Assetto Corsa Won't Feature Photomode or Full-Length Replays on Consoles

:eek:

I googled "Alienware Alpha" as I was unfamiliar with it. Pretty interesting. So, does it just play games from your Steam account? It's not like a regular Windows PC too, is it? If it's the former, that's pretty wild...kind of like a PS4, but for playing PC games, eh? Sweet. I'm assuming you can connect peripherals like a steering wheel and such. Playing with a controler = ::BARF:: :ill: :D I can't believe I didn't know about those Steam boxes...Very interesting!

Ok...Now back to do another race at Brands Hatch with the Moby Dick. :cheers:

There are two machines: alpha and steam machine.

Alpha has windows and can play any pc game. It's a full pc pretty much. I've hooked up my t150 to it and works great.

Steam machine can only play steam games and ones that can run on Linux. The steam machine can't play assetto because assetto is windows based and steam machine runs Linux. That's why I went with alpha.

Love it so far. Great complement to my PS4.

There are two machines: alpha and steam machine.

Alpha has windows and can play any pc game. It's a full pc pretty much. I've hooked up my t150 to it and works great.

Steam machine can only play steam games and ones that can run on Linux. The steam machine can't play assetto because assetto is windows based and steam machine runs Linux. That's why I went with alpha.

Love it so far. Great complement to my PS4.
Ahhh...Thank you for clearing that up for me. I don't follow anything in the gaming world. :embarrassed:

I've never got close to 55 minutes replay with a single car on track on the PS4?
That number was off the top of my head, I admit. I ran a test just to be sure and actually it's not that far off:

swvGDWr.jpg

50 minutes and 55 seconds.

Maybe this value changes, according to how much space is available on the PS4? I don't know... But I do remember this value ever since I first played the game.

I am so glad you all found out about photo mode and replays before you decided to buy AC for your console, it will save you from a HUGE disappointment as those 2 features seem to be so important to you. Aren't you lucky?
Unfortunately I pre ordered it so it was the other way round.

For me, photo mode and replays is secondary on the list.
My wish was a game with the best possible physics achievable on console.

As far as replays. I use the 'SHARE' button. Save video clip.
Answers all the questions as who placed where on the grid.

If here's an incident. Submit and compare replays.

I'm happy with my purchase of Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
Maybe this value changes, according to how much space is available on the PS4? I don't know... But I do remember this value ever since I first played the game.

I don't see how as it hasn't been written to the hard drive. I have about 5xxGB remaining. No way could it eat up all the RAM...

I don't see how as it hasn't been written to the hard drive. I have about 5xxGB remaining. No way could it eat up all the RAM...

I think it is time Kunos asked PD how their compression software works. We (my friends and I) used to email full races to each other when discussing "racing incidents". A full 1 hour race with 12-16 cars was under 10Mb, with all views for each car available AND a photo mode so you take exact photos of what you wanted to discuss.

I think it is time Kunos asked PD how their compression software works. We (my friends and I) used to email full races to each other when discussing "racing incidents". A full 1 hour race with 12-16 cars was under 10Mb, with all views for each car available AND a photo mode so you take exact photos of what you wanted to discuss.
Damn only 10Mb, I've never noticed the file size before but thats surprising. I think it's clear there are a few tricks and techniques Kunos are yet to learn.

Damn only 10Mb, I've never noticed the file size before but thats surprising. I think it's clear there are a few tricks and techniques Kunos are yet to learn.

Yeah, you don't really realise file sizes until you try and email them ;-) So for a 5 lap race with 5-6 cars it gets down to 4-5Mb from memory.

I can sort of understand the replay limits. But no photo mode? Anyone who is familiar with the Photo Mode on Assetto Corsa PC can attest that it's not exactly feature-rich. I can't even begin to imagine why it can't be thrown into the console port. It's just a tad more complex than if you paused the game and then had access to a free camera, no?

You do know that we're talking about a 3 minute cap, don't you? :P

It's not understandable nor acceptable at all. Especially when every other games do it right.
THREE minutes?!?! :eek:

WTF? Are you serious?? I had no idea it was so small...I take that back. I do not understand a three minute limit. Wow. :ouch:

THREE minutes?!?! :eek:

WTF? Are you serious?? I had no idea it was so small...I take that back. I do not understand a three minute limit. Wow. :ouch:

Hi mate!

