Assetto Corsa Won't Feature Photomode or Full-Length Replays on Consoles

I just want to understand, you people buy racing simulators for photomode and full replay length? You have Gran Turismo for that, its the game you can get all of this stuff but not the "feeling" of driving a car. You also can record your gameplay on PS4, so what is the problem? You also have the share button to save the last 15 minutes if you want to save an accident, so again, what is the problem?
People are just too selfish and can't understand the things how they are.
I remember when people was calling GT5 as a track practice simulator and not a game, so this is what AC mainly is. Its a simulator that give you the best virtual feel of the car at the moment.
Ones again, if you want a game, go play pCARS, GT, Forza, if you want a proper sim then AC, iRacing, Automobilista, rFactor.

I wouldn't say Kunos made the product unfinished on purpose, more they bit off more than they can chew.

I don't understand the DLC argument in this case since Kunos' have (in my opinion) the most efficient and well sized DLC offering in the industry right now. Every car in their premo packs are hard hitters and their Porsche packs are included in the Season Pass. I just wish I enjoyed the game/sim more to keep going with it to have fun in the AE86.

Here we go with the 'Sims aren't games!!' argument. :rolleyes:

I just want to understand, you people buy racing simulators for photomode and full replay length? You have Gran Turismo for that, its the game you can get all of this stuff but not the "feeling" of driving a car. You also can record your gameplay on PS4, so what is the problem? You also have the share button to save the last 15 minutes if you want to save an accident, so again, what is the problem?
I remember when people was calling GT5 as a track practice simulator and not a game, so this is what AC mainly is. Its a simulator that give you the best virtual feel of the car at the moment.
Ones again, if you want a game, go play pCARS, GT, Forza, if you want a proper sim then AC, iRacing, Automobilista, rFactor.

Very easy, full replays are very useful in online racing leagues.
That is quite a needed thing in racing simulation games.

The sharebutton since the PS4 4.0 firmware update you can record up to 60 minutes..
But in those recordings you can't change view or toggle between the different cars on track like in a replay.

It's very sad that an simulation game hasn't full replays... Even rfactor, iracing and all the others got full replays.

It's also a shame that they don't plan to implement a "spectators view", very useful while you are in box to see the other drivers on track that can help to improve your times seeing how they tackle a bend..or to make nice live streamings of a online race.

About Photomode and showroom.. those aren't really needed for sure, but they are in the original PC version... so why they aren't even in the console versions, and why they aren't even planed to include them??

FYI, I recently made my first ever foray into the world of steering wheels with a Thrustmaster T150. All I'll say is this - get when as soon as it becomes a possibility (not necessarily a T150, but some sort of wheel). It adds so much to the experience, I can't even describe it!
Undeniable fact. Actually, I find absolutely amazing how people can race and be competitive with a controler in this new generation racing games.

Replays are fundamental for on line league races. Without it there wont be organized championships, therefore no fidelity as everyone just pull the game for a few quick races or won't even bother buying it but none of this issues are really important until the BIG MAJOR ISSUE is totally fixed... the whole "online program".
It's not only the fact that you can't create private rooms, it's the whole concept of creating a room that is absolutely wrong.
People should be able to CREATE the room being ABLE TO CHOOSE themselves car class, how long qualifying takes, technical layout, how many people and who they want to race with, how many laps, pit stop mandatory or not.
Simply grabbing a pre-concepted room is stupid to say the least.

