Assetto Corsa Porsche Videos: Cayman GT4 & 911 RSR

I look every day for the seasson pass discount here in spain every day! For the moment, the porsche pack its the only i have buyed. The feels and sounds if each car are amazing. Porsche in a driving simulator! Finally! The assetto Corsa experience is incredible.

This game is completely unreal, no sense of feeling the grip, no sense of steering effect, always correcting the gas input and the steering wheel (see the videos) ... Impossible to make two cleans laps, like in real life and in GT6, you never knows what line you will finally do if you try to push a bit... AC is a lack of consistence and lack of progressiveness, as you can see in these videos. It's a shame because with more progessive physics and more sense of speed it would be gorgeous as simulator. (I already have AC in PC and a T500RS steering wheel)

@oneloops You think GT6 is more realistic than Assetto Corsa or just easier to drive? It is easier because it is nowhere near as realistic as AC.

Perhaps you can't put in successive clean laps because you are over driving or are approaching AC as if it is GT. It is a very different experience and it requires a more considered and realistic driving style.

Last edited:
This game is completely unreal, no sense of feeling the grip, no sense of steering effect, always correcting the gas input and the steering wheel (see the videos) ... Impossible to make two cleans laps, like in real life and in GT6, you never knows what line you will finally do if you try to push a bit... AC is a lack of consistence and lack of progressiveness, as you can see in these videos. It's a shame because with more progessive physics and more sense of speed it would be gorgeous as simulator. (I already have AC in PC and a T500RS steering wheel)
You seem to have a very different version of AC to everyone else I've spoken to!

My copy has excellent progression, a great sense of grip and feedback and I can put in lap after lap cleanly.

It boggles the mind how someone could hold this opinion.

@oneloops You think GT6 is more realistic than Assetto Corsa or just easier to drive? It is easier because it is nowhere near as realistic as AC.

Perhaps you can't put in successive clean laps because you are over driving or are approaching AC as of it is GT. It is a very different experience and it requires a more considered and realistic driving style.

I've passed lots of days and months giving a chance to AC. With a real car in a track i don't drive as bad as i can't repeat clean laps, so it's not a fact of realism, is something impredictable and (on/off) that feel of grip/no grip, that's the reason you are always correcting the throttle input and the steering wheel input (as we can see in tons of videos too).

GT6 is a simplified simulator in comparison with AC but at least you can feel that clean transition between grip and drift.

Some cars are ok in my opinion, specially the Ferrari 458 GT2, the best part of the others kind of cars seem heavier, rough and clumsy than in real life.

Impossible to make two cleans laps.
This doesn't sound like a problem with the game. I'm not the best driver but i put in 7 clean consistent laps in an 8 lap race (BMW GT3) last night improving lap after lap.

Perhaps you can't put in successive clean laps because you are over driving or are approaching AC as of it is GT. It is a very different experience and it requires a more considered and realistic driving style.
I find AC easier to drive than GT "because" it's more realistic. Often in GT i felt no connection to the car.

Last edited:
I've passed lots of days and months giving a chance to AC. With a real car in a track i don't drive as bad as i can't repeat clean laps, so it's not a fact of realism, is something impredictable and (on/off) that feel of grip/no grip, that's the reason you are always correcting the throttle input and the steering wheel input (as we can see in tons of videos too).

GT6 is a simplified simulator in comparison with AC but at least you can feel that clean transition between grip and drift.

Some cars are ok in my opinion, specially the Ferrari 458 GT2, the best part of the others kind of cars seem heavier, rough and clumsy than in real life.
I don't find the grip to slip transition to be on/off at all in AC, quite the opposite in fact and can put together clean laps quite consistently.

I also don't find the need to make constant corrections to the steering and/or throttle either, unless I'm pushing the car in question. Then you do, but that's no different at all to reality.

