Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,759 comments
Still a lot to do. The adaptations begin with the Matra/1968 model (by Legion)

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1713045220.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1713045220.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 10
  • __custom_showroom_1713045304.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1713045304.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 11
  • __custom_showroom_1713045397.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1713045397.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 10
It's release Friday again! :)

IMOLA 1972 release (only here)

This track was made by Reiza for Automobilista. It was converted to Assetto Corsa by Terra21. Later is was updated by third. This is a overhaul done by Rainmaker in 2024.

v2.0 changelog:
-shader overhaul
-new loading screens
-new AI
-fixed trees
-new UI and data
-new overlays for Time Attack mode
-fixed double sided objects
-added new sections file by Fanapryde
-added vintage spectators
-deleted some double objects that made mismatches
-debug for key objects
-fixed some lods
-moved spectators on pit building to correct position
-added geo location
-fixed walls
-fixed some normals
-wider starting grid for better starts
-added option to removed 2d crowds: open the ext_config.ini in the extension folder scroll down to last ";remove 2d crowds" and set ACTIVE = 1

Get always the latest version here:

View attachment 1345874
View attachment 1345875
View attachment 1345876

For some reason I can run with only one opponent.. it doesn't matter if I try race, weekend or trackday. Is this a known limit right now?

Yeah + updated shaders and mclaren

No it isn't, but depending on how things goes, we might have a big surprise for the 2008 mod ;)
Hi, for 2008 the textures of the internal views could also be improved; many sponsors seen from the inside seem grainy and even the internal labels...maybe even reach the 2007 level...thank you always for your work

LoL, I just figured this out and was going to post the solution as you did. Although I didn't have to change the BLEND_MODE to fix the funcup. Maybe I should add that anyway? ... EDIT: @Quikslvr, have you found a SHADER replacement that has a little bit of tint to it? I've replaced the small windscreen on an old vintage f1 car, but the ksWindscreen is so clear that it is hard to tell there is actual glass in the little windscreen. No biggie, but if you know of a way to replace with a tinted or darker glass, lemme know. It's the one in the pic below. The little windscreen has no edge or bezel which makes it harder to tell there is actual glass in the mount with the shader replacement implemented.
@Teddie Nice job figuring it out independently...I needed a lot of help. :) Glad it also fixed your TAA issue. Specifying ALPHA_BLEND may not be necessary; the key, I think, is just ensuring that the shader for the internal glass is ksWindscreen.

I know exactly what you're talking about with the frameless windscreens that are so clear they just "disappear." I've just been messing with some properties to see if I could come up with something, but no luck. But I'm no modder...I'm sure somebody on here could put their finger on the solution pretty easily.

@Teddie Nice job figuring it out independently...I needed a lot of help. :) Glad it also fixed your TAA issue. Specifying ALPHA_BLEND may not be necessary; the key, I think, is just ensuring that the shader for the internal glass is ksWindscreen.

I know exactly what you're talking about with the frameless windscreens that are so clear they just "disappear." I've just been messing with some properties to see if I could come up with something, but no luck. But I'm no modder...I'm sure somebody on here could put their finger on the solution pretty easily.
Totally appreciate you taking a stab at it, brother. If I find a solution to the 'tinting' thing, I'll definitely share it with you.

Last edited:
For sure if you can make it better than the one from EX MOD then, DO IT!!

1713065617658.png

24H
Non lighted digital screen like the RSS 1986 V6 you cant see anything on it with LCS active.
Personnaly LCS is too "washed out" for my taste

love the mod! but is there a addon mod for this that add realistic ai and car performances....really ruins the emersion when lotus or those lower teams battle for a top 5/win...thanks!

With the recent release of the '88 Corvette GTP, was there ever an '88 GTP version of the 962c? Specifically with the big rear decklid scoop and front "dive planes"? With the Corvette addition to the Nissan GTP, and some XJR-9s, there is almost a full high quality 1988 IMSA GTP grid. Would still love to see the PCARS2 Castrol high downforce Jaguar XJR-9 make it over to AC

https://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1988/Road_America-1988-07-17-014.jpg
https://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1988/Watkins_Glen-1988-07-03-086.jpg

Last edited:
With the recent release of the '88 Corvette GTP, was there ever an '88 GTP version of the 962c? Specifically with the big rear decklid scoop and front "dive planes"? With the Corvette addition to the Nissan GTP, and some XJR-9s, there is almost a full high quality 1988 IMSA GTP grid. Would still love to see the PCARS2 Castrol high downforce Jaguar XJR-9 make it over to AC

https://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1988/Road_America-1988-07-17-014.jpg
https://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1988/Watkins_Glen-1988-07-03-086.jpg
I converted it from GTR2 eons ago but yeah, being a GTR2 model it looks like peepeepoopoo.

Capture d'écran 2024-04-14 080816.png

Capture d'écran 2024-04-14 080828.png

Capture d'écran 2024-04-14 080838.png

__custom_showroom_1653047411.jpg

All I have are those screenshots; the mods are on my dead PC so can't retrieve these POS.

If ya want them so much I could start all over again tho. But it's huge - there's, like, a gazillion body variants.

