Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,077 comments
I'm nut sure if I understand correctly, but to get the look back function to work, you need to assign the function to a button.
That done (and there is no other way) you need before each drive push the button and choose the camera using F6. It will remember that for the whole session. For each new session (even if you use the same car) you need to do it again.
On top of that, not all cars have the look back cam correctly set up...
Thanks
A little ankward but better than nothing

Thanks
A little ankward but better than nothing
Yeah, I know. I asked RHM author about it a long time ago because I found it disturbing too, but there was no solution. And now the whole RHM is what it is, no more tweaks or updates.
I now mainly use it to get the horizon stable. Triple screens give me a view to all mirrors, so I barely use 'Look Back'.

Yeah, I know. I asked RHM author about it a long time ago because I found it disturbing too, but there was no solution. And now the whole RHM is what it is, no more tweaks or updates.
I now mainly use it to get the horizon stable. Triple screens give me a view to all mirrors, so I barely use 'Look Back'.
My PC is old and i cannot use triple screen... but next year i am gonna buy a better one with a Ultrawide samsung 49" monitor so i will be able to see all three mirrors too :)

Cool, didn't think Peter was still making mods.

Edit: anyone else getting a weird clipping sound with this car, like a kid's toy machine gun? Happens under throttle, and when sliding sideways...
I've got some kind of audio bug that I cannot pin down. It affects a lot of cars.
I verified Steam files but that didn't solve it.
It's driving me mad.
Does the car sound 'normal' to everyone else?

Audio drivers up to date? Windows volume level maxed out? Sometimes if you run through a soundcard that also amplifies it can cause the audio to clip if windows internal sound level is too high... Any other games do it? I haven't tried this car yet but if it makes a weird noise I'll let ya know.

Cool, didn't think Peter was still making mods.

Edit: anyone else getting a weird clipping sound with this car, like a kid's toy machine gun? Happens under throttle, and when sliding sideways...
I've got some kind of audio bug that I cannot pin down. It affects a lot of cars.
I verified Steam files but that didn't solve it.
It's driving me mad.
Does the car sound 'normal' to everyone else?
I know what sound you mean. The normal Chiron I have also has it. Maybe they used the Chiron sound as a base for the new Divo sound?

why do rss cars have these weird fuel limits? is this a bug or exactly the same as the real thing?
View attachment 839071

I haven't had any issue with fuel limits, some cars like the 550 GTS (Ferrucio 55 I think?) will say setup invalid on the default setup as the static ride height is too low, which can be fixed in a number of ways such as reducing fuel (weight), increasing ride height, stiffening the springs or increase tyre pressures. A lot of series regulate ride height now (sometimes used as BoP such as in TCR) so although I don't know the regulations on these specific GT cars I will trust that RSS is following them.

I know what sound you mean. The normal Chiron I have also has it. Maybe they used the Chiron sound as a base for the new Divo sound?
It's not just these cars though, it's happening to a LOT of my cars. I don't know if it's always been there and I've only just tuned into it, but I don't think this can be the case. It's REALLY annoying so I'm sure I'd have noticed it.
At first I thought it was the sound of the car bottoming out, or tyres rubbing against wheel arches. It's weird.

With that Bugatti Divo BadBoy Edition V1, the weird 'machine gun' sound starts almost as soon as you hit the throttle from a standing start in first gear. Like a guttural rattle. Hard to describe.
If a few of you could test it and report back I'd much appreciate it. I might be chasing a phantom that is affecting everyone.

Last edited:
It's not just these cars though, it's happening to a LOT of my cars. I don't know if it's always been there and I've only just tuned into it, but I don't think this can be the case. It's REALLY annoying so I'm sure I'd have noticed it.
At first I thought it was the sound of the car bottoming out, or tyres rubbing against wheel arches. It's weird.

