Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,126 comments
I will enjoy! This is my local track.

The track is literally in my neighborhood, but I never visit it. Seriously, I can take my bicycle and go there. But I never do. Does that make me a bad person?

I'm going to Singapore GP in September, though. Does that make up for me never visiting my local track?
If you follow well the news of the world, going all the way to the other side of the globe to see a Formula one event would not exactly be classified as a "good" thing. On the other hand, your bicycle is right there, you still "could" do it. I dunno, just taking pictures for the modders to get a better sight, likes references. An helping hand, in a way, to get some point of views rarely pictured by people because there's nothing to see but you still have to get it right on the model. It's all about the greater good :cheers:

The Incredibles Movie GIF

Edit : If a modeller wants a detailed referencing of the historic hillclimb of Pourville-Dieppe, I can help (but I don't have a bicycle... not even kidding)

Last edited:
I will enjoy! This is my local track.

The track is literally in my neighborhood, but I never visit it. Seriously, I can take my bicycle and go there. But I never do. Does that make me a bad person?

I'm going to Singapore GP in September, though. Does that make up for me never visiting my local track?
Yes, you are a REALLY REALLY BAD PERSON. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Nah, just kidding, but you should really go if there's some interesting event, overall because it's really close to you

An update on the WIP

Reworked the whole 3D model, remapped with a new texture and separate the two meshes. Now they are working separately and they can be lit at night

Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_valerbanen_13-4-124-13-55-47.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_valerbanen_13-4-124-13-55-44.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_valerbanen_13-4-124-13-55-41.jpg

Edit : If a modeller wants a detailed referencing of the historic hillclimb of Pourville-Dieppe, I can help (but I don't have a bicycle... not even kidding)
Maybe you will be more lucky than me. I'm expecting a proper version of my home hillclimb race since AC was released, but it's never been done properly (or finished properly). This year it became again valid for the European Championship. Let's hope before i retire that someone make it XD

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is different in mods that have autogeneration of wet tyres? I don't see anything different in the tyres.ini, etc. I want to disable autogen wet tyres in the specific car itself. I have extended physics turned off, never use it (I heard extended physics does the autogen of wet tyres). So usually cars I race don't autogen wet tyres in rain which is what I want. No autogen of wet tyres.

The car in this instance are the chivas gt500 cars. Something in that mod is generating wet tyres in rain. I don't want that for specific reasons. Hope someone knows how to stop it.

EDIT: WEIRD! It's only with the Chivas GT500 2006. Doesn't happen with the Chivas GT500 2007 or 2008. wth. I might try and copy the data folders from 2007 to the 2006. I'll let you know if that works. If it does, great, but I'd still love to know why, yo.

UPDATE: Well that worked. Replaced the 2006 data folders with the ones from 2007 (sans the digi instrument.ini and lods.ini). No wet tyre generation. I want to run a comparison on the different data folders to see what's diff, or rather see if I can find what difference causes the auto gen of wet tyres.

Last edited:
Yes, you are a REALLY REALLY BAD PERSON. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Nah, just kidding, but you should really go if there's some interesting event, overall because it's really close to you

An update on the WIP

Reworked the whole 3D model, remapped with a new texture and separate the two meshes. Now they are working separately and they can be lit at night

View attachment 1355156
View attachment 1355155
View attachment 1355154

Maybe you will be more lucky than me. I'm expecting a proper version of my home hillclimb race since AC was released, but it's never been done properly (or finished properly). This year it became again valid for the European Championship. Let's hope before i retire that someone make it XD
Yes he is :P it's a 10 hour drive for me.

update looks great!

Let me know if your open to update my local track too, it's getting a little off from real life ;) (Motorcenter Norway/KNA Raceway by Dazzorm)

Yes he is :P it's a 10 hour drive for me.

update looks great!

Let me know if your open to update my local track too, it's getting a little off from real life ;) (Motorcenter Norway/KNA Raceway by Dazzorm)
Already reworked in the past (if i'm not wrong, i made so much config that i don't even remember them). For sure it requires an update if i did it over 1.5 years ago. I will have to check it (but before i have to finish stuff that are stuck on my HDD since before the extinction of dinosaurs XD)

I need (help?) or info about something strange.

