Assetto Corsa Porsche Videos: 917K, 908 LH & 911 GT3 R

Great sound on those porsche's :).
Engine sound is great:tup: but that mid corner tyre squeal:tdown:.

Has something changed in the tyre sounds? Or is it the new V10 tyre model maybe? I hated them yesterday while driving the 911 Carrera S. Every corner there is that horrible squealing from the moment I turned into any corner, even with hardly any steering input:crazy::yuck:.

Has something changed in the tyre sounds? Or is it the new V10 tyre model maybe? I hated them yesterday while driving the 911 Carrera S. Every corner there is that horrible squealing from the moment I turned into any corner, even with hardly any steering input:crazy::yuck:.
You can adjust the sound of the tyres in the settings menu.

Awesome videos, thanks guys! :)👍

Ever since meeting Hans Herrmann in person while researching the Solitude Rennstrecke for pcars, my #1 sim racing wish (well, besides the Solitude Rennstrecke of course) was to have his Le Mans-winning car in a major sim and now its finally come true! It sounds good too, quite close to what I heard at the Solitude Revival. Well, except for the ridiculous amount of tire squeal. :boggled:

Very bad examples of driving, not smooth, unrefined, and not exploiting the width of the track ... 👎
Have you considered that, maybe, that's not the point of the article?

Maybe the point is - and I'm quoting from the article itself here - "to show off some of the contents of the final pack in Porsche’s current offerings to Assetto Corsa"?

Which, incidentally, it does very well.

Very bad examples of driving, not smooth, unrefined, and not exploiting the width of the track ... 👎

I've been seeing a few of these comments, and I'd dare to ask if you (and/or the others) have even read the article? It very clearly isn't a demonstration of my skill, the point is to demonstrate the cars and tell something akin to a story.

Hence the descriptive write-up.

Perhaps you could give us a demonstration video on Tuesday! I'm sure you can enlighten us with your skills:idea:

I've been seeing a few of these comments, and I'd dare to ask if you (and/or the others) have even read the article? It very clearly isn't a demonstration of my skill, the point is to demonstrate the cars and tell something akin to a story.

Sorry, i'd be less rude if i've read that those videos came from gtplanet stuff.

Don't take it like an offense, but like something to improve. We often want to see some good action or nice videos. If it was only for show the sounds the video could be some samples of exterior and interior, replay, etc.

If it was only for show the cars... some replay, exterior and interior views could be fine.

Sorry if my comment has offended you, I also have critics for my work and I try to see what can I improve. I will be kinder next time, sorry again :)

Very bad example of not smooth, unrefined understanding of the word context and not exploiting all of your brain cells.

Perhaps you could give us a demonstration video on Tuesday! I'm sure you can enlighten us with your skills:idea:

It's not about skills, it's about driving more natural and smooth. I don't have a blog, that's not my job ;)

Very bad example of not smooth, unrefined understanding of the word context and not exploiting all of your brain cells.

I was waiting for something better and showing more of the cars, that's all. You can't always cry with a critic...

Very poor example of forum etiquette. Not nice, rude, and not necessary...👎

Reasoned criticts are necessary for improvements. We don't have to be always nice and I've said sorry for my rudeness as I saw it has probably offended someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't worry about it :) looks like some people just have to criticize everything, i hope you don't stop demonstrating dlc cars in the future since i'm on PS4 and are getting access to the dlc's later than PC gamers.

I watched the videos to see the Red Bull Ring and hear the engine sound on the 3 porsche's :) so for me the videos you made was excactly what i was looking for :gtpflag:.

Last edited:
It's not about skills, it's about driving more natural and smooth. I don't have a blog, that's not my job ;)

I was waiting for something better and showing more of the cars, that's all. You can't always cry with a critic...

Reasoned criticts are necessary for improvements. We don't have to be always nice and I've said sorry for my rudeness as I saw it has probably offended someone.
So driving natural and smooth is not a skill requirement? I don't think I would call GT Planet a blog.

Sorry, i'd be less rude if i've read that those videos came from gtplanet stuff.

Or, and this may prove a foreign concept, you could have offered constructive criticism to begin with. The outcome would have been exactly the same, but you wouldn't now be in a position where you find it necessary to now defend yourself.

Don't take it like an offense, but like something to improve.

