Assoluto Racing - iOS / Android (Out now on iOS and Android!)

• Thread starter jujunosuke
  • 681 comments
Not a fan of the new physics with some cars... (i.e. the BMW M3 E46 becoming a twitchy deathtrap and cars are generally harder to drive on the limit)

If the Viper was given more rear traction and a fixed engine sound (the pitch of the engine sounds really low below 5000 RPM and then the pitch increases dramatically instantly above that... and also the engine doesn't sound that great in general), then that would become my favorite car ever to appear in AR.

Not a fan of the new physics with some cars... (i.e. the BMW M3 E46 becoming a twitchy deathtrap and cars are generally harder to drive on the limit)
Gave the M3 E46 a quick attempt to see how it is out of curiosity, I see what you mean. It is quite edgy and on the nose a lot, quite a bit different to drive than the Hellcat but it is a lot more my kind of fun. Probably not as accessible as some of the other cars in terms of driving closer to the limit but I think if it was possible to use a steering wheel with pedals, it would be much easier to drive to the limit so physics are quite good for this car I would say. I think I left over a second on the table due to me not being that smooth with this car on steering and throttle but still felt quite reasonable the lap after only a few attempts.

IMG_0419.PNG IMG_0420.PNG IMG_0421.PNG

Anyone having issues seeing obnoxiously bright rims (especially white ones) like these?

If the Viper was given more rear traction and a fixed engine sound (the pitch of the engine sounds really low below 5000 RPM and then the pitch increases dramatically instantly above that... and also the engine doesn't sound that great in general), then that would become my favorite car ever to appear in AR.
I noticed I had just enough credits to buy this car yesterday. Gave it a quick go, my first attempt using max sensitivity on this car below and surprised myself in taking first spot ahead of some of the best drivers on the game. I thought it would take me at least a few attempts to get used to the change in setting but it worked out quite well although left a lot in the last sector.

I think it has more than enough rear traction, any more and it would become too arcadey IMO. Impressed by the physics of this car, seems under a lot higher yaw, there is less downforce. 👍

I noticed I had just enough credits to buy this car yesterday. Gave it a quick go, my first attempt using max sensitivity on this car below and surprised myself in taking first spot ahead of some of the best drivers on the game. I thought it would take me at least a few attempts to get used to the change in setting but it worked out quite well although left a lot in the last sector.

I think it has more than enough rear traction, any more and it would become too arcadey IMO. Impressed by the physics of this car, seems under a lot higher yaw, there is less downforce. 👍

Damn.

That lap.

Well done.

Hello everyone,

On the 1.13.6 already available on Android and waiting approval on Apple, we have raised the general grip level of the tires a bit.
Some cars also have been fine tuned.
We might continue to do adjustment as we always do after a major physics update.

I know it can be a bit annoying to drive the cars in a different manner after a major physics update we are aware of that.
In the future ideally we want to find more stability.

While we continue to add new features, cars etc to the game, hundreds of hours are spent doing ONLY research about improving physics...
This is something that the users is most of the time not really aware of.
Sometimes dozens of hours of research are thrown away because the new physics model does not pass the quality control.

I think its nice if the dev can explain what's happen in the background :)

I have not downloaded Assoluto Racing, but allow me to first congratulate you on coming up with this fine game. As someone trying to model tracks and stuff as well as learn to make a car game, I am looking towards all kinds of inspiration- including Assoluto Racing. I've been fairly impressed with this game and its development. Maybe I should have looked at this sooner, but I do think it looks great. Maybe I will offer better judgment if I played the proper game.

Are the Assoluto Fatalita and Assoluto Ghepardo bonus vehicles? ;)

Started getting back into this game again the other day. I'm not good by any means but like getting the cars. I usually hang out on the MyAssolutoRacing forum. Just got the Lotus 311 and building up now to get the 22B and then my target is the Supra. I prefer the Japanese cars that were around when I was young so except for the Lotus I've avoided the BMW and will avoid the Dodge.

To me the best overall car, and I have it fully maxed, is the Evo X. Awesome car to drive fast. Want to get the RX-7 and MR2 fully maxed.

Last edited:
I am the newest fish to take the bait of "Assoluto Racing." In preparing a blog post for my racing/driving game blog, I tested out some of the nuances of this game on my Android tablet. So these are my first impressions...

I think the game is designed quite well and with a very solid driving model. I also feel there is a lot of Gran Turismo influence to this game, which I have no problem with. Maybe I'm impressed because I haven't raced any more powerful machines yet, but I am pleased putting the Peugeot RCZ through its paces in the game's tracks. It would probably be much better with a gamepad, but it is still great using just the tablet's touchscreen controls and the accelerometer. It is almost to say "Assoluto Racing" is what has made Gran Turismo such a great game before the later GT titles started to get more fancy and detailed. So I'd say it's a bit of a throwback for a game not about competition racing or racing against a pack of cars.

Cheers on a job well done developing and creating this game!

Wow I went back and tried the Mitsubishi 3000GT again. Wow nevermind that is the easiest car to drive. Got 4th place Unmodified at AR. Great car that brings back memories of my youth. Remember when that and the Dodge Stealth came out.

Anyone have both the 22B and the Supra? Thoughts on which is better?

Last edited:
Wow I went back and tried the Mitsubishi 3000GT again. Wow nevermind that is the easiest car to drive. Got 4th place Unmodified at AR. Great car that brings back memories of my youth. Remember when that and the Dodge Stealth came out.

Anyone have both the 22B and the Supra? Thoughts on which is better?