On some tracks (not everyone, i noticed only on Shin tracks, not everyone) i noticed that sometimes, cars have an artefact like the one you see in these screens. Anyone have idea on what are the cause of this?

Sorry for the amount of screens but they are needed to show the issue

Screenshot_asr_1992_dallara_192_asr_owc_1992_round_10_25-3-124-14-1-49.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1992_dallara_192_asr_owc_1992_round_10_25-3-124-14-1-49-1.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1992_dallara_192_asr_owc_1992_round_10_25-3-124-14-1-49-2.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1992_dallara_192_asr_owc_1992_round_10_25-3-124-14-1-50.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1992_dallara_192_asr_owc_1992_round_10_25-3-124-14-1-51.jpg

as you can see, around the cockpit there's a sort of square black box (it also happens sometimes on the rain light on the back of the car) which makes me think it's caused by some lights that are extremely "overexposed" but it's happens only on some tracks (only from shin as said).

Anyone has noticed them too? Thanks

you have any evidence?
They also use the same tyre skins from the 2024 car to the SSD's 2023/22 car. Like others said its the same exact selling model, free Ferrari and pay for the others. I tried the Ferrari & Red Bull and I must say I like them. RTT swears hes not SSD but I'm not buying it. I do like the cars though.

Last edited:
Oh my God... the hitman's orders are piling up... 🤦‍♂️
I once bought a car off a Hitman. I was in my early 20's and wanted a big flashy classic car. I found a reasonably priced one in Ardennes Green not too far away and so off I rushed.

I turned up at a massive house in the country with an assortment of Bentleys, Rolls Royces, Range Rovers etc. all outside in the rather unkept Garden. A rather tall, old bald gentlemen was outside on the door step. He threw me the keys and said go have a look (I could of easily driven off with it).

After a quick check (I was buying it whether it ran or not) I said I would come back with the monies the following day.

Upon returning I was greeted by an ensemble of a few rather large bald english men. I gingerly walked up to the front porch where they were all waiting, expecting to be invited in to count the monies and sign the documents. He said we would have to do it outside as he was "redecorating". I thought it was a polite way of saying I'm not welcome inside but when he said that all the guys started laughing and looking at eachother like some inside joke. I thought maybe they were laughing at me being about as manly as Jacob Rees-Mogg but they seemed nice enough.

Quietly crapping myself at the thought of being robbed I thought it'd be wise to initiate conversation with said commoners to show I wasnt afraid. I asked the main chap what he did for a living?

He replied "Waste Disposal" and they all began to laugh again. Then he gave me this look of like disgust that I dare ask, signed the paper and said "All done, Off You Go"

About 5 years later it dawned on me what he meant by "Waste Disposal"

Then again maybe he was just a very rich Binman.

Last edited:
@Gabriele

I did these yesterday. It includes the changed name in the car.ini file, so have included the original VRC data.acd.
Just renaming in CM doesnt change the ingame name, leaves it as VRCs copyright get around name
I think the changes I made in the car.ini file will cause online mismatches, so if you use online, you might want to revert back to the original VRC data file by renaming it after deleting/renaming the data.acd I edited

EDIT:
File now uploaded and hosted in GTP files.

Last edited:
View attachment 1354937

right the small edits to the ralt are done.

im doing the championship files now.

i think you will all be sick of silverstone by the end of the season.

also wondered if anyone had any of the following skins, or pics of if not;
  • Davy Jones
  • Eric Lang
  • Tony Trevor
  • Mike Blanchet
  • Carlton Tingling
lastly does anyone have any information on the weather for any of the rounds? tried my usual sources but no luck. everything else in the championship is correct as far as number of laps and layouts (based on what we have). a club layout for 80s silverstone would be great (using kunos 67 atm)

ill finish up as much as I can and should be ready in a week or two depending on what people have.

edit: Davy Jones skin is done. need his suit and helmet

View attachment 1354945

edit edit: Eric Lang skin done too. need suit and helmet

View attachment 1354951
Is there a PSD template for this car? (tried but did not find any)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back