• 2,675 comments
Ederson Nope, played 3195min in 36 matches
Fabianski Correct
Begovic Correct
Lossl Correct
Tarkowski 2790' in 31 games
Maguire Correct
Tomkins 2388' in 28 games
Hegazi Nope, he missed 33min somewhere, slacker. Most outside of the 3420' club, though
Shawcross 2372' in 27 games
Mawson Correct
Daniels 3004'

That's all I've got for now, all guesses.

I've got a few minutes to kill and have no idea myself as to the answers, so I looked them up...

5/10 👍

Ederson
Fabianski
Begovic
Lossl
Tarkowski
Maguire
Tomkins
Hegazi
Shawcross
Mawson
Daniels

That's all I've got for now, all guesses.

Fabianksi, Lössl, Begovic, Magure and Mawson are indeed all correct. Still another five to go

I've got a few minutes to kill and have no idea myself as to the answers, so I looked them up...

5/10 👍

To offer an olive branch, Barra, even though you already know, one of the players was Australian. ;)

Pickford is definitely in there. I can't even think of any other footballers right now. It's going to be defenders or midfielders from the promoted teams though isn't it?

Adding Pickford to the list that's 6/10.

The remaining clubs of the four remaining players are Brighton, Brighton, Huddersfield and Burnley.

It's going to be defenders or midfielders from the promoted teams though isn't it?
The remaining clubs of the four remaining players are Brighton, Brighton, Huddersfield and Burnley.
:lol:

I couldn't name a single player from Brighton or Huddersfield if I tried, and I think I've got one in my fantasy team.

:lol:

I couldn't name a single player from Brighton or Huddersfield if I tried, and I think I've got one in my fantasy team.

You don't but you do have the other missing player in your fantasy team. :lol:

Edit:- Oh no he missed one match, likely suspension. :ouch: Oh actually I was right initially, checking stats made me mess up. 🤬 :banghead:

Still missing others though and like you I have no clue on Brighton or Huddersfield.

Although just to add to my misery if had I guessed the three players on gut instinct alone I'd have been correct, so they are guessable but as I just looked on the fantasy site, me saying who they are now would be cheating. :dunce::embarrassed:;)

Last edited:
Dunk and Duffy for Brighton, Mee for Burnley and Schindler for Huddersfield I'll go for.

Ryan and Dunk are correct regarding Brighton players, it's the Burnley and Huddersfield players you guys still need. Mee missed a number of games this season through injury and Schindler got a red card (I know this because he was in my fantasy team at the time of course).

Revival!

Not including White Hart Lane, there are ten former stadiums in the Premier League era which are now defunct and/or demolished.

Name them.

Revival!

Not including White Hart Lane, there are ten former stadiums in the Premier League era which are now defunct and/or demolished.

Name them.
Roker Park and Ayrsome Park are definitely in there. I'll have to think about others.

One that's been bugging me recently is when was the last time a club replaced a caretaker manager with a caretaker manager? We sacked Luhukay in December and Lee Bullen took over on a caretaker basis. Then we appointed Steve Bruce but he won't start until February so Steve Agnew has the job as caretaker until then.

Roker Park and Ayrsome Park are definitely in there. I'll have to think about others.

Both are correct. Ayresome closed in 1995 and Roker closed in 1998.

One that's been bugging me recently is when was the last time a club replaced a caretaker manager with a caretaker manager? We sacked Luhukay in December and Lee Bullen took over on a caretaker basis. Then we appointed Steve Bruce but he won't start until February so Steve Agnew has the job as caretaker until then.

The most recent I can recall is Howard Wilkinson and then Peter Taylor being caretaker managers of England in 2000. Wilkinson, an FA director, was the immediate caretaker manager following Kevin Keegan's resignation and his only game was a 0-2 defeat against France. Taylor, at his peak with Leicester being in the top six of the Premier League, was caretaker manager for three months after the FA failed to reappoint Bobby Robson and his only game was a 0-1 defeat against Italy.

Arsenal got a new ground, didn't they?

They certainly did when Highbury closed in 2006.

Roker Park (Sunderland) - Famine
Ayresome Park (Middlesbrough) - Famine
Highbury (Arsenal) - Barra333

Last edited:
Upton Park/ Boleyn Ground for West Ham Highfield Road for Coventry
The Dell for Southampton
Filbert Street for Leicester
Maine Road for Manchester City

Highfield Road. Coventry, although very much not Premier League any more, play at the Ricoh. Don't know if Highfield Road is houses now though.

