Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack 2 Lands on PC Today, Volume 1 Hits PS4 & XB1 November 29

I purchased the Season Pass more than a month ago. At this point I've mostly forgotten about it, so all the Porsche Packs and the Red Pack are just going to seem like free DLC =) Like when you accidentally leave some cash in a winter coat pocket and forget about it. Next winter, free money!

Anyone know if this adds more events? I'm thinking of buying these with the last $16 bucks I have from my No Man's Sky refund :D The season pass is actually a pretty good deal.

Not sure if i like the new system of not being able to post comments on the news section, but having to be redirected to a separate thread each time. What do you guys think?

Just seen what you're talking about, kinda smart as it'll probably enable them to moderate comments better I suppose, but it also takes the fun out of 'baiting the kiddies in the comments. :sly:

Whatever, too busy enjoying the pack to care right now. :lol:

Not sure if i like the new system of not being able to post comments on the news section, but having to be redirected to a separate thread each time. What do you guys think?
I'd prefer it the other way but I'd guess it has to do with moderation.

We probably all prefer the old way because thats the way it always has been, not because it's definitively better. If, say, in five years they change it back, we'll probably prefer the old new way over the new old way. =)

About the new commenting system: it's to streamline discussion between the front page and the forums. Most things posted on the blog already are being discussed somewhere here. Now, there's one discussion, not two.

The new feature also allows a narrative to carry over across numerous blog articles. If an article on a specific topic pops up, and a new article expanding on it arrives a few days later, the comments will now be able to follow the full story from the beginning, without needing to jump around. It also helps lead people to more in-depth discussions more directly: a great example would be the latest GT6 Seasonals thread article (check out the comments link now, care of @Jordan).

It's also worth pointing out that the connection between blog posts and forum threads is flexible: it can be changed over time. An article may be linked to a different thread if its deemed appropriate.

Also — *Editor hat off* — this helps the community move away from giant, monolithic threads. These can be impenetrable for casual readers, so new threads (where applicable) are much more approachable if they're looking for the gist of the subject, and a discussion largely focused on it.

Our strongest feature is our community. This is shining a stronger light on it. 👍

i like the new comments system
on news...

BTW i totally LOVE these Porsche packs... The cars look Amazing and they are totally fun to drive!
Even beasts like Panamera and Cayenne are good cause Kunos wisely choosed to put in the more powerful turbo versions...

And on 20th december we will get 7 more cars (alongside a Always welcome update to the game)...

I am happy that console players can have soon the Porsche pack Too... I Hope with good fixes to the game Too...

Pity Console players cannot have at least custom liveries cause the original ones for racing cars are often bland and without real life sponsorships (and some racing cars like the lotus evora just have 1 racing livery and a lot of blank road car liveries instead)... I Hope Kunos can overconw this with MS and SCE to include at least mod liveries...

What options are available for the ERS on the 919 Hybrid? Is it along the lines of the SF15-T where you can choose to harvest more or be aggressive in it's delivery to various degrees for example?

Also, I would love to see the Showroom sequence for these cars... Hint hint.
:D

What options are available for the ERS on the 919 Hybrid? Is it along the lines of the SF15-T where you can choose to harvest more or be aggressive in it's delivery to various degrees for example?

Also, I would love to see the Showroom sequence for these cars... Hint hint.
:D
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/919-lmp1-electronics-explained-official.39419/

Sounds like the most agressive setting won't even make it round a short lap (too much energy use compared with amount harvested), so the advice is to run a less aggressive setting and manually use ERS for overtaking.

So. by the end of the year, 2/3 of the users will have 2/3 of the content the other third have....

And maybe the Red Pack...

And really usable online someday - maybe...

Harder and harder to be excited about Assetto Corsa...

So. by the end of the year, 2/3 of the users will have 2/3 of the content the other third have....

And maybe the Red Pack...

And really usable online someday - maybe...

Harder and harder to be excited about Assetto Corsa...
2/3?

It's more likely 1/5

PS4: 57K

One: 14K

Steam: +370K

Sources: VGChartz and SteamSpy

SteamSpy I'll give you, but VGChartz? You have got to be joking. VGWeMakeItAllUpz more like. Not a quoteable site at all.

I think this is much better, I never liked the limited way of the old feedback system.

SteamSpy I'll give you, but VGChartz? You have got to be joking. VGWeMakeItAllUpz more like. Not a quoteable site at all.
Well, is the only site with console (physical) sales more or less.

Steam Spy is also not accurate in terms of sales.

Even so, the game sales on consoles are not 2/3 of the total.

On PC Assetto Corsa has toped at approx 400,000
But on Consoles it has already gone over 1,000,000 This is what it means to go Gold.
Verified by Assetto Corsa directly.

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Assetto-Corsa-on-PS4-Xbox-One-has-gone-gold

Console sales are more than 3/4ths Total, or 3 to 1 vs PC sales.

Screenshot (851).png

But on Consoles it has already gone over 1,000,000 This is what it means to go Gold.

You're suggesting they sold over seven digits a month before it was even released?

"Going gold" means the final retail version of the game has gone off to be printed on physical media. That's all.

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Assetto-Corsa-on-PS4-Xbox-One-has-gone-gold

Console sales are more than 3/4ths Total, or 3 to 1 vs PC sales.

View attachment 609026

Yeah, they had 1,000,000 sales one month earlier to the official game launch...

Lol.

That Gold is like a Game ready for publishing, not a 1,000,000 sales xd

Also — *Editor hat off* — this helps the community move away from giant, monolithic threads. These can be impenetrable for casual readers, so new threads (where applicable) are much more approachable if they're looking for the gist of the subject, and a discussion largely focused on it.
Don't get me wrong here, the rest of what you wrote was spot on, but this is hands-down the truth. Even as a casual member of the site, it gets so hard to even keep up with certain threads that have thousands of posts of one very broad topic. Huge improvement by doing this with the comment section. 👍

About the new commenting system: it's to streamline discussion between the front page and the forums.
I like this concept for news post comments, but would make one suggestion. Above the "# Comments/Join the discussion about this post in the GTPlanet Forums..." pane, have a pane that previews 5 or 10 comments from the thread in a simplified form, with the comments that received the most likes appearing at the top.

That said, I'm freaking bummed that Porsche didn't make it to console in time for the holiday. They may be available soon, but I probably won't get any time to play until after Christmas :( I suppose I can practice with the YB some :lol:

You're suggesting they sold over seven digits a month before it was even released?

"Going gold" means the final retail version of the game has gone off to be printed on physical media. That's all.

Wiz
No it doesn't. Going gold in this sense means it's the version of the game that was sent to the company stamping the discs.

Look at the dates of those tweets as well. They're before the game was even released on console.

Edit: Ninja'd by SlipZtrEm

Yes, I stand Corrected..
After looking at the date.. Their Use of Going Gold Meant that the GOLD master went to Press.
I've Searched again for more recent sales figures, but can not find anything reputable to post.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

I have watched far too much gameplay from Porsche Pack Vol II. It is the pack I am living for - I need the 919 Hybrid, 911 GT1 and 962C in my life! - and I cannot help but watch those crazy machines being tested. Probably teasing myself though.

Pity Console players cannot have at least custom liveries cause the original ones for racing cars are often bland and without real life sponsorships (and some racing cars like the lotus evora just have 1 racing livery and a lot of blank road car liveries instead)... I Hope Kunos can overconw this with MS and SCE to include at least mod liveries...

I would just be happy to be able to select my own racing number. Even, old, outdated GT5/6 on PS3 could do this! We won't even mention painting cars will we ;-)

Back