Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,518 comments
So I recently moved my AC installation to a brand new SSD and lost some of my old settings.
I was able to restore most of them... albeit with one caveat that's actually served to be rather irritating so far.

The rear camera (look behind) placement is suddenly far higher than it used to be.
View attachment 1345536

I use the "BACC - Forza Horizon" Chaser Camera script from RaceDepartment (Overtake) and had been using it prior to the game being moved, and never had this problem before. For context, this is how I have it currently set up when looking in front from third person.

View attachment 1345537

Anyone know how I can fix this? This is present on every vehicle and is not related to the mod shown here.
Aight, so a re-install was needed (multiple other things were messed up), and the majority of stuff has been fixed, though I still can't seem to find a way to fix this issue, despite my best efforts.

If anyone knows, please get in touch!

Also.. not sure if anyone else has come across this issue, but I've noticed that as of late I can't use a preview where the wheels are turned, or else for some vehicles... THIS happens;

preview.jpg

Whether its Kunos cars, or modded cars.. this seems to happen and I don't know the fix.

If the wheels AREN'T turned, there's no issue. I've tried ticking and unticking the 'extended physics' to see if that had anything to do with it, but nada.

... Keke Rosberg was cooler than all drivers in the last 10 years put together...
As Prince said, is the Sign 'O' the Times... 🙄
... I can't use a preview where the wheels are turned, or else for some vehicles... THIS happens...
It seems as if the car wants to walk by slowly so as not to wake anyone...

Last edited:
I finished my Hungaroring ACC mod, but I have a bit of a problem with regards to sharing it. I 'borrowed' all the trackside objects (things like lights poles, safety trucks, etc.) from the Fenryr version because I didn't see a reason to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Problem is, releasing it with his work would kind of be a d@@k move. I could easily strip them, but then the track looks really empty.

I actually converted the Fenryr version to look like this because honestly, his version is tremendous with the separate GT and F1 layouts. I just didn't like his choice for tree and grass textures, but changing them wasn't possible as a simple track skin. I needed to alter shader types and values, tree models, etc. Basically, I had to make new kn5 files. Because of this, I can't make that one available either because that would also be a d@@k move.

So i've got a bit of a decision to make on what to do. Anyways, this is how it would look compared to the original. Maybe you like it or maybe you prefer the original.

Original:
View attachment 1345709

New:
View attachment 1345710
Which Hungaroring did you re-work? The Fenryr one 0.3? If so, why bother? Fenryr also converted and ripped it from ACC and sold it on his patreon, so if he complains, for which reason then? He has no property on anything he converts and sells, neither "his" Bahrain nor "his" Valencia circuit, to name a few. I think we have seen really bad moves in AC modding but this I would not count into. You just reworked and refined something which was in alpha state.

Aight, so a re-install was needed (multiple other things were messed up), and the majority of stuff has been fixed, though I still can't seem to find a way to fix this issue, despite my best efforts.

If anyone knows, please get in touch!

Also.. not sure if anyone else has come across this issue, but I've noticed that as of late I can't use a preview where the wheels are turned, or else for some vehicles... THIS happens;

View attachment 1345723

Whether its Kunos cars, or modded cars.. this seems to happen and I don't know the fix.

If the wheels AREN'T turned, there's no issue. I've tried ticking and unticking the 'extended physics' to see if that had anything to do with it, but nada.
Just turn the wheels no more than 18 degrees. Looks still decent and it´s fixed.

Which Hungaroring did you re-work? The Fenryr one 0.3? If so, why bother? Fenryr also converted and ripped it from ACC and sold it on his patreon, so if he complains, for which reason then? He has no property on anything he converts and sells, neither "his" Bahrain nor "his" Valencia circuit, to name a few. I think we have seen really bad moves in AC modding but this I would not count into. You just reworked and refined something which was in alpha state.
I reworked the ts_HungaroringACC_0.3 version that was reworked by someone else who's name I forget. I believe the Fenryr version was based off a similar base model because everything I did on his to make it look like my picture lined up perfectly with the ts version I started with.