With that Bugatti Divo BadBoy Edition V1, the weird 'machine gun' sound starts almost as soon as you hit the throttle from a standing start in first gear. Like a guttural rattle. Hard to describe.
If a few of you could test it and report back I'd much appreciate it. I might be chasing a phantom that is affecting everyone.
The "machine gun" sound also starts for me when accelerating but stops after 2-3 seconds. When I let go and accelerate again it starts again. I remember one other mod I recently downloaded having it too....dont know which one tho

EDIT: I only hear it outside of the car. While driving in first person I dont notice it at all

Last edited:

Soundwise I didn't notice anything wrong in either of my cars. Out of curiosity I installed this Divo and there are indeed some weird sounds present.
I get the 'machine gun', I get the 'tire rubbing' and a strange rev limiter sound too.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2003-fia-gt-jmb-racing-n-gt.28016/

preview-jpg.317512

New skin on RD
thanks for posting man

hi, does anyone have any tutorials teaching how to switch physics from one car to another car? I want to use the physics of the old car on the new 3D model.

Soundwise I didn't notice anything wrong in either of my cars. Out of curiosity I installed this Divo and there are indeed some weird sounds present.
I get the 'machine gun', I get the 'tire rubbing' and a strange rev limiter sound too.

The "machine gun" sound also starts for me when accelerating but stops after 2-3 seconds. When I let go and accelerate again it starts again. I remember one other mod I recently downloaded having it too....dont know which one tho

EDIT: I only hear it outside of the car. While driving in first person I dont notice it at all

Thanks, it's not just me then. That'll save me a lot of time.
The noise seems to come mainly from the rear speakers, so the rear of the car. But that might just be for RWD cars...
I'm starting to think it might be a corrupt wheelspin/tyre squeal sound file, as it seems to coincide with situations where the tyres are slipping (accelerating hard, exiting corners under power, sliding sideways, weaving from side to side).
I PM'd Ilja a few days ago to report that the CSP 'windows down' (ie, external sounds in every view) audio option appears broken, so it might be to do with that. I started testing this feature recently so that's maybe why this glitch is more noticeable in cockpit view for me, because I'm effectively using chase-cam audio in the cockpit. Maybe it'll be solved when Ilja fixes this feature. Maybe it's affecting that particular audio file, even if 'windows down' isn't selected.
It'd be interesting to test this car outside of Content Manager to see if it has this weird audio glitch. I can't do that as AC won't load in the vanilla launcher due to the number of cars I have. Does anyone here NOT use CM and able to test the Divo audio?

why do rss cars have these weird fuel limits? is this a bug or exactly the same as the real thing?
View attachment 839071
Nothing weird about what RSS does here.
Their defauls setup defined in suspensions.ini and setup.ini will default to a realistically low suspension setup.
These cars in the FIA GT series were running tire warmers.
If you start the session without tire warmers (like when choosing the default PRO session assists setup) the tires will start out in teh pits with ambient temperature.
Kunos even in the old AC simulates properly tire flex in teh physics calculation leading to the car sitting BELOW the legal lowest ride height.

You either have to use tire warmers as per allowed in the FIA GT to have the default setup be at legal minimum ride height even when the car sits in the pit or you have to run higher ride heights if you insist on running without tire warmers (NOT recommended as you will have an unrealistic handicap in terms of roll centers, aero efficiency, weight transfers, etc ...).

My PC is old and i cannot use triple screen... but next year i am gonna buy a better one with a Ultrawide samsung 49" monitor so i will be able to see all three mirrors too :)
If you can run the needed CPU and GPU specs a triple screen setup will definitely provide a better immersion as you "wrap around" the view a little more realistically.
This works of course only with racing sims that properly support multi view projection needed for triple screen setups.

I haven't had any issue with fuel limits, some cars like the 550 GTS (Ferrucio 55 I think?) will say setup invalid on the default setup as the static ride height is too low, which can be fixed in a number of ways such as reducing fuel (weight), increasing ride height, stiffening the springs or increase tyre pressures. A lot of series regulate ride height now (sometimes used as BoP such as in TCR) so although I don't know the regulations on these specific GT cars I will trust that RSS is following them.

