Aston Martin DBR9 Confirmed for GT Sport

Basically is the Gulf Oil livery car?
aston_martin_dbr9_gulf_oil_livery_900.jpeg
Going by the footage in the car guide, yes, but with a few key changes livery-wise. Default GT numberboards, slightly different sunstrip and a few fantasy brand decals in place of real-life ones (e.g. 246 Press replaces the Prodrive logo).

Last edited:
Whatever Jimmy did won't be accurate since he was trying to commentate at the same time and literally just sat down and went

Jimmy's lap was a 1:28.526, which he said himself wasn't as quick as what others might or might have already clocked. As to the discussions about which category the DBR9 will be put in, his comments about the car's downforce and BoP seem to suggest Gr.3:

He did a 1:23.8 in this video, which is pretty much in line with the 1:23.6 I did with the Ford GT LM.

Uhh whats wrong with Mclaren F1 Gtr? That car is completely balanced gr.3 and working as intended. (better top speed for worse cornering)
Better top speed with worse cornering is not balanced. It is dominant on some tracks, useless on others. The DBR9 shouldn't be so bad but it's not perfect.

Better top speed with worse cornering is not balanced. It is dominant on some tracks, useless on others. The DBR9 shouldn't be so bad but it's not perfect.
Nissan GTR Cough Cough. That car has unmatched acceleration at 100-200 kmh yet still corners decently.

Still Mclaren F1 gtr is only dominant in Sarthe and does average on rest of the tracks. That sounds pretty balanced to me.

Nissan GTR Cough Cough. That car has unmatched acceleration at 100-200 kmh yet still corners decently.

Still Mclaren F1 gtr is only dominant in Sarthe and does average on rest of the tracks. That sounds pretty balanced to me.
The GT-R is a legit GT3 car slow but legit the F1 GTR is a 90s GT1 car thrown in there because ressons.

Oh man this will be tempting to go back to and try to qualify for a live event again with Aston Martin, will depend a lot on the bop and its strengths and weaknesses.

GT1 cars are easily on pace with GT500 cars given the right team and proper tires. The MC12 here is adapted to steel brakes and has more weight but still is only 2 seconds back.

unknown.png

Why GT500 cars are in Group 2 but the DBR9 is in Group 3 is a mind boggling decision. Especially when before 2010 GT500 cars did not go over 500 HP.

Comparing a Maserati MC12 GT1 (which is still 3 years off-pace from the top of GT500) with the Aston Martin DBR9 is like comparing a steamtrain to a space shuttle. Simple fact is the Maserati MC12 was completely dominant in GT1 and practically single-handedly killed GT1, whereas the DBR9 was miles behind in performance, and by the end of each race, quite literally.

It would make infinately more sense to put the DBR9 in Gr.3, where it actually can compete, and gets the same lap times round Silverstone than a modern GT3, instead of having it sit utterly useless up against much faster Gr.2 cars.

In reguards to the MC12:
If you think 3-4 seconds slower per-lap is "on pace", then you have me speechless.

Let alone in 2009 Super-GT, in every GT500 race the Aston competed in, it finished around 8 laps behind the GT500 winner on avarage.
(despite weight-handicap / BoP per race)

We now have an option of two Astons for Gr.3 both tailored towards different driving styles, one with less grip but more brute force in power, while the other being more nimble and plucky.

What we have now, is choice. And choice is good.
Especially in racing, of which choice fits your style best.

Last edited:
Love every new car they Add!!!

DB9 road car has been my dream car when I was younger.
seeing it with all this aero is just yummy.

I have to give it to forza their classification system seems more detailed.
not only these race cars are in same category lets say R1(for race cars including for example 911gt3 but also cayman gt4 and TCR cars)- they are further separated into sub classes ''Modern GT3'' ''GT1 Profesional'' ''Retro Le-Mans racers'' ''TCR 2018'' ''Shopping carts with aero'' etc.
Not only you could do one big race with all R1 cars if you wish to do mixed group races, but if you want only most recent gt3 cars or old gt1 cars you could do that too!

this way GR.X cars would have been more useful in fact there won't be no need for GR.X class altogether. I am not saying PD should copy forza but maybe they could consider subcategorising and adding performance Index on the cars and this just might solve some of the moaning.
They could put this new DBR9 into ''GT1 Classics'' subclass of GR.3 And they will have more oportunities to get creative with Weekly races.

Should we put together a spread Sheet and do the classing for PD so when they see it they might consider that as a first draft? haha

Group 2 was only created for the 2016 Super GT cars. Yes, PD shoved the 2008 cars in there too, but they're much closer in performance to the 2016 ones compared to the GT1 cars. The GT1 cars from the late 90's and 2010's are closer to modern GT3 cars than the current Super GT cars. In fact, Super GT's are as fast as LMP2's, so to suggest that the McLaren F1 and DBR9 should've been put in Group 2 is ludicrous.

