Assetto Corsa Red Pack and Porsche Pack Volume 2 Now Available on PS4 & Xbox One

He's 4, and way too smart for his own good lol. I have since set up parental lockout of new users and put a passcode on my account to prevent him being able to login to it. Still, it's very painful having to wait until the 28th when our 'net usage resets so I can download the AC patches and DLC again :grumpy:

Might have to look at upgrading your plan.

With my internet provider, the difference between 250GB and 500GB is $10 and if you pay $20 you get "Limitless" data. (Take the "Limitless" with a grain of salt). I have a 1TB plan but hardly use more than 300GB.

I'm not a fan of throttling by any means, but that is a more effective and fair way to do things if you're going to do this crap in the first place. And it certainly could and should be "smart throttling". Mike_grpA has been using tons of bandwidth? After a certain pre-determined limit, his peak transfer speed is slowed, IF slowing his connection will improve system-wide throughput. If not, they're just being vindictive.

I definitely agree with your post, but I should point out when we reach our limit, our 'net isn't cut off, it just drops to something like dial-up speed. May as well cut it off, because at that speed you simply can't download the massive PS4 games, they take forever.

Might have to look at upgrading your plan.

With my internet provider, the difference between 250GB and 500GB is $10 and if you pay $20 you get "Limitless" data. (Take the "Limitless" with a grain of salt). I have a 1TB plan but hardly use more than 300GB.

Sadly here in Tassie, where I live, which is the fourth largest population centre in the state, it's still small enough to be considered a regional area by the ISPs lol. So that means the prices are ridiculously high compared to prices in Hobart or Launnie. We also don't have NBN in our area either, so we're stuck at ADSL 2+, which actually barely ever runs much faster than ADSL 1 speeds lol.

Such is life. Ya gotta laugh about it, otherwise you'd cry :lol:

Totally understand and agree. I was stuck on 5Mbit ADSL2 for years and years. With our version of NBN, its a bit better but not great - we're like 60th in the world and dropping. NZ already has faster broadband speed than Oz. One of these days, we may see many 3rd world countries with faster broadband.

I still dream that we'll get fibre someday, hopefully in my lifetime....

I definitely agree with your post, but I should point out when we reach our limit, our 'net isn't cut off, it just drops to something like dial-up speed. May as well cut it off, because at that speed you simply can't download the massive PS4 games, they take forever.

Sadly here in Tassie, where I live, which is the fourth largest population centre in the state, it's still small enough to be considered a regional area by the ISPs lol. So that means the prices are ridiculously high compared to prices in Hobart or Launnie. We also don't have NBN in our area either, so we're stuck at ADSL 2+, which actually barely ever runs much faster than ADSL 1 speeds lol.

I honestly thought by now Australia would be at least as good as the USA is for internet. As an entire nation, the US actually doesn't score so greatly overall compared to most other developed nations...but what you guys experience just isn't right. I refuse to believe that it has to be that way any longer. I can understand a little bit of latency issues during busier times of the day, but Australia isn't Somalia. It's as 1st world as 1st world gets. Ugh...I'm guiding this post off track, so I'll stop. Sorry...It just isn't right.

Cannot wait for Porsche Pack 3!

They sound so yummy reading the PC list.

• Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017 * Coming as a free update in January 2017 for Vol. III owners
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Porsche Macan Turbo (free car)
As good as that looks, nothing can top Tuesday DLC, unless they release 14 cars and a new track every time. Yes please.

Porsche pack 2 video review.

I have to say that is one of the most solid car pack DLC reviews I've ever watched, great job! You got a great calm voice for these reviews and the comments are straight on the point as well. A tiny little suggestion though if I may so, for future videos I would increase the game sound compared to your voice sound a little bit more, I wanted to turn the video louder to hear the car sounds in the background a bit better but then the voice volume became a bit too loud.

Damn PSN store.. I finally decided to buy the Porsche Pack V2 this morning and it would not download no matter what I did. (restarted ps4, sent "download to ps4" from mobile app). From the game when I clicked on one of them it takes me to the store where it says "purchased"

I got a $20 psn card from best buy because they sent me $10 free credit and I had a $5 reward certificate which is why I decided to buy it finally today.

I hope after the store updates today it downloads so I can try these cars out tonight as the Wife has class and I have play time.

