @Beezer215 pointed out to me that more than 10-12 cars just make chaos on the grid. That and some weird effects with seasonal config settings.... That's when I gave up in frustration. :grumpy::crazy::yuck:

As I just mentioned, it would have been easier to convert it "from the scratch" than to work on his s....... Sorry, the frustration had to come out. :scared:

But I'll see if I can still find it.
However, if someone has a good source for the original that I could convert, it would probably be the better and easier way. 🤷‍♂️
1686323780911.png
1686323813645.png
1686323876068.png
1686324850185.png
1686324913113.png

Attachments

• dessau_new_config.zip
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 14
About "Carrieres de Beez"... I think I threw it in the corner at some point. I'd have to see if I still have it on my HDD at all.
I think the last time I screwed with it, @Beezer215 pointed out to me that more than 10-12 cars just make chaos on the grid. That and some weird effects with seasonal config settings.... That's when I gave up in frustration. :grumpy::crazy::yuck:
Don't forget that wonderful flying chicken too!!
I laugh every lap from that thing. 😂
But you did a great job with what you had to work with Slider. 🙌

I still have the track if you don't and want it again

Last edited:
Don't forget that wonderful flying chicken too!!
I laugh every lap from that thing. 😂
But you did a great job with what you had to work with Slider. 🙌

I still have the track if you don't and want it again
My motivation to search was yet just not high enough. :indiff:
So if you have it ready in a minute, I would be grateful if you could share it. Hm, maybe not... More work on this gilles75 crap.... :boggled::crazy::lol:

Edit: But, was I right? It seems to be some years you told me that, but was it the grid making probs?

Last edited:
My motivation to search was yet just not high enough. :indiff:
So if you have it ready in a minute, I would be grateful if you could share it. Hm, maybe not... More work on this gilles75 crap.... :boggled::crazy::lol:
It's not horrible. It doesn't have the best assetts here or there. Like maybe the crowd or side of the road vehicles. But it does provide the cool layout of the track and you made it better than it was in the first place at least.
I'll upload it right now. Don't hold your breath on my upload speeds though. And I would think twice about fixing that chicken, it's kind of a staple of the track now.

It's not horrible. It doesn't have the best assetts here or there. Like maybe the crowd or side of the road vehicles. But it does provide the cool layout of the track and you made it better than it was in the first place at least.
I'll upload it right now. Don't hold your breath on my upload speeds though. And I would think twice about fixing that chicken, it's kind of a staple of the track now.
Let the chicken fly, fly little chicken fly... ;)

Last edited:
Sure, but as mentioned before, it would be even better if you could do more advanced configurations than just grass and rain FX. :D:lol:

And again, I knew better, but I always fall into the same trap. The horror has a name: Gilles75... :irked:
"His" tracks are always a source of massive head-shaking. My God, how bad can someone be. :odd::eek:

It's just no fun trying to improve them, and yet I've done it again and again, as I'm doing again now. It would be better to re-convert the tracks, which would look safer, faster and better.
But well, now I've started stupidly, so here, the current state.
There are still a lot of errors, wrong vertex normals, strange shaders etc..

But, imo, the worst is gone. Many, many one-sided textures are now double-sided. Trees, grasses, bushes, the spectators, flags, bridge etc. straightened.
I tried to create a more coherent overall picture.
There is also some light. Where there are street lamps only, of course. :)
Working warning lights, too :)
The logo was distorted, I have corrected that too. Changed some tags in ui.json too, as for example there are now some night lights... :D

I used a completely new config. I have included the old one as *_orig. But, to be on the safe side, please make a backup first, in case you want to go back to the previous state for whatever reason.
I hope, I didn´t messed something. :scared:

As I just mentioned, it would have been easier to convert it "from the scratch" than to work on his s....... Sorry, the frustration had to come out. :scared:

But I'll see if I can still find it.
However, if someone has a good source for the original that I could convert, it would probably be the better and easier way. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 1263637View attachment 1263638View attachment 1263639View attachment 1263643View attachment 1263644

That is amazing - thank You VERY much for your effort!
Yeah, as I said before, I can't do much and I'm limited by lack of time.
But I'm glad when my tinkering manages to spark the interest of someone more knowledgeable.
In an ideal word I would love to just simply drive those historic tracks without having to change stuff around.
But sometimes even narrow cockpit view shows too much and I'm tempted to go back to my GPL installation...

Thanks again.

