Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
BRABHAM BT62 "RAINFX" ADDON/PATCH

acs-2020-11-085.jpg

acs-2020-11-079.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS :
Extract and copy "animations" and "extension" folder from the addon patch to your car folder of bt62.

WORKS WITH ALL VERSIONS OF BRABHAM BT62 - OFFICIAL, NON-OFFICIAL, STREET.

Many thanks for sharing, works on all 3 versions with CSP 1.60

Hello everyone. As mentioned a few weeks ago, I am proceeding with the conversion of the modern Hockenheim from AMS. I need help completing the track (I lack time and skills T_T). Contact me privately if you want to collaborate or testing the track.

What do I need/help:
- Trees (Some time ago I saw a method to rework trees from AMS on Blender). @RMi_wood, @TheRealCeeBee ?
- Add starting places
- Add places in the pit
- Add sectors, and DRS zones
- Cameras @safi hellie, @DaBaeda ?
- AI lines @LiquidSkyMan ?

At the moment I am working on buildings and objects around the track, collision objects etc. That's it, thanks in advance for anyone wishing to contribute.

View attachment 970333 View attachment 970334
Yes, excellent. Think this is laser scanned if I'm not mistaken, or at least LIDAR scanned track. AC deserves a more accurate version of this track. And AMS version is the most accurate one out there.

Last edited:
Nah, not that. It's not even listed there. Just takes a coupla minutes to load the track data (VAO and all that jazz)... Eh. I'll just wait then.

I didn't think it was related to that tbh, but was posting that link just in case...but I had the same problem as you a while ago with CM taking a bloody age to load tracks, and then one day it just went back to quick loading tracks. I did clear out a tonne of cars and tracks so take from that what you will.

Hey guys. Which are the Steps to convert a track to AC?? I have 3dsimed but I don't know what to do now. (The conversion Will be for personal use) I Hope you can help me.
Thanks

I didn't think it was related to that tbh, but was posting that link just in case...but I had the same problem as you a while ago with CM taking a bloody age to load tracks, and then one day it just went back to quick loading tracks. I did clear out a tonne of cars and tracks so take from that what you will.

Well I shall wait then. Don't have that many cars left, so... I don't know. Just CM being a bit of a capricious prick ahah

BRABHAM BT62 "RAINFX" ADDON/PATCH

acs-2020-11-085.jpg

acs-2020-11-079.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS :
Extract and copy "animations" and "extension" folder from the addon patch to your car folder of bt62.

WORKS WITH ALL VERSIONS OF BRABHAM BT62 - OFFICIAL, NON-OFFICIAL, STREET.

Thank you for taking the time to update this and share with the community. Spending your personal time and sharing the result with us is appreciated for this beautiful car. So many of you like flyingsaucer, Shokeus, Bazza, Kenneth, Mascot. ales100i, RMI_wood and many others help us all to drive the cars of our dreams. We all appreciate you. Love to you all.

Many thanks for sharing, works on all 3 versions with CSP 1.60
Nice to hear that mate. Enjoy! :)

It works also with all latest CSP versions 1.65 1.66 1.67.
csp-167461.jpg

csp-166.jpg

Don't work for me...CSP 0.1.66 PREVIEW2
View attachment 970263

Probably Brabham's official mod has been updated (now i see in October 1st' news). I'm gonna download and check what's changed. Maybe there is the issue for you. :)

[A single line change in config should be enough :D, although.. we'll see :) )]

EDIT:
Nope, Brabham official one is not new. Moreover, i cannot find your issue, mate :/.

I have taken this screenshot a few minutes ago on 1.66_2:
csp-166-preview2.jpg

Where did you get YOUR mod? :D
If it is highly improved version, i will add my wipers to work with it.

Last edited:
hello .... great job for imola
but I don't visualize it well.
i have some errors.
for example the lawn is not green but brown.
is there anything to configure?

Hey gang, Just subscribed to Ilya's patreon, but am unable to get any other versions to work. If I un-archive and manually drop 1.67 into Assetto directory, it shows up ghosted with an "unavailable for installation" error message. If I drop the archive onto CM, it doesn't show up at all. I updated CM to the version on Ilya's patreon, but still nothing. Any tips?
Hi.
When it is greyed out check to left hand side and check which version is showing. It won't show installed as others. I hope this helps.

Hi!

Do you guys know how to deal with encrypted mods? I have the Guerilla GT4's but not only on the previews but on the showroom as well the cars are a ll a blue blocky mess. That would be fine I guess, but the problem is that I can't drive them either, the game crashes while loading. I have tried these with both the latest CSP, as well as will the last stable version (1.6.0, I believe). Does anyone have any ideas about what may be happening?