There's certainly a learning curve to be had with AC, and my only real sim experiece was with pCARS. I was good at that game, but when I first fired up AC I was finding it hard to not spin out or make mistakes. Now I know how the physics and handling work I am having way more fun with the cars than I ever did in pCARS. Not much experience with GT but even the recent footage of GTS makes it look very easy to drive with little worry of grass or curbs ending your race.

I was guilty of trying to over drive the cars in AC, I had to slow down and be sensible, then the speed came back. It really is a pleasure driving cars in AC, both road and race.

Ok, i'll give another chance to AC in PS4, i just bought it again,(i already had it in pc version) 5 minutes ago :) Maybe it was a problem with my pc, some lag or something ...

I said that because it would be gorgeous as simulator with some little changes in my opinion, not to troll AC.

Thanks for your advices ! See you in the track ;)

After years of driving only GT I struggled through a couple of weeks of frequent driving to unlearn my bad habits. Pretty much everything you describe as a negative with this game is the total opposite for me. I've never been more consistent in any other game ever because I know every car is going to behave the way I expect it to and I can feel and hear everything that's happening with the car. On e the tites settle into their operating temps i can usually run lap after lap in most cars within a few tenths. Always amazes me how two people can play the same game and have completely opposite experiences.

Ok, i'll give another chance to AC in PS4, i just bought it again,(i already had it in pc version) 5 minutes ago :) Maybe it was a problem with my pc, some lag or something ...

I said that because it would be gorgeous as simulator with some little changes in my opinion, not to troll AC.

Thanks for your advices ! See you in the track ;)

After years of driving only GT I struggled through a couple of weeks of frequent driving to unlearn my bad habits. Pretty much everything you describe as a negative with this game is the total opposite for me. I've never been more consistent in any other game ever because I know every car is going to behave the way I expect it to and I can feel and hear everything that's happening with the car. On e the tites settle into their operating temps i can usually run lap after lap in most cars within a few tenths. Always amazes me how two people can play the same game and have completely opposite experiences.
I'm finding the game more enjoyable since the recent update too thanks to the new tyre model. The lafa is transformed.

3 reasons GT6 is a very depressing game

1 .- AI as shy as a 5 years old girl ...

2 .- Sounds like a 20 th century game ... not like a real car and real racing cars

3 .- And wasted force feefback effects ( no gear changing vibration, no intensity , lineal FF ... ) Project Cars and all others PC sims are better than gt6 FF effects.

The 4th reason is that it isn't so difficult to fix THAT 3 THINGS

So what exactly are you trying to say?

I'm surprised by the comment about a lack of progressiveness — that's how I would describe GT6 actually. On a wheel, I found I got quite a lot of feedback from the XB1 version of AC, and knew instinctively what both ends of the car were doing. It felt very natural.

It's also worth pointing out, at least on PS4, the interior view's wheel is not exactly representative of my inputs. It's far jerkier on-screen, but I had made a conscious effort to avoid the view that removes the rim, since this would be going on Youtube. I default to that view when I'm playing on my own.

Watching videos of older 911 race cars, I find there's quite a lot of wheel movement with those too. Make of that what you will...

I'm surprised by the comment about a lack of progressiveness — that's how I would describe GT6 actually. On a wheel, I found I got quite a lot of feedback from the XB1 version of AC, and knew instinctively what both ends of the car were doing. It felt very natural.

It's also worth pointing out, at least on PS4, the interior view's wheel is not exactly representative of my inputs. It's far jerkier on-screen, but I had made a conscious effort to avoid the view that removes the rim, since this would be going on Youtube. I default to that view when I'm playing on my own.

Watching videos of older 911 race cars, I find there's quite a lot of wheel movement with those too. Make of that what you will...
Not sure if you are recording in real time or not but when I use replays I drive in real time without the wheel showing then just put it back for the recording process.

Try a lap or 2 on bumper cam.Then go back to in car or dash. I think some people tend to watch the steering wheel and not feel the car and over correct.

