AC Time Attack Challenge 2.0 - see post #590 for a link to a Boxing Day event with the Alfa GTA

c5uDavC.jpg

Improved my time, even though not by much. I doubt there's more time to gain for me, though. Well, at least it's a 1:50.something this time. :lol: But there's no way I can close the gap ... hats off to you two @Saidur_Ali and @Aderrrm, at least you now have each other to "fight" against. :D

By the way, I'm not sure if you all can see it, but sometimes, I happen to "unlike" a post, only to like it in the following moment ... you can blame my mouse for that, which double-clicks even though I only press the left mouse button once. I hope I don't mess with your notifications that way - if I do, I just wanted to say how terribly sorry I am. I wish I could "just" replace it, but the warranty is over and it was around €70-€80 when I bought it ...

Holy 🤬 you guys are fast...

I'm just going to slap street-tires on and enjoy the hoon-session tomorrow, I ain't got a chance against GTP Aliens :lol:

Same here :lol: I think i would have more a chance if i played more. I havnt really touched much Assetto Corsa since my semster started.

@Aderrrm You can tell although very good lap with few amount of laps. Hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult to beat. Maybe @Timppaq will attempt this and make this time trial even more competitive.

Edit: Wasn't too difficult, feels like there is another second in the car. Quite scruffy lap but I have not played this game for nearly a month now. Hopefully I can put together a more tidier lap.

Mercedes SLS AMG - Zandvoort 1:50.352

View attachment 475891
Really close with the sector times which was interesting to see. Think I can improve by over 4 tenths in the first sector alone going by some previous attempts.

View attachment 475900

Thanks for the tag, but I think I'm too much hooked on the GT3's atm :D You guys having a nice battle!

(btw, try the Huracan @ Mugello - what a lovely combo!(I've driven it too much though!) )

A little busy this weekend, I'll update the standings later today. A reminder that the cut off is 12:00 EST tonight, or a little over 11 hours from this posting.

One of the weaknesses of the AC Apps is that it doesn't retain your overall best lap and so when running your first hotlap there is no live delta. There is a very simple app that fixes that called Multilaps . Simple to install and use, you can adjust the size of the box and amount of info it gives you and the size of the type, so you can make it very tiny if you want. It eliminates the need for two AC apps, the current lap and the delta. Best of all it keeps your best ever lap so that when you start a single hotlap it immediately gives you a delta, so if you are down a couple of tenths after the first corner and don't want to wait an entire lap to find out, the information is right there. For those of you that make a lot of mistakes like I do:ouch:, it saves a ton of time. I think the stock AC delta app is often innaccurate for some reason, as I've found myself approaching the line thinking I'm up or down from a previous lap only to find out that it was a couple of tenths off. Multilaps seems to be dead accurate from what I can tell. It also doesn't have that weird thing where it updates a thousand times a second causing the delta to flicker uncontrollably and be hard to read.

All in all a very good app I'd highly recommend.

Last edited:
A little busy this weekend, I'll update the standings later today. A reminder that the cut off is 12:00 EST tonight, or a little over 11 hours from this posting.

One of the weaknesses of the AC Apps is that it doesn't retain your overall best lap and so when running your first hotlap there is no live delta. There is a very simple app that fixes that called Multilaps . Simple to install and use, you can adjust the size of the box and amount of info it gives you and the size of the type, so you can make it very tiny if you want. It eliminates the need for two AC apps, the current lap and the delta. Best of all it keeps your best ever lap so that when you start a single hotlap it immediately gives you a delta, so if you are down a couple of tenths after the first corner and don't want to wait an entire lap to find out, the information is right there. For those of you that make a lot of mistakes like I do:ouch:, it saves a ton of time. I think the stock AC delta app is often innaccurate for some reason, as I've found myself approaching the line thinking I'm up or down from a previous lap only to find out that it was a couple of tenths off. Multilaps seems to be dead accurate from what I can tell. It also doesn't have that weird thing where it updates a thousand times a second causing the delta to flicker uncontrollably and be hard to read.