Thanks in advance!

2016 Jaguar F-Type R v1.4

original model: Forza
conversion: Dareks
updates: Alez Cash

changelog:

- added shift animation
- fixed engine specs*
- fixed empty aero files
- added visual damage & dirt
- updated some textures
- fixed collider position
- removed handbrake
- added auto shifter
- tweaked a few shaders
- added US license plates
- removed some skins
- swapped sounds

* the real car has a supercharger
the original mod was naturally aspirated

https://c.gmx.com/@557986326725531850/UN5QdgfFRqW59rD7B-lrQA

51196938_564072490774730_7022762624110559232_n.jpg

As good as it gets, as far as I am concerned, it is a bit sad that Alez announced it was to be is last mod for AC.

Is there any way this car can be reuploaded? Can't find a working link for it anywhere.

Nice to hear that mate. Enjoy! :)

It works also with all latest CSP versions 1.65 1.66 1.67.
csp-167461.jpg

csp-166.jpg

Probably Brabham's official mod has been updated (now i see in October 1st' news). I'm gonna download and check what's changed. Maybe there is the issue for you. :)

[A single line change in config should be enough :D, although.. we'll see :) )]

EDIT:
Nope, Brabham official one is not new. Moreover, i cannot find your issue, mate :/.

I have taken this screenshot a few minutes ago on 1.66_2:
csp-166-preview2.jpg

Where did you get YOUR mod? :D
If it is highly improved version, i will add my wipers to work with it.
My wipers works too, but i want to see water exit of the tyres

Did you all read the pdf included in the gtlegends pack?

It says GTC 60s Legends coming next!
Some great cars in that pack!

And some that already exists :

- Alfa 33 (Kunos)
- Ferrari 250 GTO S1 (Kunos)
- Ferrari 250 GTO S2 (Legion)
- Cobra 289 Hardtop (Legion)
- E Type Lightweight (Velo)
- Shelby 350R (deCarrera)
- 300 SL (ADrive / Legion)

Still looks promising, though.

Quick question, anyone else lost the Extended Physics tick box option since that last CM manager update 2 weeks ago? If I downgrade to previous Paetron CM build it is there, but when I update again it disappears. In the change log it states it was going to go public so I would assume would be there?

Quick question, anyone else lost the Extended Physics tick box option since that last CM manager update 2 weeks ago? If I downgrade to previous Paetron CM build it is there, but when I update again it disappears. In the change log it states it was going to go public so I would assume would be there?
Yup, same here..

This is an beautiful mode and is a wonderful homage to the work of Khyzyl Saleem:
https://www.artstation.com/khyzylsaleem

@K E N N E T H This is a unique model, an absolute visual pleasure and I hope to see many more in this vision. Clearly a huge amount of time and dedication has gone into this model, congratulations to everyone involved.

I noticed however that there is still an issue with the #Steer_Ratio / Rod and Lock with this vehicle.

I have therefore attached a fix for those who wish to use it (primarily wheel users) and have attached the details and evidence explaining why this is the case.

Currently the vehicle is set to have the following data in the the car.ini:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=320 <<Real car's steer lock from center to right
STEER_RATIO=16.5 <<Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0031

As you can see the data states that this vehicle has a #Steer_Lock of 320 degrees which is 640 degrees lock to lock.

The real world maximum data value reported for similar vehicles of this type is 360 degrees / 720 degrees lock to lock. The data in the ini is not far from the maximum specification, however the rods delivery is inaccurate.

This is verified here by Kunos own instructions for configuring the ROD:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/answers-from-the-devs.12077/

By reducing the #Steer_Lock below the maximum value you are effectively removing the real the world physical rotation wheel users can apply.

It is very possible that in some cases a lock of 10:1 was used at some tracks, however this should not be reflected in the controls config.

As a reference point lets look at the Audi_R8_LMS (not the exact vehicle) and the steering locks for all vehicles in ACC:
https://www.motorsportfocus.net/uploads/2018Bulletins/Audi_R8_LMS_MY2016_Handbook_v1-2018.pdf
https://simracingsetup.com/assetto-corsa/acc-steering-lock-settings/

Lets also look at the Porsche 911 GT3 RS:
https://newsroom.porsche.com/dam/jc...9_911_GT3_RS_Technical_Specifications.pdf.PDF

As you can see Audi frequently report a maximum lock of 720 degrees (Porsche 800) with a #Steer Ratio of anywhere from 13+ to 17+ with around 20 degrees at the tire depending on the ratios.

