Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
Does antbody have this kind of texture problem with the tyres?
Since I have installed the ASR cars, I have the black issue, like one or 2 textures are missing, same for slicks or rainured tyres
View attachment 1018029 View attachment 1018030

In content manager under the content tab....find that car and make sure you have single seater and open wheeler selected as descriptors. If you do not have those selected then it will do this as the tires are supposed to be hidden. This was the fix for the times I had things like this happen.

In content manager under the content tab....find that car and make sure you have single seater and open wheeler selected as descriptors. If you do not have those selected then it will do this as the tires are supposed to be hidden. This was the fix for the times I had things like this happen.

You mean in the tags?
I have redone completely the ttag with only 3
#60s GP/ Race/ Italy for exemple

I normally hate posts like this, but please indulge me: is Terra's Magny-Cours 2019 considered the 'best' version of the many and varied Magny-Cours we have for AC?
It's not a track I've ever had a lot of affection for but I thought I should give it another shake. I added a RainFX config and a GrassFX config from previous posts here at GTP but some white lines, grid marks etc are a strange grey/blue colour for some reason.
Anyone else getting this?
Is there perhaps a complete download somewhere with everything fixed?

Screenshot_ferrari_599_gto_magny_cours_17-6-121-16-30-12.jpg

Last edited:
I normally hate posts like this, but please indulge me: is Terra's Magny-Cours 2019 considered the 'best' version of the many and varied Magny-Cours we have for AC?
It's not a track I've ever had a lot of affection for but I thought I should give it another shake. I added a RainFX config and a GrassFX config from previous posts here at GTP but some white lines, grid marks etc are a strange grey/blue colour for some reason.

View attachment 1018032
According to Gutbomb this is the one you want:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n2au28q18p07zhn/magny_cours_fix4_3.7z/file

n.b. it overwrites the Terra21 one which it is a fix for

Last edited:

View attachment 1018032

I just checked and that indeed is the one that fixes the issues. Here's what that area looks like:

upload_2021-6-17_9-48-34.png

Thanks. The white lines are fixed and GrassFX is present but no RainFX prep (and no extension folder to put it in... seems this one uses the external extension system, open to abuse by anyone who uploads to github...). Really needs a locked-down extension folder in the track folder, methinks...

Last edited:
Thanks. The white lines are fixed and GrassFX is present but no RainFX prep (and no extension folder to put it in... seems this one uses the external extension system, open to abuse by anyone who uploads to github...). Really needs a locked-down extension folder in the track folder, methinks...
Yes I agree

Here is RainFx

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD_TRACK_1_WET, ROAD_TRACK_2_WET, ROAD_TRACK_5_WET
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ROAD_TRACK_1_WET, ROAD_TRACK_2_WET, ROAD_TRACK_4_WET, ROAD_TRACK_5_WET,
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = CONCG, WIND01, LOGO_ALLIANZ_BRIDGE, GAR03, GAR05, GAR16, GAR04, GAR09, GAR27, STANDRONT, STANDRONT1, TYREWALLDC, TYREWALLBC, STANDSTAIRS,
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ASTROTURF_WET, ROAD_GREEN1_WET, GRASS_TERRAIN, GRVL_TERRAIN
LINES_MATERIALS = STRP_LINES, DECALPITGRID
;Start line Bridge
STREAM_EDGE_... = -109.88, -4.87, 139.53, -139.25, -4.87, 160.11
;M Power Bridge
STREAM_EDGE_... = -228.15, -1.62, -250.74, -228.55, -1.63, -276.74
;ELF Bridge
STREAM_EDGE_... = 177.3, 6.2, -264.49, 158.21, 6.18, -203.54
;Large Bridge
STREAM_EDGE_... = 13.91, 3.57, -64.86, 15.28, 3.58, -165.06
;Last Bridge
STREAM_EDGE_... = 340.81, 11.36, 136.42, 317.47, 11.35, 106.49
;Overhanging Signs
STREAM_EDGE_... = 257.28, 9.05, -206.37, 255.6, 9.04, -201.5
STREAM_EDGE_... = 247.55, 8.53, -179.92, 249.14, 8.55, -184.83
STREAM_EDGE_... = 359.28, 11.65, -172.58, 357.61, 11.65, -167.7
STREAM_EDGE_... = 345.54, 11.13, -149.39, 347.14, 11.15, -154.34
STREAM_EDGE_... = -67.74, 0.55, -156.94, -68.31, 0.58, -151.05
;Pit Lights
STREAM_POINT_... = -131.46, 5.66, 152.59
STREAM_POINT_... = -130.64, 5.76, 153.59
STREAM_POINT_... = -78.11, 6.39, 233.56
STREAM_POINT_... = -77.45, 6.51, 234.66
STREAM_POINT_... = -26.51, 7.13, 310.41
STREAM_POINT_... = -25.73, 7.15, 311.49