@BrandonW77 - Ah, that was the exact video I was thinking of, cheers.

Not sure if you are recording in real time or not but when I use replays I drive in real time without the wheel showing then just put it back for the recording process.

Have to record in real-time thanks to the pathetically short replay time available on consoles. Just easier to record that way, and trim down on the Mac.

What isn't shown are the dozens of tank-slappers. The Cayman truly spoiled me; that's exactly the sort of car I've always enjoyed racing for tenths for in racing games. The 911 RSR is much more of a long-term learning experience, IMO.

Yep, oodles and oodles of wheel corrections here (and I'm sure he's doing the same with the throttle).

But you agree that the real car (not only because of the large fov cam) looks a lot quicker, funnier and lighter than in AC. That car is a bomb in real life !

In my opinion, in AC cars should feel lighter and quicker, more reactif.

So what exactly are you trying to say?

That comment was about sounds, IA and FF effects. And still think that.

Gt6 is awesome in grip-slip transitions but has that 3 lacks in my opinion. IA in AC is great and sounds great too. FF effects in AC are mindblowing, but the lack of feel the transition progressively at grip-slip and that heavy/slow feel in some cars i think it could be better. In my opinion, Gt6,is better at those points... i will see with the ps4 version of AC that i'll try this night :)

But you agree that the real car (not only because of the large fov cam) looks a lot quicker, funnier and lighter than in AC. That car is a bomb in real life !

In my opinion, in AC cars should feel lighter and quicker, more reactif.

I find most sims lack in the "quick feeling" department, due to several factors. Big one is the FOV, when running with a "correct" FOV you lose a lot of your peripheral vision which is where you detect movement. In GT even the narrowest FOV was still too wide so you still had a good sense of movement. I do think AC "feels" a bit slower than other sims, but not so much that it causes me any issues. I think a lot of the sense of movement has to do with your camera movement settings too, more movement can make it feel like you're going faster.

As for funnier and lighter, well I just did some online racing with the RSR on Saturday night and if you'd been able to see me working my wheel it would have looked very similar to what's in that video and it took all my skillz to keep it pointed the right way and going fast, yet I could still hang on to some pretty lairy slides and was able to consistently do laps within a couple tenths of each other. So I'd guess it's pretty close to how it should be (pure guess, I've never driven the real thing) and I don't seem to suffer from any of the other points you made about it being unrealistic and inconsistent (quite the opposite really).

Gt6 is awesome in grip-slip transitions but has that 3 lacks in my opinion. IA in AC is great and sounds great too. FF effects in AC are mindblowing, but the lack of feel the transition progressively at grip-slip and that heavy/slow feel in some cars i think it could be better. In my opinion, Gt6,is better at those points... i will see with the ps4 version of AC that i'll try this night :)
I have to totally disagree, GT6 is bloody appalling in those areas in comparison to AC. GT6 doesn't even correctly model the reduction in self aligning torque during understeer.

I have to totally disagree, GT6 is bloody appalling in those areas in comparison to AC. GT6 doesn't even correctly model the reduction in self aligning torque during understeer.

AC models a lot of real things. But in the correct way ? That's not sure. One thing is FF effects, other thing is the "physic-feel" different of the "physic-model" with real life physics. You can model and emulate correctly some physics situations but the important thing to me is i feel the same as i'm driving... and there i insist that AC seems too much heavy and clumsy to me. Gt6's physics aren't so sofisticated but i feel they are more alive like it should. Driving a Alfa 4C in AC isn't funny, and it seems heavy. In real life it's funny, alive and light, why ?

AC models a lot of real things. But in the correct way ? That's not sure. One thing is FF effects, other thing is the "physic-feel" different of the "physic-model" with real life physics. You can model and emulate correctly some physics situations but the important thing to me is i feel the same as i'm driving... and there i insist that AC seems too much heavy and clumsy to me. Gt6's physics aren't so sofisticated but i feel they are more alive like it should. Driving a Alfa 4C in AC isn't funny, and it seems heavy. In real life it's funny, alive and light, why ?
All I can say is that based on my own driving experience I find the total opposite, and I know I'm not alone in that regard.