That is amazing - thank You VERY much for your effort!
Yeah, as I said before, I can't do much and I'm limited by lack of time.
But I'm glad when my tinkering manages to spark the interest of someone more knowledgeable.
In an ideal word I would love to just simply drive those historic tracks without having to change stuff around.
But sometimes even narrow cockpit view shows too much and I'm tempted to go back to my GPL installation...

Thanks again.
Take my configuration as a template for future updates you will make.... :)

I would be happy and satisfied if it meant less work for me... :D:lol:

Renault Clio IV RS EDC Trophy 2016 Public Release !!!!
Download:https://sharemods.com/bi4jqwp764ja/clio_220_edc_2016_1.0.zip.html
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics by VR Driving
-Lods Help Norms
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@filemissing,@Mascot,and others

Attachments

• Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-50-32.jpg
    Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-50-32.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-52-44.jpg
    Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-52-44.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-52-11.jpg
    Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-52-11.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-51-58.jpg
    Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-51-58.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-50-28.jpg
    Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-50-28.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-50-18.jpg
    Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-50-18.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-49-56.jpg
    Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-49-56.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-49-24.jpg
    Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_rs_tor_poznanl_9-5-123-13-49-24.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 7
TIME FOR A TRIBUTE

le-mans-1970-2015.jpg!Large.jpg

Since we are on the verge of one of the most important Le Mans races in history, I decided to pay a little tribute to our dear and beloved race. I share a preset for what is (for me) the most fantastic edition of the race: 1970. For anyone who has seen Steve McQueen's masterpiece, this edition will always hold a special place in their hearts.

I know that someone might already had done this, but I believe that my version is going to be the ULTIMATE ONE, because:

• All the cars were placed in the REAL starting positions
  • If you do a good search, you will find ALL the skins of this edition in the internet, just like me;
  • The start time is also right: 4pm;
  • The weather condition is rain, which was the most prevalent condition during the race.

OBS: I leave a warning for those who have a potato pc: be careful, because the grid is at 100% (50 cars) and it's weather is set to rain. Even on good systems, I find it difficult to run smooth at all times.

ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE IN THE READ ME. THE CREDITS ARE THERE ASWELL.

Have fun boys

Last edited:
Renault Clio IV RS EDC Trophy 2016 Public Release !!!!
Download:https://sharemods.com/bi4jqwp764ja/clio_220_edc_2016_1.0.zip.html
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics by VR Driving
-Lods Help Norms
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@filemissing,@Mascot,and others
Can people with FFB wheels please test the cornering under load and report back?
I get a horribly fake on/off seesawing force through my DD wheel when approaching slip angles.
Aesthetically it's a lovely little car inside and out but I feel like there's something critically wrong with the current physics.

This what you mean?

sorry I was talking about this one
onboardthrottle-png.393086

Can people with FFB wheels please test the cornering under load and report back?
I get a horribly fake on/off seesawing force through my DD wheel when approaching slip angles.
Aesthetically it's a lovely little car inside and out but I feel like there's something critically wrong with the current physics.
I confirm that. Thrustmaster T300 RS.

Is the THR vintage version no good? As @SthrnOldskool says, the layout hasn't changed since the circuit was built, so it's effectively just a re-skin. I have it downloaded, but I haven't raced on it myself yet.

The track layout did not change I know that but the whole atmosphere is different on a modern track like runoffs, modern spectators, pit buildings and vegetation can be different. I will have a look at the THR file.
Sadly when I click on the vintage link it returns a dead link :(

Same here, MOZA R5, but only off throttle and not fully understeering. Under load its OK.

Attachments

• Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_tochigi_racing_ring_9-5-123-20-34-42.jpg
    Screenshot_clio_220_edc_2016_tochigi_racing_ring_9-5-123-20-34-42.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 4
Woodside 1967 Australia - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/woodside-1-0.26115/

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• Woodside 1967.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
One more edition in Le Mans practice (still missing some important cars, 365P2, 206 Dino, improving the Alpine A210, as well as the Matra 620-BRM)

Le Mans 1966 edition

FORD GT40 - Gurney/Grant - Pole Postion

FERRARI 330P3 ( fictional ) - Bandini/Guichet - 8th qualifying

PORSCHE 906LH ( adapted conversion ) - Siffert/Davis - 22th quallifying

Sharing this here before someome posts an ACTK link.