There's nothing to improve because, again, the point of the gameplay demonstrations isn't to showcase my skill, it's to showcase the vehicles according to the write-up in mind.

We often want to see some good action or nice videos. If it was only for show the sounds the video could be some samples of exterior and interior, replay, etc.

If it was only for show the cars... some replay, exterior and interior views could be fine.

Who is "we?" You only speak for yourself. If you want to see gameplay videos showcasing one's skills, that's perfectly fine – I won't criticize you for it, but you need to learn the difference between showcasing one's skills, and a narrative.

Sorry if my comment has offended you, I also have critics for my work and I try to see what can I improve. I will be kinder next time, sorry again :)

While the apology is appreciated, you're continuing to miss the point. We will try harder in the future to please specifically you.

Don't worry about it :) looks like some people just have to criticize everything, i hope you don't stop demonstrating dlc cars in the future since i'm on PS4 and are getting access to the dlc's later than PC gamers.

I watched the videos to see the Red Bull Ring and hear the engine sound on the 3 porsche's :) so for me the videos you made was excactly what i was looking for :gtpflag:.

Not at all. I would imagine @SlipZtrEm is probably going to tackle some videos next week; I'm thinking a comparison between the SF15-T on consoles and PC would make an interesting (read: headache) piece.

You can adjust the sound of the tyres in the settings menu.
I'm on PS4, so no I can't adjust the sound of the tyres, only the volume level, which I have turned down but that loses all the detailed thresh-hold braking information. I am just bewildered as to why it has been changed from what was in IMO the best tyre sounds to very close to the worst of any driving/racing game.:boggled:

I'm on PS4, so no I can't adjust the sound of the tyres, only the volume level, which I have turned down but that loses all the detailed thresh-hold braking information. I am just bewildered as to why it has been changed from what was in IMO the best tyre sounds to very close to the worst of any driving/racing game.:boggled:

I haven't noticed any change to the tyre sound, i think tyre V10 is coming in the update next week with the red pack.

I haven't noticed any change to the tyre sound, i think tyre V10 is coming in the update next week with the red pack.
Please listen again to the first video in the news article, you only have to watch the first 15 seconds to hear the over-stated nature of the tyre sounds. They still sound very good and detailed while braking but to make that horrid noise in every turn whether on the grip threshold or not is IMO ridiculous and offers no useful tyre information at all. I've only noticed it on the Porsche's (edit: 911 Carrera S in particular) so far which (I think) are already on V10 tyres on PS4 (but please don't quote me on that) and I'm uncertain at this stage if the tyre version is to blame.... or maybe it's just me.

Last edited:
Please listen again to the first video in the news article, you only have to watch the first 15 seconds to hear the over-stated nature of the tyre sounds. They still sound very good and detailed while braking but to make that horrid noise in every turn whether on the grip threshold or not is IMO ridiculous and offers no useful tyre information at all. I've only noticed it on the Porsche's (edit: 911 Carrera S in particular) so far which (I think) are already on V10 tyres on PS4 (but please don't quote me on that) and I'm uncertain at this stage if the tyre version is to blame.... or maybe it's just me.

Maybe it's the tyre compound? because the second video the tyre sound isn't that distinctive, it's hard to say out of a video, i have to wait and test this myself on PS4, but these porsche's is from the third porsche pack and the videos is from AC on pc, so maybe the sound is a bit different on pc or he have changed the tyre sound setting, i don't know, i have to test this when the cars is released for PS4.

Maybe it's the tyre compound? because the second video the tyre sound isn't that distinctive, it's hard to say out of a video, i have to wait and test this myself on PS4, but these porsche's is from the third porsche pack and the videos is from AC on pc, so maybe the sound is a bit different on pc or he have changed the tyre sound setting, i don't know, i have to test this when the cars is released for PS4.
Yes, the second video isn't as bad and then third one is half way in between, so yes it could be the tyre compound (maybe). I've tried some of the Porsche's on PS4 and by far the worst of those was the 911 Carrera S I previously mentioned, so it's not a PC only thing.

Yes, the second video isn't as bad and then third one is half way in between, so yes it could be the tyre compound (maybe). I've tried some of the Porsche's on PS4 and by far the worst of those was the 911 Carrera S I previously mentioned, so it's not a PC only thing.

