Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack 2 Lands on PC Today, Volume 1 Hits PS4 & XB1 November 29

Can you move the brake/clutch pedal plates into any two holes stacked vertically with the v3's? Or are those holes just for show? I imagine it could be nice to have the option to make adjustments like that.

Yeah, but that just moves them side to side, doesn't move them forward at all. I like the brake pedal to be a little closer to me than the throttle so that when I press the brake it becomes level with the throttle and I can just reach over with the right side of my foot and tap the throttle (if that makes sense). With the default configuration of the V3's the brake and throttle are on the same plane so when you press the brake it's now below the throttle and difficult/impossible to blip it with my pinky toe. They come with a spacer for the D-shaped pedals but I think I can use it for the flat pedal plates too, though I might push it out too far.

This is what I'm talking about. On my WRX (this is not my video) this is pretty much the only way you can rev match because the throttle pedal doesn't come down far enough to hit it with your heel.

Yeah, but that just moves them side to side, doesn't move them forward at all. I like the brake pedal to be a little closer to me than the throttle so that when I press the brake it becomes level with the throttle and I can just reach over with the right side of my foot and tap the throttle (if that makes sense). With the default configuration of the V3's the brake and throttle are on the same plane so when you press the brake it's now below the throttle and difficult/impossible to blip it with my pinky toe. They come with a spacer for the D-shaped pedals but I think I can use it for the flat pedal plates too, though I might push it out too far.
Ahhh! Yes...Now I understand what you were talking about. When I have used heel/toe downshifting I also used the side/blade of my foot to blip the throttle. It's been quite a while for me. I don't think anyone would really want to loam me their car until I get used to it again. :lol:

I wasn't using the auto-blip, to be honest I didn't know what was that. I tried with the auto blip and was better. One thing I tried to mimic the guy in the video and steer like him, he does small and fast movements, right and left, it's incredible but it seems to work for the YB. I modified my old sports car pedals to make heel and toe easy, but the G29 pedals can't be moved. Thank you for the help.
GTB 2.jpg

Nice driving @Drausio. :) I could drive that Yellowbird all day long...and often do! :D

It's a wild feeling when you're barreling toward Aremberg - you take that high-speed left (schwedenkreuz) and you realize you were carrying just a little too much speed because you've got to get on the brakes hard and the car isn't completely settled yet. She's still swaying ever so slightly... The car does a frightening little dance as you're so hard on the brakes, praying you don't end up in the sand...The 4 wheels bite and you make the turn-in right...Safely thru Aremberg. :eek:

Nice driving @Drausio. :) I could drive that Yellowbird all day long...and often do! :D

It's a wild feeling when you're barreling toward Aremberg - you take that high-speed left (schwedenkreuz) and you realize you were carrying just a little too much speed because you've got to get on the brakes hard and the car isn't completely settled yet. She's still swaying ever so slightly... The car does a frightening little dance as you're so hard on the brakes, praying you don't end up in the sand...The 4 wheels bite and you make the turn-in right...Safely thru Aremberg. :eek:
That's right, I'm not really acquainted with the "YB steering style".

Well folks, much earlier than I had dreamed, I’ve got my Porsches and +, at a good discount. Haven’t got time to taste any of them but will to be a great contribution to my stable.
Tonight is crab night at local sports club and crabs season is short here, so Porsches will wait. Will post pictures (of the crabs).

Back