Assetto Corsa Porsche Videos: Cayman GT4 & 911 RSR

Which makes those areas objective and not subjective.

It's not my opinion that GT doesn't model those areas, so I don't need to add that in at all. Its an objective fact that GT doesn't model those areas.

As such I'm not sure why you keep insisting that every area of physics has to be a subjective discussion, because that's clearly not the case at all.

The reason why the analogies don't work for every area of the physics engine in question is that it assumes that both try and model exactly the same areas, and they clearly don't, as you have acknowledged yourself.

The feel or peception of those areas visually, by the hearing and through the wheel is subjective. And so our judgement of a realistic or not realistic simulator. Different of a Physic-based simulator or not Physic-based simulator.

Both try to model the whole simulation feeling, not only one by one cut aerea.

When you base your argument on a point no one has made and change what people have said when you quote them you are being dishonest and misleading, its not up for debate, don't do it.

I've never changed what people have said. You are wrong.

I only cut I sentence from you, when you said "feel". I'm sorry about that if that has bother you.

No one has said otherwise, so I'm not sure why you keep insisting on pushing a point no one has ever made.

Yes, I said AC felt not so realistic for me and some people are trying to say the opposite from a objective point of view. So I think I can pose those questions.

Please don't tell me what I do or don't think, you don't know me and the presumption is quite rude.

I've already agreed with you that some areas of physics are subjective (but that doesn't make it impossible to quantify them to a degree and compare them). I don't agree that every area of the physics is subjective, as if one doesn't model an area and the other does, then its totally objective.

You are right. Some simulators doesn't model some aereas. And that's objective, I agree.

I really wish people who loved AC wouldn't be so derisive about other games, superior about their own and so affronted at any differing opinions, while forever claiming objectivity and fairness.

Tends to put me off wanting to play the damn game.

Puts me off the damn internet.

The same could be said about religion, politics, sports, pizza, beer........it's a long list. But just because some hipster douchebags like a certain beer that I like doesn't mean I'm going to deprive myself of its deliciousness or automatically become a douchebag just from drinking it. :sly:

The feel or peception of those areas visually, by the hearing and through the wheel is subjective. And so our judgement of a realistic or not realistic simulator. Different of a Physic-based simulator or not Physic-based simulator.

Both try to model the whole simulation feeling, not only one by one cut aerea.
I agree that both try to, but that doesn't then automatically make that whole package only open to subjective analysis, nor in my opinion does it make sense to only do so.

Now I will caveat this, as it depends on what you are looking at. If its preference then the whole thing can be subjective (I like x more than I like y); however if is a comparison with reality then the objective elements can't simply be dismissed

I've never changed what people have said. You are wrong.

I only cut I sentence from you, when you said "feel". I'm sorry about that if that has bother you.
I'm sorry but you did. What I said was:

"I'm not talking about what GT fakes to try and get a semi realistic outcome (such as its tyre model), I'm talking about what it gets plain wrong and that is never going to feel right."

Which you edited to "Going to feel right".

Not only does it change the meaning, but it takes it totally out of context.

Yes, I said AC felt not so realistic for me and some people are trying to say the opposite from a objective point of view. So I think I can pose those questions.
My point is why is a question about do people feel AC is 100% accurate even needed? Has anyone come even close to saying that?

In my entire time at GTP only one title has even been described as close to that way(by a very small number of people), and that's GT.

You are right. Some simulators doesn't model some aereas. And that's objective, I agree.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Excellent answer, @BrandonW77! I'd also like to add that there are quite a few quality beers out there, and I drink them all. I should be allowed to have a favorite though.

Freedom of all beers to all men :cheers:

Take yer pick and quit the tyranny.

Merry jeffing xmas.

Nope, IPA is the only true beer* and anyone drinking another kind of beer is WRONG and EVIL!! :crazy: :yuck: :crazy:

(*Except for sours, they're awesome too)

(**And porters are good)

(***Stouts are awesome)

(****Not wheat beers though, they taste funny)

:D

:cheers:

Why does the 917/30 only seem to have a proper engine sound at 7-8k revs? Seems a bit odd...

...Maybe it's because I'm listening on a phone :)

I also thought the sounds were lacking in this video but I am also viewing from my phone.

Sounded kinda sketchy at first and the lack of engine sound leaving only the tires screeching to be heard entering t? made me think of gt's exaggerated tire sounds, then, way up the rpm range I finally hear an engine revving.

Last edited:
Surely you jest!!
erdinger.jpg

Surely you jest!!
erdinger.jpg

I used to love them, years ago, but for whatever reason I now find them very unpleasant. It's the only style I shy away from, that whole banana/clove flavor just doesn't jive with me anymore. :guilty: Except Gumballhead, that's one wheat beer I love.

Want some beer with that head? :lol:

It's good to have some head with your beer, releases the CO2 and lets the true flavors come through. That one may be a tad much though. :lol:

Nope, IPA is the only true beer* and anyone drinking another kind of beer is WRONG and EVIL!! :crazy: :yuck: :crazy:

(*Except for sours, they're awesome too)

(**And porters are good)

(***Stouts are awesome)

:D

I quite agree with this one. Red Ales are also amazing and so are Belgian Strong Ales and Stouts and Saisons. Wheat beer to me taste a bit like butter :indiff:

Your beard game needs some work. :cool: Nice pink phone case too. :lol:
It was Europe. I left my manly Canadian Beaver case at home in an attempt to fit in. It's different over there.:D You don't want to see my undies:sly::
9e6301a6635eee4806321b688c3b9fc1.jpg

Awww...I was implying he was the older gentleman in the middle. :D
That's Freddy, our host and my gf's brother in law. He was in the Swiss Army for 15 years working on biological warfare and then the University of Zurich in the Virology department, and now retired. That's his wife Nelly beside him.

Now back to your regular programming.:P

It was Europe. I left my manly Canadian Beaver case at home in an attempt to fit in. It's different over there.:D You don't want to see my undies:sly::
9e6301a6635eee4806321b688c3b9fc1.jpg

That's Freddy, our host and my gf's brother in law. He was in the Swiss Army for 15 years working on biological warfare and then the University of Zurich in the Virology department, and now retired. That's his wife Nelly beside him.

Now back to your regular programming.:P

Weird that forever-neutral Switzerland would even have an army (knives notwithstanding), but much much weirder that someone in said army would be working on biological warfare for so long.

:odd:

Also, welcome to Europe! :D

Weird that forever-neutral Switzerland would even have an army (knives notwithstanding), but much much weirder that someone in said army would be working on biological warfare for so long.
Those Swiss bad boys are the protectors of the Holy See. They've got the Pope's back. 👍

:odd:

Also, welcome to Europe! :D
Military service is cumpulsory in Switzerland for all able bodied men, voluntary for women and the Swiss are very proud of their military traditions and take self defence very seriously. A lot of people confuse neutral with weak and that's not the case. A recent referendum aiming to repeal mandatory conscription failed by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. Great country, my second favourite so far to the obvious number 1:sly:.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Back