Assoluto Racing - iOS / Android (Out now on iOS and Android!)

• Thread starter jujunosuke
  • 681 comments
Anyone else enjoying the new bonus cars?

(I got the Daily Bonus Integra and the Video Rewards Silvia), very irritated that changing a car setup setting like gear ratios gets reset (although the change takes effect when I hit confirm and then resets as soon as I restart or finish the lap) in the unmodified series.

toyota_chaser_tourer_v.png

Absolute boat

toyota_supra_rz.png

Drift machine

Should we also start a "Cars you should never buy" and "Cars that you MUST buy" list here on this thread so that we can have people spend their money wisely?

I guess if that's the case I'll start:

Cars you should NEVER buy:

Lotus Elise Cup (DO NOT BUY IT, IT IS AWFUL IN EVERY WAY)
Nissan Skyline R33 (it's okay unmodified, god help you if you decide to max it out as it is undrivable, buggy suspension stiffness I think is what's up)

I have never driven the car, but is it really worth buying the Lexus LFA? I doubt that I would have the patience to grind for THAT long without so many other cars to get...

Cars that you MUST buy (for maximum enjoyment)

BMW M3 E46: Amazing car to drive (although very scary at low speeds because power-on oversteer), always extremely fun to drive

Mitsubishi 3000GT: Very expensive and almost a waste of 40k credits, but WR-chasing in this car is so much fun (albiet slow)

Lotus 3 Eleven: This one is questionable, but if you want something fast and fairly high-grip, buy this car (although I kinda expected a LOT more out of it, it's still a boat)

Mazda MX-5 2016: Probably one of the most fun cars to drive in the entire game, hands down, perfect for practicing how to handle oversteery cars

Lotus Exige: Very understeery at high speeds, but still a very fun car to drive

Also possible bonus cars to add as suggestions(?)

Lotus Exige Sport (race car edition?) with slick tires, stage 3 weight reduction, sport suspension, sports transmission, racing exhaust and stage 1 engine and race brakes - unlockable by getting a top 3 time for any car/track combo for the unmodified series

TVR Sagaris Race Car edition completely maxed out (for extreme silliness except for sports transmission and sports suspension), unlockable by getting at least 6 different makes of cars

Subaru Impreza 22B Hillclimb Special(?): Completely maxed out, unlockable by getting a gold medal for every single track for every single series in the unmodified series

Also maybe a "race mode" almost where you start from a standing start and attempt to beat a ghost car through a series of consecutive laps.

Known Bugs:

Penalties to lap times are also not being applied.

I'm getting terrible framerate issues on Medium Graphics (low graphics are unplayable due to flashes that happen on the ground the faster you go) when you get the "full Forza sun" effect on the main straight of Yamagata Circuit Forwards. This is running on an iPad mini (first gen) on iOS 10.3 (the latest one).

UPDATE: I'm getting framerate stuttering on EVERY track. It's minor, but it does make the game much more difficult to play for me.

Last edited:
Anyone else enjoying the new bonus cars?

(I got the Daily Bonus Integra and the Video Rewards Silvia), very irritated that changing a car setup setting like gear ratios gets reset (although the change takes effect when I hit confirm and then resets as soon as I restart or finish the lap) in the unmodified series.
It's called unmodified for a reason.

It's called unmodified for a reason.

The setup changes still take effect regardless... (I tested this with the Nissan Silvia AR Edition, raised the final gear ratio to maximum to give it stupid short gears and it did just that)

Waow you are good at taking photos @GTvsForza !
Is it iPhone 7?

The upcoming new version will be a preparation for Multiplayer with
- A new Manufacturer
- A lot of bug fixes (Removed understeer when braking)
- Better perfs
- Re-baked Lightmaps (Better lighting in general)
- A more lighting accurate and optimized wheel.

Hopefully the new Build will be ready soon.
We are still testing it.

The next version after this should be Quick Race / Quick Drift Multiplayer update.

Waow you are good at taking photos @GTvsForza !
Is it iPhone 7?

The upcoming new version will be a preparation for Multiplayer with
- A new Manufacturer
- A lot of bug fixes (Removed understeer when braking)
- Better perfs
- Re-baked Lightmaps (Better lighting in general)
- A more lighting accurate and optimized wheel.

Hopefully the new Build will be ready soon.
We are still testing it.

The next version after this should be Quick Race / Quick Drift Multiplayer update.

Beter perfs...?

Hey Mike, are you running on Android?
Id yes, can you send me a PM? I want to start a discussion from there..
I am really concern by this perfs problems on Android and want to fix it.

No, but on my first-gen iPad mini I am suffering from stuttering.

Juju, any chance you can add real race tracks? I don't care if you can only add one. I'd like to see Laguna Seca or maybe the Nurburgring GP circuit (cause I don't know if the game can handle the whole 24 hour circuit or even the Nordschliefe).

No worries if you can't get anything. Love the original circuits as much as I do real tracks :)

And maybe a new mode in the future: Drag Race
- 1/2 mile and 1 mile variants
- Good way of testing acceleration and top speed.
- Share your fastest times with friends and earn money by beating them.

Will we see an official autocross-esque track at the Docks anytime soon? Could be interesting if you do make that!

It's nice to finally play Assoluto again since I had a phone that wasn't enough to run normally Assoluto but now I got an ASUS Zenfone and the game works well with it on max settings.

Time for me to catch up then.

Hi Everyone!
We worked hard on this new update, it contain a lot of bug fix and performance improvement.

We also worked on improving the physics by making the cars feel heavier, fixing the strong engine brakes and understeer has been fixed when braking with ABS.

Please also do a warm welcome to Dodge the first American manufacturer to join Assoluto!

AssolutoRacing_Icon_1024x1024_dodge.png

NEW MANUFACTURER
- Added Dodge Charger 1969
- Added Dodge Challenger Hellcat
- Added Dodge Viper ACR

NEW PHYSICS
- Better weight feel and more accurate rotational inertia
- ABS Brakes no longer cause under-steer
- Reduced engine brakes

NEW FEATURES
- More accurate HDR lighting on track and cars
- Improved performance
- New Screen Resolution option in settings
- Camera Shake
- Re-polished all cars

BUG FIXES
- Fixed Accelerometer / Gyro that does not recalibrate
- Fixed unreachable license test
- Fixed Photo Mode UI that displays on screenshot
- Fixed sector times that do not show up after 1st lap
- Fixed collision not working on Docks
- Fixed collision not working on Touge
- Fixed wrong Lotus Elise mirror color
- Fixed Lotus Elise brake lights

As always, let me know if you guys have questions or concern about this update.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Liking the improved physics, also the resolution thing helps reduce power consumption and phone overheating giving a better consistent performance.

Had a quick go with the Hellcat just now, surprised that it doesn't really oversteer or break traction when applying power. Managed to get first position on the first track with it, lost over a tenth in first sector, similar amount in middle sector and botched the last sector.

Back