Damn PSN store.. I finally decided to buy the Porsche Pack V2 this morning and it would not download no matter what I did. (restarted ps4, sent "download to ps4" from mobile app). From the game when I clicked on one of them it takes me to the store where it says "purchased"

I got a $20 psn card from best buy because they sent me $10 free credit and I had a $5 reward certificate which is why I decided to buy it finally today.

I hope after the store updates today it downloads so I can try these cars out tonight as the Wife has class and I have play time.
It downloads automatically. If you paid for it,the cars will show up.Restart PS4,perhaps.

It downloads automatically. If you paid for it,the cars will show up.Restart PS4,perhaps.

Yeah I know .. trust me I restarted it, bribed it with aged scotch, even offered to pay for the hookers. I had no issue with all the other AC DLCs, just this one this morning.

I even tried to trigger downloads for other content I have already purchased unrelated to AC and it just hangs. That is why I think it is an issue with the PSN store today.

I have to say that is one of the most solid car pack DLC reviews I've ever watched, great job! You got a great calm voice for these reviews and the comments are straight on the point as well. A tiny little suggestion though if I may so, for future videos I would increase the game sound compared to your voice sound a little bit more, I wanted to turn the video louder to hear the car sounds in the background a bit better but then the voice volume became a bit too loud.
Thanks.

In regard to the sound balance between game and voiceover, it's a tricky one as it can end up drowning out the voiceover. However it is a valid point and from now on I will add the content again at the end without the voiceover.

Thanks.

In regard to the sound balance between game and voiceover, it's a tricky one as it can end up drowning out the voiceover. However it is a valid point and from now on I will add the content again at the end without the voiceover.

You could also mix it so that for each car you do a sound demo and stop the voice over for 5-10 seconds and turn up the game volume. Then turn it back down to continue talking. It would be a little more effort but yeah.. I agree it is a solid review.

Thanks.

Needing 4 ears here...

You could also mix it so that for each car you do a sound demo and stop the voice over for 5-10 seconds and turn up the game volume. Then turn it back down to continue talking. It would be a little more effort but yeah.. I agree it is a solid review.

Yeah I know .. trust me I restarted it, bribed it with aged scotch, even offered to pay for the hookers. I had no issue with all the other AC DLCs, just this one this morning.

I even tried to trigger downloads for other content I have already purchased unrelated to AC and it just hangs. That is why I think it is an issue with the PSN store today.
Well damn,I'll bring my PS4 over for the scotch and hookers.I have all the DLC.:dopey::cheers:

Porsche pack 2 video review.

Good review, but you need to hit the apex harder and maximize the track to avoid people mistaking you for driving Miss Daisy.

Thought I'd get in first lol. On a serious note, can't remember if it was the Cayman or Boxter you found a bit plain Jane. Did you only try it on RBR? Seams like a more twisty track would show if it's more than a plain Jane.

I got the Porsche pack 2 downloaded.

That 962 C .. oh my.. what a blast!

Not sure what was the issue this morning getting it to work but all is wonderful now
The short tail is currently my favourite car to drive. Great pretty much anywhere and feels nicer to drive than the C9, and far more manageable, albeit slower. Would like some more group C cars added. Really great car.

The poor long-tail doesn't seem to get much love. :lol: It's really a LeMans car...and Kunos doesn't have LeMans - but PC players do. :D

The poor long-tail doesn't seem to get much love. :lol: It's really a LeMans car...and Kunos doesn't have LeMans - but PC players do. :D

Then it's probably worth saying that I prefer the long tail over the short tail. Anyway, not having Le Mans is starting to hurt as the game receives more of these endurance legends and modern hybrids. Kunos said they want to simulate night racing before spending the licensing fee on Le Mans, but that's not important if you ask me. This timeless track is far more important than darkness.

Then it's probably worth saying that I prefer the long tail over the short tail. Anyway, not having Le Mans is starting to hurt as the game receives more of these endurance legends and modern hybrids. Kunos said they want to simulate night racing before spending the licensing fee on Le Mans, but that's not important if you ask me. This timeless track is far more important than darkness.
Yeah...I think night drive & rain are the two most over-blown features to have it a game. Night time I would use from time to time, but I would never use the rain feature. But, everybody screams for it so I'm sure it will be included in the next racing title Kunos builds.

Rain and night time are irrelevant to Kunos putting Le Mans in the game. You can't run a race to that length anyway.

There are one hour races on the morning of the 24 hour race for group C, GT3 and LMP3 and classic cars - some of the kinds of car that Kunos have been adding in recent times. There's even an AI driver in the PS4 version called La Sarthe.

Back