Last edited:
I just tried LCS and I love it. Certain bugs and quirks occur under certain circumstances and/or specific tracks, but driving at night on Bathurst is just on next level for me.
Here are some photo comparisons.

PURE
DEFAULT FILTER

View attachment 1346266

PURE
REALITY FILTER

View attachment 1346277

LCS
PURELIFE LCS FILTER

View attachment 1346278

...and Bathurst.

PURE

View attachment 1346280

PURE
REALITYFILTER

View attachment 1346281

LCS
PURELIFE LCS FILTER

View attachment 1346282

What are your experiences?
But the main differences in this pictures is NOT LCS. This has more to do with postprocessing and a different taste. If this is the same time/date, why should it be so bright in nighttimes.

Here is a current comparison between a MATCHED gamma and lcs integration:

With the next Pure version you can test this, but only for daytimes. There are thousands of little problems to be solved and as you see in the picture also in CSP the shaders will also need many work. But we should actually see it as a techdemo, BUT the differences are on shader level and NOT postprocessing. Gamms vs. LCS is not a brighter or more contrast picture or what so ever. The differences are a different math when calculating color / lights in the shader. So the overall picture should look the same in terms of brightness and contrast.

So here you can see a good example of how colors are differently calcualted:

And this results in a different presentation when you have many structures with different lights and shadows in the view. That is where LCS shines. Also the fog algorithm was changed with the LCS shaders:

But the main differences in this pictures is NOT LCS. This has more to do with postprocessing and a different taste. If this is the same time/date, why should it be so bright in nighttimes.

Here is a current comparison between a MATCHED gamma and lcs integration:

With the next Pure version you can test this, but only for daytimes. There are thousands of little problems to be solved and as you see in the picture also in CSP the shaders will also need many work. But we should actually see it as a techdemo, BUT the differences are on shader level and NOT postprocessing. Gamms vs. LCS is not a brighter or more contrast picture or what so ever. The differences are a different math when calculating color / lights in the shader. So the overall picture should look the same in terms of brightness and contrast.

So here you can see a good example of how colors are differently calcualted:

And this results in a different presentation when you have many structures with different lights and shadows in the view. That is where LCS shines. Also the fog algorithm was changed with the LCS shaders:
Hi Peter, i rarely post on here but soak up everything on this forum daily.
Personaly, i cannot see that much difference. To throw away years of Pure dev. and to start again rebuilding features as and when you can seems like a pain in the butt for you and everyone else for what appears small gain in quality if any.
Surely, with ACE around the next corner would it not be better to wait and see what it offers in terms of if or not everyone dumps on AC overnight (which i doubt).
If as i suspect, the new version does not replace AC then yeah, give it the future development.
Heck, i am looking forward to the mist option which may or maybe not be put on the shelf because of this LCS readjustment.
Anyway, i love what you have always done to raise the level of this sim.

It’s tricky to judge on a screen shot and I do not know if it’s at the cost of FPS nor it’s prone to decrease dynamic visual defects like shimmer, blurring or jaggies.
Could be I have to experience this in my own headset, only hope it’s not one of those “magnifier” improvements, prefer to have the real direct to notice improvements, like some of the aliasing techniques and Nvidia VRS in CM.

Last edited:
Remove:
  • assettocorsa\extension\config\gui.ini
  • \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\gui.ini
and all other gui.ini you have there

then reinstall CSP manually
thanks Peter!
I'm not gonna go that radical for now, as apart from that 2nd GUI entry all works fine (afaik).

these 2 locations you gave did contain files called GUI_copy.ini , which I deleted and the problem is solved for me...

Bless you and thanks a million for your efforts on LCS and Pure! 👍

EDIT: in the blind poll I did last Tuesday (here ), it's now 20 to 1 in favor of pic B (which was with ... LCS)

Last edited:
uncrypted

yep i change this
Thanks. There's also an issue with the wiper, part of it is not included in the group, so it gets left behind during the sweep animation.
Can this be fixed too please?

Edit: Also, shifting is currently set up as h-pattern, but shouldn't this car be sequential?
Should perhaps be SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0 in drivetrain.ini?

Screenshot_f302_corvette_gtp_palm_beach_14-4-124-9-46-23.jpg

Last edited:
24H
can you share your preview settings pls ? I tried w defaults from Opperslang, and it comes out with too little reflections:
1713084811892.png

compared to my go-to atm:
1713084843488.png

this level of reflection is much closer to the one in-game ...

also note that the reflectiveness slider doesn't seem to impact any of the previews when rendered with CSP:
1713084981791.png

MCG ppfilter from racedepartment is pretty good
can you pls share a link? ( can't find anything on racedepartment for "MCG" under Assetto Corsa ... )

Hi, for 2008 the textures of the internal views could also be improved; many sponsors seen from the inside seem grainy and even the internal labels...maybe even reach the 2007 level...thank you always for your work
Send me pictures of what you mean

Send me pictures of what you mean
To you...this is what I notice above all from the internal view with which I am used to driving....thank you very much

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-14 111846.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 111846.png
    269.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 112024.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 112024.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 112113.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 112113.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 112223.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 112223.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 112417.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 112417.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 112450.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 112450.png
    321.2 KB · Views: 11
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back