I have this strange feeling that the consoles version of AC was produce exclusively to collect some more cash to keep developing they're true baby... the pc version. It's like those samples of really nice perfume they give us for free at walmart but with a twist... it cost $50,00 as a pre-order!
The game is absolutely amazing on it's drivability, sounds and graphics but has "unfinished product" written all over it and its sad because not everybody has 2000 plus dollares to spend in a high end gaming computer.
You're probably right. They deliberately screwed over 100 million potential buyers and ruined their reputation in the console marketplace, just to make a few dollars to keep the 300k pc players happy. Sounds legit.
Literally just a couple hours ago I was making an actual list for Christmas so people had an idea of what I would want and I put this game on it. I'm going to cross it off now because it's really showing right now how much Kunos is in this for the money. They have DLC packs lined up for miles to come and they can't/won't put in full replays, this after having claimed the game wouldn't be "watered down" for consoles, as was already pointed out. I am very happy I didn't get this at launch and still haven't, I want it to be good but they just keep making *nasally Jim Sterling voice* "Triple A gaming" business decisions and go straight to the option with money behind it. Sure they're small and might need the money but the things they're doing are not the sort of things that keep/get new customers, I sure don't want to be, not via gift or my own wallet, they can keep my copy forever.
You're probably right as well. Most game developers aren't in it for the money and are in fact organized as charities. What they should have done when they realized they were behind the 8 ball, was sent the modelers home for a few months so they wouldn't have anything else to attract players to the franchise on all platforms and to prevent the modelers from running around the office yelling, "Na na na na na na" at the coders, who are obviously the cause of all the probems.

You're probably right. They deliberately screwed over 100 million potential buyers and ruined their reputation in the console marketplace, just to make a few dollars to keep the 300k pc players happy. Sounds legit.
You're probably right as well. Most game developers aren't in it for the money and are in fact organized as charities. What they should have done when they realized they were behind the 8 ball, was sent the modelers home for a few months so they wouldn't have anything else to attract players to the franchise on all platforms and to prevent the modelers from running around the office yelling, "Na na na na na na" at the coders, who are obviously the cause of all the probems.
I like your postings and agree with the most if your opinions but your sarcasm sucks big time and provides the wrong idea that you might not be that smart after all.
Sim racing, the real Sim racing is a PC thing. iracing, RFactor, Automobilista, you name it. Kunos created AC for the pc when? 2 years ago?
That is clearly they're path. Direct competition with might iracing. Consoles? Definitely an idea to creat some extra funding.
Grab your potencial 100 million buyers and check how many buy Sim race games.

Not bothered about photomode, but no replays is a major killer for me. Shame as I bought the gam yesterday with the PS Plus deal. So, I'll never be able to have an epic 10 lap battle online & be able to save it for future veiwing! That sucks bigtime. AC is a 5 star sim, but a 1 star game imho.

:(

I like your postings and agree with the most if your opinions but your sarcasm sucks big time and provides the wrong idea that you might not be that smart after all.
Sim racing, the real Sim racing is a PC thing. iracing, RFactor, Automobilista, you name it. Kunos created AC for the pc when? 2 years ago?
That is clearly they're path. Direct competition with might iracing. Consoles? Definitely an idea to creat some extra funding.
Grab your potencial 100 million buyers and check how many buy Sim race games.
2 million bought Project Cars. So let' throw away $100,000,000 to benefit 300k people on pc, many of whom paid <$30 for the game. You've convinced me now. Not sure where I went wrong.

You should all voice your opinions (politely) on the official forums. AC in it's infancy had a lot less features than now, and I believe at least a few of the added features were added because the masses demanded them. Strength in numbers. Who knows, they might just listen (they have before).

Literally just a couple hours ago I was making an actual list for Christmas so people had an idea of what I would want and I put this game on it. I'm going to cross it off now because it's really showing right now how much Kunos is in this for the money. They have DLC packs lined up for miles to come and they can't/won't put in full replays, this after having claimed the game wouldn't be "watered down" for consoles, as was already pointed out. I am very happy I didn't get this at launch and still haven't, I want it to be good but they just keep making *nasally Jim Sterling voice* "Triple A gaming" business decisions and go straight to the option with money behind it. Sure they're small and might need the money but the things they're doing are not the sort of things that keep/get new customers, I sure don't want to be, not via gift or my own wallet, they can keep my copy forever.

Then that about kills it for me, I like replays and photo mode.

Photomode is one of my favorite things in racing games so this is really disappointing for me. Definitely not buying this.