I want to get the 22B, and the 3000GT is so damn fun to drive. Shame I had to get rid of it to get the Viper... (which I hate at low speed cornering)

Is it me or do cars get kinda (I mean VERY) twitchy at lower speeds (i.e. the hairpin at Forest Path)?

No idea if they are twitchy as not sure what you meant. When I drive a car I notice the following.

1. Will the car turn easily or go off into the grass? Understeer
2. Will the car turn way too easy making it tough to judge when to start turning? Oversteer

The thing I finally realized, after coming back to the game after awhile, is you have to manually choose a slick in Unmodified. Just because you buy one it doesn't choose the best tire. Long ago I figured this out but forgot so I wondered again why the cars lost traction in a turn.

Never upgrade power before upgrading brakes, suspension and most importantly tires. Game and real life. What good is power without control to quote the old Pirelli advertisement.

My favorite cars currently.

1. 3000GT - fully upgraded. Doesn't feel fast but it is so easy to drive. Maybe the AWD
2. Subaru WRX STI - except for exhaust no power upgrades but fun car to drive fast drifting. Just drift around every corner easy. Not sure once I add engine, turbo and weight loss what will happen.
3. Evo X - fully upgraded. This has been my favorite but going back to the 3000GT and getting slicks on the STI make them more fun although you can't turn as quick a lap time. I can't at least. Maybe the STI can beat the Evo X lap times after power upgrades.
4. EVO IX - fully upgraded. Just like the X you can get good lap times and fun to drive.
5. RX-7 - fully upgraded. This car is fast because it's got tons of power and is light. Tougher to control than the others but it's fun.

Honorable mentions I'm upgrading more and messing with.

1. Lotus 311 - Good so far but tougher to drive even with only exhaust power upgrades
2. MR2 - only exhaust power upgrade but all other upgrades. Not as crazy to drive and doesn't feel fast. It's ok and I wanted it because it's from my childhood.
3. S2000 - Not fully upgraded. So far surprisingly kinda fun. Gonna use it more once upgraded.

I have alot of the other cars like the R34 and Civics. All the Silvias I haven't messed with although I own.

I'll get the R33 at some point, NSX and possibly try out a BMW. The Sagaris I recently got but don't have slicks and is way too uncontrollable

Even after you get slicks for it... it won't be any easier to control!

Yep I noticed. I finally got the 22B though. Have all non-power upgrades except I got the exhaust. Sounds great just like the other STI. Might buy the latest Miata next. I wasn't overly impressed with the older one though. Saving for the Supra.

Last edited:
Yep I noticed. I finally got the 22B though. Have all non-power upgrades except I got the exhaust. Sounds great just like the other STI. Might buy the latest Miata next. I wasn't overly impressed with the older one though. Saving for the Supra.

Be prepared for a very final-oversteering car (I think) for the Miata... (not sure)

"Decisions, decisions..." as we say. I had enough Credits to get another car. Here I was debating what to get when I crossed the 25K Credits mark. Either the good old hachi-roku from Toyota, the 1995 Mazda Miata, or the Nissan 240SX. Because I wasn't confident drifting in "Assoluto Racing," I went with the Miata. Now, I almost feel like wanting to get the 240SX.

When I made my first attempt at the Drift environment, I found an easy way to rack up drift points. I started getting up to 9000+ drift points until I eventually timed out. Bronze was 10K drift points. I also realized what it takes to get Gold in the race events outside of getting enough Apex Touches. So I am starting to get used to how to play this game better. Still nowhere near pro level with this game, though. I am enjoying Assoluto Racing to be honest.

There's a bug the 22B. You buy the Engine stage 1 upgrade. You go back to buy stage 2 and it tells you that you need Stage 1 even though you have it. When you go the Base Engine or go back to buy Stage 2 and you don't have funds for it then Stage 1 disappears. It's done it twice on me so I lost 4500 twice.

I have all upgrades except Engine and all but Turbo Stage 2 up.

There's a bug the 22B. You buy the Engine stage 1 upgrade. You go back to buy stage 2 and it tells you that you need Stage 1 even though you have it. When you go the Base Engine or go back to buy Stage 2 and you don't have funds for it then Stage 1 disappears. It's done it twice on me so I lost 4500 twice.

I have all upgrades except Engine and all but Turbo Stage 2 up.

How is the 22B stock?

How is the 22B stock?

Great car stock. Because it doesn't have tons of power and I assume the AWD it doesn't even need slicks. I ran it with the stock tires. Barely loses grip in corners. Put on slicks and the thing is awesome doesn't lose grip at all. As soon as I added weight loss upgrades the steering got way too easy, I guess oversteer, and therefore would lose traction more. I don't understand all the settings ( normally keep them at the stock settings) and their affects on the cars but I decided to knock down steering assist to 80% from 100% and that helped. But I just took it back to 100% to have some fun.

My time isn't great but got under a minute finally at AR and I'm sure that will fall alot once I add more power with Stage 2 and up Turbo upgrades and if they fix the Engine upgrade on Android.

Back again...

The 370Z is a pig to drive, so I decided to save for the EVO MR.

Is it good? Can someone tell me?

Back again...

The 370Z is a pig to drive, so I decided to save for the EVO MR.

Is it good? Can someone tell me?

Yes both EVOs are worth it. See my reviews a few messages up. I haven't thought much of the 370Z. I have the other Nissans but haven't driven them much. Just trying to get them all.

I just got myself the Nissan 240SX and sold the Miata. So I go from a 120-something hp roadster to a drift 150-something drift beast. Speaking of drifting, I did pretty well trying a drift session around Docks. I thought I would get Silver for my efforts, but Silver in its class is 30K points, and I had just over 20K points.

Next car I may try to get? The Honda S2000.

Back