Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,357 comments
There's one thing that is preventing me from installing the new CSP preview build, in the 0.2.3p211 build there was the black screen bug that happened after starting a race, someone already knows if this was fixed with the new preview?

that is for example one thing i am wondering: why so many use this LCS ppfilter pure life?
there are much better LCS filters out there on youtube for example.
or did i miss something on this one?

but i guess this will change again because pure now does support LCS. i was amazed, that LCS was release as i am just joining AC mods.
What surprised me the most is difference in rendering trees between default LCS and pure LCS. Is it only me or in default LCS trees look more natural? And, for my eyes (well, on my monitor), _PureLIFE_LCS with last CSP default LCS makes everything looking realistic.

I'm playing around with creating track skins and having trouble with them showing up first time around when selecting the skin. I've had to basically restart practice mode like 3x for my skin to take effect.

Do you know why this is and how I can get it to show up first time?
Click it on/off a couple of times, or hit 'reload'.

all Cars W.I.P.

Audi R8 V8 Race Car (Typ 42) (NFS Shift2 model)
Audi R8R 1999 (complete rework)
Cadillac DPi-V.R (Grid Legends)
Chevy Impala SS Race Car (The Crew2)
Corvette C3 Race Car (The Crew2)
Corvette C3 Race Car 2 (The Crew2)
Corvette C7 Gr.4 (GTSport)
Dodge Charger´12 GR.3 (The Crew2)
Dodge Charger R/T HEMI´69 Race Car(The Crew2)
DMD P21 LMP2 (Race Room)
DMD P20 LMP (Race Room)
Ferrari 365 GTB /4 Race Car (The Crew2)
Ford GT Racecar (The Crew2)
Ford Mustang DMT 5.0 ´92 (Race Room)
Jaguar E-Type fantasy Racecar (The Crew2)
Jaguar XKR GR.3 (NFS Shift2)
Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG Race Car (The Crew2)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe (W196) (The Crew2)
Mistral M531 LMP2(Race Room)
Mistral M530 LMP (Race Room)
Porsche 935 2.0 (Baby) (The Crew2)
Porsche 962 C Team Joest´92 (Race Room)
Porsche Carerra GT Race Car (PC3)
Porsche 918 GT3LM (PC3)
Saleen S7-R ´05 (The Crew2)
Sigma P1 G5 (AMS2)
Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2-R (The Crew2)

maybe more....:indiff:
Awesome... Do you plan to bring any wtcc to assetto from raceroom?

I confess I don't have time to look at the scenery much when racing / hotlapping so I don't pay much attention to debates about graphics enhancements. However, with the latest CSP update, everything has suddenly gone very dark, almost too dark to see the marker boards so I need to look into this. What can I do to let there be light again?

What surprised me the most is difference in rendering trees between default LCS and pure LCS. Is it only me or in default LCS trees look more natural? And, for my eyes (well, on my monitor), _PureLIFE_LCS with last CSP default LCS makes everything looking realistic.
yes, trees get finally really good with LCS. But pure lcs and default lcs for me.. it is the same good looking with trees.

try these 2 LCS filters instead of pureLife.. look much better for me.
i found both on youtube videos..

Quick skin for Knockhill, primarily to replace the AC branding plus fix some other stuff.

View attachment 1355589

Thanks for breaking up the inane and boring chat about Scam Cream that's been in the forums for the last thousand years (or so it seems)

all Cars W.I.P.

DMD P21 LMP2 (Race Room)
DMD P20 LMP (Race Room)
Ford Mustang DMT 5.0 ´92 (Race Room)
Porsche 918 GT3LM (PC3)
Sigma P1 G5 (AMS2)

Incredible list, but could you also consider to convert Datsun 280ZX GTX IMSA from Pcars ?

Thanks

Sorry for asking but by chance someone has V2 of the Autopolis Redux version of PieZello. In the Breathe list it redirects to the Piezello launch video but both download links have unfortunately expired. I was only able to find V1 externally on another website (which is still good) :guilty: thx

In what way are they better than VRC or RSS? Not asking, cause I don't believe you, but cause I heaven't tried these yet and am genuinely interested.
RTT doesn't beat either RSS or VRC. BUT I think they are okay, would I pay for them? No not at that price, especially if you dont have the RSS or VRC car.

Last edited:
all Cars W.I.P.

DMD P21 LMP2 (Race Room)
DMD P20 LMP (Race Room)
Ford Mustang DTM 5.0 ´92 (Race Room)
Porsche 918 GT3LM (PC3)
Sigma P1 G5 (AMS2)

Once upon a time I heard about the Porsche 993 GT1, but all I have seen until now is the Strassenversion. Have you released it and I missed it, or it's an aborted project?

all Cars W.I.P.

DMD P21 LMP2 (Race Room)
DMD P20 LMP (Race Room)
Ford Mustang DTM 5.0 ´92 (Race Room)
Porsche 918 GT3LM (PC3)
Sigma P1 G5 (AMS2)

Well that's a pretty extensive list, thanks!
lets hope to see them soon, keep on with the amazing work💪

Last edited:
RTT claim they making each F1 mod based on the current 2024 F1 season performance numbers.