Pathetic.....replays are one of my favourite things in a game. I must say that AC has been my most disappointing game on this gen, I usually get all the DLC for my games, but this is the ONLY one I haven't got ANY for, and hearing that they can't even implement replays properly doesn't inspire me to get any either.

MXH
Welp, that's a bummer. I was looking forward to pick it up around christimas but I'll be definitely waiting for a discounted complete edition now.

I am so glad you all found out about photo mode and replays before you decided to buy AC for your console, it will save you from a HUGE disappointment as those 2 features seem to be so important to you. Aren't you lucky?

Last edited:
While it appears to be a real bummer this has happened, I'm still glad I pre-ordered the game and bought the season pass. As I've had so many hours of fun more so racing with people you know.

I'll likely also get it for the PC as well once I get a new graphics card.

This game personally has been such a joy for me even though a lot of things are missing. The feeling of the cars, the tracks keeps bringing me back. Also looking forward to the new update as from reading around it sounds like a monster update including the sound and handling.

I think my favourite cars so far, not driven them all... The BMW M4, McLaren 650S, KTM Bow, Audi LMS and Ferrari 458 GT2. That KTM is such a fun ride.

While it appears to be a real bummer this has happened, I'm still glad I pre-ordered the game and bought the season pass. As I've had so many hours of fun more so racing with people you know.

I'll likely also get it for the PC as well once I get a new graphics card.

This game personally has been such a joy for me even though a lot of things are missing. The feeling of the cars, the tracks keeps bringing me back. Also looking forward to the new update as from reading around it sounds like a monster update including the sound and handling.

I think my favourite cars so far, not driven them all... The BMW M4, McLaren 650S, KTM Bow, Audi LMS and Ferrari 458 GT2. That KTM is such a fun ride.

Adding a new graphic cards to my aging PC was also what I did 2 years back when I wanted to take advantage of the fantastic driving experience available in AC. This can be done for much less than purchasing a PS4 and as an additional bonus your existing wheel will work with your updated PC, imagine that? Assuming one as a wheel to start with, but if you are into SIM, who doesn't? This fall I finally updated my old PC, but not because of AC, because of VR, but this is a subject for an other thread, way to radical for this one. The search for better simulation with a proper SIM, a proper wheel and VR when all that seem to matter is photo mode, I guess I have lost my way somewhere! :mischievous:

You should all voice your opinions (politely) on the official forums. AC in it's infancy had a lot less features than now, and I believe at least a few of the added features were added because the masses demanded them. Strength in numbers. Who knows, they might just listen (they have before).
Thank you .

I am so glad you all found out about photo mode and replays before you decided to buy AC for your console, it I'll save you from a HUGE disappointment as those 2 features seem to be so important to you. Aren't you lucky?
I'm always grateful for anything or anyone who saves me from disappointment(s) and some money.

The search for better simulation with a proper SIM, a proper wheel and VR when all that seem to matter is photo mode, I guess I have lost my way somewhere! :mischievous:
Nah. People just have different ideas in regard to what content they want from a driving game believe it or not. I'm pretty sure nobody would be disappointed here if they outlined exactly what wouldn't be coming from the start.

I am so glad you all found out about photo mode and replays before you decided to buy AC for your console, it I'll save you from a HUGE disappointment as those 2 features seem to be so important to you. Aren't you lucky?

