Assetto Corsa Red Pack and Porsche Pack Volume 2 Now Available on PS4 & Xbox One

A couple more videos, as i am limited to a maximum of 5 videos per post! :P

There's a reason for that, and double-posting to sidestep it is frowned upon.

There's also a thread dedicated to videos. Don't get me wrong, I know these are for cars found in the pack, but if you're using a post for a video dump with no real accompanying text, it could probably go in there. 👍

I just finished a 4h stint of trying all cars from the 2 packs at Red Bull Ring. I loved every second... well, maybe bar my rage-quit with the Lamborghini Aventador SV because I kept braking too late and ending up in the gravel. Tomorrow I will be trying Black Cat County with the road-cars and circuits with the racecars.

All cars are beautifully put together but the Porsche 919 Hybrid and Ferrari SF15-T, with their complicated technologies, are absolute masterpieces.

I am already looking forward to getting home from work tomorrow and showing both Maserati 250Fs who the boss is.
:bowdown:

I just finished a 4h stint of trying all cars from the 2 packs at Red Bull Ring. I loved every second... well, maybe bar my rage-quit with the Lamborghini Aventador SV because I kept braking too late and ending up in the gravel. Tomorrow I will be trying Black Cat County with the road-cars and circuits with the racecars.

All cars are beautifully put together but the Porsche 919 Hybrid and Ferrari SF15-T, with their complicated technologies, are absolute masterpieces.

I am already looking forward to getting home from work tomorrow and showing both Maserati 250Fs who the boss is.
:bowdown:
Isn't that Aventador SV a tubby bastard? So fast. So fat. :lol:

What is it with the digital world games can never seem to render tyres the correct colour? Same for grass. The tyres in games always seem to be too black and the grass is always usually too rich.

What is it with the digital world games can never seem to render tyres the correct colour? Same for grass. The tyres in games always seem to be too black and the grass is always usually too rich.
I'm not a gamer, so I can't truly speak intelligently about this subject other than playing Assetto Corsa and seeing screenshots and/or YouTube videos of other games from all sorts of genres. However, I think quite often there is too much saturation. Colors seem to most often be strong, powerful and pure. Real life isn't like that and our eyes & brain know it.

Walk into a Best Buy or whatever electronics store and 99% of the time they have the TVs on torch your eyes mode. And people are saying, "OMG! Look at the colors on this thing..." when the current settings are showing anything except a true quality image. At least, this is an observation of mine.

EDIT: That deep, rich saturation does catch people's eyes, however, and that's what they want.

I'm enjoying these car packs with a preference for PPV2. Red Bull Ring is great in this game and the location looks beautiful during the late hours of afternoon with mid clouds. This is true for all the tracks in AC but RBR stands out.

I'm surprised how the Porsche 962C interiors are so different between the long tail and and short tail versions. Also, did the short tail not have adjustable turbo boost in real life?

It's also worth mentioning that this is the first game where I've driven a modern F1 car in cockpit view without feeling uncomfortable due to a combination of poor visibility and the sense of speed. In AC it simply feels natural sitting behind the wheel of a SF15-T and floor it by intuition. That said, I haven't played the official F1 games since 2010.

Only real downside is that the update did nothing major to fix old problems. I hope this doesn't mean that Kunos are happy with AC's current state on consoles. They've come far since August but there's still some way to go for features and bug fixes.

Last edited:
Absolutely loving the old Maserati 250F. So much feel.
They're both quite nuts when pushing them hard. For some reason, I actually find the 6 cylinder a bit more challenging. It dances around more, when I'm behind the wheel. It might not be the same for everybody else, but I have had quite a fair number of people agree with me when comparing the 12 cylinder and 6 cylinder 250F cars from Maserati.

I ran the 6 cylinder around Red Bull Ring last night just to re-familiarize myself with the car now that console players have it. Now, I know that I'm not even close to being considered a top tier driver, but I can push most of the cars pretty well - especially when I have no traffic around me. :D I struggle with the old Maserati(s). It's hard for me to maintain the power range on sections of track that require a delicate throttle. I'm often having to keep the car in 4th gear, let's say, which has the car bogging very low in RPMs. Obviously, that's the whole point of auto racing...going around corners & turns & straights & braking...If it was just driving straight we'd be doing some form of drag racing. I need a lot more practice with these cars.

I'm enjoying these car packs with a preference for PPV2. Red Bull Ring is great in this game and the location looks beautiful during the late hours of afternoon with mid clouds. This is true for all the tracks in AC but RBR stands out.

I'm surprised how the Porsche 962C interiors are so different between the long tail and and short tail versions. Also, did the short tail not have adjustable turbo boost in real life?

It's also worth mentioning that this is the first game where I've driven a modern F1 car in cockpit view without feeling uncomfortable due to a combination of poor visibility and the sense of speed. In AC it simply feels natural sitting behind the wheel of a SF15-T and floor it by intuition. That said, I haven't played the official F1 games since 2010.

Only real downside is that the update did nothing major to fix old problems. I hope this doesn't mean that Kunos are happy with AC's current state on consoles. They've come far since August but there's still some way to go for features and bug fixes.
Dont worry, Stefano was working on lobbies on Monday. I'm this is probably taking precedence over anything else at the moment on the coding side. According to their blog they are working on controller configurations whilst also saying custom championships will get better. I predict an update before February 12TH. That or a riot.

