Aston Martin DBR9 Confirmed for GT Sport

I don't think they could add DTM cars due to licensing reasons, but maybe make some fictional Gr.2 race cars in their place like what's done with Gr.3.
True but maybe now that SGT and DTM will become one maybe they can strike a deal but im way too hopeful.

Isn't there some agreement, that games can feature at least one car from a licenced series? I think we could get the M4 or RS5 DTM. Maybe not both.

A 2016 CLK DTM could also happen. It'd fit in more with the 2008 SGT cars.

True but maybe now that SGT and DTM will become one maybe they can strike a deal but im way too hopeful.
I thought they were one already tbh. It would be cool if they could strike a deal, but I think it's unlikely. Which is why I propose they create some fictional versions that are similar.

Isn't there some agreement, that games can feature at least one car from a licenced series? I think we could get the M4 or RS5 DTM. Maybe not both.

There probably is, or something like that. The Crew 2 had a modern DTM C63 AMG when it came out, so I can see PD getting some deal for GT Sport.

I thought they were one already tbh. It would be cool if they could strike a deal, but I think it's unlikely. Which is why I propose they create some fictional versions that are similar.

There probably is, or something like that. The Crew 2 had a modern DTM C63 AMG when it came out, so I can see PD getting some deal for GT Sport.
Also another intresting topic is why P&M don't allow racing corvettes in GT since the C5-R

The chicane of death at DT would never pass muster and be approved on an official course with the close proximity of jutting out walls coupled with the multiple quick change of directions at high speeds where a driver mistake or car contact could easily result in serious injury or death to a driver and lack of sufficient runoff before contacting the barriers in question.

Montreal E-Prix had a chicane of death, and this happened:

Montreal E-Prix had a chicane of death, and this happened:

Seems like they accept a lot more in the way of dangerous conditions on a street circuit than on a purpose built course. I am not a big fan of most street circuit racing regardless of the classes of cars racing.

Any idea that the Gr.2 class would get expanded died when the Mac F1 GTR showed up in Gr.3

Again, that makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. If the old F1 GTR was in Gr.2, nobody would use it because it would be dead-last in pace.

Case in point; as real lap times show, the McLaren F1 GTR of 1996 is about 3-4 seconds slower than todays 2020 GT3 per lap round Suzuka.

With the McLaren F1 GTR getting a 2:02.502 during the POKKA 1000 in 1996.

While the Ferrari 488 GT3 gets a 1:58.748 in the 2019 5 Hours of Suzuka in Super Taikyu.

Super-GT-Suzuka-1000km-Hall-Of-Fame-Ueno-McLaren.jpg

Screenshot_20200217-165812_YouTube.jpg

ferrari-488-gt3-2017-super-taikyu-main.jpg

20200217_170339.jpg

Your opinions may want these cars in Gr.2, but opinions can be wrong. With facts proving how fittingly they compare with Gr.3/GT3 speed.

Your optimism baffles me, if you think a 24 year old GT car can keep up with a 2016 Super-GT500 monster, then I must nominate you for a Darwin Award.

2016 Super-GT500 lap times are a 1:44.319 at best. 14 seconds faster than a GT3, and 18 seconds faster than an F1 GTR. And god knows how many seconds faster than that DBR9 GT1!
Thats totally balanced for Gr.2 isn't it!
Screenshot_20200217-171504_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
time pole position of group c in 1991 (1: 48.084), does this mean that group c = gr. 2. Or just in 30 years, have tire compositions improved?

Again, that makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. If the old F1 GTR was in Gr.2, nobody would use it because it would be dead-last in pace.

Case in point; as real lap times show, the McLaren F1 GTR of 1996 is about 3-4 seconds slower than todays 2020 GT3 per lap round Suzuka.

With the McLaren F1 GTR getting a 2:02.502 during the POKKA 1000 in 1996.

While the Ferrari 488 GT3 gets a 1:58.748 in the 2019 5 Hours of Suzuka in Super Taikyu.

View attachment 891697
View attachment 891699

View attachment 891698
View attachment 891695
Your opinions may want these cars in Gr.2, but opinions can be wrong. With facts proving how fittingly they compare with Gr.3/GT3 speed.

Your optimiam baffles me, if you think a 24 year old GT car can keep up with a 2016 Super-GT500 monster, then I must nominate you for a Darwin Award.

2016 Super-GT500 lap times are a 1:44.319 at best. 14 seconds faster than a GT3, and 18 seconds faster than an F1 GTR. And god knows how many seconds faster than that DBR9 GT1!
Thats totally balanced for Gr.2 isn't it!
View attachment 891701

"Gt1 iS fAsTeR tHaN gT3 cArS"

Everything has improved.

Also over the years rules change and actually sometimes those rule changes are to slow the cars down in the interest of both driver and spectator safety. Also fuel octane changes or restrictions can have a big effect on power outputs along with tech advances.