Right so let's set aside the fact that the console version is an unfinished cash grab bordering on ARK levels and look at the fact that some people have standards or like doing certain things. What is the number one thing that most sim racers like to do, race with only friends. Does the PC version have the ability to create private lobbies, it must have because there isn't a big uproar about it like on console threads. Sure they're working on it but until there's a hard date for that update I won't consider it as any sort of promise. Let's move on to the newly struck out features, photomode and full length replays. I would first like to remind you of the entire photomode community in the Gran Turismo forums. Yes it's a sim racer but it is very pretty looking so naturally people will want to take photos but no, you can't says Kunos. They also say you can't have a replay that lasts more than 2 laps essentially. There are 2 reasons why this is bad and one has been listed by others a few times already. The first reason is if you're ever going to put together some sort of league you won't be able to watch incident footage to be able to penalize the offending driver. I do not know of any sim or track racing game that doesn't allow you to watch the footage of your race from cinematic cameras. Mariokart in the iterations I own even has full race replays, but you have to view them right away or else they're gone. The second reason for having full replays is because some of us like to make videos of things that have happened, serious racing or silly crashes. Making a video is fun, I recently spent 6 hours making a short movie basically of stuff that's happened in the Project Cars club I'm in. The reason that was possible was because of full race replays, yes it could be made with just straight shareplay footage but watching from one person's view isn't the same as getting to see the whole thing trackside.

2 million bought Project Cars. So let' throw away $100,000,000 to benefit 300k people on pc, many of whom paid <$30 for the game. You've convinced me now. Not sure where I went wrong.
I know what you mean Johhny but i think it's pretty clear that the consoles is not Kunos priority strategically speaking. Why? I don't know but you are very aware of this "rivalry" between pc and consoles and it's obvious that top players tend to race in the pc platform due to way better quality and AC wants to move towards iracing instead of granturismo.

You seem to have a serious issue with reading comprehension, since that's not at all what was said.

Though hey, at least it's funny to see this attitude from you. It's positively tenacious.

Right so let's set aside the fact that the console version is an unfinished cash grab bordering on ARK levels and look at the fact that some people have standards or like doing certain things. What is the number one thing that most sim racers like to do, race with only friends. Does the PC version have the ability to create private lobbies, it must have because there isn't a big uproar about it like on console threads. Sure they're working on it but until there's a hard date for that update I won't consider it as any sort of promise. Let's move on to the newly struck out features, photomode and full length replays. I would first like to remind you of the entire photomode community in the Gran Turismo forums. Yes it's a sim racer but it is very pretty looking so naturally people will want to take photos but no, you can't says Kunos. They also say you can't have a replay that lasts more than 2 laps essentially. There are 2 reasons why this is bad and one has been listed by others a few times already. The first reason is if you're ever going to put together some sort of league you won't be able to watch incident footage to be able to penalize the offending driver. I do not know of any sim or track racing game that doesn't allow you to watch the footage of your race from cinematic cameras. Mariokart in the iterations I own even has full race replays, but you have to view them right away or else they're gone. The second reason for having full replays is because some of us like to make videos of things that have happened, serious racing or silly crashes. Making a video is fun, I recently spent 6 hours making a short movie basically of stuff that's happened in the Project Cars club I'm in. The reason that was possible was because of full race replays, yes it could be made with just straight shareplay footage but watching from one person's view isn't the same as getting to see the whole thing trackside.
All your points are 100% valid and very well written, I totally agree with your statements. It would be much better if all that you mention could be done with AC on console (since all of it can be done on PC). I just would like to add to our friends who are on the fence about getting AC and for whom the point you are so eloquently explaining are important as well that none of it would matter if AC did not have a driving experience so (dare I say?) superior to the 2 other SIM you are mentioning.
Because if those feature really matters for them, then all one has to do is use either of the 2 SIM mentioned.
At the end of the day, maybe me more than most, would like AC to have it all, but as often in life, mine anyway, we have to accept a compromise, at this point AC has the best compromise and I wish for all to enjoy it's glorious imperfection as much as I do.

It's worth noting that this article headline is actually incorrect. Stefano said there are no plans, he didn't say they wont be on console, forget about it. I want photomode and replays, but photomode should not be a priority if it takes away resources as the reality a very small percentage of users use photomode.

Replays however are a must fir a sim for league organisers, Kunos must make this a priority along with leaderboards if that is not in the next update. Along wity full custom cockpit cam of course, if these 2 last things I mentioned are missing from the next update Kunos need to be asking themselves questions.
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Matej (@Matej) on November 24th, 2016 in the Assetto Corsa category.

