Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,188 comments
F1 2009 Sim Dream re-work done.
Cars shaders updated, Cars shadows fixed, Rain light added , Physics ( Tyres, Cars Weight ) fixed, 3d Models fixed to match physics, data.acd fixed, ui fixed, all helmets and visors created ( driver_80 model ) and a lot of minors stuffs corrected.
To do...maybe, if somebody help me, proper rims blur, brake disc glow ( 3d object are really mess )
P.M me if you have the mod base and want the updated 2009 link :)
View attachment 850730 View attachment 850731 View attachment 850732 View attachment 850733View attachment 850734 View attachment 850735 View attachment 850736 View attachment 850737 View attachment 850738 View attachment 850739
Is there a way for the ProTyres app to read the data? When I unpack the data.acd, the files are unreadable. Encryption or different language?

I´m just making new definitions that I´ll publish on RD when halfway done. :)
Making the same for tracks too. Just trying to find good icons, logos.
Or if you´re interested, I can publish it sooner and you, or whoever wants, can help improving it. ;)

As threatened before ;)
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...tegories-and-flags-for-content-manager.28714/
Just a starting point.... :)

car-categories3.png

This is great.
I have a question slider, when I look at what defines your types, as in say:

"name": "Classic",
"filter": "tag:#vintage | tag:vintage | year<1980",

"name": "Drift",
"filter": "tag:drift | tag:#drift | drift",

Is this rewriting the kunos formula or are you using the existing method of defining classes?
Last night I tried to get some cars categorized and was unsuccessful. If anyone is like me, they have a bunch of F1 cars categorized OUTSIDE of "Open Wheel".

This is great.
I have a question slider, ...

Is this rewriting the kunos formula or are you using the existing method of defining classes?
Last night I tried to get some cars categorized and was unsuccessful. If anyone is like me, they have a bunch of F1 cars categorized OUTSIDE of "Open Wheel".
I think half/half existing ones and reorganized filter. :)
As you can see in ..\Car Categories\Series.json my F1 cars are tagged "F1" or "Formula 1" (not all unfortunately :) ) and the year could be used too. Combining different techniques to break it down. :)
This filters F1 cars older than 1993:

Code:
    "name": "1: F1 - before 1993",
    "description": "Formula 1 - before 1993",
    "filter": "tag:`\\b(Formula 1|F1)\\b` & year<1993",
    "icon": "FIA_F1_before_1993.png"

In ..\Track Categories\Series.json the same principles are used for finding older F1 tracks. :)
A little bit annoying is that you have to define it twice and double/triple the amount of logos/icons too. Once under "Origin Icons", "Car Categories" and last but not least "Track Categories".

PS: Oh I didn´t touched "Types" yet. These are original CM ones. I made a new json for "Series" where I define how to filter different car series. :)

PPS: We can put this in a new thread to discus and improving it or use RD support page. Or even someone else with more spare time and patience can overtake this. :)
I´m surely not interested in defining every series or minor definitions other are interested of. :)

Last edited:
Is there a way for the ProTyres app to read the data? When I unpack the data.acd, the files are unreadable. Encryption or different language?
I thinks you tried to unpack the data.acd of bmw sauber, all other cars works fine and you can unpack .acd like all other cars and mod..... for the sauber you need to rename the folder from f1_2009_bmwsauber_SM to f1_2009_bmw_sauber_SM and all work fine ( car ingame and unpack data.acd )

70032516_10214642261273423_9108027236966989824_o.jpg

Honda Civic Type R FD2 released by Esprit!

AND its not encrypted!

https://sharemods.com/gk2iny1fv6yj/ddm_honda_civic_type_r_2008.rar.html

Finally got around to testing this and it's great. One detail I love in Esprit's cars is the glow the illuminated instruments project onto their dashboard cowls at night. Really adds to the realism.
This car seems to have an issue with the analogue speedo during the day though - the numbers don't show up on the dial until you turn the headlights on. And the LCD screen in the centre console is far too bright at night, too much glare.
Also, there's no preload on the shift animation (easily fixed though).
For those that use ProTyres app, the tyres.ini in data folder need minor edit to be read by the app. At the beginning of each tyre set...
Change this:

;

SEMISLICKS

to

; SEMISLICKS

Also, there are no F6 cameras. Here is mine.
https://mega.nz/#!lOg1XSRC!yiM9rEm-m_c5CBJRqvgfD9ky0KS1UzuOY8i38kVbtcQ

I thinks you tried to unpack the data.acd of bmw sauber, all other cars works fine and you can unpack .acd like all other cars and mod..... for the sauber you need to rename the folder from f1_2009_bmwsauber_SM to f1_2009_bmw_sauber_SM and all work fine ( car ingame and unpack data.acd )
Have not touched the BMW Sauber yet. I unpacked the data for the Brawn car. Just unpacked the McLaren data, and got the same thing. When I open .ini files (example: camera.ini, tyres.ini), the info is not readable.