As to why I did it, mostly because there is a certain way I like tracks too look. I hated the way the original ts version looked. The grass textures looked terrible on my end. The Fenryr version was a great upgrade over the original with the extra objects and layouts, but again, I did not like his choices for the trees and grass. So I made them look the way I prefer. Plus I fixed a few misaligned objects he had on his version. For example, one of the jumbotron's was too low and crooked on it's stand.

This is at 15 degrees.
View attachment 1345732

Still broken on my end.
weird, doesn't do that for me ...
1712864777513.png

Disable the extension folder and try again (rename it to something else).
the Kunos Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale doesn't have an extension folder...

I wish I had any idea for you to try...
💡 try and install it from scratch... here is a copy of mine (make a backup first if you have custom skins , and then do clean install of the car, after you can copy over your extra skins should you have some)

EDIT: darn, I just remembered, if you have this with ALL mods, it's not related to the car at all...

Last edited:
EDIT: darn, I just remembered, if you have this with ALL mods, it's not related to the car at all...
It only seems to be certain vehicles, the Abarth 595 SS is another vehicle where this issue is present for example.
Some modded vehicles I had tried too also have this issue.

I finished my Hungaroring ACC mod, but I have a bit of a problem with regards to sharing it. I 'borrowed' all the trackside objects (things like lights poles, safety trucks, etc.) from the Fenryr version because I didn't see a reason to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Problem is, releasing it with his work would kind of be a d@@k move. I could easily strip them, but then the track looks really empty.

I actually converted the Fenryr version to look like this because honestly, his version is tremendous with the separate GT and F1 layouts. I just didn't like his choice for tree and grass textures, but changing them wasn't possible as a simple track skin. I needed to alter shader types and values, tree models, etc. Basically, I had to make new kn5 files. Because of this, I can't make that one available either because that would also be a d@@k move.

So i've got a bit of a decision to make on what to do. Anyways, this is how it would look compared to the original. Maybe you like it or maybe you prefer the original.

Original:
View attachment 1345709

New:
View attachment 1345710
Reach out to Fenryr, either via YouTube or his Patreon. He's very receptive of feedback, from my experience. Perhaps a collaboration can be worked out.

Fenryr Hungaroring YouTube

For what it's worth, I think Fenryr's Hungaroring is excellent. He's not a perfect creator by any means, and I'm not wild about Patreon subscriptions for meshes that clearly aren't his own - but his work is essential in getting extremely accurate conversions into the most important simulator in the world. He's supplied sorely needed weak spots for AC - Bahrain, COTA, and Losail stick out as mediocre-to-awful representation in AC before his conversions came along.

He gets a bit of heat around heere, and while I agree with the criticisms, I actually am of the opinion that he could use some help, with regards to some of his work's more obvious mistakes - it seems as if he's a one man operation.

Last edited:
Anyone noticing damaged/stopped AI cars won't teleport to pits anymore and just sit there for the whole race? These are my current AI Tweaks settings. Intuitively, you would think the "Teleport to pits if taken too much damage" should solve the problem. Actually I think it does for the most part, but it seems maybe 50 to 60% of the time, some cars will just sit there on the side of the track in the grass. Which also seems to make the AI coming near the disabled car to drive slowly and perhaps driving like they are a little confused... Anyone know of a fix?

My current AI settings:
View attachment 1345715View attachment 1345714
I wish they would just stay there, because for me - no matter what I have selected, they teleport back and leave the pits again! this only began happening around 3 weeks ago, and it's driving my insane.
they also used to do 3-4 laps in practice /qualifying and go out again, not they stay out forever, until low on fuel for about 10 laps.

Last edited:
lets support him guys. this is great news: https://www.patreon.com/posts/102166516
Interesting car. For the sake of VR users everywhere I hope the cockpit ergonomics are overhauled.
It puts a whole new meaning to the term 'seat belt'.

Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_piddy_11-4-124-22-23-43.jpg

There's absolutely nowhere for the driver's (or passenger's legs) to go either.
Still a beta so some hope exists.... but something isn't right.

Seems like the real car has pretty normal footwells.