FYI, I recently made my first ever foray into the world of steering wheels with a Thrustmaster T150. All I'll say is this - get when as soon as it becomes a possibility (not necessarily a T150, but some sort of wheel). It adds so much to the experience, I can't even describe it!
The G29 is currently £129 on amazon, bargain as you could resell it for that in a year or 2. Convinced my mate to buy one

Undeniable fact. Actually, I find absolutely amazing how people can race and be competitive with a controler in this new generation racing games.

In AC on PS4, there is a special challenge 'Devil on Wheels' with a Z4 GT3 at Imola. My first hot lap with a wheel was two seconds faster than my best controller time, so I would definitely agree with you. But I also know there are some absolute masters of the controller out there who can fight with the best of the wheel users. Hats off to them!

Your first sentence kind of brings to light how pampered gamers and humans in general are. Sure we want a photomode but one or two people are not gonna buy a console sim racer which we have been waiting for decade\s because it doesn't have a proper photmode? This is nutts.

What if it had a great photmode but the game was a pile of crap? Driveclub has a great photomode and amazing graphics but i dont use it much as the physics dont call me back. I will load it up every couple months for an hour just to take in the graphics. I'm on AC every day pretty much with no photmode and i probably took over 10k photos on GT5\6 as It's something i really like.

Your suggestion on how to make up for lack of one and lack of full replay though will satisfy no one as It's just not up to task for its needed purpose.
It's also a shame that they don't plan to implement a "spectators view", very useful while you are in box to see the other drivers on track that can help to improve your times seeing how they tackle a bend..or to make nice live streamings of a online race.

About Photomode and showroom.. those aren't really needed for sure, but they are in the original PC version... so why they aren't even in the console versions, and why they aren't even planed to include them??
Regarding spectator view while you are in the box to see how other drivers tacle a bend, you can do that. You Don't even have to be in the pits, press options > click on session >
click on driver you want to watch. You can choose to see the same HUD that you see. Also before selecting session, leave your own camera in the view you want to watch in, i.e cockpit, chase cam etc.

Regarding photmode on PC i believe it isn't actually in the game but you have to activate it in the files. No idea about showroom but in the console launch trailer Fiorano and the garage were shown whilst it had "all in game content or DLC". If that is the case we should have them or maybe dont promote what isn't coming.

Wasn't career mode and special events added because a small amount asked for an offline mode other than hotlaps?

Nah. People just have different ideas in regard to what content they want from a driving game believe it or not. I'm pretty sure nobody would be disappointed here if they outlined exactly what wouldn't be coming from the start.
Agree but this would be easier to do if they had plans on releasing a game then moving on to next years release would it not? AC Isn't like other games, It's an ongoing development, they could if they wanted to just pull the plug after private lobbies and then release AC2 in 10 months with all requested features. If they were in it just for the money that's what they would do along with releasing DLC. Custom championships are coming in January too, if AC was a cash grab as has been suggested they Wouldn't even bother with that surely?

Agree but this would be easier to do if they had plans on releasing a game then moving on to next years release would it not? AC Isn't like other games, It's an ongoing development, they could if they wanted to just pull the plug after private lobbies and then release AC2 in 10 months with all requested features. If they were in it just for the money that's what they would do along with releasing DLC. Custom championships are coming in January too, if AC was a cash grab as has been suggested they Wouldn't even bother with that surely?
That's very true, it's easy to say what I've said in hindsight. However, I like to think that they didn't consider the feasibility of the functions after release and had an idea of what they could and couldn't bring from PC. :)

That's very true, it's easy to say what I've said in hindsight. However, I like to think that they didn't consider the feasibility of the functions after release and had an idea of what they could and couldn't bring from PC. :)
I am curious about that too, for instance, surely they didn't think about leaderboards and keeping best lap times etc and then say "nah who needs that in a sim"? "Console racers aren't interested in custom FOV and seat position"? I'm curious if they were\weren't planned or just Couldn't get it in on time. Hopefully the next update brings up to a state where very few features are left absent.

Back