Aussies/Kiwis : Monday Night Racing

• Thread starter Rypien
  • 1,110 comments
Australia
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Rypien GT
LATEST UPDATE - the next session details of Monday Night Racing is located on page 13 (post No246) . New races and start times are up! Racing is set for Monday 27th April.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3385688&postcount=246

** please note - i've decided to take a break from GT for a while and as such Crazyhorse will be running the Monday Night Races. I'll try and keep this thread running and updated, but please check the Torctalk thread also for the latest racing news. Link to Torctalk MNR thread located below. You may also find a 'Sunday Afternoon' racing thread over at Torctalk that you may find interesting (also run by Crazyhorse) **

G'day lads. The following Pages in this thread will contain any local races that i might be able to organise from time to time. I'd idealy like to race a few Monday evenings, but doubt it would be a regular thing due to work commitments. But who knows, Monday Night Racing might give us locals a chance to have some Southern Hemishpere 'lag reduced' racing every now and again.

A sister thread is also located at my home Torctalk forums -
http://torctalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1114
Some of the early MNR races can be found from page 13 in this general racing thread also -
http://torctalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=953

Below you will find the first session, but other race sessions may be added on further posts on later pages. The bold print on the first line of this post will be updated as new race sessions evolve, so check this bold print to see if any new sessions are planned and where to find them in this thread.

Before i go any further, please know that all of these races are meant to be fun, so dont take things too seriously. Its all about trying to get some good ole fashioned fun low lag racing happening. Its not about winning at all costs, and more about having a good time with fellow local lads. To any non aussie/kiwis, please dont take offence. I'm sure the odd restricted local flavoured race isnt going to do any harm ;)

I know its very short notice, but i thought that there may be one or two Aussies (or kiwis) that may be interested in running a few races tonight. I really want to keep it limited to Australians and New Zealanders to keep lag to a minimum.

I've got a few mates from the TorcTalk forums that are looking forward to a few fun races tonight and if you are keen to join in for some clean racing then please feel free.

We are running the 10 lap Fuji event, and although the majority of online racers opt for Race Tyres we are going to limit it to S3's (NO race tyres allowed). So dont expect to keep up with the Race Rubbered randoms, but you will have some good racing with us :) My username is TORC_Rypien and the other guys from TorcTalk also carry TORC tags. I hope to not have too many randoms spoiling the racing, and as i said, if you are a Kiwi or Aussie and want some fun feel free to drop in. I know its late notice ...

EVENT - Expert Class PP650 Fuji Speedway F / PRO

DATE - 23rd feb

TIME - 8:03pm to 9:45pm (GMT +10)

SYNCRONISED START TIMES - 8:03 / 8:23 / 8:43 / break / 9:23 / 9:45 (stock RX7 race)

RULES/RESTRICTIONS/COMMENTS
- NO race tyres allowed!!!!!!!!!!! (S3 and below only)
- Drive cleanly *duh*
- Dont get discouraged if we encounter 'random' idiots on the servers (fingers crossed)
- Dont get discouraged if lag raises its ugly head (fingers crossed)
- You may miss a scheduled race start time (dont stress, just take a 20min break and join in next race start)
- You dont have to use the same car for all races. Feel free to use multiple cars if you like.
- Tune the car settings as you wish (gears, suspension etc..).
- TCS (can be used for race starts only)
- ABS optional

** PLEASE NOTE ** For the final 5th race (the one at 9:45) i would like all drivers to use a stock standard Mazda RX7. The car will have S3 Tyres and you are to leave all settings and tune stock. No changing PP, use S3 Tyres, no tuning allowed. Its showroom only baby. Please remember to turn TCS to OFF (in the quick tune options ...... this is the ONLY allowable change to be made to the RX7)

Australians and New Zealand drivers only please ...... wanting to keep lag to a minimum

Last edited:
The 20min start times are too close together. I must also point out, that you are asking racing fans to race when Top Gear is on? Good luck.;)

The 20min start times are too close together. I must also point out, that you are asking racing fans to race when Top Gear is on? Good luck.;)

:lol: Nice one Paulie - I may have a go at this race tonight.