I have tested most of the F1 tracks raced on this year and the laptimes seem to be close or similar the the current RB20.
Other RB20 F1 mods seem to be way off in terms of Laptimes.

The latest updated version of the RTT RB20 V1.20, seems to achieve lap times very close the the real RB20.
Wow, you have driven the RB20 irl ???
Speaking of “best cars in AC”, IER’s latest creation has dropped in case anyone has missed it.

I instantly bought it ... now at 7229 car mods :cheers:
Quick (mandatory) tip for VR users that experience flickering shadows when moving your head. The new CSP build has a fix that needs to be activated by you:
View attachment 1355591

(I personally reccomend to combine it with shadows res at 1024. This eliminates most of the horizontal aliasing on the first 100meters of shadows > if you turn also off Automatic Split, which is still on in the screenshot.)
I can't read the screenshot... can you pls share it a bit bigger? Thx!

Last edited:

I instantly bought it ... now at 7229 car mods :cheers:

I can't read the screenshot... can you pls share it a bit bigger? Thx!
Settings>CSP>Smart Shadow>Look Direction: Don't use in VR

Attachments

• 20240516_020122.png
    20240516_020122.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 5
A question for anyone who is running the latest CSP build (0.2.4 Preview 1) with LCS on, along with PURE:

I seem to have a really substantial drop in FPS with this latest CSP build. Is anyone else experiencing that?

Last edited:
LOL, So I understand that this is a multicultural site with users from all over the world.

Maybe something gets lost when using translation software? You are the second person to ask me this.

I never said I drove the RB20 irl and I never had to because if anyone wants to know
the real RB20 lap-times all you have to do is watch F1. Good grief people there has already been 6 F1 races!

I know of only 3 RB20 mods that are out this year 1 by SuzQ another was an RB20 Alpha version from someones
discord who I can't recall at the moment and then it was RTT versions.

All I said of all the RB20 mods that I have tested this year the RTT version is the closest to the real RB20 in terms of lap-times that I have tested in AC not not in real life because you can't driver a AC mod in real life maybe VR feels like that to some. lol

Months from now I am sure I will get another reply notification....

"Wow you drove the real RB20 irl"

:lol:

I haven't got any strong opinions here, but if you achieve similar laptimes as in real life races, something is obviously wrong...

But perhaps it has to be, in order for the game to be any fun?

This is another weird comment, which I have to address.

You are better of asking all the AC modders on here why bother with laser scanned tracks why bother updating race tracks every year and car phyisc mods to try to make them perform similar to the the real world cars and tracks they based of? does this make AC more fun???

Should I contact VRC and tell them the latest P49 which achieves almost identical laptime irl at SPA WEC does
not have to be that way in order for the game to be fun?

Anyone can play AC for whatever reason they want to and sorry to sound rude what is fun
for me or isn't is non of your business the same way what is or isn't fun for you is none of my business.

At this point not sure if people are just trolling in this thread but there seems to be plenty of people that feed and encourage trolls here.

I am here because I love AC and love the fantastic modding community that is here. I really don't want to waste my time in this thread doing post like these.

You are better of asking all the AC modders on here why bother with laser scanned tracks why bother updating race tracks every year and car phyisc mods to try to make them perform similar to the the real world cars and tracks they based of? does this make AC more fun???
I wasn't trying to be rude. My point was this: I assume that you, like the rest of us here, are a casual gamer/simracer. If a casual gamer can do similar laptimes in the car as the professional F1 drivers, the car obviously does not perform the same. I'm pretty confident that the professional F1 drivers are the only ones in the entire world that can actually do the laptimes they do in a real F1 car.

Driving a real F1 car on a real F1 track will obviously be the benchmark for realism.

If AC was 100% realistic, I mean so realistic that Max Verstappen himself wasn't able to tell the difference between driving the real car and playing the game, it probably wouldn't be much fun for most of us, because it would be too complicated and difficult.

And we wouldn't be able to do laptimes even remotely close to what the professional drivers do.

I remember seeing a car celebrity trying an F1 car for the first time in his life, and he was absolutely no rookie with cars. He was barely able to take it around the track because it was so hard to manage.

I also play DCS on a regular basis, which is generally known for being one of the most accurate combat flight simulations available for consumers. It is so complicated that I'm not sure if I can call it fun. Satisfying, absolutely, but fun? Not sure. And can I do even remotely what the professional combat pilots do? By no measure!

Repeat my point: Being able to match real laptimes is no benchmark of realism, often rather the opposite.

And disagreeing isn't the same as trolling.

Last edited:
LOL, So I understand that this is a multicultural site with users from all over the world.

Maybe something gets lost when using translation software? You are the second person to ask me this.

I never said I drove the RB20 irl and I never had to because if anyone wants to know
the real RB20 lap-times all you have to do is watch F1. Good grief people there has already been 6 F1 races!

I know of only 3 RB20 mods that are out this year 1 by SuzQ another was an RB20 Alpha version from someones
discord who I can't recall at the moment and then it was RTT versions.

