Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,092 comments
I could take a look at that, but it won't be for at least a week maybe, got a lot of other tracks in my que to work on 1st :bowdown: :banghead: :cheers:

That would be fantastic! I've been racing on this track with the AI a lot lately and some cars behave very weird in some corners. Some get stuck in the gravel at Mulsanne and for most the exit out of the last corner onto start/finish is weird (some get stuck in the gravel here, too).
It would be great to get a new AI by LiquidSkyMan for the best Le Mans version!

In light of recent update to BTCC cars from Shaun Clarke and updated skins from enkay74, I'm putting here (for those who don't want to fiddle with it themselves), BOP for season 2018 that i was fine tunning for some time now, as the cars don't run very well together. I managed to get them to run within 2-3 sec in quali and 20-30 sec in a 5 lap race on all 9 track of the 2018 season, with also being quite agressive and competitive between each other. I also managed to make them run quite inline with 2018 championship standings. I personaly added a Subaru wrx from Rollovers TCR V2 mod, as it is a very similar car to Levorg specwise (the skin is not the same, but fairly similar), but this is not obligatory. What you need to do:

- Get BTCC mod 2.1 (https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website/downloads)

- Get BTCC skins V2 (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2018-btcc-skin-pack-v2.32249/)

- Get Astra and AMG (links in skins folder readme)

- Get Rollovers TCR V2 pack for Subaru WRX (find it with google)

- Create a new tune with Assetto corsa tuner for BMW 125i and name it ''s1'', with only modification beeing ''increasing torque by precentage'' for 10% (If this is too much hustle for somebody, i could post a link to the car if wanted, hoppefully Shaun would not mind)

- Get my BOP (https://acstuff.ru/s/3un6)

For tracks, they are probabily all in your inventory, but for those looking:

- Silverstone national, Brands Hatch GP and Indy (Kunos) + PepperoniAC24 BTCC skin from RD for Silverstone

- Cork (Terra21 youtube + updates here on GTP a few pages back) + PepperoniAC24 skin from RD

- Thruxton (Race Department)

- Snetterton (Terra21 youtube + update here on GTP a few pages back) + PepperoniAC24 skin from RD

- Knockhill (Terra21 youtube)

- Donington Park (Racedepartment)

- Rockingham Motor Speedway RC (https://perendinator.blogspot.com/) – blog post from 14.4.2019

- Oulton Park (Terra21 youtube)

Enjoy. It's really great fun, especially driving Alfa, Audi or BMW. Others are ok aswell, except Ford Focus. That one was not updated by Shaun for some reason. I BOPed it, but it does not drive as nicely as the others and it also has no sound (fixed with CM), and has the blurry windshield bug.

bttc2018.jpg
thanks for taking time to do this. could you pm your bmw change as I don't know how to do this. im going to race these

In light of recent update to BTCC cars from Shaun Clarke and updated skins ...

Just upload the skin for Oulton Park on RD, really proud of it, new billboards but also: TV screen, new bridges and the "bricks in the grass" like in Brand Hatch (if someone know the name in english ^^) and more...

Next update, donington with surprising red/white and blue/white walls based on the 2019 race, knockhill almost finished too.

Here the track list of 2019 and best BTCC laps (I really like to match the best lap):
Brand Hatch Indy, 48.49
Donington Park, 1:09.64
Thruxton, 1:15.51
Croft, 1:21.73
Oulton Park, 1:25.82
Snetterton 300, 1:54.73
Thruxton 2, 1:15.87
Knockhill, 50.45
Silverstone national, 57.43
Brand Hatch GP, 1:32.09

I mainly enjoy the Alfa, then the astra and honda, really the drive and sound of the alfa, rah :)

@norms @Masscot I might be the odd one out here but I didn't get on with the 106 at all. It felt completely different to how I remember my mates one drove back in the day - although that one was an S1 and wasn't exactly stock. Also the brakes lock up at the slightest touch and the horrible dips in sound when changing down kinda ruined it for me.
Just reading the discussion on RD and it seems some of the physics may be wrong so I'm gonna wait till it gets "fixed" and have another go. Also I haven't played with the setup because I never do :D

Either that or maybe I've just been driving the Ginetta GT4 too much over the last day or 2 and I'm struggling to put my brain back into 90s hatchback mode.

