Assetto Corsa Video Thread

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 6,702 comments
His negativity struck me as constructive in nature and he did raise valid points - especially about the DLC. It's going to be a real mess after a few DLC packs with everyone running different packs if they can't race together.

That's a very long way from "Haters Gonna Hate" syndrome.
He's got a point yes, but the whole tone of the video is 'meh', and he didn't mention that that awful penalty system is no more whilst he was stressing it in a previous vid. Also what's wrong with the handling of the DLC cars I wonder? First he mentions this and then just talks about not being to do online races if you didn't have the DLC which are different things altogether...

He's got a point yes, but the whole tone of the video is 'meh', and he didn't mention that that awful penalty system is no more whilst he was stressing it in a previous vid. Also what's wrong with the handling of the DLC cars I wonder? First he mentions this and then just talks about not being to do online races if you didn't have the DLC which are different things altogether...

With regards to the DLC, I think it is because the majority of other devs have started giving the DLC content out via game updates; even though it isn't unlocked unless purchased. Because of this, it means that you can race with other people who own the content and see the cars they are driving. This is why say Forza had the free car with FM4, and include the DLC data in game updates on FM5. It is the same with Iracing also, which Empty box plays a ton off. It means you dont have to buy "all" the available content just to be able to race online. I can kind of see where he is coming from, but that doesnt make the model Kunos are using "bad". It is just old fashioned now.

Seems to me like its the only thing he could find to complain about so he had to make it seem a bigger issue than it really is. I look at his review this way, he really doesn't like AC for what ever reasons and this is the only thing he could find to complain about. So coming from him I take it as a positive review.

More from Empty Box:

I had the pleasure of him responding to my remarks on his previous vid, where he is practically talking a dump all over the AI. Either he must be an alien straight from a spaceship or i must really suck, because i tried doing a quick race with the GT3's at spa with the AI @ 100% and although i managed to win some places at the start, the AI took no prisoners and i ended up last and quite some time behind. He says he's 2 seconds a lap faster than them at 100%. I can believe he's a lot faster than me but to be 2 seconds a lap faster than them at 100% seems impossible.

For comparison's purposes, my best time with the stock Mclaren 12C GT3 was 2:27. Do i suck? :embarrassed:
Best lap of the AI was 2:21 :eek:

Last edited:
More from Empty Box:

I had the pleasure of him responding to my remarks on his previous vid, where he is practically talking a dump all over the AI. Either he must be an alien straight from a spaceship or i must really suck, because i tried doing a quick race with the GT3's at spa with the AI @ 100% and although i managed to win some places at the start, the AI took no prisoners and i ended up last and quite some time behind. He says he's 2 seconds a lap faster than them at 100%. I can believe he's a lot faster than me but to be 2 seconds a lap faster than them at 100% seems impossible.

For comparison's purposes, my best time with the stock Mclaren 12C GT3 was 2:27. Do i suck? :embarrassed:

Don't worry I'm getting left behind by them as well at 100%. Some people are that quick though if you look at the online leaderboards. I think I lap at around 2.25 in the McLaren and can get down to 2.24 ish in the BMW Z4, can't remember though I'll run some GT3 laps tonight.

Don't worry I'm getting left behind by them as well at 100%. Some people are that quick though if you look at the online leaderboards. I think I lap at around 2.25 in the McLaren and can get down to 2.24 ish in the BMW Z4, can't remember though I'll run some GT3 laps tonight.
Goes to show the mortals among us do experience fast AI. Emptybox saying that it is Gran Turismo bad doesn't make no sense at all. I asked him to give the same setup a go @ spa, curious if he'll do 2:19's on a non optimum track.

More from Empty Box:

Seems maybe possible to do a 2:15 in optimum conditions going by this (Link) so I imagine something like 2:18s might be possible or even lower, don't have much experience of the game to know for sure. Might try myself one day and see if I can do them times.