1712871138353.png

Last edited:

Original:
View attachment 1345709

New:
View attachment 1345710
Fenryr track is a conversion, so you will "stole" nothing that is not already "stolen" (stole and stolen words volountarly in the "" to underline the less value of the words itself). If you want to be extremely honest and polite, just credit him for the "original conversion" of the assets then go ahead on your road. Let me know if you want the asset i reworked as said weeks ago on the first post.

This is at 15 degrees.
View attachment 1345732

Still broken on my end.
Seems like for now, the best solution is to leave the steering lock alone and keep it at 0.

preview.jpg

Unfortunate, but appears to be the fix on my end for now.

I do wonder if its certain settings within CSP that are causing it, perhaps if someone is willing to send their CSP preset (where its working fine on their end with steering lock) I can try and have a look?

Last edited:
Interesting car. For the sake of VR users everywhere I hope the cockpit ergonomics are overhauled.
It puts a whole new meaning to the term 'seat belt'.

View attachment 1345785

There's absolutely nowhere for the driver's (or passenger's legs) to go either.
Still a beta so some hope exists.... but something isn't right.

Seems like the real car has pretty normal footwells.

View attachment 1345786
its a first beta. and a strach build car. so imporewenemts will come surely. just lets give positive feedback please. this is a legend car for all nfs2 fans.

its a first beta. and a strach build car. so imporewenemts will come surely. just lets give positive feedback please. this is a legend car for all nfs2 fans.
Yeah, let's pretend the cockpit ergonomics are just fine so they stay exactly the same for the final release.
You do know that betas are released for testing so that all feedback, positive and negative, can be fed back to the creator?
There's absolutely no good reason to "just lets give positive feedback please", it's pointlessly one-sided and doing this won't help the creator at all. Constructive criticism about objectively bad things is incredibly important.
Ignoring issues won't lead to a better car.

And no, that's not Port Newark.

it is a WIP but unfortunately the AO mapping....

Is bad....and i mean Really bad....
Hmm... Interesting. I almost want to take a swing at the project, as specially creating this beauty.

default.jpg

But I already have my hands full with other project, so I wish you good luck.
Release this weekend
View attachment 1345737

------------------------------------------------Audi VGT-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
GR.1
View attachment 1345740
GR.3
View attachment 1345739
GR.2
View attachment 1345738
This is cool! Any updates on the S7.R Evo?

To complete the 1976 season (non-existent versions) in the mod (original), being that of the Spanish GP (an adaptation that did not exist).

The 5 models are:
Brazil Gp-Emerson / USA Long Beach Gp-Ingo
France GP
Spain GP
USA Long Beach GP-Emerson
Season (which comprises the car used in most GPs of the 1976 season).

COPERSUCAR FD04 - 5 VERSIONS ( 1976 )

***Always remember, it's not 100% perfect (but to complete the season's grid I believe it's worth the fun).
The texture improvements, as most of the time, were left to the mate "MrHunt"...

****If there is something wrong with the sharing, it is at the discretion of the moderators.
do u maybe have a link where we can find all of ur mods?

Seems like for now, the best solution is to leave the steering lock alone and keep it at 0.

Unfortunate, but appears to be the fix on my end for now.

I do wonder if its certain settings within CSP that are causing it, perhaps if someone is willing to send their CSP preset (where its working fine on their end with steering lock) I can try and have a look?
As soon as the steering is not at 0, I have the same problem again and again. But mostly with mod cars. Kunos vehicles normally work without any problems.
So far I haven't found a general solution for all cars

24H
As soon as the steering is not at 0, I have the same problem again and again. But mostly with mod cars. Kunos vehicles normally work without any problems.
So far I haven't found a general solution for all cars
Its bizarre becuase I did not previously have this issue before, unless this has become a more recent problem introduced in the newer CSP builds (I'm on the latest, 0.2.3 preview211 for context).

I thought I had broken something when I moved my installation over to a new SSD, but even a fresh install hasn't fixed this, so I ain't sure what's going on.

That on top of the overly high camera view when looking behind in third person, still haven't found a proper fix for that either.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back