Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack 2 Lands on PC Today, Volume 1 Hits PS4 & XB1 November 29

Incredible to think that the 917/30 was racing in '73, a time where the most powerful road car would have been the 33 Stradale or the early Countach or the 365/GTB4 Daytona. Even to this day, it would totally destroy the latest hypercars. Silly to think that they cancelled the Can-Am series because of its domination. Why didn't they do the same with F1 with the McLaren MP4/4 in that case?
I've read that the cancelling of CAN-AM because of this car is a bit of a stretching of the truth. If I'm not mistaken, Porsche had pulled out of CAN-AM and didn't participate in the last year, but the energy crisis (middle east oil) played a part.

I'm not an expert on racing history, so maybe what I'm remembering is wrong, but I think it's a bit of a wives tale to pin the cancellation entirely on the 917/30. Although, I can't imagine being a competitor driving something different and feeling too good about my chances. :lol: "Awww...crap. The 917s are here...hope I can get 3rd place then!" :D

Well hit my first landmine.
917/30 at Monza 66 Rd Course.
Just before bridge,about 10 feet on right side.
Tried it 8 times,slow or fast it hits it.
Anyone else? Going to report it now.

Well hit my first landmine.
917/30 at Monza 66 Rd Course.
Just before bridge,about 10 feet on right side.
Tried it 8 times,slow or fast it hits it.
Anyone else? Going to report it now.
Ouch!

For kicks, on the PC versions I just loaded up 1966 Monza Road Course with the Porsche 917/30. I was able to drive through unmolested. That really sucks because you kind of want to be on the right side if you're hauling considering you have that sweeping left coming up. It should be a super simple fix - I just hope they get it into this patch they're talking about for next week or so.

I also seem to remember hitting an unexpected bump driving the 917/30 on modern Monza. Landmines crossed my mind.

Looks sync'd to me. When he turns left the rig leans right, when he turns right it leans left, when he accelerates it leans back, when he brakes it leans forward, when he goes over a crest the entire rig lifts up. That being said, I had a brief go in a similar (if a bit inferior) rig and found all the movement fairly distracting and not natural feeling.

Yes, I guess that is what I mean. It just does not look natural. If I hadn't seen the screen, I'd think he was using a flight sim, not a racing sim.

Ouch!

For kicks, on the PC versions I just loaded up 1966 Monza Road Course with the Porsche 917/30. I was able to drive through unmolested. That really sucks because you kind of want to be on the right side if you're hauling considering you have that sweeping left coming up. It should be a super simple fix - I just hope they get it into this patch they're talking about for next week or so.
Yeah I hit it going full blast. Backed up hit it backing up.
Went around it and hit it slow.Did it 8 times.
Ooops,little problem there.

I bought in pre-sale, now I have to pay for the Porsches. What the hell was included in that pre-sale pack ?

I'll wait for the Porsches until next black friday. I'm happy with the Ferraris. As a matter of fact the Sauber C9 at Nurb is enough for me, that's a challenge.

Hi, just wanted to know how much $ for all those cars/tracks pack from the beginning until today for the PS4 ?

The season pass is $30 ($29.99) on the NA PSN store, it includes the Japanese pack, the Red pack, and all three Porsche packs. All the DLC isn't out for the game yet though, but here is what you can currently purchase on the PSN store.

Japanese Pack - $4.99
Porsche Pack 1 - $6.99
Prestige Pack - $6.99
Performance Pack - $4.99

I'm not sure if the season pass gives access to the Prestige or Performance pack. Don't purchase both the Prestige and Performance pack though, they have the same exact cars in them but the Prestige pack has a few more the Performance pack doesn't have.

Again, all these prices are based off the NA PSN store.

I had a pre-order AC from PSN Store Brazil, (I think is region 1, Americas, North, Central, South) and got none of these packs. Performance or Prestige. I'll have to pay for these. I had undertood, according the news at the time, some of these would came, as a DLC, to be further release, with the game, or the Red Pack, Performance, Japanese, but just got nothing. Rather disappointing.

I had a pre-order AC from PSN Store Brazil, (I think is region 1, Americas, North, Central, South) and got none of these packs. Performance or Prestige. I'll have to pay for these. I had undertood, according the news at the time, some of these would came, as a DLC, to be further release, with the game, or the Red Pack, Performance, Japanese, but just got nothing. Rather disappointing.
Better check out what you bought exactly, could have been just a pre order for the base game? How much did you pay?

Better check out what you bought exactly, could have been just a pre order for the base game? How much did you pay?
I paid USD 60.00 at PSN Store. I don't know if at this price there is something included. The PSN Store invoice does not show. I guess it may be, if any, the Red Pack which hasn't released yet. Anyway I'll wait till next year. The cars and tracks the game already has are enough. As Stefano said you have to learn the circuits and the cars. So I have plenty of that before I move on to additional cars.

Last edited:
I paid USD 60.00 at PSN Store. I don't know if at this price there is something included. The PSN Store invoice does not show. I guess it may be, if any, the Red Pack which hasn't released yet. Anyway I'll wait till next year. The cars and tracks the game already has are enough. As Stefano said you have to learn the circuits and the cars. So I have plenty of that before I move on to additional cars.View attachment 611934
That's odd. US PS Store? Full retail price is $49.99. Prestige Pack was free with preorder before August release. Red Pack is included in Season Pass or as individual DLC when it is released.

As for the price it's higher because the prices in Brazil carry "inside" taxes. For the cars is even odd I checked and I have the 488 GTB, the Corvette C7, Audi R8 V10, the Nissan GTR GT3 but not the other Nissans and no Mustang 2015, Toyotas, Mazdas or Lamborghini Gallardo. I guess our local pack is different for some dark reasons beyond my understanding.

As for the price it's higher because the prices in Brazil carry "inside" taxes. For the cars is even odd I checked and I have the 488 GTB, the Corvette C7, Audi R8 V10, the Nissan GTR GT3 but not the other Nissans and no Mustang 2015, Toyotas, Mazdas or Lamborghini Gallardo. I guess our local pack is different for some dark reasons beyond my understanding.
Eh, the Japanese cars are nothing special...but no Gallardo SL?! :eek: :banghead:

There's nothing wrong there. You pre-ordered the digital copy and got the Performance Pack. Just like everyone else in the world.

It's clear now. Thks for explaining. I never looked in depth into these packs. I was happy with the Ferraris and the other cars. The sound of the cars is incredible. The C9 turbos whitle, how do dthey do that ? I'll wait for all the packs arrive. Then will make a decision. At the moment I'm trying different cars in the Nords.

That's just business. Somebody has to pay to play. How the payment is collected is business model. Payers has to be satisfied or go elsewere. If payers are not large enough play ends sooner. Kuno's has kept AC as simple as possible not risking too ambicious targets beyond good physics. I think that's a wise way to go for such a small company. They can build around this already efficient core and became a respected boutique company GTB 1.jpg . May be this is the future of the business.

Cool down... But why small company easily can use their official Porsche cars in their game, but Gran Turismo can't after so many years ?

Cool down... But why small company easily can use their official Porsche cars in their game, but Gran Turismo can't after so many years ?
Cause Kunos makes the professional simulators and the simulators of the Porsche experience centers and achieved and agreement with Porsche ho allows them introduce the cars in their comercial simulator (Assetto Corsa)

The other licence is still in exclusivity with EA till 2017...If EA d'ont renews the contract, then other companies like Polyphony Digital can achieve the license without an economic agreement extra to pay to EA (what Turn 10 studios did to get some Porsches in Forza).

Back