Now lets take a closer look again at the data supplied with this wonderful model and compare it to a screen shot of the live in game telemetry to see how It compares and translates in game.

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=320 <<Real car's steer lock from center to right
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0031

How this translates in game:
View attachment 970108

As you can see the data is misaligned the vehicle is reporting an in game #Steer_Ratio of 10.2 (as we are left wheel to left side in this picture) with 31.5 degrees of angle at the tire all in less than 320 degrees of physical rotation?

Now lets take a look if we input the manufactures specifications:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=360 <<Real car's steer lock from center to right
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00197

Now we have a #Steer_Lock of 360 degrees / 720 degrees lock to lock which is the maximum reported value advertised for this vehicle type from in ACC and the data sheet above. The ROD has been adjusted to compensate for the added rotation.

Lets see how this translates in game and in telemetry.
View attachment 970109

As you can see the car now reports an in game Steer_Ratio of 16.5 and 21 degrees the tire (as we are left wheel to left side in this picture) which is within margin of error when compared to the spec sheet ACC et al.

However as these vehicles frequently change their DOR and SR from track to track, something we are unable do in AC and I acknowledge that this is a "maximum" reported degree of rotation and was likely not used on every track, it therefore makes sense to find an average.

As the cars run between 13+:1 and 17+:1 ratios it does not seen unreasonable to use 15.5 as a reference point.

Lets input the data and adjust the ROD to compensate:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=360 <<Real car's steer lock from center to right
STEER_RATIO=15.5 <<Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00190

Lets see how that translates in game and in the telemetry:
View attachment 970261

The game is now reporting a #Steer_Ratio of 15.5 (as we are left wheel to left side in this picture) with 23 degrees of angle at the tire all in 360 degrees of physical rotation. When driven on the track the car handles far more realistically and feels vastly superior on a wheel.

We have now corrected the lock/ratio and rod, found a suitable medium for wheel and controller users and provided a more accurate representation of the vehicles specifications.

Finally we address the elephant "so did Kunos get it wrong” as some of the data in this vehicle was lifted directly from base content, the answer to that is yes and no.

Kunos had to cater for many situations, including limitations with consumer grade wheel inputs (from a decade ago) many of which were not DD or 900+ DOR. They also had to consider balancing, setups, bopping, console controller users etc which was no easy task.

Kunos have openly admitted on several occasions, which I find incredibly admirable, that they have made mistakes in the past, here is one of those examples:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...or-the-devs-concerning-ffb-differences.26638/

Many internally were unaware what #Steer_Assist did and assumed it was power steering or game pad assist (and not a gamma) and were applying it to vehicles incorrectly. Kunos later clarified what #Steer_Assist was and stated that any and all affected vehicles would be updated and fixed, not all were.

While the data included with this vehicle many not be completely incorrect, and it works particularly well for controller users, what I can say is that the data in ACC and modern AC mods (including those ported from ACC) no longer align with the older data in the original base AC content, improvements have been made.

Much has changed in sim racing and as such modding has evolved, much like consumer hardware and while the data entered in some AC cars is not bad, incorrect or wrong, that’s not to say it’s completely infallible and can not be improved upon.

Thanks again for sharing this mod with the community.
The files for the fix are attached for anyone who would like to use it:

Will repeat myself, but I don't care.

Brilliant. How a small change can change all the driving experience.
You don't only change (for better), you explain why, what and how.

I thank you.

@_Bazza_. Thank you* for the updates to this already awesome mod pack. Just like the cars, you're a legend too!* :cheers:

(* Officially the BIGGEST thank you ever thanked by the most BIGGLY thanker ever. 'Count the thanks!' 'All thanks must be counted!')

(** Even in Ghyna.)

Yup, same here..

The extended physics option is still there but you have to switch it on in the CM tabs first before it appears in the main UI screen. Not at my PC right now, so I can't point you at the exact setting you need to tick... but it is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.
When it is greyed out check to left hand side and check which version is showing. It won't show installed as others. I hope this helps.

Yup, it's raining :) Thanks! So to test any other available versions, always use the manual archive method? AND the sky remains blacked out on 1.67, at any time of day. So testing begins...
Does anyone have a quick fix for the black sky (under 1.67)?

Last edited:
Hello!
Here are a couple of my works. I converted the track with rFactor2 (Nevsky Ring), the car (LADA Revolution) was first made for Race07, then I converted it for Assetto Corsa.
Thanks for the track (loved it in rF2, love it even more in AC.
But I have a small issue on a big part of the second half of the track (let's call it the start/finish "straight"):D
My steering wheel (direct drive) gets several strange jolts, not the classic staircase effect that some converted tracks show.
Could you please check ?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back