All I said of all the RB20 mods that I have tested this year the RTT version is the closest to the real RB20 in terms of lap-times that I have tested in AC not not in real life because you can't driver a AC mod in real life maybe VR feels like that to some. lol

Months from now I am sure I will get another reply notification....

"Wow you drove the real RB20 irl"

:lol:

This is another weird comment, which I have to address.

Should I contact VRC and tell them the latest P49 which achieves almost identical laptime irl at SPA WEC does
not have to be that way in order for the game to be fun?

Anyone can play AC for whatever reason they want to and sorry to sound rude what is fun
for me or isn't is non of your business the same way what is or isn't fun for you is none of my business.

At this point not sure if people are just trolling in this thread but there seems to be plenty of people that feed and encourage trolls here.

I am here because I love AC and love the fantastic modding community that is here. I really don't want to waste my time in this thread doing post like these.
I agree fully with fleskebacon, and couldn't have said it any better...
I wasn't trying to troll , simply point out that to be able to compare laptimes to the ones seen irl on F1 races, you'd have to ask Max or Checo to come test the car mod, or maybe a handfull of other ppl who would be able to set nearly the same pace.
Comparing your laptimes to Max's and saying you come close means most probably the car mod outperforms the real car, don't you think?

Honestly, I don't have anything to say about surfacesfx, but I want to say that there is something special in new LCS, just try it.

new CSP / default weatherfx / LCS on / default filter

View attachment 1355618

new CSP / default weatherfx / LCS on / _PureLIFE_LCS filter

View attachment 1355619

new CSP / pure weatherfx / LCS on / pureLINEAR filter

View attachment 1355620

new CSP / pure weatherfx / LCS on / _PureLIFE_LCS filter

View attachment 1355621

new CSP / pure weatherfx / LCS off / _PureLIFE_LCS filter

View attachment 1355622

new CSP / pure weatherfx / LCS off / _PureLIFE_LCS filter

View attachment 1355623
Sorry man, LCS need to be activated? How?

I agree fully with fleskebacon, and couldn't have said it any better...
I wasn't trying to troll , simply point out that to be able to compare laptimes to the ones seen irl on F1 races, you'd have to ask Max or Checo to come test the car mod, or maybe a handfull of other ppl who would be able to set nearly the same pace.
Comparing your laptimes to Max's and saying you come close means most probably the car mod outperforms the real car, don't you think?
And even Max would then probably struggle with other things, because driving a real car just isn't the same as driving a simulator or a game.

My brother-in-law has done a fair share of actual racing. And he refuses to drive my simulator, even if I buy him beer, because he gets so frustrated with it. He says it's not at all like driving a real car on a real track. Doesn't even matter if I set him up with a familiar car at a familiar track. He just can't manage. At all. And I know for a fact that he can handle himself in a real car on a real track.

So it all boils down to comparing apples, oranges and potatoes.

Comparing my brother-in-law's sim laptimes at Vålerbanen with his real laptimes there, and then looking at my sim laptimes would indicate that I'm a far superior driver, because I can easily beat both his real laptimes and his simulated ones. While he can't match his own real laptimes, not even in a much faster car than his real one. But am I the better driver? Absolutely not. I'm just better than him at playing video games. 😊

Edit: And one more thing, matching a car to a specific laptime only requires some gentle, simple and possibly virtually invisible bop-ing of the car in question. Which is another reason for not using laptimes as a measure of realism/authenticity.

Last edited:
And even Max would then probably struggle with other things, because driving a real car just isn't the same as driving a simulator or a game.

My brother-in-law has done a fair share of actual racing. And he refuses to drive my simulator, even if I buy him beer, because he gets so frustrated with it. He says it's not at all like driving a real car on a real track. Doesn't even matter if I set him up with a familiar car at a familiar track. He just can't manage. At all. And I know for a fact that he can handle himself in a real car on a real track.

So it all boils down to comparing apples, oranges and potatoes.

Comparing my brother-in-law's sim laptimes at Vålerbanen with his real laptimes there, and then looking at my sim laptimes would indicate that I'm a far superior driver, because I can easily beat both his real laptimes and his simulated ones. While he can't match his own real laptimes, not even in a much faster car than his real one. But am I the better driver? Absolutely not. I'm just better than him at playing video games. 😊

Edit: And one more thing, matching a car to a specific laptime only requires some gentle, simple and possibly virtually invisible bop-ing of the car in question. Which is another reason for not using laptimes as a measure of realism/authenticity.

I have a good friend who is an absolutely car maniac and good driver but he has nothing to do with gaming .

I tried to convince him million times to try simracing and I let him drive several times.
Unfortunately driving AC he says for him it has nothing to do with real car driving m :(

Incomprehensibly while driving AMS2 he says that’s much closer to the real thing 😡

Sorry for asking but by chance someone has V2 of the Autopolis Redux version of PieZello. In the Breathe list it redirects to the Piezello launch video but both download links have unfortunately expired. I was only able to find V1 externally on another website (which is still good) :guilty: thx
Dude, why search for bad pizello mod when there is a perfect autopolis already on overtake.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back