I did an online race yesterday... Does the F138 have DRS or KERS? Because everyone else seemed faster than me on the straights. I tried the buttons but I didn't see anything light up on the wheel.

I had bad a bad start and got hit but I managed 2nd place by not spinning off the track like most other people. :lol:

It's depressing seeing everyone enjoying these packs. My son, about a week ago while I wasn't home, fired up my PS4 and deleted half of my games (there were 47 games left out of 94). He managed to delete every racing game too :banghead:.

Considering we only get 200 gig per month, and we've got bugger all left until the 28th when it resets, I literally can't play any of my sims, and I've been bloody waiting months for the red pack! :mad:

As punishment, I took his new PS2 off him, and told him he could have it back once all of my games were re-downloaded, which will take months considering a bunch of them are more than 50 gig each lol.

Next month I'll be prioritising AC and F1 2016, because I've found myself wanting to play those the most.

Edit: The worst part is that I have a hard copy of AC, but without any of the patches it crashes instantly when I try to start it up, and the patch files are almost exactly the same as the amount of data we have left for the month 👎:ouch:

I did an online race yesterday... Does the F138 have DRS or KERS? Because everyone else seemed faster than me on the straights. I tried the buttons but I didn't see anything light up on the wheel.

I had bad a bad start and got hit but I managed 2nd place by not spinning off the track like most other people. :lol:

Yes the Car has DRS but it works only in DRS zones. The Red Bull Ring has 2 DRS zones. Look for the white DRS-Boards on the left and right side. You can see the boards in your video. Timecode 00:58 you will See the first DRS Zone.

Your gear ratio is suffering as well. You'd be even faster if you fixed that since F1 2013 cars had gear ratios for each track. You should be near max in 7th but its too high. Maybe perhaps not fully in 7th since the track is so short but the gears should be sounding healthy.

That is also another reason I aint going anywhere near any F1 lobbies. People spinning out all over the place.

Last edited:
It's depressing seeing everyone enjoying these packs. My son, about a week ago while I wasn't home, fired up my PS4 and deleted half of my games (there were 47 games left out of 94). He managed to delete every racing game too :banghead:.

Considering we only get 200 gig per month, and we've got bugger all left until the 28th when it resets, I literally can't play any of my sims, and I've been bloody waiting months for the red pack! :mad:

As punishment, I took his new PS2 off him, and told him he could have it back once all of my games were re-downloaded, which will take months considering a bunch of them are more than 50 gig each lol.

Next month I'll be prioritising AC and F1 2016, because I've found myself wanting to play those the most.

Edit: The worst part is that I have a hard copy of AC, but without any of the patches it crashes instantly when I try to start it up, and the patch files are almost exactly the same as the amount of data we have left for the month 👎:ouch:

How old is your son? Need to password lock that thing or something.

They're both quite nuts when pushing them hard. For some reason, I actually find the 6 cylinder a bit more challenging. It dances around more, when I'm behind the wheel. It might not be the same for everybody else, but I have had quite a fair number of people agree with me when comparing the 12 cylinder and 6 cylinder 250F cars from Maserati.
I agree, spend way more time in the V6 too.

How old is your son? Need to password lock that thing or something.

He's 4, and way too smart for his own good lol. I have since set up parental lockout of new users and put a passcode on my account to prevent him being able to login to it. Still, it's very painful having to wait until the 28th when our 'net usage resets so I can download the AC patches and DLC again :grumpy:

He's 4, and way too smart for his own good lol. I have since set up parental lockout of new users and put a passcode on my account to prevent him being able to login to it. Still, it's very painful having to wait until the 28th when our 'net usage resets so I can download the AC patches and DLC again :grumpy:
2017 and we're still dealing with net usage caps. I understand that especially in Australia they don't want everyone trying to peg their downstream bandwidth 24/7, so they institute caps, but that is so not necessary. I guarantee that there are certain hours of the day where total bandwidth used is much greater than at other times of the day. Let's just use 2am or 3am, for example. There is absolutely, positively no way that you can tell me peak bandwidth use at those hours is anywhere near what it is from 12pm-10pm, or somewhere within there.

I'm not a fan of throttling by any means, but that is a more effective and fair way to do things if you're going to do this crap in the first place. And it certainly could and should be "smart throttling". Mike_grpA has been using tons of bandwidth? After a certain pre-determined limit, his peak transfer speed is slowed, IF slowing his connection will improve system-wide throughput. If not, they're just being vindictive.

That grandmother who is on the same highspeed plan as you, so she can Skype with her 2 grandkids in Los Angeles twice a month? She isn't going anywhere near the amount of data used as Mike_grpA is using. Bandwidth isn't something that runs out every 30 days, like it's a supply of water or something...

There are so many more effective ways that abusers can be identified and dealt with. I used to chat with a great guy from Australia back in the late 90s until about 2004. He ran a website in Oz called RazorPrices and back then the nightmares he would tell me...I'd wake up in cold sweats! :lol:

I can't believe you have to wait 15 more freakin' days. That's outrageous.

Back