All in all a very good app I'd highly recommend.
I find that app awesome. I tend to make a lot of mistakes especially on this combo. Think if I do all the corners best that I can, I will be probably dipping into 1:48's. Been on for quite a few low to mid 1:49 laps but keep messing up final few corners. :banghead:

Proof @Aderrrm it is possible to go 7-8 tenths faster like mentioned than the 49.739 first sector. 48.947 is my best as shown in picture below. It's probably possible to go like two tenths faster than that if you really nail it. :crazy:

Sector 1.png

Couldn't do a neat and tidy lap, my fastest one felt quite horrible regarding the first sector (If only I had the above first sector :ouch:) and parts of the second sector but managed to finally do the corner (Turn 10) I usually mess up on really well which made enough difference to improve. Way off ultimate pace but I was done with this after lap shown below as got too frustrating.

Mercedes SLS AMG - Zandvoort 1:49.788

Mercedes SLS AMG - Zandvoort 3.png

Video of my lap, setup (Also attached) shown near end of it:

Attachments

• SLS - Zandvoort Setup.zip
    295 bytes · Views: 17
26oBhJY0aTIzLzjPgsf2ES580tJsGDY2-ug-7I9efA8mbTh-PCqAqLCZbQeerYmU6MMSANP-Lw7pXjgkLIwPQOLsuV5G04692WPS4nPmIrOgLmhCPLPEVL-t06qStkXGTspI0AIC5Pm73wjqnOTNuBQkuptkgYbq_rVOFSc0h7FuqTSrqdDpGMOOLqkBFHL3VPXcsCV_dkIOndnREbB6LTEx5XLhr6RMVRo-BenHKTyxd94tIlZPqUQLl9iLVHdxcZoGb9MwrNVgiW0FUV5oNNy9jt0weApGEhdOFU6lRlL4c3zCmtSvd1ou-lMvM-xjaTES2Zi2xhmKrVzQsNpZiBQUnEKVdXtPAxYJuBCbm6vAvgdi_Sctsll_Gn5aeHyy6nR7CoAzoFv0sLZ-ULAKrLm5oGpPVVuK4vXJI3EB4SZ1Ce3PLw7orUszJUJ7xQ8-E0SuHM3SYSKvyp0dKn9j_FbiVnHLbbm5tiFmUcntXsWPDZyN5Ft2pYewmLWXjFl4Rwe4jL_3azQOiAzNniWaEcDJHWlpDZZ-A83gy-mJ7y8=w1863-h671-no

Congratulations to @Saidur_Ali on a convincing victory last week. :cheers:

This week we take Niki Lauda's famed Ferrari 312T to the new Barcelona Moto. A challenging layout for this classic car that has more than enough power to overcome the rear tires and entertain you with gobs of controllable power oversteer. Did a few laps and found that adding downforce helps to stabilize the car at the cost of some top speed. Kunos says the brake balance is controllable from the cockpit and the tires do get hot, so watch your tire temps and try not to go much over 100C if you can help it. Note also that you can turn engine power up over 100% but it's much easier to damage the engine by over revving when you do. If you have damage off it's not a concern.

Last edited:
First time driving this car, what a weapon! Awesome little car. Also first time driving this track so it'll take a bit for me to get the time down I think but I'm happy with this for now.

No aids, no ABS, Soft tires, bumped up the pressures, 8L of fuel, one click extra on both ends of the car for aero and engine limiter on 108 - damage on so careful with the revs and shifts.

First lap tends to be the fastest.

Barcelona%20Moto%201_47_215_zpsppj7eqln.jpg

Is everyone familiar with how to install mods? I'd really like to run a round with the excellent Miata mod from GTP's very own PURE racing organization. Here's the GTP thread on this car. It's very easy to download, unzip and install, especially if a three thumbed oaf like me can do it:dopey:. On a small track, perhaps Magione, I think it would be excellent. I don't believe the tire model is updated to 5.0 and I'd like to test it on the softest tires it comes with before deciding, just throwing out the idea of using a mod for a round or two to see what everyone thinks.

My favourite livery:sly::
HVlTwBo.jpg

Is everyone familiar with how to install mods? I'd really like to run a round with the excellent Miata mod. It's very easy to download, unzip and install, especially if a three thumbed oaf like me can do it:dopey:. On a small track, perhaps Magione, I think it would be excellent. I don't believe the tire model is updated to 5.0 and I'd like to test it on the softest tires it comes with before deciding, just throwing out the idea of using a mod for a round or two to see what everyone thinks.