Originally planned to be based on the Gran Turismo model, this little car mod has been works since more than 2 months. At about halfway through the touching-up of the GT4 model I realized that it should have been scratch-made since that model is nearly impossible to be fixed properly (like a cardboard car), so I studied multiple car modeling tutorials on YouTube and started everything on the car from scratch based on a blueprint I found on the web. Please note that the model is still highly inaccurate (especially at the A-pillar) as this is my first ever scratch-made model of a car and the available blueprints are like 700x600 resolution and I don't want to pay about $30 for the vector.
Interior was exclusively made with photomatching technique except for the steering wheel.

As for the performance I had 110fps with my trusty old 1070 Ti on Tsukuba during hotlap on mostly highest settings and 75-110 in a 16 car race. Model is extremely high-poly as I can't model properly with low subdivision Levels Viewport and I like details so the overall triangle count is 1600000 which is madness. Still many many details missing because I don't have the talent to model everything. This is about the same polygon count as Gran Turismo Sport/7 models (no not even relatively close in quality lol)

On the good side though, 4 LODs take care of the relatively decent performance so hopefully you shouldn't worry about it. Car physics was supposed to be mainly a copy-paste of the Abarth 595SS back when I used the GT4 model but now from my understanding the car has accurate gear ratios, edited suspensions, fueltank, consumption, tyres and of course parameters. I ran 1:33 on Tsukuba (Best Motoring race record was 1:34)

Model is based on the KP100P R (1996-1997) version, and every skin made by me is based on a car you will find on the internet. You can remove the wheelcover and only leave the front wheel but it wasn't modeled to look like the models that don't have the wheelcovers on the front in mind. This car served as the main reference: https://toprankglobal.jp/stockdetail/32835/1997 Daihatsu MIDGET II

I'm aware of most problems/bugs but if you notice something, send me a DM on Discord (you can find me on ACFSK server), most notable bugs are the shadows, the wipers hardly wiping (let's say it's unique to this car lol), and the glitchy driver animations that has been made with Stereo's Blender rig. Please note that it's very difficult to get the driver model working properly since Kunos used 3dsMax and I can't even animate shifting in Blender so the driver is just basically shifting low in the air.If a modder who has the talent to do proper animations for the driver in this car, contact me, we'll sort this out :)

Want to use the model? Contact me and maybe we can talk about it!

Look out for a race version in the next update soon.

DOWNLOAD: https://sharemods.com/tm940qs0rofr/daihatsu_midget_dtype_1.0.zip.html
DOWNLOAD SKINNING KIT (READ README FILE): https://sharemods.com/00pagl7jeanu/midget_mod_skinning_kit.zip.html

If you want me to continue modding please share the original link, preferably this video.

If you appreciate how I worked on this mod for 2+ months and delivered this to you for free in the times when even a frickin' PP filter and a single paintjob costs money for AC, but want to help me financially, please donate: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/TheNuvolari19?country.x=HU&locale.x=hu_HU
(One step closer to buy the closed beta of WOTW :D)

Credits: TheNuvolari - Model, physics
XAVITHEHOBBIT - Resources help, Red Corsa skin, testing
Alexliveryhouse - Testing
Koldo83 - Fixing refraction headlights
ChemFlummi - adding proper parameters to refraction headlights

Screenshot_daihatsu_midget_dtype_ddm_gt5_gion_kyoto_26-4-123-13-6-17.jpg

Screenshot_daihatsu_midget_dtype_ddm_gts_tsukuba_23-4-123-15-49-41.jpg

Screenshot_daihatsu_midget_dtype_ddm_gts_tsukuba_26-4-123-11-3-6.png

Screenshot_daihatsu_midget_dtype_subway_26-4-123-13-4-43.png

__custom_showroom_1685008805.png

Screenshot_daihatsu_midget_dtype_ddm_gts_tsukuba_26-4-123-13-0-10.png

Screenshot_daihatsu_midget_dtype_ddm_gts_tsukuba_26-4-123-13-1-1.png

Screenshot_daihatsu_midget_dtype_ddm_gts_tsukuba_26-4-123-12-59-17.png

Screenshot_daihatsu_midget_dtype_ddm_gts_tsukuba_26-4-123-13-1-45.png

Please don't quote or DM me on this site because I'm not active here anymore, contact me on my YouTube channel or Discord, or even RaceDepartment

Last edited:
DON'T TAKE CARE ABOUT THE CAR. DON'T TAKE CARE ABOUT THE TRACK

Anyone have idea on what can be the cause of this thing when you "take the corner too fast" (basically the car is understeering). Latest CSP Patreon and penultimate SOL version. (I have this issue from weeks), it look like some car shadow problem but is not linked to any specific car

Thanks

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back