Aston Martin Reveals Its New V6 Turbo, for Valhalla and Beyond

So is the Valkyrie done?

I thought the V6 turbo was gonna be used for non insane applications.
Valkyrie is doing on-road tests right now. Deliveries end of the year - although Aston has today shut down all manufacturing because of COVID-19.

When Valkyrie was still in development phase and Valhalla was just announced, i thought it would fit somewhere in the 488 GTB/720S range with around 700hp, RWD and possibly not even a hybrid. But the 1000hp mark sounds like a bit of overkill, cause the jump from, say, Vantage to this would be quite huge and there's nothing in between to fill the "power gap" up. And it kinda devalues the Valkyrie a bit aswell, since both cars have roughly the same power output. Yes, Valkyrie will probably outmaneuver Valhalla on the track by a huge margin, but still, you get what i mean

When Valkyrie was still in development phase and Valhalla was just announced, i thought it would fit somewhere in the 488 GTB/720S range with around 700hp, RWD and possibly not even a hybrid. But the 1000hp mark sounds like a bit of overkill, cause the jump from, say, Vantage to this would be quite huge and there's nothing in between to fill the "power gap" up. And it kinda devalues the Valkyrie a bit aswell, since both cars have roughly the same power output. Yes, Valkyrie will probably outmaneuver Valhalla on the track by a huge margin, but still, you get what i mean

The Valhalla was always meant to be the poor man's Valkyrie. The gap between that and the Vantage/DB11/DBS is going to be filled with the new MR Vanquish. It can get confusing with a lot of V's and similar looking cars being thrown around :P

To use the Ferrari comparison:
Valkyrie = LaFerrari (or whatever its replacement will be)
Valhalla = SF90 Stradale
Vanquish = 488/F8 Tributo

Back