Aston Martin "Goodwood Festival of Speed" Online Competition

• Thread starter That90sGuy
  • 106 comments
If the UK players can get to do a TT and win a trip to the Goodwill Festival, Then why can't other people have there own TT in there own countries and win a trip to a motor sport near them, I know i would love to go to Bathurst again :cheers:

Dear Polyphony Digital

Why is my norwegian version of Gran Turismo 6 telling me that it is a new Goodwood Festival of Speed online competition, when it is just for UK residents? I did not read the notification first in the news section (i know, my bad :embarrassed: ) i went strait to the Seasonal Events, as a very happy man :), and i was looking forward to drive the Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010 in this hillclimb, but as i went to the Seasonal Events i became very disappointed :(, because there was no Goodwood Festival there at all, and when i finally read the notification, my disappointment :( quickly turned to anger :grumpy: :banghead: and i felt cheated. :yuck:
Why can't we in the rest of the world be allowed to participate ;) ?
If not :boggled: , please don't tease us (outside United Kingdom) with a running notification on the bottom of our My Home screen about this event. 👎

Inge

Last edited:
Well it sems I'll have to re-open my UK account.:grumpy:
It seems they could have let the rest of the world have a go at it and just reward the UK folk with the physical prize...oh well, c'est la vie!
Indeed!
any other prizes, like for gold or something?
I'm away from my PS3 right now.
1 000 000 in game credits for participating.

The terms and conditions say that you have to pay your own travel expenses to get to and from the event. What a bummer!

It's all fine and well, if the competition is only for UK residents, but why can't the rest of the world at least have a go at the seasonal event and win the 2 million credits…?

It's all fine and well, if the competition is only for UK residents, but why can't the rest of the world at least have a go at the seasonal event and win the 2 million credits…?
It is probably for the same reason that sometimes Japan get their own special races where they can win nice stuff and I think the USA get their own events too. Its just PD doing what PD do. They reward different people at different times.

It is probably for the same reason that sometimes Japan get their own special races where they can win nice stuff and I think the USA get their own events too. Its just PD doing what PD do. They reward different people at different times.

Yes i was just thinking about the japanese event and now we have this English event, i wonder if this i going to be the new trend for Polyphony Digital and Gran Turismo, this is not fair for the rest of us.
For me personally it feels almost like i being punished for not living in Japan or United Kingdom.
I wonder why they do things like this, i live in Norway and Norway is not included in the GT Academy, but i'm still allowed to drive the events, why can't it be like that for the other events?
I don't understand this at all.
And more important, with so much dissatifaction going on, this is for sure the last thing Polyphony Digital should do.

Last edited:
'It's not fair... I'm gonna cry 'coz I can't play.'

FFS, grow up people... surely not being able to run one event is not worth getting your knickers in a twist over :lol:

Thank you for your honest criticism. And i am a grow up, 50 years old. Yes for you it's only one event, since you live in London, but for us outside both UK and Japan it is now two events.
What will you feel if this is going to be something regular? Thats my point, i am not going to cry because of this, but i don't like the way this is going, and if people is not sure if they going to buy GT7 or not, because of things they don't like about GT6, then this exclution will just add another bad thing on to that list and that will not be any good for Polyphony Digital and for the sale of GT7.

Just had a quick go at this TT ( 1 run stock setup).My time was good enough for bronze just .456 off silver, only got 1,000,000 .Do you get more credits for silver or gold

'It's not fair... I'm gonna cry 'coz I can't play.'

FFS, grow up people... surely not being able to run one event is not worth getting your knickers in a twist over :lol:

Let's put it like this … in a game where new challenges are scarce, every new event would be welcome. To open events just for a minority of players is just unnecessary when the opposite is easily possible, as GT Academy shows. And I bet players would rather test themselves with this new challenge than waste time with running the Red Bull challenge for the umpteenth time to earn credits that are sorely needed in GT6.

Just had a quick go at this TT ( 1 run stock setup).My time was good enough for bronze just .456 off silver, only got 1,000,000 .Do you get more credits for silver or gold

A good clean run should get you gold hopefully. It's not too tough this one, I managed the gold by about 2 seconds. I'm not bragging by the way, just comparing difficulty in context with gt academy round 4 where I can barely get silver.

You get 500,000 credits for gold I think plus login bonus so well worth a go for some decent credits.

Shame I've got no chance of winning this as I'm only 50 miles away, oh well have to pay like everyone else I guess lol.

By the way, the winner gets a passenger ride in an Aston on the hill climb for real! Lucky them!!!

Let's put it like this … in a game where new challenges are scarce, every new event would be welcome. To open events just for a minority of players is just unnecessary when the opposite is easily possible, as GT Academy shows. And I bet players would rather test themselves with this new challenge than waste time with running the Red Bull challenge for the umpteenth time to earn credits that are sorely needed in GT6.

👍 Yes, and you said it better than me. :cheers:

I saw an announcement about this challenge on my game last night. Shame the challenge part is not available to those outside the United Kingdom.

Shame the Red Bull X2014 Standard challenge is currently the only big money maker in GT6.

Currently sat in 3rd and now I'm in a dilemma, do I hold firm and let someone who could actually get to Goodwood have it? Or do I press on and try for first and run the risk of not being able to get there if I win? :confused:

Currently sat in 3rd and now I'm in a dilemma, do I hold firm and let someone who could actually get to Goodwood have it? Or do I press on and try for first and run the risk of not being able to get there if I win? :confused:

I wouldn't worry about that... if you can't go they will offer it to the next person.

hehe i had the same dilemma too but i thought leave it, i can't afford the cost of travel anyway. It looks like my friend Fishylocked really wants it so i wish him luck 👍

If the UK players can get to do a TT and win a trip to the Goodwill Festival, Then why can't other people have there own TT in there own countries and win a trip to a motor sport near them, I know i would love to go to Bathurst again :cheers:
Who knows? they might start making a habit of making TTs for certain countries.

Latest Posts

Back