Take Nascar for instance, could you imagine the amount of horsepower the engine builders could produce today if they were still allowed 426-428 cubic inch race engines to work with? Heck even with the reduced cubic inches back in the mid 80's they had to restrict the hp of the smaller engines to slow down the cars on the superspeedways. Bill Elliot qualified at a speed of 212.8 mph back in 1987 at Talladega and that was over 30 years ago using 80's technology!

Imagine the top speeds now if they unrestricted the horsepower and let the teams set the aero package at Daytona and Talladega.

Also over the years rules change and actually sometimes those rule changes are to slow the cars down in the interest of both driver and spectator safety. Also fuel octane changes or restrictions can have a big effect on power outputs along with tech advances.

Take Nascar for instance, could you imagine the amount of horsepower the engine builders could produce today if they were still allowed 426-428 cubic inch race engines to work with? Heck even with the reduced cubic inches back in the mid 80's they had to restrict the hp of the smaller engines to slow down the cars on the superspeedways. Bill Elliot qualified at a speed of 212.8 mph back in 1987 at Talladega and that was over 30 years ago using 80's technology!

Imagine the top speeds now if they unrestricted the horsepower and let the teams set the aero package at Daytona and Talladega.
Exactly thank you .

Actually it was sarcasm. The biggest improvements are in tires. The chemical composition of the fuel is also important. I am sure that modern tires and fuel will greatly accelerate old racing cars. But who will drive on rarity like hell?

Actually it was sarcasm. The biggest improvements are in tires. The chemical composition of the fuel is also important. I am sure that modern tires and fuel will greatly accelerate old racing cars. But who will drive on rarity like hell?
I'd say the biggest improvements are in these:

Braking
Tyres
Chassis-Rigidity
Aerodynamic Balance (F/R)

Last edited:
The biggest improvements are in tires.
But there are cases that the newer improved tires can actually overpower the suspension design, rigidity of the chassis and the suspension spring rates of an older car which was not designed to work with the higher traction forces generated by the newer improved tires and compounds.

Now we are discussing the game. we don’t do a strength calculation of materials) we get a virtual chassis that we cannot break. We take the gt1 chassis and put modern tires on it. It turns out a greater coefficient of adhesion of tires. Higher speed in cornering, even faster on straight lines, less braking distance. there are too few car classes in the game; they cannot be balanced adequately.

Pole time Honda HSV-010 GT (H010) 1: 55.237 2010 (suzuka). Doesn't the old super gt seem much closer to gr.3 than we thought?

Now we are discussing the game. we don’t do a strength calculation of materials)

But when you are using actual real world race times from different decades to justify a car being placed within a certain modern vehicle classification in the game then the upgrades or downgrades that the advanced time eras differences may inflict on the cars performance should be calculated into the cars performance against cars from different classes and decades.

Not considering how changes may affect a vehicles performance why not just give a Samba bus 900 hp and race it with the GR3 class. The extra hp over a standard gr3 car for the Samba is to overcome the worse aero of the bus, after all its just a game so realistic changes or alterations do not count right?

It's almost like agreeing to disagree is way easier than continuing yet another internet argument :lol:

Either way, looking forward to this car, and the potential of getting the new Mazda very soon too! Surely they'll want us to get our hands on it before the preseason ends?

DTM deal is being worked on for GT Sport.

It's almost like agreeing to disagree is way easier than continuing yet another internet argument :lol:

Either way, looking forward to this car, and the potential of getting the new Mazda very soon too! Surely they'll want us to get our hands on it before the preseason ends?
The Porsche 962 was not released during the FIA season last year?

I do not have a problem at all with the use of fictional tracks as long as those tracks would meet all the racing orgs actual criteria to be approved if the track was submitted for consideration in the real world.
Some people see it as a problem that some fictional tracks exist in the game. I'm not sure I understand why they have such big fuss over them.

You lot make me giggle, the F1 GTR gets a 21% weight handicap and 11% of its power removed to make it competitive in Gr. 3 in the game, otherwise its specs are right in line with a Gr. 2 car aside from aero, which is arbitrarily determined anyway. Real life pace is irrelevant, this is a video game.

You lot make me giggle, the F1 GTR gets a 21% weight handicap and 11% of its power removed to make it competitive in Gr. 3 in the game, otherwise its specs are right in line with a Gr. 2 car aside from aero, which is arbitrarily determined anyway. Real life pace is irrelevant, this is a video game.
Sim’s still struggle to simulate older cars and their limitations compared to modern cars.

On paper the F1 GTR is 100bhp to the good and 150kg lighter than a GTE/GT3. Yet the ‘96 short-tail F1 GTR qualified in 3.48 at Le Mans. The ‘95 car (which is in GTS) qualified in 3.57.

The 2019 GTE pole was 3.48.

Back