@norms @Masscot I might be the odd one out here but I didn't get on with the 106 at all. It felt completely different to how I remember my mates one drove back in the day - although that one was an S1 and wasn't exactly stock. Also the brakes lock up at the slightest touch and the horrible dips in sound when changing down kinda ruined it for me.
Just reading the discussion on RD and it seems some of the physics may be wrong so I'm gonna wait till it gets "fixed" and have another go. Also I haven't played with the setup because I never do :D

Either that or maybe I've just been driving the Ginetta GT4 too much over the last day or 2 and I'm struggling to put my brain back into 90s hatchback mode.
I think it will be slightly improved over time, the physics don't seem to far off to me. Definitely reminds me of a Saxo I drove a long time ago, although you're right about the brakes, they lock up really quickly. I'm also loving the Ginetta GT4, maybe my favourite of the GT4's so far!

After seen and driving this exceptionally good Peugeot 106 Rallye S2 mod I was wondering if there is any Citroen Saxo out there? I tried with google but I couldnt find anything.

Edit: I found it in RD. I must be blind!

I'm looking also for the saxo.But i cant finding.Can you share the link?Thanks

Hi!
I was tempted to ask you about the skins, but I didn't want to abuse your good will. :D Nice ones, the metallic blue and this one, are terrific! I also saw the BMW M4 multicollor skin which is just amazing (it would be great to know how to achieve this efect):
just look into the ext_config of the Touge Workshop M4 Lenz Spec, its all explained there

Alright - Let's try this again: ✔️

⚜️Triumph Dolomite Sprint BoP'd to TC Legends Pack
Model is fair. It's a fun car.
Suspension fixed so it doesn't bounce of the packers. Fuel tank repositioned. Body positioning fixed so it's not scraping the ground. Tires replaced to fit TCL spec. Overall, fixed handling to match TCL spec. Tires now work with ProTyres App.
If you had any of the prior versions, replace with this. When you have a friend test drive and they "it's awesome dude", just test it yourself before putting it out there prematurely. :odd::)
View attachment 910968

Have you lowered the power at all in this last update? I'm struggling to keep up with the other TC legends at Goodwood its probably my driving tbh

Just upload the skin for Oulton Park on RD, really proud of it, new billboards but also: TV screen, new bridges and the "bricks in the grass" like in Brand Hatch (if someone know the name in english ^^) and more...

Next update, donington with surprising red/white and blue/white walls based on the 2019 race, knockhill almost finished too.

Here the track list of 2019 and best BTCC laps (I really like to match the best lap):
Brand Hatch Indy, 48.49
Donington Park, 1:09.64
Thruxton, 1:15.51
Croft, 1:21.73
Oulton Park, 1:25.82
Snetterton 300, 1:54.73
Thruxton 2, 1:15.87
Knockhill, 50.45
Silverstone national, 57.43
Brand Hatch GP, 1:32.09

I mainly enjoy the Alfa, then the astra and honda, really the drive and sound of the alfa, rah :)

Looking forward to trying these Oulton park is my local track

Small issue with the VAO patch for sebring (Reboot version):

Apparently, if the patch is installed, the central Michelin piece goes missing.

can someone fix it? i already tried removing it and there's some stutter here and there

Perfect. As much as perfet can be. Mine was racing in Gr.1 with ~950kg 180-190hp and 4 gears with overdrive on 3rd & 4th. The rear was playing like a child at every corner while this is much more stable and overall predictable (which is a good thing if one want to BoP it with the other TCL70).

