Assetto Corsa Possible PS4 Release(Edit: Maybe in the future)

• Thread starter cmbeal317
  • 41 comments
That's why I'm avoiding downloading the ring till the official release. Are there any other official tracks under development?

And why is that? Why would avoiding downloading the presently ( excellent IMO ) available version of the Nordschleife, waiting for the probably even better official version, be a good thing?
In the worst case scenario, that for some unseen reason, you would hate snoopy's version, all you have to do, is delete it from your track folder.

This video shows a nice POV of the track itself and just how accurate Snoopy's version is. the latest version has just be made available, version .08.

Last edited:
No, but AC2 might come to PS4.

Personally I hope they stick to pc and continue to push the game physics and everything else to the next level instead of trying to make it available on consoles which have their disadvantages.

I think this generation of consoles have narrowed the divide between PC and console gaming standards. We're certainly not going to see the kind of divide we did between

PC and X360/PS3.

Then again, PC is PC. It will always have advantages over console versions in some shape or form.

I hope Sony facilitate the move although it would likely harm GT sales, but would love it if AC comes to consoles.

Well, that mildly stinks. Sony shouldn't have a concern though. GT is not a full on sim, while AC is. I think they can happily co-exist. Besides, GT's competition realistically is only and only FM at the moment.

In the actual state of the game I dont see it coming to PS4. Everything besides the physics, tracks and cars feels totaly 1990. The menus are like in rfactor 1. Setting things up is ugly. There are no rewards for playing (it seems important for casual gamers to unlock stuff).

Dont missunderstand me, I love this game! But in the actual state I dont see it coming to PS4. The developers have tons of stuff to do until this game can come to an console. Actually it only can satisfy hardcore sim fans. And I dont know if there are enough harcore sim fans who own a PS4 and will be ready to buy this game. It must cost a lot of cash to port this game to PS4 and I am not sure if they can sell enough games to get the costs back.

Everybody else besides hardcore sim fans will get bored very quickly because of the lack of challenges and stuff to do. And with a team of only 15 developers it will be interesing to see if they are been able to create a good career mode or not.

If PCARS can survice on consoles, so can AC. Let's wait for a PC review to see how it holds up. Insidesimracing.tv is one of the best places to check the latest reviews IMO.

Not tried Laguna Seca but I tried that textureless Suzuka version and that snoopy Nordschleife 0.70. And was dissapointed from both. I dont know how accurate the Gran Turismo versions of that tracks are but the mods feel extreme unaccurate in comparison to the GT versions.

And how accurate are the GT versions in your opinion? Checked out FM5's Ring? Or PCARS?

Like I said, I never have driven the NS nor Suzuka in real life so I cant say wich version (GT or Snoopy) is more accurate. But after 3 years of GT NS I felt totaly lost in snoopys version on my first short ride. On some corners I thought "where am I". Maybe the Snoopy version is really better and more accurate then GT. And I appreciate his great work! We will get a laser scanned version in September so we will see :)

And besides, people who have driven on the Nordschleife also say that the Forza version is accurate and great. For me the Forza version is a mess and a shame. You can almost land a plane on the NS in the Forza version.

:lol::lol::lol: That's embarrassing to say the least! Are you referring to FM5's Ring? If they haven't gotten the bumps, camber and elevation changes right, then that's a crying shame. :(

I've always felt Forza's track to be very smooth, and you don't really feel the bumps and camber the way you should. Maybe it has to do with suspension modeling. Maybe it's just bad track design who knows. One thing they've never been able to do properly is elevation changes. It doesn't FEEL like your rising or descending. Maybe a FOV issue or camera position. For one thing, bumper cam doesn't sit at the right level; too high to be called a bumper cam. A low to the road cam with the right FOV will simulate bumps, camber and especially elevation changes very well.

I believe GT's and Forza's version are both from very old scans/GPS data or whatever. Though, FM5's is allegedly very accurate (have my doubts). I haven't played that yet.

:lol::lol::lol: That's embarrassing to say the least! Are you referring to FM5's Ring? If they haven't gotten the bumps, camber and elevation changes right, then that's a crying shame. :(

No I was reffering to FM4. On FM5 it is laser scanned now so it must be the best version on the market I guess.

No I was reffering to FM4. On FM5 it is laser scanned now so it must be the best version on the market I guess.

Ah yes, FM4's version IS a little embarassing compared to other racing games and sims!

Don't fall for the laser scanning hype. It's a marketing gimmick at best. I've seen several vids of it. Still ain't bumpy enough and doesn't simulate elevation changes properly. Hardcore Nurb fans are pointing out inaccuracies in the official forums, though you just can't have it all; after all it IS a game and non a simulator meant for motor sport schools.

On the upside, looks and feels FAR better than FM4. On the X360 at least, I think FM3's version looks the best. Though I wish Forza would start modelling suspension behavior properly the way they've modeled, say, torque steer or tire physics.

Hello
Do you plan to develop Assetto Corsa for PS4?
Thanks in advance and my best regards!

Dear Hristo,

thanks for your message.For official announcements and updates about new content, features and other important info on Assetto Corsa, please stay in touch with our official website and social channels:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AC_assettocorsa

Regards,

Luca Sodano
Assetto Corsa Official Support
- Official WebSite: www.assettocorsa.net
- Official support forum: www.assettocorsa.net/forum

If Assetto Corsa came to PS4, it would effectively destroy GT. Although Kaz himself is already doing a good job at destroying it anyway :lol:

Not any more than pCARS or Driveclub or any of the other driving games that are not really much like GT will.

Until someone makes Enthusia 2 or similar, with a large enough car and track list to seriously compete with GT on that level, it will continue to stand alone. The people who buy GT for a thousand cars will not be swayed out of a purchase by AC.

Back