PPS: We can put this in a new thread to discus and improving it or use RD support page. Or even someone else with more spare time and patience can overtake this. :)
I´m surely not interested in defining every series or minor definitions other are interested of. :)

We can start a new thread if you'd like. I don't know why anybody else wouldn't want to have their cars actually classified correctly instead of just all over the map forcing us to use search engine lingo. Maybe making this more open to people would allow them to edit themselves to see their Content Manager fit as they's like to see it. This really is good stuff that modders should have a set of standards to make sure their cars are in a organized, "agreed" upon type/class/category.

PS: Oh I didn´t touched "Types" yet. These are original CM ones. I made a new json for "Series" where I define how to filter different car series. :)

I've searched all through my assettocorsa main folder, and subfolders within, where are you finding this "types" json at? Where is the original kunos "types" file at?

Sorry, here the new version. Didn´t seen there was a pre-build vao-patch available. With this patch 3d grass got to bright.
3d grass now darkened more, horrizon darkened a bit, medium billboards removed too.

Wow, many thanks for your quick help. This community is lovely. :cheers:

Have not touched the BMW Sauber yet. I unpacked the data for the Brawn car. Just unpacked the McLaren data, and got the same thing. When I open .ini files (example: camera.ini, tyres.ini), the info is not readable.
Capture.JPG

Just unpacked McLaren now, work fine.... delete all cars ( sim dream version ) and install my reworked cars set... and rename f1_2009_bmwsauber_SM to f1_2009_bmw_sauber_SM

HI !

Does someone has those car ? I can't find them.

- Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 LM 1995
- Jaguar XJR14
- Mazda RX-792P
- Toyota TS010
- F1 1994 (ACFL)
- F1 2006 (ACFL)
- McLaren MP4/5 1989 (ACFL)
- Williams FW07 (ACFL)
- Williams FW11B (ACFL)
- Williams FW15C (ACFL)
- Williams FW18 (ACFL)
- Renault RE30 (ACFL)
- Benetton B194 (ACFL)
- Stock Car 2017 (ACFL)

Hi gents,
Finally I found her!
48725873383_38692f31cb_b.jpg

Not the one at assettoland, the files are encrypted, but on YT, and in accordance with this page:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2019/2685290/bmw_m2_competition_6-speed.html
I edited the data, ui and perfs. Physics look good to me but unfortunatly I never drove a M2 Competition :irked:
You can get it here: https://mega.nz/#!Iw8RBIYb!Kt0_K6-4_UdfCs_r6-e0BobC5Rri5QXGDm_rM0ql3Zo
Have fun, Mike.
Havent tried it yet, but i own a real M2 Competition. from the pic the ride height is too low

@slider666 with your config file the grass still looks weird...
I´ve installed the vao patch which is available on github via CM. Any ideas? Can you share your VAO patch?
I´ve redownloaded newest vao-patch and tweaked 3d gras even darker again.
sentul_circuit.jpg

Please test it again and give me feedback.
But you should delete all ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\sentul_circuit* first.
Then put newest extracted file in ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\sentul_circuit.ini

But... if it don´t work for you,
tweak these settings:

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_1]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = 3d grass a bit darker
MATERIALS = ?15179
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.5
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.01

Lower VALUE > darker
Higher VALUE > brighter

Please feedback your prefered value.

Attachments

• sentul_circuit.zip
    542 bytes · Views: 35
looks better right now but I could get rid of this 3d grass I think. What needs to be adjusted to have only the 2d grass?
Please try this replacement:
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = hide some objects
FILE = sentul_circuit.kn5
HIDE = Big_ad?, big_ad?, med_ad?, BBGR_HI1_KSLAYER?

Greetings GTPlanet People, I need your help once again! Does anybody know if there is a good Bentley Continental GT3 (2015) Mod for AC?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back