Stable but not too stiff, realistic steering ratio, brakes good, well powered and well balanced, a lot of fun to drive. I never thought I could drive a Dolomite race car in AC one day. Thank you very much for your excellent work. With a P/W ratio of 4.2* it's ready to compete well it the TCL70 class. I only took it in Practice for now but will run a few quick races at Goodwood and Croft to catch some bumps and see how it behaves against the others there.

* I saw that you've a kerb weight of 950kg and corrected the UI acordingly.
Thanks a lot and Keep the good work up :gtpflag:
Thanks much.
t89067.gif

Have you lowered the power at all in this last update? I'm struggling to keep up with the other TC legends at Goodwood its probably my driving tbh
I believe added a smidgen of weight. The loss in time might be attributed to the tires having less grip. I matched grip characteristics to the TCL pack so there was no advantage. Honestly the car needed to be "dumbed down" a bit to feel like the rest of the pack, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I was able to keep up with the pack OK, I'm no alien though.
Let me know if you think it could lose a couple kg's. I'll try it out at Goodwood shortly.
Facebook_thumbs-up-sign_444d_mysmiley.net.png

Yes of course i meant Croft, sorry for the typo. These updates i was talking about in posts under:

Just upload a complete overhaul for Croft track by Terra21 on RD, overhaul based on the BTCC race of 2019, if you don't know this fantastic track, give it a try, it really a lot of fun.
Shaun Clarck update his first mod BTCC Cars, weeks ago, v2.0, 29 march 2020 and they are really fun to drive and accurate, lot of passion in it!

In the pipes, almost all UK track for a BTCC overhaul (Knockhill, silverstone, brand hatch, donington etc)

View attachment 908261

My preview pic do not represent well my mod, i am sorry for that, taking screenshot it's an art, it's a work in itself and it's not my cup of tea, i prefer to use the small amount of time i got, to work on skin and cam for track for everyone to enjoy or to play AC and hf :)
Take care of you mates !

Very nice! Thanks!
I did a new balloon for your new track skin, to replace the original Dunlop one.
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...peronis-new-btcc-2019-croft-track-skin.32074/

View attachment 908278

Sure I can share the grass config, it is just basic and doesn't feature the newer additions of short and long grass together and other bits, but it works nice. @slider666 may jump in with a much better config, but for now here it is.

For the track update, it is only slight. Flickering pit board in replays and a disappearing texture at the edge of track of sunny out not sure if I changed anything else as that was a while ago. At the moment seeking permission from Terra to release it or see if he will update it on RD 👍

Yes of course i meant Croft, sorry for the typo. These updates i was talking about in posts under:

I knew you meant Croft but all good. Thanks for taking the time out to list all those things, I have downloaded your BOP but just need to grab the Subaru and tune the BMW :cheers:. Have to say though that Croft has fast become one of my favourite tracks of the moment and is an absolute blast in Shaun's Ginetta GT4.

I knew you meant Croft but all good. Thanks for taking the time out to list all those things, I have downloaded your BOP but just need to grab the Subaru and tune the BMW :cheers:. Have to say though that Croft has fast become one of my favourite tracks of the moment and is an absolute blast in Shaun's Ginetta GT4.
I absolutely love all Brittish tracks. They have so much caracter. They are so similar at first, but when you drive them more and more they become increasingly different, And they are very technically demanding, Every corner is special in some way. To many tracks, especially modern ones, are all the same: straight, 90 degree corner, straight, 90 degree chichane, straight, sweeping 90 degree corner, straight, 180 degree hairpin. If you get a simetrical double apex, it is already a little wonder. But all those Brittish tracks have for example combinations of two, three corners, which are totally atipical and all depend on each other. Just a blast to drive them when you master them. Even Thruxton that looks boring circle track at first, is far from that.

I have a question for Brittish guys, or anybody more knowledgeable, why does Cadwell get so little attention IRL? No big time races are run there, in 2019 when they closed Rockingham, they rather ran Thruxton twice in BTCC, than go there. but in my opinion it is just as good as the others. The Ac version is also very nice. (too bad it only has 18 pits, so you can't put it into championships).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back