The 4C in AC feels alive and light to me and far from heavy. I find it great fun to drive.

Oh and in regard to the correct way', yes it does in regard to self aligning torque, which GT6 gets completely wrong. The feedback on GT6 is pretty much too light across the board and is missing a huge amount of detail.

I agree with you in the huge lack of detail in gt6's force feedback.

Not in the other points. Even if AC is a peace of art (i think so) and it merits all our recognition of their work and their simulation aproach.

I know it's difficult to understand or agree with my opinion when in this case one has a huge level in details in force feedback (AC) and the other GT6 has a lot simple force feeback, but for me the feeling of weight and reactions are alive (like in real life) in gt6. Even the Abarth in AC doesnt feel as agile like it is.

What isn't shown are the dozens of tank-slappers. The Cayman truly spoiled me; that's exactly the sort of car I've always enjoyed racing for tenths for in racing games. The 911 RSR is much more of a long-term learning experience, IMO.
Ugh. I am the king of tank-slappers. I get so, so mad at myself.

@oneloops I do believe Assetto Corsa isn't for everybody. That's why we are lucky there are so many available options. How long ago were you playing on the PC Version? I'm just trying to gauge which build we would have been on. If you do try Assetto Corsa again, after a couple of dozen laps, enable the option called "Enhanced Understeer Effect". It should allow you to feel a little bit more slipping of the front tires/understeer - maybe that will help improve your feeling from the wheels through your FFB Steering Wheel.

I'm a firm believer in people should play what they like. Don't play something because people tell you, "Oh, Game Y is way better than Game X that you play!! You need to play Game Y, it's so much better & real. It doesn't matter that you enjoy Game X much, much more." Do whatever makes you happy. I do find the comments about wheels/ground/transitions a little bit strange. GT6 doesn't even have a tire model. Assetto Corsa, while I'm not saying that their Tire Model 10 is perfect, does use a proven tire model that should be accurately calculating the characteristics that make a tire feel good & behave very well. But, no harm...no foul! 👍

Ugh. I am the king of tank-slappers. I get so, so mad at myself.

@oneloops I do believe Assetto Corsa isn't for everybody. That's why we are lucky there are so many available options. How long ago were you playing on the PC Version? I'm just trying to gauge which build we would have been on. If you do try Assetto Corsa again, after a couple of dozen laps, enable the option called "Enhanced Understeer Effect". It should allow you to feel a little bit more slipping of the front tires/understeer - maybe that will help improve your feeling from the wheels through your FFB Steering Wheel.

I'm a firm believer in people should play what they like. Don't play something because people tell you, "Oh, Game Y is way better than Game X that you play!! You need to play Game Y, it's so much better & real. It doesn't matter that you enjoy Game X much, much more." Do whatever makes you happy. I do find the comments about wheels/ground/transitions a little bit strange. GT6 doesn't even have a tire model. Assetto Corsa, while I'm not saying that their Tire Model 10 is perfect, does use a proven tire model that should be accurately calculating the characteristics that make a tire feel good & behave very well. But, no harm...no foul! 👍

I'm playing AC for the first time in PS4 ( i played it in pc since two years but not lasts months) I feel the improvement in the last version, smoother than before. FFB is great too. I'm only missing some more realism in agility and feel of speed and less weight-feel in the physics, like my experience in real cars is. It's all about of perception and feeling.

I want to enjoy with AC because is the best in many fields, i love it sometimes but others i'm a bit frustated about those things that i said. It doesn't matter... i'll enjoy the game as it is, it's a great simulator and give me and gave me greats moments in the past too. It's the same frustation like in gt with some issues that could been improved with some little modifications... nothing is perfect...

Last edited:
Back