Goes to show the mortals among us do experience fast AI. Emptybox saying that it is Gran Turismo bad doesn't make no sense at all. I asked him to give the same setup a go @ spa, curious if he'll do 2:19's on a non optimum track.
Yeah so I just went and looked at my best times at Spa with the GT3 cars and with the 12C it's 2.22.4, with the Z4 it's 2.23.0, with the SLS it's 2.25.1 (haven't done many laps in that car) and I didn't have times for the GT-R so I just ran a couple of laps and managed a 2.23.0. All factory set ups on an optimum track with no assists. I don't know how to tune cars.

So yeah, definitely off the pace of the quick guys playing the game but I'm still really stoked with my times, I can do them consistently which is good and to me they feel like good clean fast laps so yeah, I still feel like I'm fast :)

Yeah so I just went and looked at my best times at Spa with the GT3 cars and with the 12C it's 2.22.4, with the Z4 it's 2.23.0, with the SLS it's 2.25.1 (haven't done many laps in that car) and I didn't have times for the GT-R so I just ran a couple of laps and managed a 2.23.0. All factory set ups on an optimum track with no assists. I don't know how to tune cars.

So yeah, definitely off the pace of the quick guys playing the game but I'm still really stoked with my times, I can do them consistently which is good and to me they feel like good clean fast laps so yeah, I still feel like I'm fast :)
Well... seems i have to find 5 seconds to get near you. Watch this space
teacher.gif

Ive been racing the AI on 100% on the Nords with a full 24 car grid......... and I am usually able to get in first before the karussell on the first lap. By the end of the second lap, the AI are no where to be seen. But this is how it is for me, even in Forza with the Drivatars set on "unbeatable".

That doesn't mean the AI is bad in Assetto, but they do have some very strange breaking habits. They will also back off once you have your nose out in front of them, they just give up. It makes it easy to climb places. You just have to pull out the corners in a way that allows you to get a run on them.

The link to RSR Live Timing from Saidur above, is a great way to check your pace, just remember that the times are always on the best tires (unless specified), under optimium grip conditions and aids are specified to the right. If you see a "P" under the "P" column that means it's a pro ranking, with fuel and tire wear on and only factory assists, although many times guys will turn ABS off anyway. Not all the combinations are as popular, some only have a handful of times so they may not be approaching the limits.

But yeah, 2:19's are easily possible under ideal conditions for Mr. Box. :sly: He is very quick.:bowdown:

Depends on where you started, but I think you'll find the difference very noticable.
Indeed, went back to Spa on optimum this time, and in a few laps i shaved 3 seconds off my time because you could just ride all the kerbs with no problems at all. @Punknoodle i'm only 2 seconds behind now and closing :D

Do you guys switch off fuel loads when hotlapping?

Indeed, went back to Spa on optimum this time, and in a few laps i shaved 3 seconds off my time because you could just ride all the kerbs with no problems at all. @Punknoodle i'm only 2 seconds behind now and closing :D

Yes, and if you have fuel usage disable you can put only 1lt.

BOOM! Awesome man we might have a fight on our hands :D Force me to up my game.

I haven't turned off fuel loads and run with the default amount of fuel on board. It isn't realistic for a non electric car to not use fuel, after all..

Unless I'm in RSR hotlapping mode, I don't pay much attention to fuel. Whatever's in there to start is what I run with, usually just enjoying the hotlapping and trying to get a feel for the car. When I'm in hotlap mode, you have to turn fuel and tire wear on to qualify for a "pro" mode ranking so I turn them on, and when the car is dialed in, I reduce the fuel to whatever I need for 3-6 laps, depending on the car/track combination.

According to this link, last year some time the real life GT3 Spa lap record was broken with a time of 2.19.39.

Even considering this is a game, I still feel pretty awesome about being within 3 seconds of a lap record lol.

According to this link, last year some time the real life GT3 Spa lap record was broken with a time of 2.19.39.

Even considering this is a game, I still feel pretty awesome about being within 3 seconds of a lap record lol.
There have been faster times: Link

I think this is onboard footage in real life of a 2:19.334 lap (Link).

Do think personally Assetto Corsa has much more aero grip than the real cars, that is why it is quite easy to beat the real life lap times.

Back