Yes,the limit of races replay is 3:11 minuts.. And the online replays can't even be saved.

The limit when you drive alone is around 56 minutes, here personally don't have any complaints, that's quite enough time i think.

About Photomode, yes it isn't one of the best Photomodes, but it's functional and you can move the camera free...

So Don't understand why they leave it out on the console versions...and that they even don't plan to implement it..

Same for the "showrooms"... Don't understand why they didn't implement it in console.. It's a great feature to see the car and even make some nice screenshots.

Let's hope that at least they listen and improve the replays limits and add the possibility to save them.. Realy needed feature for the online racing leagues when the private lobbies lands

Hi mate!

Yes,the limit of races replay is 3:11 minuts.. And the online replays can't even be saved.

The limit when you drive alone is around 56 minutes, here personally don't have any complaints, that's quite enough time i think.

About Photomode, yes it isn't one of the best Photomodes, but it's functional and you can move the camera free...

So Don't understand why they leave it out on the console versions...and that they even don't plan to implement it..

Same for the "showrooms"... Don't understand why they didn't implement it in console.. It's a great feature to see the car and even make some nice screenshots.

Let's hope that at least they listen and improve the replays limits and add the possibility to save them.. Realy needed feature for the online racing leagues when the private lobbies lands
I personally don't care for showrooms or photomode (although I did enjoy the one in PGR where you had a garage you could walk around in) but a more detailed description of the cars would be nice. They don't even tell us if they're FWD, RWD etc. The tech specs info is very poor.

I personally don't care for showrooms or photomode (although I did enjoy the one in PGR where you had a garage you could walk around in) but a more detailed description of the cars would be nice. They don't even tell us if they're FWD, RWD etc. The tech specs info is very poor.

Yes, that's a personal opinion,

But if the original version got the features..
Why not the "port" that started back in 2014 on same time they launch the 1.0 version on PC?
Why selling a game with the same name? But not even equal in options and features?

BTW,in PC during the loading sreen they give you even the information of the version of tyre the car fits and more..
In the showroom you get also more information /description of the car..

They selled to me that the console version would be equal as the PC version with all the features.. But with less cars on track, new IU and no mods..

The only thing on par with PC version are the physics... And after 3 months since launch..
Well,not even equal, cause we are still 2 versions behind the PC version ho improved and added things in physics side...

So why saying "i don't care about that" o "this". If the original version got those features, options and more, it should be in the console version already since day one... Your asked features and mine.. We should be all the console users together and reclaim for what we paid for and what was "selled" to us.

Happy Xmas to you and everybody! :cheers:

Yes, that's a personal opinion,

But if the original version got the features..
Why not the "port" that started back in 2014 on same time they launch the 1.0 version on PC?
Why selling a game with the same name? But not even equal in options and features?

BTW,in PC during the loading sreen they give you even the information of the version of tyre the car fits and more..
In the showroom you get also more information /description of the car..

They selled to me that the console version would be equal as the PC version with all the features.. But with less cars on track, new IU and no mods..

The only thing on par with PC version are the physics... And after 3 months since launch..
Well,not even equal, cause we are still 2 versions behind the PC version ho improved and added things in physics side...

So why saying "i don't care about that" o "this". If the original version got those features, options and more, it should be in the console version already since day one... Your asked features and mine.. We should be all the console users together and reclaim for what we paid for and what was "selled" to us.

Happy Xmas to you and everybody! :cheers:
But we did get the super bonus exclusive console feature of the framerate stuttering for several seconds every time the damage indicator pops up on the HUD :D

And that's the last time I play with damage on.

But we did get the super bonus exclusive console feature of the framerate stuttering for several seconds every time the damage indicator pops up on the HUD :D

And that's the last time I play with damage on.

They did that a propose....so you get extra time to see what you damaged :D

Framerate stuttering is really a point they need to optimise for sure..
But even with that, i will keep playing with damage on...

Back