HVlTwBo.jpg

Oh Yes. These Squirmy things. :lol:

26oBhJY0aTIzLzjPgsf2ES580tJsGDY2-ug-7I9efA8mbTh-PCqAqLCZbQeerYmU6MMSANP-Lw7pXjgkLIwPQOLsuV5G04692WPS4nPmIrOgLmhCPLPEVL-t06qStkXGTspI0AIC5Pm73wjqnOTNuBQkuptkgYbq_rVOFSc0h7FuqTSrqdDpGMOOLqkBFHL3VPXcsCV_dkIOndnREbB6LTEx5XLhr6RMVRo-BenHKTyxd94tIlZPqUQLl9iLVHdxcZoGb9MwrNVgiW0FUV5oNNy9jt0weApGEhdOFU6lRlL4c3zCmtSvd1ou-lMvM-xjaTES2Zi2xhmKrVzQsNpZiBQUnEKVdXtPAxYJuBCbm6vAvgdi_Sctsll_Gn5aeHyy6nR7CoAzoFv0sLZ-ULAKrLm5oGpPVVuK4vXJI3EB4SZ1Ce3PLw7orUszJUJ7xQ8-E0SuHM3SYSKvyp0dKn9j_FbiVnHLbbm5tiFmUcntXsWPDZyN5Ft2pYewmLWXjFl4Rwe4jL_3azQOiAzNniWaEcDJHWlpDZZ-A83gy-mJ7y8=w1863-h671-no

Congratulations to @Saidur_Ali on a convincing victory last week. :cheers:

This week we take Niki Lauda's famed Ferrari 312T to the new Barcelona Moto. A challenging layout for this classic car that has more than enough power to overcome the rear tires and entertain you with gobs of controllable power oversteer. Did a few laps and found that adding downforce helps to stabilize the car at the cost of some top speed. Kunos says the brake balance is controllable from the cockpit and the tires do get hot, so watch your tire temps and try not to go much over 100C if you can help it. Note also that you can turn engine power up over 100% but it's much easier to damage the engine by over revving when you do. If you have damage off it's not a concern.

:yuck:

Is everyone familiar with how to install mods? I'd really like to run a round with the excellent Miata mod from GTP's very own PURE racing organization. Here's the GTP thread on this car. It's very easy to download, unzip and install, especially if a three thumbed oaf like me can do it:dopey:. On a small track, perhaps Magione, I think it would be excellent. I don't believe the tire model is updated to 5.0 and I'd like to test it on the softest tires it comes with before deciding, just throwing out the idea of using a mod for a round or two to see what everyone thinks.

HVlTwBo.jpg

I have this excellent mod installed already!👍

It's a nice car to drive. This was one of the first mods I installed (as far as cars go). I'm really looking forward to the Spec Miata. That is going to be one really fun car in Assetto Corsa, I just know it.

Forgot to put this up yesterday for the last combo, not that it matters much compared to ya'll. :lol:
2015-11-05_00001.jpg

I went under 2 mins a lap with the car on street tires with little practice or familiarity, good enough for me. :rolleyes:

The TCS/ABS models have made a good jump forward in improvement, very usable and not too intrusive to a gentlemen-driver like me. Now to move onto the 312T at some point this coming week.

I'll imagine the v4 tires will be like appropriate 'old' tires on the Ferrari. :lol:

I will have a tune and video up a bit later. I think I've got a pretty safe setup that takes a bit of the bite out of the car and makes it a little more predictable.

2015-11-09_00001.jpg

Awesome car! Shockingly easy to control when oversteering.
It's fantastic on the throttle:dopey::drool::eek:.

I tried out the Miata mod on Magione and unfortunately on the semi-slicks it's not much fun to drive, just too much grip:yuck:. The Miata might have to wait until Time Attack 3.0 when we can run the older tires.

Video will be here in a couple of hours when it finishes uploading. You can see I missed some apexes, could have used the curbs more and was a little late getting on the power so there is still plenty of time out there for me, and much more obviously for the better drivers. I did manage a 1:44.609 before packing it in but forgot to save.

For some reason there's a slight stutter in a couple of places and some pixellating in the video. The tune is also attached below. It's pretty "safe" for this car, taking out some of the twitchiness and making the gears slightly taller than they need to be to help put the power down. Probably not twitchy enough for the aliens among us:) but might be suitable for us mere mortals.:sly: I will work on making the car a little more lively with some closer gear ratios. It does help to over rev and damage the engine and you can get away with it if you are only running a single lap with damage on. I knocked off a tenth just from the S/F to the first corner by taking the engine over 12k rpm and incurring some slight damage.

Attachments

• 312tBarcelona144.911.zip
    440 bytes · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back