And here is a complete ext_config

Attachments

• ext_config.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 63
This is just a preload of the rain shaders to avoid stuttering if the weather changes. Disable RainFX entirely might change this, but I've never done it. No reason to use a preview of CSP and disable Rain on my side. ;)

To reset this one just delete "\[Programm folder]\extension\config\smart_shadows.ini". :) It will be replaced with the one stored in your document folder afterwards.

Did it, smart shadows disappeared from csp settings in cm (I've restarted still doesn't appear), and it's still the same :/

Untitled.png

And here is a complete ext_config
Thanks, I was just about to post something similar, but just the extension folder with the RainFX config in it. Everything else seems to get pulled from the ...extension/config/tracks/loaded folder. There's quite an extensive lighting config in there, for example.
Are the non-RainFX bits in your config an update/improvement over the ones in the ...tracks/loaded folder?
This is where it all gets a bit messy.

Hi guys,

here is my quick and dirty "real life" track skin for VRC California (Willow Springs). I won´t make further improvements here, feel free to add / improve it further.

Place the folder into the "vrc_california" folder and activate the skin in CM.

https://we.tl/t-E5ZQSkWMOP

Have fun.

Thanks for this. Nothing quick and dirty about it as far as I can tell. A huge improvement over the original generic branding.

Thank you mate!!

And by the way, I have 2 cars that sleep since ages in my computer, formerly done for GP4 for the WSPC89 mod but never finished.
The spice in numerous 3d variations, fully mapped
and The 767B, but without mapping.
So if someone enughly serious want to make them for AC it would be a pleasure
View attachment 1018023 View attachment 1018024 View attachment 1018025 View attachment 1018026

Is a weird feeling seeing that 767B when I just done a 787B skin of a 767B cause we don't have a 767B :) :banghead:

Thanks, I was just about to post something similar, but just the extension folder with the RainFX config in it. Everything else seems to get pulled from the ...extension/config/tracks/loaded folder. There's quite an extensive lighting config in there, for example.
Are the non-RainFX bits in your config an update/improvement over the ones in the ...tracks/loaded folder?
This is where it all gets a bit messy.

I am about to copy the lighting lines to the ext_config. I will need to put the lighting model (magny_course_lights.kn5) into the track folder as well.

Yes, i only just started using this.
So in theory if we have a bunch of rally cross cars for example.
So in CM in the car section under 'class' you could put 'rally cross', then find the other cars you want to use and put the same 'rally cross', then when you set the race use sort by era and class and it finds the cars that match yours dead easy.

You can from there further divide by putting 'rally cross 2ltr' for example and matching the other cars with that class too etc etc.

Less long winded than it sounds.
Awesome. I was experimenting last night setting all the road cars to n2, n3, n4, etc. depending on power. Didn't even think of sub class. Gonna see about further dividing them into n2a, n2b, etc.

Last edited:
Ha ha..! I've done exactly the same.
Proof that GTP is a hive mind after all... ;)
It seems to work pretty well. I have deleted the .ini in the extension/config/tracks/loaded (and the other one in tracks). I have kept the longer version of the GrassFx lines.

Trial #56728

If anyone fancy converting a 2018 S63 AMG, I'd be happy to give you the model for it (it's from a mod for city car driving).
I can work on it's physics, help you with the textures and create it's real paintjobs.

I have all this GT3 cars in my Content Manager but a lot of skins are missing,
I will see to already make a first version and we can add the 2021 DTM skins when there will be publications on RD or discord

Thanks @ClaudioWRC74, take your time. I will probably make my own championship with some dummy liveries in the meantime.

You're missing the Honda, the Bentley and the Lexus. All of them are available within this thread. :cheers:

The cars I listed are the ones I would use for the DTM 2021 season. As far as I know the cars you mentioned won't be part of the series.

Last edited:
when using entries from ./extension/config/tracks/loaded/the_track.ini to create a standalone config in ./content/tracks/the_track/ext_config.ini
dont forget to add:

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back