:lol: Yeah. I'd like to be there but today it won't let me connect to psn. I hate my internet at the moment.

We should get fast matching so 20 mins apart should be ok?

What cars are you TORC boys going to be using??

Nz is GMT + 13 so its going to be a late start for us.

Otherwise i would be keen to start now! - .13 and .43??

Heya lads.

We should get fast matching so 20 mins apart should be ok?
I am cutting it pretty fine i know. I probably should have allowed a couple more minutes between races, but with a majority of local lads i hope to be able to sqeeze it all in on time. Will know better next time :sly:

I must also point out, that you are asking racing fans to race when Top Gear is on? Good luck.
Video is ready to go 👍

What cars are you TORC boys going to be using??
Not too sure what the boys will be running. From the interest shown over at Torctalk, i'm not too sure how many guys will come racing (could be anywhere from 2 - 5 i'm guessing) and god knows what cars they will show up in. Just a bit of simple clean fun, dont expect any great testing to see what car is fastest. I'll probably be using my trusty AudiR8, but might give the F430 a race or two. And considering we are not allowed race tyres the random racers usually end up quite a ways ahead. Remember to run a stock standard RX7 with S3's for the last race though.

So, not too sure how many TORC members are racing, but i'll be plodding away. Have not raced too much GT of late and just wanted a Monday night session to dust off some of the GT cobwebs. Fingers crossed a few TORCers come racing, and it would be good to have the odd GTPer having some fun too. Its all about just having some clean fun ...... dont take it too seriously :dopey:

yea we should be sweet the races should only be 17ish minutes.

Only me and joeninety will be racing i think.

See you there!!

Is Aussie NTSC or PAL territory? I'm from Manila, GMT+8... too bad I only saw this now... won't make it home in time. :(

First up, apologies for the poorly thought out start times. And to top it off i had a DNS disconnect error and missed the first race. VERY frustrating i can tell you.

Missed the first race, ran with GTP_joeninety in the second race, managed to hook up with everyone for the next couple, but got split up for the RX7 race and ended up with TORC_PH and me going it as a double (i think a couple of the other guys managed to get matched up in another race).

Good turnout of TORCers (where was your TORC tag eh Womble , and also crazy_gtbn, and a sprinkling of GTPers. Pity my poor time management made it a bit of a mess.

Promise to make it MUCH more organised and fun next time out.

cheers

btw - nice racing ya GTP_joeninety. And thanks to the other GTP guys who made it to the track (albeit a poorly conducted race meeting :guilty: )

First up, apologies for the poorly thought out start times. And to top it off i had a DNS disconnect error and missed the first race. VERY frustrating i can tell you.

Missed the first race, ran with GTP_joeninety in the second race, managed to hook up with everyone for the next couple, but got split up for the RX7 race and ended up with TORC_PH and me going it as a double (i think a couple of the other guys managed to get matched up in another race).

Good turnout of TORCers (where was your TORC tag eh Womble , and also crazy_gtbn, and a sprinkling of GTPers. Pity my poor time management made it a bit of a mess.

Promise to make it MUCH more organised and fun next time out.

cheers

btw - nice racing ya GTP_joeninety. And thanks to the other GTP guys who made it to the track (albeit a poorly conducted race meeting :guilty: )

Was great fun, we should do this more often! - maybe even start a race series GTP Vs TORC haha 👍

yea we still managed at least 3 good ones and the rx-7 race was good but as you say we were split up

We should make it a weekly thing

Hey Rypien,
I wish I'd had a chance to join you guys out there tonight, it sounded like an interesting event...unfortunatlly given the short notice I was unable to make it and I'm sure the numbers were down.
I have heard of and seen you guys on-track, although never visited your forum so I will be interested to here what you guys come up with next time , And would love to have a go.
Good luck raising more interest next time Cheers/ a1P

We should make it a weekly thing

I've always been interested in doing some weeknight racing on a semi-regular basis, but being a shift worker i wouldn't be able to commit as i'd like to. I used to like the way some aussie Live For Speed guys used to have MNR (Monday Night Racing) and kept it local and just clean fun.