I just tried the Porsche 911 Carrera S now on Brands Hatch with semi slicks and street tyres and it is a bit too much tyre sqeal for my liking as well :embarrassed:.

Last edited:

It's not his first time with this kind of 'feedback'.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-porsche-videos-cayman-gt4-911-rsr.352056/

It was my turn in the last thread, as unless a lap is perfect on the driving line and clips every single apex perfectly then it's not a clean lap!

Oh and GT6 apparently had better grip to slip transition.

It's not his first time with this kind of 'feedback'.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-porsche-videos-cayman-gt4-911-rsr.352056/

It was my turn in the last thread, as unless a lap is perfect on the driving line and clips every single apex perfectly then it's not a clean lap!

Oh and GT6 apparently had better grip to slip transition.

This time it's not a feedback about the game, but a comment about what can we expert (as simulators and racing games enthusiasts) from the biggest and the best website in this matter (as this is gtplanet in my opinion :) )

Expecting some good driving in gtplanet isn't demanding too much in order to show those new cars.

Don't take critics like offenses but only like an opinion and maybe a thing to improve if you have some autocriticism, but it's only my opinion. And comments are made to express our opinions.

And yes, for me GT6 has better grip to slip transition after re-playing AC PS4 for +1 month and several FFB and settings configurations, from 0 aids to 100%. I still think that it isn't natural the way you have to wait the finish of a slip sequence. It's feels not alive at the grip limits in comparison to GT6 and real life. But i have some fun everyday with AC waiting for GT Sport...

Last edited:
This time it's not a feedback about the game, but a comment about what can we expert (as simulators and racing games enthusiasts) from the biggest and the best website in this matter (as this is gtplanet in my opinion :) )

Expecting some good driving in gtplanet isn't demanding too much in order to show those new cars.

Don't take critics like offenses but only like an opinion and maybe a thing to improve if you have some autocriticism, but it's only my opinion. And comments are made to express our opinions.
A old saying comes to mind.

"Those that can, do. Those that can't, become critics"

You're quick to force your view on others, insist on your own definitions (that do not meet the norm), insist that you know what something must be showing (over and above those that actually created it) , don't consider how you may come across in your tone and have failed to demonstrate your own ability.

Don't, given the above, be surprised when people then take issue.

A old saying comes to mind.

"Those that can, do. Those that can't, become critics"

You're quick to force your view on others, insist on your own definitions (that do not meet the norm), insist that you know what something must be showing (over and above those that actually created it) , don't consider how you may come across in your tone and have failed to demonstrate your own ability.

Don't, given the above, be surprised when people then take issue.

So, don't you never ever make a critic in your whole life (even as a user or a reader) because in your own citation that's would be reveal that you can't do anything of that ... Don't make critics to your newspaper, don't critic the software you use and you've paid for, etc ... Ridiculous

I'm a user of driving and simulator games and a reader, not a critic ;)

I'm not forcing anyone to my view ! I'm only expressing my opinion, it's very simple to understand this. I've wrote many many times the words "in my opinion" in every comment i do. People who force their views on others never do that.

I accept all views and all opinions, no problem. Don't take critics and opinions like offenses, please.

So, don't you never ever make a critic in your whole life (even as a user or a reader) because in your own citation that's would be reveal that you can't do anything of that ... Don't make critics to your newspaper, don't critic the software you use and you've paid for, etc ... Ridiculous

I'm a user of driving and simulator games and a reader, not a critic ;)

I'm not forcing anyone to my view ! I'm only expressing my opinion, it's very simple to understand this. I've wrote many many times the words "in my opinion" in every comment i do. People who force their views on others never do that.

I accept all views and all opinions, no problem. Don't take critics and opinions like offenses, please.
As others have said you need to both understand how to offer constructive feedback and when. Now if the videos had been preporting to show the ideal line, the fastest lap or the finest driving skills, then you critique (while still poorly communicated) would be relevant. However as none of them have been presented in that way, then it's not.

As for my ability to offer feedback to people, well I've spent twenty years in training within the motor industry, and run a team of 12. I can assure you that the manner in which you are offering it is the wrong way to go about it.

Now as for the saying, what it means is those that offer themselves up as experts should not be the ones refusing to show what they mean and demonstrate the ability they have. It's a polite way of saying you need to put your money where your mouth is.

Back