Aston Martin Sends Off the Old Vantage With a V600 Limited Edition

A nice swansong to the gorgeous Aston, that changed the company´s balance sheets forever. I like it, although i hope customers will chose a bit more color and imagination than dark grey with dark grey. It has quite a name to live up to though....the Original V600 is such a beast. 200+ mph with 5 gears, the aerodynamics of a cupboard and two tonnes of weight.

Its funny that Clarkson was driving the V12 Vantage on Top Gear back in 2009, contemplating the end of such engines and cars...here we are, 9 years later and the V12 gets even more power and torque. Keep it up, Aston.

although i hope customers will chose a bit more color and imagination than dark grey with dark grey.
I kinda hope New Vantage will also sell in bright colors. Not sure about others, but that Lime Green color really grew on me. Some may find it tacky, but I'd rather have an Aston Martin in a bright color than in dark grey.
The automotive world really needs more colors.Dealers should introduce discounts for buying cars in colorful colors.

I kinda hope New Vantage will also sell in bright colors. Not sure about others, but that Lime Green color really grew on me. Some may find it tacky, but I'd rather have an Aston Martin in a bright color than in dark grey.
The automotive world really needs more colors.Dealers should introduce discounts for buying cars in colorful colors.

I like the road car in that yellow more than the racecar! It sounds so silly...a signal yellow Aston..but it´s terrific.

That´s an interesting scheme you are suggesting but I think the economics behind this won´t work because of the vicious cycle of interesting car colors. Those cars usually drop in value once they become used cars because a smaller number of people will buy them. And with sports-and supercars especially, value over long periods of time is important because lots of people see them as investments (sadly). The other thing is that people usually are not brave enough to stand out that much....they want exclusivity but not in a preposterous fashion...that´s why most AMGs are black, white or silver and most Ferraris Red/tan. Not even mentioning the values of "normal" everyday cars. But I am with you.....My favorite road going Porsche for instance is the 964 Turbo. It was available in rather extreme colors for its time and company thinking...bright yellow, bright blue, a very bright turquoise etc...

2vv8707.jpg

Not black, silver or grey but delicious!

I'm liking the styling changes. I'd need red leather to go with that exterior colour though.

Back