Timezones cause hassles (even when kept to Australia and New Zealand), but i'd definately like to try and organise something again (this time a bit better prepared). I know that alot of the TORC based drivers have pretty busy and hectic schedules too, so i'm not sure how much our community could put into a regular thing. But the occasional night of racing would most definately suit most of us. And as i mentioned, we have a few members in Western Australia, QLD, Victoria, and New Zealand, so the gap in times is pretty big (especially for those kiwis). But it was good to see a few guys on track and dusting off the cobwebs.

Might try and get something up and running in the next couple of weeks ....... this time a bit better managed :)

Week night race events sound fine to me mate, But as 'you' work shifts, Theres no doubt Tradies like myself who would love to participate but have early starts every weekday :sly: so as I said in my earlier post...If theres a little more notice then at least we can try and make the time for it..I Look forward to the next event /Cheers :)

p.s. Feel free to PM any event details to me direct so as I don't miss your 'posted thread' on the public forum...👍

Last edited:
mate! never knew many other aussies even played gt5:P. i sware ive seen only a few and i play online basically everyday. So far not much Aussie competition :P but raced against a few good new zealanders.
Are there any decent Aussie clans?
btw what style cockpits/steering wheel you guys got
thanks
Joe

Last edited:
Hey Rypien
The race event was excellent - did not matter on the short notice - as you said it was only just the race times that needed adjusting.
Would love to do that standard RX7 race again with a full grid.

On a side note - I have not seen TORC_OldTimer on track for sometime - any clues where he went?

Anyway I had a ton of fun - Thanks - you name a time and i will be waiting for ya on the grid
Cheers

Couldn't race last night due to a massive amount of Homework. Hopefully this race will happen again.👍

Rydeit wrote -
mate! never knew many other aussies even played gt5. i sware ive seen only a few and i play online basically everyday. So far not much Aussie competition :P but raced against a few good new zealanders.
Are there any decent Aussie clans?
btw what style cockpits/steering wheel you guys got
thanks
Joe

I used to hang out at the GTP a looooooong time ago, but mainly lurk now. Lots of aussies and kiwis around the place since its explosion in membership a few years back. Look around ya mate :sly: My main forum is TorcTalk which is made up of former members of the now defunct GTF (one of the original GT forums) and has lots of aussies and a sprinkling of internationals who have all known each other for years. Very small forum, but close knit.

GTP_joeninety wrote -
On a side note - I have not seen TORC_OldTimer on track for sometime - any clues where he went?

My old former GTF mod partner. He is probably out fishing or taking a break and spending time with the family. Gets pretty busy with work sometimes, so i wouldnt be suprised if he is snowed under, but i'd be suprised if he does not hit the track again soon. A true gent of the GT scene, and one of the founding fathers of OLR.

Whens the next aussie Race

edit: see below

Last edited:
EDIT: Apparently there is a race events GT5:P update happening sometime this week which would obviously mess up these race plans. Will wait and see when they will take effect and if things need changing then i'll update asap asap

Ok lads. My last effort was poorly thought out and organised, but even with that quite a few drivers enjoyed some racing. I've got a couple of Monday evenings free over the next few weeks (2nd and 16th March) and am looking forward to getting in some more racing. So i'd like to give it another chance to do the other night over and get it right. Will definately get some more elaborate races sorted for the 16th, but for this one i just want to try what we did the other night and do it properly.

I'm really keen to keep it limited to Australian and New Zealand drivers. Limits lag and gives it a local flavour. So if you are an international driver from the GTP please try another race start time or event and give us Southern Hemisphere guys a chance to mingle.

Last edited:
While I am not from the Southern Hemisphere and won't be taking part, this looks well thought out and people will have more notice this time. There is one problem though Rypien there is an EVENTS UPDATE this week have you not noticed the news, so who knows what the events will be then.

Looks good, but you should edit your 1st post with the new races youve posted so people wont have to search through the pages to find them

Back