Notice...jimmy use the RS Tyre....
;)

Yup he did, and so did the competitors in the Semi Final B race which featured the DBR9. Because of that I also used R:S on both of my runs with the Ford GT LM, with 1:24.3 in the video and the 1:23.6 in the picture. My second run was a lot quicker since I had gotten used to the track.

Any idea that the Gr.2 class would get expanded died when the Mac F1 GTR showed up in Gr.3
Why on earth would anybody even think the F1 GTR will be in GR.2 ? it competed in JGTC in 1996 not 2019 . People just make stuff up from thair 🤬 ...

What else could possibly be added to Gr.2? My only thoughts are for modern DTM cars. JGTC era cars do fit the lineup but are way too weak against its newer counterparts.
The Lexus LC500 and the 2019 SGT/DTM cars if they aren't too quick.

Any idea that the Gr.2 class would get expanded died when the Mac F1 GTR showed up in Gr.3

This is where we can tell you don't watch any motorsport beyond the realm of 10-min YouTube vids, because if you did you'd know that GT1 cars from 95-96 (97-99 was effectively LMP) & 00-09 are effectively running in the same pace region as current GT3 & GTE cars... I'd even go as far as saying the 2020-spec GT3 & GTE cars are quicker than GT1.

This is where we can tell you don't watch any motorsport beyond the realm of 10-min YouTube vids, because if you did you'd know that GT1 cars from 95-96 (97-99 was effectively LMP) & 00-09 are effectively running in the same pace region as current GT3 & GTE cars... I'd even go as far as saying the 2020-spec GT3 & GTE cars are quicker than GT1.

Question is in the realm of reality since when have real world racing orgs used either a cars single lap time or overall race distance completion time to be the only or even the main determining factor in creating the composition of a closed course racing class or a cars inclusion into a specific racing class?

My biggest concern or argument stems from if you are trying to use the FIA affiliation and certification to attempt to pass off your product as a legitimate e-sports racing sim then that product should be representative of the product and the racing including the classes and inclusion of the vehicles in the real world that are allowed to race under such FIA banner. Anything other than that is misrepresenting the FIA backing as being legit or realistic.

If you are trying to promote an e-sports based fantasy racing game then what cars whether real or fantasy,vehicle class composition whether real or not and what tracks are included that would meet the full criteria to be approved FIA based circuits would make no difference as it is promoted as a game rather than an e-sports racing SIM.

The chicane of death at DT would never pass muster and be approved on an official course with the close proximity of jutting out walls coupled with the multiple quick change of directions at high speeds where a driver mistake or car contact could easily result in serious injury or death to a driver and lack of sufficient runoff before contacting the barriers in question.

Question is in the realm of reality since when have real world racing orgs used either a cars single lap time or overall race distance completion time to be the only or even the main determining factor in creating the composition of a closed course racing class or a cars inclusion into a specific racing class?

My biggest concern or argument stems from if you are trying to use the FIA affiliation and certification to attempt to pass off your product as a legitimate e-sports racing sim then that product should be representative of the product and the racing including the classes and inclusion of the vehicles in the real world that are allowed to race under such FIA banner. Anything other than that is misrepresenting the FIA backing as being legit or realistic.

If you are trying to promote an e-sports based fantasy racing game then what cars whether real or fantasy,vehicle class composition whether real or not and what tracks are included that would meet the full criteria to be approved FIA based circuits would make no difference as it is promoted as a game rather than an e-sports racing SIM.

The chicane of death at DT would never pass muster and be approved on an official course with the close proximity of jutting out walls coupled with the multiple quick change of directions at high speeds where a driver mistake or car contact could easily result in serious injury or death to a driver and lack of sufficient runoff before contacting the barriers in question.
I mostly agree however i think there should be a bit of freedom in creativity in fictional tracks for example because at the end of the day its still a game for the masses .

I mostly agree however i think there should be a bit of freedom in creativity in fictional tracks for example because at the end of the day its still a game for the masses .

I do not have a problem at all with the use of fictional tracks as long as those tracks would meet all the racing orgs actual criteria to be approved if the track was submitted for consideration in the real world.

I'll just leave it here:

spa francorchamps qualification times:
SPA

GT1 2008 (2:14.246)
GT1 2004 (2:15.047)
GTE 2017 (2:12.420)
GTE 2015 (2:16.420)
GT3 2019 (2:19.315)
GT1' 97(2:08.984)
Group C' 91(1:59.350)
LMP2019 (1:53.683)
LMP2012 (2:01.579)
LMP1999 (2:07.715)

Do you really believe that gt1 out of 90 go the same way as modern gt3s ???

Back