Aston Martin "Goodwood Festival of Speed" Online Competition

• Thread starter That90sGuy
  • 106 comments
Man my fake UK account isn't giving me the seasonal event ; ; probably cause game was bought on US psn store? :/

Top 10 so far
100_2814.JPG

Good to know I'm still hanging inside the top ten with you guys. :lol:👍

Like a few others, I had problems nailing the turns under the trees. Not because of vision, but the line you have to take if you want to keep your momentum up. You basically have to chuck the car in and hope you don't tag the walls or let the back come round too much.

Can't connect my PS3 to the internet at the moment, will have to have a look at it tomorrow. Would've got on today otherwise...
The guy in question is using a DS3 and is around half a tenth quicker than your time. 👍

We're rooting for ya Bandit. :lol:

Seems alot of the guys at the top are using DS3's, wonder why...
I'm guessing it's due to how short the track is and it being a stock car on race tyres. Some track and car combos favour DS3 users with high sensitivity. ;)

Well I use the standard configuration (X to go and square to stop) and it really is all about launching at the right revs to avoid bogging down or spinning the tyres too much. You just have to find the sweet spot. ;)

Also if you use manual gears, try shifting into 2nd at 41 or 42 mph at the start and don't go any lower than 3rd thought the run.
I've been a Muppet. As soon as I saw wheel spin I realised that I had forgotten to turn off traction control. I'm a second faster now but I will never catch the top guys

Just now managed a 47.758 [85th] and I know I could be a tenth or two quicker if I can perfect [consistently] the daring and oh so dainty little dance past the wall without scrubbing too much of that precious speed, or grazing the hay bales [DQ] at the following right hander if I do manage to clear the wall in front of my ghost. :crazy:

EDIT: 47.614 [70th] a bit better....:nervous: :dopey:

Last edited:
Looks like I'm not gonna go to Goodwood, did a 46.158 but my PS3 won't connect to the web so it hasn't registered.

Didn't have to do one of my .0xx's then. :)

I annoyed this is on at the same time as GTA, it's one of those TT's you need to do quite a few laps in :(

I got to grips with it really quickly yesterday. Only put in about 4 hours. 👍

What day are you there @Aderrrm? I'm there working for Gran Turismo for the whole event.

Cool, I'll see you there. The tickets are for the Saturday but I might be going both on the Sunday too. Do you know if there's anything different running on the Saturday and Sunday?

Last edited:
I could try my brightness/contrast settings, I try to be committed but then I hit the wall so I drive slower I hit the wall and then I'll go on a run for about half an hour where I nail it every time then back into the same routine. :D Probably a mental thing as much as anything.
Don't try - just do it , try not to brake too hard let the car lift by just letting off the power for a split and then booting it again after adjusting the cars position for the turn no jerky violent movements or the car hits the wall or clips the wall and slows down or becomes unstable

Don't try - just do it , try not to brake too hard let the car lift by just letting off the power for a split and then booting it again after adjusting the cars position for the turn no jerky violent movements or the car hits the wall or clips the wall and slows down or becomes unstable

isn't it a bit late for tips
:boggled:

Back