See above - RSS uses indeed accurate specs for minimum ride heights, allowance for tire warmers and fairly realistic suspension default ride heights (although I find their setups need usually some serious work in terms of alignment and damper setups to produce realistic telemetry data - their default setups are usually on the too low, too stiff, too nervous side).

is there a way to define WHERE the point is which the mirrors show?

Within data.acd a section within the file car.ini defines point of views including the mirror point of view:
example (random mod car):

[GRAPHICS]
DRIVEREYES=0.36983,0.99232,-0.106552
ONBOARD_EXPOSURE=13
OUTBOARD_EXPOSURE=22
ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE=-0.035058
BUMPER_CAMERA_POS=0.0,0.22,2.40
BONNET_CAMERA_POS=0.000000,0.630000,0.870000
BONNET_CAMERA_PITCH=-1.281077
MIRROR_POSITION=0.0,1.3,0.5
USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=0
SHAKE_MUL=3
FUEL_LIGHT_MIN_LITERS=10

This defines the point of view of the mirrors - the mirror adjustment I simply do exclusively through the BLM car app for each car individually and never really mind any definition files to start with.
I love the BLM car app as it allows for such quick and easy perfect mirror adjustments and saves settings individually for each car = perfection ;-)

Masscot, just rename your Cars folder to CarsOLD and make a new folder "Cars" and throw some cars in it - test vanilla.
Thanks.
Tried vanilla AC launcher and the sound problem is still there.

I went back into CSP audio options and disabled/reenabled/disabled 'windows down' a few times, and did the same for 'use internal sounds everywhere'. Finished with both options disabled. The weird 'machine gun' sound in the cockpit seems to have gone, or at least is now VERY quiet. Chase cam still has it, so it seems to mainly affect the external audio.
Weirdly, I tried disabling 'windows down' a few days ago and it didn't solve the problem. It seems with CM/CSP you sometimes have to spam the tick box a few times for effects to take place.

Anyway, much happier now. Have switched back to normal cockpit audio and the problem is minimised and ignorable.
Shame really, as I do like to get the full throaty exhaust noise in the cockpit view, however 'unrealistic' that is. Maybe it is a CSP bug that'll be fixed. I'm thinking it's an audio bug with the exhaust note now, not tyres.

Thanks again for everyone's help and suggestions.

Thanks.
Tried vanilla AC launcher and the sound problem is still there.

I went back into CSP audio options and disabled/reenabled/disabled 'windows down' a few times,

I'll post on this tomorrow, audio oddities suck and highly annoying, especially when you have an elaborate audio setup - trouble shooting, working backwards is a hell of a lot more than just some with two speakers coming out of a card or on board audio. I went through a bunch of this same crap long ago so I'll give feedback tomorrow.

BTW - what is this 'windows down' option? Never seen it. I assume it uses outside engine note vs cockpit engine note?

BTW - what is this 'windows down' option? Never seen it. I assume it uses outside engine note vs cockpit engine note?
Ilja added an option a few updates ago called 'use external sounds everywhere' (or similar), which let you use the unmuffled chase-cam audio when sitting in the cockpit. For some reason he later renamed this 'windows down', but the functionality was supposed to be the same. At some point it got a little broken it seems, and audio would still change as you cycled through the cameras even with 'windows down' selected. He's investigating a fix for it (and will likely rename it to what it was before).
I'm guessing this might be partly responsible for this weird 'machine gun' glitch with external audio?

You select the 'windows down' option in the 'general' CSP settings tab, I think (I'm not at my rig atm).

You learn something new every day lol...… I wasn't aware of this feature in CM either.

Thanks Masscot for your explanation, it does sound like this may be the thing that's causing your audio problems.... Hope you get it fixed.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back