Upton Park/ Boleyn Ground for West Ham Highfield Road for Coventry
The Dell for Southampton
Filbert Street for Leicester
Maine Road for Manchester City

All correct.

Highfield Road. Coventry, although very much not Premier League any more, play at the Ricoh. Don't know if Highfield Road is houses now though.

Also correct. Any closed stadium is fine.

Boleyn Ground (West Ham United) - - SuperDiscoDaz
The Dell (Southampton) - SuperDiscoDaz
Filbert Street (Leicester City) - SuperDiscoDaz
Maine Road (Manchester City) - SuperDiscoDaz
Highfield Road (Coventry City) - Famine

Were Bolton still in Burnden Park when they were in the Premier League, or had they gone to the Reebok by then?

Were Bolton still in Burnden Park when they were in the Premier League, or had they gone to the Reebok by then?

I think they had already moved. I’m not sure but I think the other one might be Cardiff but I’m not 100% on when they moved from Ninian Park

The Baseball Ground, Derby?

Both correct.

Bolton still played at Burnden Park for their first Premier League season in 1995/96, where they were relegated, before the stadium closed at the end of the following season.

Derby County's first season in the Premier League was also at their former ground, the Baseball Ground, before that too closed at the end of the 1996/97 season.

Burnden Park (Bolton Wanderers) - Famine
Baseball Ground (Derby County) - polysmut

That's all 10 and gives @Famine or @SuperDiscoDaz the chance to ask a question.

Both correct.

Bolton still played at Burnden Park for their first Premier League season in 1995/96, where they were relegated, before the stadium closed at the end of the following season.

Derby County's first season in the Premier League was also at their former ground, the Baseball Ground, before that too closed at the end of the 1996/97 season.

Burnden Park (Bolton Wanderers) - Famine
Baseball Ground (Derby County) - polysmut

That's all 10 and gives @Famine or @SuperDiscoDaz the chance to ask a question.

I’m gonna let @Famine ask the question

In light of Bury's expulsion from the Football League and imminent liquidation:

Name the previous four clubs which either were expelled from the Football League or became defunct whilst still a member of the Football League.

There are fifty-four other former members of the Football League along with Bury but only four suffered either liquidation or expulsion.

Types of clubs that do not count:

- Clubs that failed to be reelected (Examples: Glossop North End, Aberdare Athletic, Bradford)
- Clubs that resigned from the league (Examples: Wigan Borough, Northwich Victoria, Accrington)
- Clubs that merged and retained League status (Examples: Burton United, Rotherham United)
- Clubs that became defunct after being a member of the Football League (Examples: Chester City, Newport County, Darlington)

There is an easy list of "List of former members of the Football League" but let's keep the magic of a quiz alive. ;)

In light of Bury's expulsion from the Football League and imminent liquidation:

Name the previous four clubs which either were expelled from the Football League or became defunct whilst still a member of the Football League.

There are fifty-four other former members of the Football League along with Bury but only four suffered either liquidation or expulsion.

Types of clubs that do not count:

- Clubs that failed to be reelected (Examples: Glossop North End, Aberdare Athletic, Bradford)
- Clubs that voluntarily resigned from the league (Examples: Wigan Borough, Northwich Victoria, Accrington)
- Clubs that merged and retained League status (Examples: Burton United, Rotherham United)
- Clubs that became defunct after being a member of the Football League (Examples: Chester City, Newport County, Darlington)

There is an easy list of "List of former members of the Football League" but let's keep the magic of a quiz alive. ;)
The news has been awash with comparisons to Maidstone United in 1992, so I'm assuming... them. I do distinctly recall Aldershot as a thing when I was at school as well, and that would have been somewhere between 1987 and 1992.

I was reading an article about Bury/Bolton the other day that mentioned Maidstone.

The news has been awash with comparisons to Maidstone United in 1992, so I'm assuming... them.

Maidstone United is correct, yes. They are the most recent club to be "unpersoned" by the Football League. Although they were included in the fixture list, after failing to play their first fixture of the 1992/93 season the club was liquidated and made defunct.

I do distinctly recall Aldershot as a thing when I was at school as well, and that would have been somewhere between 1987 and 1992.

As is Aldershot; they were liquidated midway through the 1991/92 season and their record for that season expunged.

Those are the two recentish ones. The other two happened before the 1920s. ;)

Back